Panasonic Viera p50g25 or Samsung pn50c550 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-11-2010, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After about a month of research I have narrowed down the televisions I want to 2. These two are the Panasonic Viera p50g25 and the older, Samsung pn50c550.

This would be the main television in my one bedroom apartment. While I have wireless the router is as far away from where the tv would be as possible so I would never use the internet features of the Viera. I also have a sound system already so sound from the television is not an issue. All the reviews I have read have put the two televisions around the same picture quality after calibration.

Based solely on picture quality and longevity is the Veira worth the extra money? or is the difference so small I should purchase the $300 cheaper samsung?

Thanks for all your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-11-2010, 11:24 PM

If you are really a "videophile" and you want an accurate and realistic picture, you should definitely get the panny g25. Also, black level is better with g25. However, if you just like tv and movies but don't scrutinize the accuracy of colors and such, the samsung will be great, especially 300 bucks cheaper. Overall, I'd say that samsung's in general have a nice and punchy presentation, and they also look quite sharp. Unless you are a stickler and super critical, you'll be quite happy with both.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a plasma and I'm almost 100 percent sure that the g25 is the one. Good luck and have fun with your decision!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-17-2010, 03:12 PM

have a g25. cant go wrong. its that simple
post #4 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarvo58 View Post

have a g25. cant go wrong. its that simple

I was leaning towards it , i was getting the tv primarily for watching blu ray . I read some comments that the tv is not handling the 1080 P blu ray signal or smth .. hopefully they don't know anything what they are talking about . Do you notice any problems watching bluray if you owned it or heard people say its not the best in that area? ( I was watching a bluray on my parents old plasma 42 i think in 720 or 1080i and i was blown away lol not exactly videophile i guess)
post #5 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsudaMan View Post

If you are really a "videophile" and you want an accurate and realistic picture, you should definitely get the panny g25. Also, black level is better with g25. However, if you just like tv and movies but don't scrutinize the accuracy of colors and such, the samsung will be great, especially 300 bucks cheaper. Overall, I'd say that samsung's in general have a nice and punchy presentation, and they also look quite sharp. Unless you are a stickler and super critical, you'll be quite happy with both.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a plasma and I'm almost 100 percent sure that the g25 is the one. Good luck and have fun with your decision!

Thank you very much , but do you think I would notice the overall quality between the two? Like if i saw G25 compared to the sammy i be like holy ***** im getting G25 now? went to best buy they have Samsung every where i asked if they could show me the G20 and the dude showed it the tv was off and just left lol so i couldn't really see it in action although the plasma sammys on display looked nice enugh. But I like to have the best money can buy if i can have the way better g25 for almost same price i am getting it!
post #6 of 7 Old 12-14-2010, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Not sure about the Samsung but love the G25. Glad I bought it. I'm sure they are both great tv's but G25 seems to be the more popular item on Amazon and on high def forum.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-16-2010, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Images appear sharper on G20/25, softer on C550 but still a nice a nice display. The Sammy C6400/6500 would be more comparable to G20/25 in terms of pic quality. That would be a tougher choice.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page