My view on the C7000 Samsung plasma - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 213 Old 01-27-2011, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So Jukebox I am looking into getting the c7000 next week most likely from a best buy if a local one still has them in stock. Just curious are you still completely happy. I've read so many different things the past few weeks. But I keep coming back to this set being the best buy. The current price is 1499 and come with 2 3d glasses and 3d blu ray player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 213 Old 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

No prob,
I also hardly use the 3D feature. I've maybe used it twice.

Yeah. I literally used it twice. Both were for testing. Idk. I'm just not in to the whole 3D thing. Really makes me wonder how many people use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyg83 View Post

So Jukebox I am looking into getting the c7000 next week most likely from a best buy if a local one still has them in stock. Just curious are you still completely happy. I've read so many different things the past few weeks. But I keep coming back to this set being the best buy. The current price is 1499 and come with 2 3d glasses and 3d blu ray player

Yup. I don't have a signal regret on getting this set. Well, maybe I wish it was a little bigger. But that's about it. It really is a great set. PQ is top notch. Great for gaming. It's really nice. I don't imagine anyone not liking this set.
post #183 of 213 Old 01-27-2011, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Having to replace a broken 50C7000. Can purchase 50C6500 at more reasonable price. Are the specs similar and 2D pic quality about the same for 2D viewing only? Not worried about 3D; BluRay, cable, and OTA viewing only. Considering waiting for D6500 but C6500 is more affordable option right now.
post #184 of 213 Old 01-27-2011, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Having to replace a broken 50C7000. Can purchase 50C6500 at more reasonable price. Are the specs similar and 2D pic quality about the same for 2D viewing only? Not worried about 3D; BluRay, cable, and OTA viewing only. Considering waiting for D6500 but C6500 is more affordable option right now.
Isn't that the LCD version? It will look very much different then this set does.
post #185 of 213 Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
QZ1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

All indications, this late in the model year, are, that the C6500 has exactly the same 2D capability as the C7000; the former lacks 3D, which you don't care for, and they have different aesthetics for the bezel and stand.
post #186 of 213 Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 AM
QZ1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JukeBox360 View Post

Isn't that the LCD version? It will look very much different then this set does.

No, Samsung doesn't make 50" LCDs in the USA. There is, indeed, a 50" (and a 58") C6500 plasma.
post #187 of 213 Old 01-29-2011, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1
All indications, this late in the model year, are, that the C6500 has exactly the same 2D capability as the C7000; the former lacks 3D, which you don't care for, and they have different aesthetics for the bezel and stand.
Making it something to defiantly consider. I do wish this set was a bit thicker. A thin plasma means more heat coming from the set. Least it feels like it.
post #188 of 213 Old 02-03-2011, 11:39 AM

Hello, I am having a hard time choosing between the 58C7000(3d , slighty better specs and non reflective bezel) or the C63590(BIGGER and no extra 3d accessory costs) .They are both in my price range. Me and my wife sit at about 11-12ft depending on the recline position and our two kids sit in their game rockers at about 6-7ft. We have the ps3 and will be playing games and watching BD's as well as H def programs. We have checked on all the 3d displays and it might be cool to have but with the fact that the samsungs are going to be changing their eyeglass technology to bluetooth(non backward) for better reception and more eyeglass options I think maybe I should wait for the 2011's if I really have to have the 3d(although it will be a small percentage of the time that it might be used). I am actually not making my purchase until mid march ( I know availability might factor in) but I want to be ready when it is time to "PULL THE TRIGGER". Thanks
post #189 of 213 Old 02-03-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsez View Post

Hello, I am having a hard time choosing between the 58C7000(3d , slighty better specs and non reflective bezel) or the C63590(BIGGER and no extra 3d accessory costs) .They are both in my price range. Me and my wife sit at about 11-12ft depending on the recline position and our two kids sit in their game rockers at about 6-7ft. We have the ps3 and will be playing games and watching BD's as well as H def programs. We have checked on all the 3d displays and it might be cool to have but with the fact that the samsungs are going to be changing their eyeglass technology to bluetooth(non backward) for better reception and more eyeglass options I think maybe I should wait for the 2011's if I really have to have the 3d(although it will be a small percentage of the time that it might be used). I am actually not making my purchase until mid march ( I know availability might factor in) but I want to be ready when it is time to "PULL THE TRIGGER". Thanks

If I were in your place. I'd go ahead and just get the bigger set. As long as the PQ looks about the same. I'd jump on it. This set is 3D but I have literally used the 3D feature MAYBE twice. Feb-March are your best times to get these sets due to clearance and release of newer models. Go for it.
post #190 of 213 Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So. What did you chose?
post #191 of 213 Old 02-08-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:

So. What did you chose?

Like I stated in my post I will not be in a purchase position until mid March but I am thinking that a 3d set would be nice to have ( for at least a little "wow" factor hear and there) and I would like it to be bigger than my sammy 50" B450. I am hoping that the samsung PN59D6500 with a bundle will be available at a price that I am comfortable with. The panny st30 55" or 60" might also be an option but I am a bit concerned with the black level issues not being fixed. I would also think about a C7000 if the price is right but because of the buzz issues and the IR versus the new bluetooth technology for the eyeglasses it might be better to coin up for the 2011's.
post #192 of 213 Old 02-08-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Like I stated in my post I will not be in a purchase position until mid March but I am thinking that a 3d set would be nice to have ( for at least a little "wow" factor hear and there) and I would like it to be bigger than my sammy 50" B450. I am hoping that the samsung PN59D6500 with a bundle will be available at a price that I am comfortable with. The panny st30 55" or 60" might also be an option but I am a bit concerned with the black level issues not being fixed. I would also think about a C7000 if the price is right but because of the buzz issues and the IR versus the new bluetooth technology for the eyeglasses it might be better to coin up for the 2011's.

I see. I've also been in a pretty big debate to update my set as well. Although honestly. I still love my 7000. I just like to have newer and current things. (As long as they are actually better) Samsung is suppose to have a black level that is the same as last years VT25 series. Making them something to consider.
post #193 of 213 Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM

Hi Guys. Noob on the boards. Ive been researching 50" tvs for what seems like a year. Mostly waiting for this years models to go on sale. Well that time has come. I am currently considering picking up a refurb 50" C7000 model from Amazon Warehouse Deals. The price is right at $1006, plus free shipping, but I was hoping that one of you might chime in on any previous Warehouse deal experiences or refurb sets. I understand Im taking a slight risk if I pull the trigger here, but the price is to good to not consider it. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Cheers
post #194 of 213 Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I thought a refurb item itself was risky?
post #195 of 213 Old 02-17-2011, 10:05 PM

True. But its being sold by Amazon, so I would hope they would not sell an item that was not up to factory condition (at least internally). I would be a little more concerned if it was coming from some dude or an unknown electronics shop.
post #196 of 213 Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 PM

JukeBox360

This is my first post on the forums although I have been lurking around AVS sight since I joined and should add contributed.

The forums have been a tremendous resource for gathering information on todays technology BUT I imerssed myself so much in reading many comments, reviews, discussions and in some cases arguments that I literally was getting to a point of confusion and dispair because there are as many opionions and views as there are model numbers for todays TV's and Monitors.

Anyway I was really leaning towards the newer LCD/LED models like the XVT series but after reading and studying about that technology I decided to look further into the Plasma's since they may better fit my needs and price range.

Like any electronic device there are flaws, strengths and weaknesses and it can be a daunting task to make a decision, again, its even more difficult when your exposed to a plefora of information like we have here at the AVS forums.

The bottom line is I want to THANK YOU for your excellent insight on this series of Plasmas. I was very pleased when I stumbled across your post because you have the same sort of environment and needs for your TV that I would have, that being useage, gaming and movies and price.

Your post, pretty much sealed the deal for me and I have decided that I am going to get the C7000 model. At this point, I may wait a little while and see if there are any clearance prices, so I may latch onto a larger screen size for a deal.

Thanks again keep it up

JB
post #197 of 213 Old 02-18-2011, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

True. I guess I've always heard if a refurb item breaking at an early stage. I used to buy refurb phones. I'll never do that again. They always had problems no matter how well treated they were.
post #198 of 213 Old 02-18-2011, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhodj View Post

JukeBox360

This is my first post on the forums although I have been lurking around AVS sight since I joined and should add contributed.

The forums have been a tremendous resource for gathering information on todays technology BUT I imerssed myself so much in reading many comments, reviews, discussions and in some cases arguments that I literally was getting to a point of confusion and dispair because there are as many opionions and views as there are model numbers for todays TV's and Monitors.

Anyway I was really leaning towards the newer LCD/LED models like the XVT series but after reading and studying about that technology I decided to look further into the Plasma's since they may better fit my needs and price range.

Like any electronic device there are flaws, strengths and weaknesses and it can be a daunting task to make a decision, again, its even more difficult when your exposed to a plefora of information like we have here at the AVS forums.

The bottom line is I want to THANK YOU for your excellent insight on this series of Plasmas. I was very pleased when I stumbled across your post because you have the same sort of environment and needs for your TV that I would have, that being useage, gaming and movies and price.

Your post, pretty much sealed the deal for me and I have decided that I am going to get the C7000 model. At this point, I may wait a little while and see if there are any clearance prices, so I may latch onto a larger screen size for a deal.

Thanks again keep it up

JB

You are most welcome. I'm glad I could help with your purchase. I don't blame you for the choice becoming hard after looking here. Most people talk about only downsides of a set or make those same downsides even worse then they ever are. Worse thing I see is when people see a "problem" when using content they never use anyway. Basically looking for a problem. Which isn't useful in actual usage. Making it pointless to even consider a "problem." The worst thing you will see is many users talking about problems on a set when they have never owned it to begin with. I'm very glad my post seemed to help people. That's all I'm trying to do. Let us know when you get your set and what you think of it. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on your purchase. Good luck!

Juke
post #199 of 213 Old 02-23-2011, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Anyone end up playing KZ3 in 3D on this set yet?
post #200 of 213 Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:

Anyone end up playing KZ3 in 3D on this set yet?

I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet. I also plan to get the game this weekend. I'll let you know my thoughts, unless someone else does first.
post #201 of 213 Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronicTonic View Post

I have the demo, but haven't tried it yet. I also plan to get the game this weekend. I'll let you know my thoughts, unless someone else does first.

Looking forward to it. Thanks.
post #202 of 213 Old 02-24-2011, 11:44 AM

I'm still confused about the AR filter on the 7000 model.
Is it the same filter as on the 6500 or 8000 or is it completely different
than either of those models?
post #203 of 213 Old 02-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

Making it something to defiantly consider. I do wish this set was a bit thicker. A thin plasma means more heat coming from the set. Least it feels like it.

Same amount of heat but disbursed over a smaller area. Air flow could actually be higher if designed right.

Samsung did not see the need to add a fan to the unit so I wouldn't worry about it (of course, if they had everyone would be complaining about fan noise). I'm sure their engineers know more about the tolerances of the unit than we do.

Do you remember how hot CRTs got?

Samsung PN50C7000
Yamaha RX-V775WA
BIC Venturi DV64 Towers
BIC Venturi DV62 CLRs Center

Still building but sounds amazing so far
post #204 of 213 Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobrew View Post

Same amount of heat but disbursed over a smaller area. Air flow could actually be higher if designed right.

Samsung did not see the need to add a fan to the unit so I wouldn't worry about it (of course, if they had everyone would be complaining about fan noise). I'm sure their engineers know more about the tolerances of the unit than we do.

Do you remember how hot CRTs got?

I still own a CRT. They get hotter then plasma sets?
post #205 of 213 Old 02-25-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got a settlement from sister for broken TV, sold 2 tvs and got tax refund. Time to replace broken C7000. Was considering 50D6500 or 50D7000 but got 50C7000 bundled with 5900 Bluray for $999. Nov. 2010 build, excellent PQ, no buzzing. Too good to pass up, rather not wait 3-6 months for prices to drop on 2011s. And 2010s still have analog audio out which I prefer to have, as 2011s have eliminated it. Very pleased with recent clearance purchase of this TV and Panny 50GT25 for $899. Will pass on 2011 models but still interested in performance reports.
post #206 of 213 Old 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Got a settlement from sister for broken TV, sold 2 tvs and got tax refund. Time to replace broken C7000. Was considering 50D6500 or 50D7000 but got 50C7000 bundled with 5900 Bluray for $999. Nov. 2010 build, excellent PQ, no buzzing. Too good to pass up, rather not wait 3-6 months for prices to drop on 2011s. And 2010s still have analog audio out which I prefer to have, as 2011s have eliminated it. Very pleased with recent clearance purchase of this TV and Panny 50GT25 for $899. Will pass on 2011 models but still interested in performance reports.

They got rid of analog audio output? That's just dumb. I think you made the right choice. Where and how did you get the Panny GT25 at that price? Was it new!
post #207 of 213 Old 02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes unfortunately I do believe they eliminated analog audio out on their new 2011 models which is disappointing to me. Sent you pm regarding my purchase info.
post #208 of 213 Old 02-25-2011, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Idk why the heck they would stop doing that. They must be getting cheap or something.
post #209 of 213 Old 02-25-2011, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I'm curious about how you would compare the C7000 and GT25. Any thoughts so far?

You definitely got a great deal on the Samsung.
post #210 of 213 Old 02-26-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:

They got rid of analog audio output? That's just dumb. I think you made the right choice. Where and how did you get the Panny GT25 at that price? Was it new!

That price is at Fry's retail store. But after tax and delivery, you are looking at the same price as Amazon. Fry's also had a great deal on C7000 last week.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page