post #31 of 46 Old 01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoebeAnn60 View Post

In post #13 you said it was "a vertical black line 1 1/4 wide starting 6 inches from the left side of the screen, going from the bottom up to about the center line" but now you say it's "a very narrow green line from top to bottom".

Hedgehog99 is actually mentioning that he has 2 Panasonic Plasmas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog99 View Post

i also have a 42" PZ700, once a couple years ago it developed a vertical black line 1 1/4 wide starting 6 inches from the left side of the screen, going from the bottom up to about the center line ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog99 View Post

my Panasonic 50" has a very narrow green line from top to bottom.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 Old 01-15-2012, 06:59 PM

Liked: 10
ok, some new info on the 42" PZ700 with the black line. as i previously mentioned i replace the C3 board and had no change. tonight i unplugged the ribbon cable on the C3 that corresponds with the black stripe, a white stripe appeared over top of the black stripe, the white stripe is twice as wide as the black stripe, the white stripe however goes away when i plug the ribbon cable back in.
post #33 of 46 Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM

I have panasonic plasma th42px60u, and I have same problem (see image). I replaced c3 board but the problem is there. Sould I try to replace other boards or its a bad plasma pannel?

Thank you for the help
post #34 of 46 Old 04-02-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gujju View Post

I have panasonic plasma th42px60u, and I have same problem (see image). I replaced c3 board but the problem is there.

I looked at the service manual for your model, and it appears it only has two C boards, C1 and C2. Not sure how you replaced a non-existent C3 board.

Since the vertical bar is right in the middle of the screen, it could be the other C-board that is defective.

You could also check the connections from the C-boards and the panel.

This thread seems to indicate that the panel itself could be defective, as supported by these documents.

Please let us know if you happen to solve the issue.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #35 of 46 Old 06-19-2012, 01:41 AM

Hello!

My Plasma (TH-42PZ85EA) has a similar problem.
A vertical black bar and some stripes.
Could it be that a defect buffer board is the reason?
(in my case i think its the C2-Board)

Thank you for your help!

post #36 of 46 Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Bumping this thread for similar problem for a Panasonic TH-C50FD18 (TH-50PZ80U)

Here is a (simulated) photo of the problem. The width of the vertical stripe is the same as the width of the flexible cable from one of the C driver boards (2 blocks.)

Here is the clip from the service manual for the C50FD18 (GPF11DU chassis)

Is Fig 1 a Front View or Rear View of the panel? I took the backing off and noticed C3 is physically located behind the black stripe. Just seems odd to me the physical placement of the driver IC/cable drives the panel pixels on the opposite side. Can someone confirm? The picture below seems to suggest that the Fig 1 service manual pic is a REAR view (though this isn't my exact Panasonic model...)

So C3 or C1? Any advice on diagnosing the issue? TIA.

Derek
post #37 of 46 Old 07-30-2012, 07:00 PM

Liked: 11
All the Panasonic illustrations I've seen are views from the front, but the buffer boards have been numbered in both directions for different models. Moral: use the manual for your model.
post #38 of 46 Old 07-31-2012, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoebeAnn60 View Post

All the Panasonic illustrations I've seen are views from the front, but the buffer boards have been numbered in both directions for different models. Moral: use the manual for your model.

Really? Well ok going by the manual C1 looks to be the suspect one for my model then. It's somewhat counterintuitive that driver circuits/cables address pixels physically located on the opposite side of the panel. Is this typical of plasma panel designs (or just Panasonic?) The 58PZ850AZ GPF11DA chassis (vs mine the GPF11DU) model from the same year (2008) shows C3 (same physical location on both chassis) as addressing the left side of the screen. Just wierd!

Derek
post #39 of 46 Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Advanced Member

UPDATE Well..the moral of the story is...'sometimes' you can trust the service manual for your model. Last night I wanted to verify what board addressed the part of the display I am having issues with so removed the back cover and took out some of the driver ribbon cables on both C1 and C3. Guess what C3 is the board that addresses the left side of the display (from a front view.) This is contradictory to the service manuals for GPF11DU chassis (TH-C50FD18 and TH-50PZ80U). So

ERROR! (from GPF11DU chassis manual TH-C50FD18/TH-50PZ80U)

CORRECT (from GPF11DA chassis manual TH-58PZ850AZ)

Ordered a C3 board hopefully will solve my issue.

Derek
post #40 of 46 Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 PM

I have been trying to troubleshoot my TH-42PWD5 (2002) which started with the 2 blink shut down problem. With the help of Techniwizard, I narrowed the problem down to the SD buffer card and replaced it. Shut down problem solved.

But now I have a black, vertical line, about 1" wide with a 1 pixel wide flickering green line in the black line. I have tried pulling the ribbon cable located behind the line. When I turned it on I too had a white, vertical bar about twice as wide as the black line in the same position as the black line. Cleaned the contacts. Reflowed the solder on the resistors mounted on the ribbon cable behind the metal plate holding the ribbon cable in place. Plugged it back in and there was no change.

I have been looking for information as to the likelihood that one of the C cards could fix this or if the problem lies inside the panel itself, rendering it beyond economical repair.

I appreciate any and all input.
post #41 of 46 Old 08-20-2012, 03:35 PM

I had a 65" pro model that was bought in 08' but rarely used (customer's part time summer home) that devoloped 3 black bars on the left side that were the 1-1/2 x18" or so. We pulled the set and i brought it to an authorized repair shop, paid $125.00 for a diagnosis and they informed me the problem was the screen. $2k+ to replaced so we scrapped it and replaced the TV with a Samsung.

2 weeks later another customer called and reported a single black bar at the extreme left bottom, 1-1/2" x 14" or so, installed around 08' too. We replaced that with a Sony Bravia LED LCD and what a nice picture. After waisting money attempting a repair on the last set i didn't bother with this one. I mounted it in my office and connected it to my PC and since the bar was at the extreme last i reduce the H-size and V-size and turn off side bars now I can program in style with my 2, 22" and 1, 65" (now 62") monitors.

I don't think i'll be purchasing Panasonic Pro plasma anymore for clients. They're too freakin heavy anyway and it's time for LED displays but not Panasonic.
post #42 of 46 Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 AM

Hi There, I repair laptops, pc's and game consoles however my brother got a faulty 52'' plasma tv, having read this thread it would seem like a faulty ribbon cable, there is a dead area of screen about 3 inches wide just right of center from the top of the screen to the bottom, I dont think it would be a fault in boards C2 and C5 because if they are separate boards it would be too much of a coincidence, whats your thoughts on this?
post #43 of 46 Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM

mine has the problem on the top right just showed up on my screen a few days ago had tv for 7 years. Just change the power chord on the back myself got it for $50 online and did it myself now I will try your recommendations ordering in my case top right which I think is c3
post #44 of 46 Old 07-04-2013, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 70
If you have a black bar with -nothing- in the bar, there is a small chance it is a C board fault.
But if you have even a single lit up line, the panel is dead.
post #45 of 46 Old 12-21-2013, 10:01 AM

Based on you saying you were having problems with only half the picture and then the symptoms changed, you may try a T-con (timer control, control, or even called a logic board in some sets). This would be a board that generally has a couple ribbon connectors attached to the boards at the bottom of the panel.

Your disconnecting of the panel ribbons and creating the 3 inch wide columns, with both columns looking the same, may indicate the panel is working OK.

post #46 of 46 Old 03-17-2014, 01:59 PM

Hello. I have 42u10e with vertical black bar 1 connector wide. I've opened the TV and when i disconnect connector from C1 board line which doesn't work become to glow with white and purple colors. When plug back the ribbon cable nothing black line.

My question is is the C1 board faulty or panel is dead.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Th 42px80u
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page