I'm looking for some advice on Plasma tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello: My wife would like to get a hdtv. I already have a 9' screen and projector in my basement with full home theater sound. This would be for her upstairs in the living room. Mainly she watches the cop and reality shows, and if we have company, the kids do watch some movies and cartoon shows. We currently have a Zenith rear projector tv approx 15 years old and is 55" on the 4x3 aspect ratio, or I think that is what it is... it is the square picture basically.

She says she does not want any new tv to be smaller than what we have for picture size, so would we want something in the 60" range to be comparable? Also, I plan to get her an upgraded dishnetwork hd receiver so we have hd content. Where I live is rural on a farm and there is for us no local over the air programming, or cable. I do not have an outdoor antenna either, as a small twister took my 70ft tower down 5 years ago, so we just got our "local" channels over dish network.

Any ideas or suggestions? Tv will be on approx 6-10 hours a day. And I was looking for something in the 1200-1700 dollar area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-09-2010, 08:21 AM

Liked: 11
In that price and size range you're gonna be limited to the LG60pk550, Samsung PN58c550, and the Panasonic TC-P58S2.

If you spend just a shade more than your high end you can get the Panasonic TC-P65S2
post #3 of 3 Old 09-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Liked: 10
Any of those tvs you mentioned is going to be a big upgrade from what you have know. The s2 has had pretty poor reviews while the lg550 have been getting really good reviews especially if it has been calibrated. One drawback to the tv is if it is in a bright room it has a lot of glare. Good luck.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page