Official Panasonic GT20/25 Owner's Thread! - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
^ Thanks man. It doesn't matter that the $897 price on US Appliance's isn't shown publicly, does it? What I mean is, on that website, you don't see $897 for the 50" GT25 until you're checking out and submitted credit card info... This doesn't make the price match invalid, does it? Oh God I didn't even think about that until the guy above mentioned it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 02:38 PM

I ordered last night and I have a scheduled date of Feb 9. That's pretty quick, they must have inventory here in the east somewhere. Whether they keep the date is another story.

The thing I noticed is that they had 9 in stock, after I order it still says 9 a day later.
post #633 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 02:47 PM

^ Mine also says Delivery on the 9th, and I'm in California.

So does anybody know, will Amazon still price match if the lower price doesn't show up until you've submitted credit card info, etc? That $100 would really be nice to have. I hope they don't give me any guff with that.
post #634 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 04:31 PM

I ordered my GT25 50" from Amazon and got it on Friday. As I stated in previous posts, my TV seems to have an issue with filling the screen completely. I haven't yet figured out if this is common to all GT25's, but perhaps this is the issue they are speaking of? Besides that, my GT25 is great. It's a September 2010 build.
post #635 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 PM

A quick note on the price matching: I price matched my GT25 the next day (it still said "shipping soon" but could not be cancelled) because Amazon had dropped it by $100. So, you should be able to do so even though it hasn't shipped. There's no harm in trying, anyway, because they probably would just tell you "It is too soon for a price match" and you could do it later, if that offer from US Appliance is still available. Just select your order details from your list of recent orders in your account, and it's pretty straight forward from there. They list US Appliance as a website that they price match, so I'm sure they know their policies about listing the price.
post #636 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasekis View Post

Well for roughly 30 minutes today the 50 inch GT25 being sold through amazon LLC had this listed on the product page.

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

That has since cleared off so i have no clue whats going on now.

I was also wondering about this as well. I know the USappliance listing is like 2k and does not give you the actual price ( $899 or w/e ) until you are almost finished checking out. Not sure if they would even honor that or not.

This same message has also appeared on some blu-ray movies over the years. The Wizard of Oz collectors edition had this message at one time. I think what happens is someone reports their blu-ray or tv was damaged in shipping and then Amazon takes another look at how it's packaged to try and make sure it doesn't happen again. Just a theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XciteMe83 View Post

^ Mine also says Delivery on the 9th, and I'm in California.

So does anybody know, will Amazon still price match if the lower price doesn't show up until you've submitted credit card info, etc? That $100 would really be nice to have. I hope they don't give me any guff with that.

I don't know. When I price matched us-appliance back in January, the price was on the product page and I had no problem. I don't see why they wouldn't honor that price at final checkout because you could just cancel the Amazon order and go with us-appliance if they didn't want to honor it.
post #637 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno99 View Post

I ordered my GT25 50" from Amazon and got it on Friday. As I stated in previous posts, my TV seems to have an issue with filling the screen completely. I haven't yet figured out if this is common to all GT25's, but perhaps this is the issue they are speaking of? Besides that, my GT25 is great. It's a September 2010 build.

Go into the picture menu. Go to Aspect Adjustments and under HD size select size 1. That should fill your screen. Make sure you are also using the screen format "Full".
post #638 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
to those still asking about the image size,

i have two 50 inch GT tvs and form my eyes i dont see this issue when viewing 4:3 or 16:9 full frame images. i dont have cable and stream from hulu, vudu, youtube, etc...
post #639 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno99 View Post

I think this is normal. A 1920x1080 test pattern shows that 100% of the pattern is showing. My Pioneer Plasma is made the same way.
post #640 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM

I ordered my 50GT25 off Amazon on Wednesday, then saw the low price listed here yesterday for US Appliance and requested the price match. For all of those wondering, it took about 24 hrs. for Amazon to reply by email (which it says in their policy).

Here's the catch: they would only price match for $12.98 because the free shipping offered by US Appliance is ground shipping (drop off at your curbside or driveway, no help unpacking or setting up), while the free shipping Amazon gives you is "white glove." I double checked US appliance and this is indeed the case: you have to pay another $90 if you want their "white glove" shipping where the TV is brought into your home, unpacked, then set-up where you like. Both options have scheduled delivery times.

Additionally, you only get one chance to use the price match policy, though Amazon allows you to wait and see or take the current offer.

For me, I think I'll wait and see if any other offers pop up over the next two weeks. For those considering the difference between the Amazon offer and US Appliance, it's a much smaller difference than you think, unless you don't mind taking it in from your curbside or driveway. With how cheap I am, I still would have taken the ground delivery and found a way to lug it upstairs, but I do feel more confident in Amazon's service and return policy, so...

Anyway, hope that helps.

P.s. Thanks so much to all of you who post technical help, you rock!
post #641 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 05:39 PM

Thank you for all of the replies. I did try all the things mentioned, but still the same thing. I also checked with the 1080p test pattern, and I did see the entire pattern on screen. I'm going to go down to Fry's and take a peek at theirs to see if it looks the same as mine, for peace of mind. Sorry for the fuss over it, but like anyone I want to make sure my TV is ok before my exchange policy runs out. Thanks again for your help.
post #642 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 07:10 PM

Up until I was ready to order one for myself I hadn't paid much attention to the shipping policies of the vendors. That's one reason I went for Amazon. I wanted to make sure that the TV was in perfect shape, and the only way to do that is to have the shipper either wait or with Amazon where they unpack it for you.

I'm waiting for Amazon themselves to lower the price. Once the GT30 and ST30 are available these won't sell so readily.
post #643 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gas_leak View Post

Yes it will play on the tv speakers as 2 channel PCM.

The TV will also send a 5.1 signal out to a audio receiver via Optical out when watching tv programming that uses it. If you connect a blu-ray player via HDMI the tv will only send 2 channels to the audio receiver via Optical out.

Does anyone know a trick to make the TV output 2 channel over optical when fed a 5.1 signal from a QAM HD TV channel? I have surround turned off in the audio settings. I don't see anything obvious in the menus or manual..

The closest thing I have found is that some channels have 2 channel audio on SAP instead of spanish. But sometimes they have spanish, which doesn't solve my problem.

Thanks
post #644 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member

My TC-P50GT25 should be here this week. Can't wait. Had the Samsung PN50C490 but the buzzing is killing me so it's going back. Had the 680 as well but same issues.

Already own two Panny's and wanted to give samsung a try but oh well. Can't wait for it to arrive..

Anyone know where I can get glasses cheaper? I need three pairs. I will probably grab the AVatar 2 Glass set but still need an extra pair.

Thanks
post #645 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Just got my 46GT24 from Costco today. My question to you guys is:

Is there anyway to get the free Avatar disc? I know there is mail in rebate form but that only applies to ppl who purchased before Dec.1, 2010. And we didn't seem to have it boundled with TV either.
post #646 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowiknow View Post

I ordered my 50GT25 off Amazon on Wednesday, then saw the low price listed here yesterday for US Appliance and requested the price match. For all of those wondering, it took about 24 hrs. for Amazon to reply by email (which it says in their policy).

Here's the catch: they would only price match for $12.98 because the free shipping offered by US Appliance is ground shipping (drop off at your curbside or driveway, no help unpacking or setting up), while the free shipping Amazon gives you is "white glove." I double checked US appliance and this is indeed the case: you have to pay another $90 if you want their "white glove" shipping where the TV is brought into your home, unpacked, then set-up where you like. Both options have scheduled delivery times.

Additionally, you only get one chance to use the price match policy, though Amazon allows you to wait and see or take the current offer.

For me, I think I'll wait and see if any other offers pop up over the next two weeks. For those considering the difference between the Amazon offer and US Appliance, it's a much smaller difference than you think, unless you don't mind taking it in from your curbside or driveway. With how cheap I am, I still would have taken the ground delivery and found a way to lug it upstairs, but I do feel more confident in Amazon's service and return policy, so...

Anyway, hope that helps.

P.s. Thanks so much to all of you who post technical help, you rock!

If this is the stance they are talking, this is a load of bull... Please, others who were hoping to price match US Appliance's price, let me know if you had a similar experience or if anything different was said. This seems really shady for some reason. A true example of tricky "small print"
post #647 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 10:10 PM

I checked out the GT25 at Fry's today, and yes, it had the same setup as mine with the picture not going all the way out to the edge. In comparison to the S2 that was there, the bezel on the GT25 was shorter around the inner edge, which allows you to see the inner edges of the screen that don't show any picture. The S2 has a thicker inner edge, so it covered the non-viewable areas. Not sure why the GT25 is like this, but it is.
post #648 of 2485 Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
panasonic lists the TV as 49.9 inches and not 50 so this may answer the reason why? i cant see the edge from my viewing angle and it does not seem noticeable on the content i watch. granted i watch only online material--that may be a difference--may not..cant do it on the ps3 which is on one of the tvs, but the other one has a sony bdp-s770 BD player. i can go in and set the actual viewing range down to the tenth, so i have it listed as 49.9...
post #649 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 AM

Hmmm, interesting - Thanks for the post. I've just decided to stop worrying about it, since it seems to be normal for the set, but glad your experience is a good one!
post #650 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XciteMe83 View Post

[RE: Amazon price matching - cost + Shipping]If this is the stance they are talking, this is a load of bull... Please, others who were hoping to price match US Appliance's price, let me know if you had a similar experience or if anything different was said. This seems really shady for some reason. A true example of tricky "small print"

Well, I would respectfully disagree XciteMe. I don't belive AMZ is trying to be deceptive and I think their price matching is a great 'bonus'. It gives potential buyers some reassurance that we're not going to burned by pulling the trigger, just before a manufacturer price drops or retailer has a loss leading sale. And c'mon already - we all know with this type of electornic purchase we just have to jump in at some point... knowing that the price will continue to drop and someone is going to get a better deal. But, it makes sense that if AMZ does a price match, they need to be matching apples with apples on the whole package, i.e., cost + shipping, which represents the whole of their cost (expense).

In the many forums I've read addressing this issue, the only complaints I've seen about AMZ price matching revolve around the 'shipping issue'. I find it useful to intepret AMZ's 'free delivery' to actually mean the 'cost of delivery included in price'; and therefore I need to include the cost of an equivelant delivery into any potential price matching.

Disclaimer - Leocatz owns AMZ stock and wants only happy customers!
post #651 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 07:34 AM

For those of you who are getting your GT25 soon or have so recently, I highly suggest you follow the guide lines of break in for the first 200 hours (possibly closer to 500) to avoid IR. I have had my GT25 for almost a month and have well over 350 hours on the panel. I watched Cartoon Network for 30-45 minutes yesterday and now have the "CN" logo on my screen. It's been almost 24 hours since I noticed it. I have tried running the white scroll bar, break in slides, and pixel flipper to no avail.
post #652 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 AM

I think amazon forgot about me

Ordered mine on the 2nd, told a friend about the deal on the 3rd, he ordered his on the 4th and it went into "shipped" status on the 5th. Mine still hasn't.

Oh well, hopefully they ship my TV while the technology is still relevant.
post #653 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakdaripper View Post

For those of you who are getting your GT25 soon or have so recently, I highly suggest you follow the guide lines of break in for the first 200 hours (possibly closer to 500) to avoid IR. I have had my GT25 for almost a month and have well over 350 hours on the panel. I watched Cartoon Network for 30-45 minutes yesterday and now have the "CN" logo on my screen. It's been almost 24 hours since I noticed it. I have tried running the white scroll bar, break in slides, and pixel flipper to no avail.

The break in slides do not help prevent IR or Burn-in. I have never done the "Break In" with my 3 panny plasmas and never had and issue with either.

Knock on wood myh GT25 will have no issues. I just turn down the brightness and contrast and never has an issure.

sorry to hear you have.
post #654 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grif32 View Post

The break in slides do not help prevent IR or Burn-in. I have never done the "Break In" with my 3 panny plasmas and never had and issue with either.

Knock on wood myh GT25 will have no issues. I just turn down the brightness and contrast and never has an issure.

sorry to hear you have.

I did not run the break in slides either. I ran the set's contrast/ brightness below 50 for the first 200 hours and tried to avoid black bars and channel logos by using the "zoom" format. I now watch it in THX mode with my contrast set at 48/ brightness at 58 and I get this problem for watching a show for 30-40 minutes. I think the issue is mainly the black & white "CN" logo. I don't know why these channels have to have such bold watermarks. Very irritating!
post #655 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakdaripper View Post

I did not run the break in slides either.

What are these "break in slides" I see mentioned frequently?
post #656 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 09:53 AM

I just discovered this by mistake. I am able to control my ps3 using Harmony 880 without the adapter! I have my ps3 hooked up to a panasonic sc-htb10 soundbar, which is in turn attached to a 50" GT25 plasma. I was messing w/ remote and accidentally hit the "network camera" options in the menu. I have Playstation Move camera attached to my PS3. When I selected the network camera, my PS3 turned on, the TV automatically switched to the PS3 input, and i was able to scroll through the ps3 menu using the Harmony 880 w/out using bluetooth adapter. I don't know if this was done before, but i got excited and wanted to share.
post #657 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad036 View Post

I just discovered this by mistake. I am able to control my ps3 using Harmony 880 without the adapter! I have my ps3 hooked up to a panasonic sc-htb10 soundbar, which is in turn attached to a 50" GT25 plasma. I was messing w/ remote and accidentally hit the "network camera" options in the menu. I have Playstation Move camera attached to my PS3. When I selected the network camera, my PS3 turned on, the TV automatically switched to the PS3 input, and i was able to scroll through the ps3 menu using the Harmony 880 w/out using bluetooth adapter. I don't know if this was done before, but i got excited and wanted to share.

I was able to control my ps3 with the remote that came with my tv, after i set up a panasonic bt330 home theater system. I was pretty amazed because i thought u needed an adapter for the ps3.
post #658 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post

I was able to control my ps3 with the remote that came with my tv, after i set up a panasonic bt330 home theater system. I was pretty amazed because i thought u needed an adapter for the ps3.

Yeah, I was pretty amazed too. I thought I was going to have to by the adapter or the official PS3 remote. Now I don't have to!
post #659 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad036 View Post

Yeah, I was pretty amazed too. I thought I was going to have to by the adapter or the official PS3 remote. Now I don't have to!

thats what hdmi is all about. controlling everything with 1 remote. its nice cause i can control my pany tv, pany surround sound, and ps3 with just the 1 remote. i can actually use the remote from time warner cable to control all of them too but it doesn't do all the features like viera cast.

still waiting to see if i get the avatar 3d bluray from panasonic. sent it in i think 2 or 3 weeks ago and haven't received anything back yet
post #660 of 2485 Old 02-06-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown force

thats what hdmi is all about. controlling everything with 1 remote. its nice cause i can control my pany tv, pany surround sound, and ps3 with just the 1 remote. i can actually use the remote from time warner cable to control all of them too but it doesn't do all the features like viera cast.

still waiting to see if i get the avatar 3d bluray from panasonic. sent it in i think 2 or 3 weeks ago and haven't received anything back yet
This must be a feature of the new 1.4, because I've had other tvs and surround sound systems and have never had this option.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page