Official Panasonic GT20/25 Owner's Thread! - Page 37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also forgot to ask...

Do you have to use the Panasonic USB adapter for Viera Cast? I have a D-Link DWA-125 adapter that I use for my WDTV and wasn't sure if it would work with the P50GT25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blip View Post

Seems that you have to go through to check-out to see their price, even putting in CC info. Not sure I want to do that, but I would like to price match from Amazon...

You don't have to put in your CC info before it shows you the price. Just put in your address and hit apply next to the shipping box and the price changes.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my 50GT25. I can't get it to display 1080p pictures from my ps3 via my Onkyo 608. When I try to select 1080p, the screen goes blank on the PS3. When I try to force 1080p from the Only, it won't work either. The refresh rate on the menu is greyed out at 60hz if that matters.Any help would be much appreciated. I really hate this tv at the moment.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:44 PM

Does 1080p work with the PS3 connected directly to the TV?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:13 PM

I just hooked it up straight though and that worked. So it's an issue with the 608?
Old 02-25-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm ready to try some of the settings but I can't quite figure out how to navigate through the service menu. What do I need to do to get to the offset adjustments after I press info 3x?

I'm surprised at some of the things I'm reading about THX mode being nearly perfect out of the box, when I find everything green.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacster View Post

I'm ready to try some of the settings but I can't quite figure out how to navigate through the service menu. What do I need to do to get to the offset adjustments after I press info 3x?

I'm surprised at some of the things I'm reading about THX mode being nearly perfect out of the box, when I find everything green.

Here is your guide to change offsets:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post19920709
Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 PM

Ok here's my color readings

bad sensor?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
NOt impressed with the 54VT25 I saw today. 3D glasses make the picture too dark. IS GT better?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
Got my GT25 last week, and thanks to Zodduska's re-posting of the procedures I checked the hours logged on my set. The report shows 20 more hours on the set than I have logged (have kept close track of my hours for break-in purposes). Is this normal, or did I get somebody's return? (Purchased locally from Frys')

David
Old 02-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Would you buy this TV again?

I'm looking at this and the PN50C550G

Panny 55St60
Panny 55St50(gaming)
Sony 55 NX720
Samsung 42 Hpt(Plasma)
Panny 32Viera LCD (TX)
Klipsch surround
Denon HDMI Receiver
Bose Solo
Playstation4(BF4,Madden,Ghosts,NFS,KZ,FIFA)
XBox360
Ipad 1 & 2
Iphone 5S
Old 02-25-2011, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicFlair View Post

Would you buy this TV again?

I'm looking at this and the PN50C550G

us appliance has it for $877 with free shipping. the price doesn't show till you enter your name and address. get it asap b4 the sell out again.

http://www.us-appliance.com/tcp50gt25.html
Old 02-25-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUPPPP View Post

us appliance has it for $877 with free shipping. the price doesn't show till you enter your name and address. get it asap b4 the sell out again.

http://www.us-appliance.com/tcp50gt25.html

thats a great price!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabletvsucks View Post

NOt impressed with the 54VT25 I saw today. 3D glasses make the picture too dark. IS GT better?

did you set it to THX? THX make it a little bit darker but it has the best color out of the box, almost perfect. but you really get the full potential of this set after a professional calibration!
Old 02-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truquitos View Post

did you set it to THX? THX make it a little bit darker but it has the best color out of the box, almost perfect. but you really get the full potential of this set after a professional calibration!

No it was on standard and had the clerk set it to vivid and still the 3D glasses made picture too dark compared to Samsung PN8000 right beside it. The 8000 has a better pic then the Pany from cnet reviews. Pany only beats it by a black nose. Cnet quote. As in better blacks but not better pQ.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:48 AM

Quote:

No it was on standard and had the clerk set it to vivid and still the 3D glasses made picture too dark compared to Samsung PN8000 right beside it. The 8000 has a better pic then the Pany from cnet reviews. Pany only beats it by a black nose. Cnet quote. As in better blacks but not better pQ.

Vivid and standard modes on the VT25 are horrible, simple as that. You have to see it to THX to really see the PQ improvement, the 3D on the vt25 will get brighter after a pro calibration. In my opinion the vt25 is a better set than the samsung. Overall 3D is kind of dark even on the movies theater, so in my opinion 3D looks it's best in a dark environment. Also we have to know that almost all the 3d glasses are kind of dark.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That's debatable.

Black level is among the most important aspects of PQ.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post

That's debatable.

Black level is among the most important aspects of PQ.

That's 100% true. And the vt25 is the best tv so far.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
After the VT is calibrated (specifically with ControlCal software), then yes I would take it any day over the Samsung. But the Samsung is also a damn good TV. Really cannot go wrong with either.

In regards to the GT. There really isn't a better TV for the money right now. But the VT is better. You mentioned you were in BestBuy, but how was the viewing environment. Honestly, other than looking for defects in a TV. Viewing one anywhere but your house is somewhat useless. I buy a TV based on reviews by experts/calibrators (i.e. not Cnet).

Speaking of pricing. Seriously, the majority of you need to read the forum rules. NO PRICE TALK. I am very surprised a moderator has not made a comment yet. This is a technical forum. If you want to talk about pricing there are forums for that. Not trying to sound like a you know what. But our owner thread is getting convoluted.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Zodduska:

I assume you took that in THX mode? If so, and if there is not some setting in ColorHCFR throwing it off (again, sorry for not being familiar enough with that software). Then yes your meter is off. Seriously, Panasonic TV's that are THX certified are freaking amazing when it comes to gamut. That doesn't mean out of the box they are perfect. But you get near a PERFECT color gamut with just a basic color decoder (color/tint settings). Normally this would require CMS.

Does ColorHCFR give any more information in regards to color? Like DeltaE? Color Luminance? Color/Tint Error?

Sorry about not posting my new settings yet. Had a busy night. And while studying my latest graph I am pretty sure I can make it even better (as I kind of rushed through it last night). So good thing tomorrow is Saturday
Old 02-26-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutdotnet View Post

After the VT is calibrated (specifically with ControlCal software), then yes I would take it any day over the Samsung. But the Samsung is also a damn good TV. Really cannot go wrong with either.

In regards to the GT. There really isn't a better TV for the money right now. But the VT is better. You mentioned you were in BestBuy, but how was the viewing environment. Honestly, other than looking for defects in a TV. Viewing one anywhere but your house is somewhat useless. I buy a TV based on reviews by experts/calibrators (i.e. not Cnet).

Speaking of pricing. Seriously, the majority of you need to read the forum rules. NO PRICE TALK. I am very surprised a moderator has not made a comment yet. This is a technical forum. If you want to talk about pricing there are forums for that. Not trying to sound like a you know what. But our owner thread is getting convoluted.

Idk about pricing, but I have seen alot of member talking about pricing, ex amazon. I know is a rule but sometimes members feel like protecting others from overpaying stuff I guess. Even you find yourself finding a great deal that you were aware of. But rules are rules.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:49 AM

Quote:

quite a few of the threads in this forum explicitly say in the title "no price talk". this thread doesn't. which is why if figured it was ok. why does it matter? why do you care? we're all hear to help one another, no?
Old 02-26-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:

Zodduska:

I assume you took that in THX mode? If so, and if there is not some setting in ColorHCFR throwing it off (again, sorry for not being familiar enough with that software). Then yes your meter is off. Seriously, Panasonic TV's that are THX certified are freaking amazing when it comes to gamut. That doesn't mean out of the box they are perfect. But you get near a PERFECT color gamut with just a basic color decoder (color/tint settings). Normally this would require CMS.

Does ColorHCFR give any more information in regards to color? Like DeltaE? Color Luminance? Color/Tint Error?

Sorry about not posting my new settings yet. Had a busy night. And while studying my latest graph I am pretty sure I can make it even better (as I kind of rushed through it last night). So good thing tomorrow is Saturday

Yeah, figures, I didn't expect much out of this cheap Spyder2.. heck I didn't even realize I could attempt to use it until yesterday. I'm pretty sure I had the settings in HCFR right, that guide was pretty detailed using both the Spyder2 and ColorHCFR. I even tried it without the LCD filter with horrible results.

here's the color breakdown from HCFR

Old 02-26-2011, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakdaripper View Post

Here is your guide to change offsets:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...9#post19920709

Thanks. I knew it was in here somewhere but I couldn't find it.

Btw, an excellent name.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUPPPP View Post

quite a few of the threads in this forum explicitly say in the title "no price talk". this thread doesn't. which is why if figured it was ok. why does it matter? why do you care? we're all hear to help one another, no?

That warning in the title is more of a reminder to keep threads from moving to price talk which is against the forum rules. I believe the forum only allows for MSRP price talk which would be considered common knowledge but anything else is not allowed I suppose to not create a disadvantage to companies advertising on the site. Just guessing there though....

PS not trying to be a forum cop just trying to clarify it a bit.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 AM

gotcha camster. sorry, didn't mean to be a sh** disturber.

does anybody know if there's a screen saver you can turn on with this tv? I'm using the pandora radio feature and i hate the white/gray screen burning brightly. i turned the contrast/brightness to zero, but i still am afraid w/ the tv being this young.

edit: haha, nevermind: i just saw the screensaver go on.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 33
that pandora screen will start to rotate on its own after a few minutes. same with the vcast app...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:57 AM

Took delivery of My 50gt25 today via CEVA. Open the tv up, Styrofoam a little broken, no biggie, hooked her up, hit power, i hear the loudest buzzing i've ever heard in my life. Immediately powered down, inspect the tv closely and sure enough, there was a crack in tv glass thats the full width of the TV. Called Amazon immediately, there sending another out, but the wait is killing me!!!

Buyer Beware, anyone who orders through Amazon, and they use CEVA logisitics for your delivery, there are numerous threads on Amazon about them. Inspect and hookup your tv immediately on arrival.
LL
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodeci4l View Post

Took delivery of My 50gt25 today via CEVA. Open the tv up, Styrofoam a little broken, no biggie, hooked her up, hit power, i hear the loudest buzzing i've ever heard in my life. Immediately powered down, inspect the tv closely and sure enough, there was a crack in tv glass thats the full width of the TV. Called Amazon immediately, there sending another out, but the wait is killing me!!!

Buyer Beware, anyone who orders through Amazon, and they use CEVA logisitics for your delivery, there are numerous threads on Amazon about them. Inspect and hookup your tv immediately on arrival.

this can happen if you order from any online retailer. it could just as easily happen to you if you went to BB or sears and purchased a tv and took it home. i have heard of people purchasing from BB and taking the tv home only to find it having a cracked screen which probably happened from the warehouse to the store and BB gave the people a hard time about exchanging it because they took it with them. amazon and others from what i have heard are really good as long as you notify them asap. they even tell you to check the tv out before the delivery people leave. it happen and it sucks but atleast they are sending you a new one.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:23 AM

True enough, but the manager for CEVA called me asked if i had setup an exchange with Amazon. Apparently, another customers item on the same truck(a glass table, if i recall) was broken as well. She was very professional, but another item on the shipment was also damaged. I'm glad amazon, was very customer oriented, and didn't even ask any questions.