The Official LG PX950 3DTV Owner's Discussion Thread - Page 71 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 02-20-2015, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsasha92x View Post
Hello avfantatic1, darkdawgpico, and rumps,

I got my LG 60PX950 back in 2010 when it was first released and I'm now having the same issue as you guys with the HDMI ports not working. All the analog inputs are fully function, the TV has the latest firmware/software, and the TV detects when a HDMI device is connected. Could any of you help me out with finding a solution before I go ahead and get a new tv?

Thanks
Guess it looks like the biggest issue this TV has is the hdmi ports failing :/

Only option is to try to find an hdmi board used (which I ended up doing for around $200 half a year ago). Would you be able to swap the board if you could get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2015, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Main board, swap 4 channel HDMI switch

Hi all!

I recently got one of these TV:s from a friend when the HDMI ports stopped working and he was going to throw it away. After reading up on this problem and finding this forum thread I think I have an idea of what could be wrong with the board. I think all the 4 HDMI ports go to the TDA19997 IC on the main board, which is a 4-port HDMI switch. If you search for this component on for ex mouser electronics its been replaced with the TDA19998 which is the same component (pin-compatible). So my thought was that obviously there was something wrong with the TDA19997 and that would explain why so many have the same error on this TV. It wouldn't surprise me if the new boards have the TDA19998 instead. But of course all this is just speculative until I get the board out and swap the component. If anyone have a new board it would help to if you could post a picture on it for comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fvfWVo8_crop.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	294.8 KB
ID:	558841  
Old 03-28-2015, 06:05 PM

I have the same problem - all 4 HDMI ports not functioning.

I look forward to anyone who has come up with a simple fix to this major problem with this type of TV.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:05 PM

Lg 60px950

I also got this issue with my tv from 2011 here in sweden. The screen works fine and internet apps but HDMI don't work. It recognize what port im using but no picture just the screen "no signal". I also look for a way of solving this......one way may be to contact the insurance company and I pay some bucks and get me a new tv ;-). Still it is a good tv and I really love it so if it is possible to fix it, it would be nice!
The proposal that it could be the switch thing sound like a good ide. I see that the tv tells connecting and it take some seconds and "no signal".
Old 04-14-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toobyy View Post
I also got this issue with my tv from 2011 here in sweden. The screen works fine and internet apps but HDMI don't work. It recognize what port im using but no picture just the screen "no signal". I also look for a way of solving this......one way may be to contact the insurance company and I pay some bucks and get me a new tv ;-). Still it is a good tv and I really love it so if it is possible to fix it, it would be nice!
The proposal that it could be the switch thing sound like a good ide. I see that the tv tells connecting and it take some seconds and "no signal".

By the way I will call LG support tomorrow and just hear what they say..... I van write here what the answer is...
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Angry

Toobyy, have you heard anything helpful from LG?

I haven't been able to find a replacement board so I've been limited to using component connections for HD. I really want to use my bluray DVD player to watch 3D movies again... Still searching for a fix.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 AM

Answer from LG support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdawgpico View Post

I haven't been able to find a replacement board so I've been limited to using component connections for HD. I really want to use my bluray DVD player to watch 3D movies again... Still searching for a fix.

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply....I have called them and got an answer. I have some links to share here but need to write 5 reply before it was possible to post links...I have only posted two times here so I just make some bla bla replys..
Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 AM

one more..
Old 04-24-2015, 11:51 AM

Answer from LG support!

I hope it works after this one.....
I hope I don't get thrown out for this... ;-)
Old 04-24-2015, 11:52 AM

Answer from LG support!

Quote:

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply. I called support and it turned out that LG have home repair with a fixed price 3990 kr (Swedish currency) about 462dollar. For this price they fix anything except the panel. If it is that who is the problem you will give you an offer how much it will cost. Any how I just provide my address and serial number and some more things that is to be found on the tv. One day later one guy come to our house and he fixed it within 30min. It was the main board as everybody here also have guessed. LG have one site for each country that you can order spare parts from as I understand. I live in Sweden and here the site is http://lgdelar.se/.
They have this main board here --> http://lgdelar.se/tv/kretskort/ebt61254601-mainboard/.
It cost 2299 kr (Swedish currency). It is about 266dollar.
I did not want to take the chance on replacing this by myself if it was not that problem. That was the reason to why I payed so they come and fixed it.
If you want to fix it by your self it was a easy thing just of with the back plate and remove the cables and unscrew the card in back with the new one. screw it all back again. One thing that I saw this guy doing was that he filled in the serial number and the product code (60px950N) in my case. So writ these things down before cause what I saw this screen appeared at once the tv started again. But I'm not sure its needed and I'm not sure if he just used his special LG-repair remote that he had with him...that could have been the case and that's the reason to why this screen appears. I think that the reason to why he entered these numbers in is due to if you want to update the firmware it may use these to compare some lines in the firmware to check that you have the right one for just that model. But im not sure.

Bottom line. Call LG support they told me about this site from where I could order spare parts and do it my self. They where really helpful. One more thing I asked them if even thou my tv was 4 years old if they could do this as goodwill or what to call it due to the reason that I found so many on the internet that had the same problem. They looked in to this and told me later on that they did not see that it was so may that had had this issue so they could do this. But what the heck ask them you also you may not get the same answer.... :-)

Good luck!! :-)
Old 04-24-2015, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply Toobyy!
Old 04-24-2015, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Toobyy!
I saw now that I had a lot spelling errors but I hope it was possible to understand anyway... :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement