Samsung HPT4234 Plasma Clicking sounds when power cord is plugged in... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-22-2010, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone well I can honestly say that I tried my best looking around this forum for my TV model and issue that I am having but I found nothing in regards to my TV so I'm posting this for anybody else who has a similar problem as I do with the model TV...
OK here we GO
Again this is a Samsung HPT4234 Plasma ( if you need more info about the TV let me know?)
I did my research and found some great advice for the Clicking sound that comes from my TV everything I found kept pointing to the Power Board and in particular the Capacitors so I proceeded to check for myself sure enough I had one swollen capacitor it was a 2200uf (micro-farads) 10V 105 Celsius cap so I then followed the fix given by the research I did, and went out to find replacement caps I figured I should replace both as there were two one right next to the other but only one was bad, so I de-solder and solder on the caps the new caps I got were 2200uf 16V 105 Celsius most of the fixes that people have done stated that they used similar Farads and Degrees but different voltage's so I figured I could do the same after I made sure that my soldering job was good and cleaned I proceeded to plug the power back expecting the same result as everyone else life back to my TV <<< NOPE >>> zip, zero, nada same issue still have the clicking sound but now I can hear the components on the power board charge up and when I unplug the power cord the power button will go from displaying nothing to a solid blue circle and it will remain on till the power is dissipated from the board, after the huge disappointment I tried to find someone else whose simple fix wasn't so simple so far the only thing I was able to find different was to check the fuse's which I never thought to check so I checked then and they tested fine...
So my question is did I use the wrong caps is there in fact a fix for this issue????
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Try this thread: http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62360

This fix worked for me. Make sure you have the polarity of the capacitors correct.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-23-2010, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply zrxmike I double checked and the polarity is fine is there anything else should I replace the caps with the original size that link you gave so guys replacing caps with 1000uf but 16v, 25v, 35v, not sure if I should trying something like that?

Thanks for that advice
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page