AVS Forum banner

Samsung PN50C550 Burn In Question? (letter box & Black bars)

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  john76 
#1 ·
Thanks in advance for your feed back.

Now down to the question. I watched our first movie & then played some xbox both required letter box/black side bars. I noticed after watching the movie & play the xbox that there was a slight ghosting/burn in from the black bars. I adjusted the image to fit the entire screen and before I went to bed I ran the Burn Protection Scrolling feature. No permanent bun in at this point

I've heard about the ~200 hours before the TV is broken in. What make this true about plasma displays?

Will I always have to worry about burn in on this TV?

#2 ·
Justin, I also recently purchased the PN50C550, and have done extensive research on the burn issue long before i even purchased it. Talk about a flawed design, fail
It doesn't seem to happen to everyone though. In my searching i found that many people who've gotten the burn problem are people who received returned TV's from other owners with children who have sticky fingers and play with the TV settings and screw it up,
or people who simply don't know what they're doing. I haven't noticed any burn on mine, i've had it for 3 days now. Hopefully I won't have that problem though. Since i take no chances I purchased the 3 yr warranty from Square Trade for it which was very inexpensive, i recommend that you do so also. Please let me know if you find anything out or if someone ACTUALLY replies to your question,
as it seriously concerns me greatly since i own the exact same TV you do. And although I got a warranty on it, i don't want to go through the hassle of having to return it. What a f***ing nightmare
i can't imagine this crap happening to me i love this TV. And yes we will both always have to worry burn in. As long we're your careful though, it shouldn't happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.