Samsung "Game Mode" - Auto Switch? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm having a bit of an annoying problem on my PN50C7000 (and I assume it's the same for all current Samsung models). I have a receiver (Denon AVR-1911) with a PS3, Wii, and a Dish box connected to it. The input lag on the TV is pretty bad, so Game Mode is a requirement for the Wii and PS3. However, I don't want it enabled on the Dish. The problem I'm having is that since I'm using a receiver to handle everything, the receiver just has one HDMI-out cable going to HDMI1 on the TV, so it basically thinks HDMI1 is one single source. Is there a way to get the TV to detect which input the receiver switches to? If not, is there a quick button to push to switch it back and forth so I don't have to go deep in the menu to switch it each time? I'm sure other people have had this problem, especially on this TV with its terrible input lag... please help! Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
The best way to do this is to bypass the reciever for video and hook the consoles up to the TV directly then send the audio only to the reciever. Since the PS3 doesn't output uncompressed audio, you won't miss anything.

Samsung PN50C7000
Yamaha RX-V775WA
BIC Venturi DV64 Towers
BIC Venturi DV62 CLRs Center

Still building but sounds amazing so far
post #3 of 6 Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobrew View Post

The best way to do this is to bypass the reciever for video and hook the consoles up to the TV directly then send the audio only to the reciever. Since the PS3 doesn't output uncompressed audio, you won't miss anything.

Gah, the whole point of getting the receiver was to hook everything up to one input. There's GOT to be a way to have it automatically adjust or something. I mean, my setup isn't uncommon, right? Thanks anyway for the advice though - it'll be my fall back option (that I hope I don't have to use).
post #4 of 6 Old 12-30-2010, 09:58 PM

Liked: 10
Nope. My Onkyo 608 receiver has 5 HDMI inputs.

I have my DirectTV and my Apple TV going HDMI into the receiver, then into the TV.

My PS3 and 360 go directly into my TV with HDMI and I have optical audio wires going from them to my receiver.

Game mode is a must due to input lag. Also having the 3 different things going into 3 separate HDMI inputs in my TV helps with all settings since the PS3 tends to be a little darker and I have a while different set of calibration numbers depending on which console is hooked up or if I want to watch DirecTV.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-30-2013, 07:10 AM

Liked: 11
I know this is an old thread but came I across it and wanted to add input (no pun intended) for others. A way around this issue is to use a powered HDMI splitter-- split the signal from your console to the receiver and a second input on the TV. Most TVs will hold the game mode setting per input and it's much easier to switch the input then it is to turn game mode on and off every time.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-31-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax53 View Post

I know this is an old thread but came I across it and wanted to add input (no pun intended) for others. A way around this issue is to use a powered HDMI splitter-- split the signal from your console to the receiver and a second input on the TV. Most TVs will hold the game mode setting per input and it's much easier to switch the input then it is to turn game mode on and off every time.

i'm doing almost this as well. i have a powered 4x1 hdmi splitter to send signal from my receiver to 3 displays(plasma, projector, bathroom). i used the 4th unused output and hooked up a second one to the tv. i have HDMI1 adjusted for movies, tv, etc, and HDMI2 adjusted for gaming. harmony simply changes inputs for me.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c7000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black , Denon Avr 1911 Receiver , Onkyo Tx Sr608 Receiver
Gear in this thread - Sr608 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page