Authorized Panasonic Dealer's exist now? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-02-2011, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've searched through this site for discussions related to Panasonic Authorized Dealers and found that the overwhelming consensus is that Panasonic does not have authorized dealers.

In the last week or so, however, I noticed something interesting on Panasonic's web site. If you go to "SHOP HOME > TELEVISIONS > ALL VIERA® FLAT-PANEL HDTVS > TC-P65VT25" and click on the "See what amazing looks like Click here for retail locations" link, you get a list of dealers with the words "Please visit an Authorized Panasonic Dealer."

I've been very frustrated searching for the TCP65VT25 and just when I finally find a dealer (Cleveland Plasma) that says they have it in stock, this happens.

I've also seen posts on this site that indicate this particular model has been discontinued.

At this point, I'm about ready to give up on this set and go with the Samsung PN63C8000, which is available all over the place.

I realize CES2011 is this week, but after searching on-and-off for a new set since September, I don't really want to wait another few months for the new models to hit the shelves.

I would greatly appreciate any information or advice.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-02-2011, 05:32 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Any legitimate retailer that sells Panasonic TVs is "authorized". There is nothing to worry about.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR605, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #3 of 3 Old 01-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregh76 View Post

I've searched through this site for discussions related to Panasonic Authorized Dealers and found that the overwhelming consensus is that Panasonic does not have authorized dealers.

In the last week or so, however, I noticed something interesting on Panasonic's web site. If you go to "SHOP HOME > TELEVISIONS > ALL VIERA® FLAT-PANEL HDTVS > TC-P65VT25" and click on the "See what amazing looks like Click here for retail locations" link, you get a list of dealers with the words "Please visit an Authorized Panasonic Dealer."

I've been very frustrated searching for the TCP65VT25 and just when I finally find a dealer (Cleveland Plasma) that says they have it in stock, this happens.

I've also seen posts on this site that indicate this particular model has been discontinued.

At this point, I'm about ready to give up on this set and go with the Samsung PN63C8000, which is available all over the place.

I realize CES2011 is this week, but after searching on-and-off for a new set since September, I don't really want to wait another few months for the new models to hit the shelves.

I would greatly appreciate any information or advice.

Thanks!

I've posted this before but for anyone who hasn't seen it...
Unlike some manufacturers, Panasonic sells both directly to retailers and to distributors - who then sell to retailers. Naturally the larger retailers tend to buy direct but even those with direct accounts may sometimes buy from a distributor for various reasons. When Panasonic’s website lists ‘authorized dealers’ it’s a list of their direct retailers, only because they don’t know the names of the ones who buy through distributors. Those secondary retailers are just as authorized to sell the product, even though you won't find them in the list on Panasonic's website.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page