Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 View Post

I'll definitely check out those settings tonight or tomorrow. I guess the main thing is crisper whites with those settings.

I'm noticing some trailing phosphor in Call of Duty on PS3 - not sure if it's with any setting or my tweaked Game Mode settings. Watch the white skulls that show up when your team-mates die. When you see one, pan the camera left and right you will see the phosphor trail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrothermia View Post

What TV preset settings would you guys recommend for only gaming/low input lag? I'm just using default THX now

Check the advanced options menu (or whatever it's called) and turn off the optional processing features such as: Noise Reduction, Dynamic Contrast, Intelligent Color, etc... This may or may not [slightly] improve performance.

If you want to go unnecessarily-hardcore, you can use a wired power cord for your Xbox controller (this reduces controller lag by 8 or 12 milliseconds; I've forgotten the exact stats, it's been a long time since I read about it).
post #63 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toran0x View Post

I'm noticing some trailing phosphor in Call of Duty on PS3 - not sure if it's with any setting or my tweaked Game Mode settings. Watch the white skulls that show up when your team-mates die. When you see one, pan the camera left and right you will see the phosphor trail.

I see that too, THX Default

Will it get less noticeable in age?
post #64 of 67 Old 01-15-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid Snow View Post

Check the advanced options menu (or whatever it's called) and turn off the optional processing features such as: Noise Reduction, Dynamic Contrast, Intelligent Color, etc... This may or may not [slightly] improve performance.

If you want to go unnecessarily-hardcore, you can use a wired power cord for your Xbox controller (this reduces controller lag by 8 or 12 milliseconds; I've forgotten the exact stats, it's been a long time since I read about it).

The phosphor lag was there from the beginning, but now that you're working to improve the picture (and are thus more tentative to it) you'll start to notice these flaws. ...Don't worry they are evident on every Plasma to some degree, I even see it on 500M.

If i use the play and charge kit for the wireless controller, will it be faster?
post #65 of 67 Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I see that too, THX Default

Will it get less noticeable in age?

I currently have Color Management and Noise Reduction on, I think. Will disable those and let you guys know if it helped.
post #66 of 67 Old 01-16-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:

I'm noticing some trailing phosphor in Call of Duty on PS3.

The phosphor lag was there from the beginning, but now that you're working to improve the picture (and are thus more tentative to it) you'll start to notice these flaws. ...Don't worry they are evident on every Plasma to some degree, I even see it on my Pioneer 500M.

Quote:

I currently have Color Management and Noise Reduction on. I will disable those and let you guys know if there's less phosphor lag.

You cannot prevent phosphor lag. It's a normal side-effect of Plasma technology.

Quote:

If i use the play and charge kit for the wireless controller, will it be faster?

Yes, but as I mentioned, the 8 to 12ms is basically next to nothing (its less than 1fps I believe). Plus Microsoft has in place a crazy amount of counter-lag measures to help negate noticeable lag. It is by no means necessary to use the plug & play cord.
post #67 of 67 Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM

Where is the 'Custom' Mode on european g20 model?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page