Comcast Volume Control not working? Is there a setting on the TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a setting on the Tv that needs to be changed?

Not using a reciever, just one HDMI cable from HD/DVR box to the back of the TV into the HDMI 1.

Tv Model 54G20

Or do I have a bad remote controller?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboLNT5265 View Post

Is there a setting on the Tv that needs to be changed?

Changed to what?

Quote:

HD/DVR box to the back of the TV into the HDMI 1.

Tv Model 54G20

Or do I have a bad remote controller?

What the heck are you babbling on about? Tell us exactly what is or is not happening with your setup before asking the questions

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Comcast HD/DVR Remote Volume button is not adjusting the volume up or down, only way I can change the volume is using the original remote that came with the Tv.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 05:28 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quote:

Comcast HD/DVR Remote Volume button is not adjusting the volume up or down, only way I can change the volume is using the original remote that came with the Tv.

Ah, that's better. So you are getting sound to the TV, but the Comcast DVR remote doe not control the Panasonic's volume.

There are one or two things you'll need to do.

1. Have you programmed the Comcast remote to control a Panasonic TV? If so, can you turn the TV on and off using the Comcast remote? If not, you need to program it for a Panasonic TV. The Panasonic TV code is usually 0250.

2. If the Comcast remote still does not control the Panasonic's volume, then you have to re-configure the Comcast remote's Volume Lock/Volume Unlock function. Usually the default on their remote is set to control the DVR's volume, so if you want to control the TV's volume then you have to program it to do so.

These procedures are detailed in the user manual for your Comcast remote. If you don't have the manual, you can download it from Comcast's website.

If you need more help on the Comcast remote, you have to tell us which one you have. They have different ones in different areas, but the most common one around here is the silver 3-Device On Demand remote.

And tell us what brand and model your Comcast DVR is.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #5 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Ah, that's better. So you are getting sound to the TV, but the Comcast DVR remote doe not control the Panasonic's volume.

There are one or two things you'll need to do.

1. Have you programmed the Comcast remote to control a Panasonic TV? If so, can you turn the TV on and off using the Comcast remote?YesDid not program it it though the On Off just worked by itself, Volume buttton doesn't work though. If not, you need to program it for a Panasonic TV. The Panasonic TV code is usually 0250.

2. If the Comcast remote still does not control the Panasonic's volume, then you have to re-configure the Comcast remote's Volume Lock/Volume Unlock function. Usually the default on their remote is set to control the DVR's volume, so if you want to control the TV's volume then you have to program it to do so.

These procedures are detailed in the user manual for your Comcast remote.No manual, just went today to the Comcast office and picked up HD/DVR Box, they just hand you a piece of paper showing you how to hook it up and then a phone number to activate the box, that is it. If you don't have the manual, you can download it from Comcast's website.

If you need more help on the Comcast remote, you have to tell us which one you have. They have different ones in different areas, but the most common one around here is the silver 3-Device On Demand remote. It is silver, no real model number on it or anything. Only place I see the word Lock on the remote (is above the letter A button).And tell us what brand and model your Comcast DVR is. Xfinity RNG200

Let me know if you need more info please.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quote:

Let me know if you need more info please.

Well then post the link to your Comcast provider's website and/or a link to the remote you have, and also tell us your zip code too.

Or, just poke around their website and look for tutorials or instructions on how to program your particular remote. On the silver remote they use here in So Cal, the Volume Unlock feature is programmed by pressing a few keys and then a 3-digit code (usually 993) and then a few more keys. I've done this on a few installs but it's been a while since i've done a Comcast remote.

Randy

Gallery -
post #7 of 7 Old 01-16-2011, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Ok I did the unlocking thing and used the 993 code.

Now the bars(volume) show up on the Tv. You can see them get higher and lower when I push the Volume+ and Volume- button but the sound does nothing on the set. It doesn't change at all.

Still have to go back to the Tv's original remote to adjust the sound levels

Zipcode I live in is 08088

http://www.comcast.com/corporate/cus...t/remotes.html

This is the one I have with the Red Ok Button.

http://www.comcast.com/MediaLibrary/...e_M1067BX3.pdf
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page