Help: Which bolt (size, where to buy) for mounting wall bracket to Pioneer Kuro? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-21-2011, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hi I recently purchased used KPR 600M and Pro 950FD and am now planning to wall mount both. Sorry if the info has been posted, but I couldn't find through search.

1. What bolt (size and length) should I use to attach the wall bracket to the back of the Pioneer plasma please? I assume same size for all Kuro's?

2. Where to buy them? Home Depot type stores or are there nicer bolts made specifically for these plasma that I could get from a dealer?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Can
Theta: Stunning 3D soundstage, sublime details, unlimited dynamics and low end response - THE processor for audiophiles! My system & CBIII HD review & setup help - Post # 3913 & 3914
Give vinyl and tube gears a try - the sound from heaven :-).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
.. my 1150hd manual, which is similar to 950 states M8 screw. Unsure how corrolates to standard screw, but was included in mount kit (Peerless).

note: actually, model 950 is pictured in my *.pdf manual (download).

add: probably available from HD, Lowe's or Ace Hardware.

from manual:

Caution
• Be sure to use four or more mounting holes symmetrical to the vertical and horizontal median lines.
• Use M8 screws, which go 12 mm to 18 mm (0.5 inches to 0.7 inches) in depth from the mounting surface of the plasma display. See
the side view above.
• Be careful not to block the ventilation opening at the rear of the plasma display.
• Be sure to install the plasma display on a flat surface because it contains glass.
• The screw holes other than the above are to be used only for the specified products. Never use them for mounting non-specified
products.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-21-2011, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Thanks for the helpful reply. I did not realize wall mount kits could/would include bolts/screws.

I was looking at Peerless ST670 as recommended by a few here but I don't need the tilt function so probably will get SF660. http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...s.aspx/av/6138
Which kit do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son View Post

.. my 1150hd manual, which is similar to 950 states M8 screw. Unsure how corrolates to standard screw, but was included in mount kit (Peerless).

note: actually, model 950 is pictured in my *.pdf manual (download).

add: probably available from HD, Lowe's or Ace Hardware.

from manual:

Caution
• Be sure to use four or more mounting holes symmetrical to the vertical and horizontal median lines.
• Use M8 screws, which go 12 mm to 18 mm (0.5 inches to 0.7 inches) in depth from the mounting surface of the plasma display. See
the side view above.
• Be careful not to block the ventilation opening at the rear of the plasma display.
• Be sure to install the plasma display on a flat surface because it contains glass.
• The screw holes other than the above are to be used only for the specified products. Never use them for mounting non-specified
products.

Regards, Can
Theta: Stunning 3D soundstage, sublime details, unlimited dynamics and low end response - THE processor for audiophiles! My system & CBIII HD review & setup help - Post # 3913 & 3914
Give vinyl and tube gears a try - the sound from heaven :-).
post #4 of 4 Old 01-21-2011, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
.. i'm using the St6*0; would suggest if using the flat-mount, you might look at getting some Ultra HDMI L-shape adapters .. very useful when fitting HDMI cables, given the space from the wall.

*correction: checked box on extra mount I bought; its the ST660. From recall, believe the ST670 adds extra bracket for attachment to 3rd stud on Flat Panels
up to 65". Other mounts to consider are from Sanus & Promounts, but have been satisfied w/ quality of the Peerless.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page