Competitive Gamer Looking for a nice Gaming TV - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 02-09-2011, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just ordered the Asus VG236H. Looks like an all around beast. Might still pick up my buddies Panasonic too though, just to have a big TV in the place. But for gaming I think the Asus is gonna do the trick. Thanks for all the help guys, and I'll make a post once I get to try the beast out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastperf View Post

Read the first post in that thread (from 2007!) that mentions burn-in is almost nonexistant with proper precaution. Regardless, 2 hours of gaming will not cause burn-in.

Regardless if it was a malfunctions of the unit, Panasonic will not give you a refund. Burn-in is considered the blame of the user and is not covered under warranty.
post #33 of 35 Old 02-10-2011, 07:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 View Post

Regardless if it was a malfunctions of the unit, Panasonic will not give you a refund. Burn-in is considered the blame of the user and is not covered under warranty.

That's why it's best to buy from a retailer that has a 30 day return policy. Put the TV through enough to make sure it isn't defective before the period ends. 30 days is plenty to check for defects. Considering how few plasma buyers even know about burn-in or break-in, problems are likely to be noticed quickly. The wonderful TV logos like Cartoon Network usually do the trick. Considering how rare these defects are, it would be ridiculous to avoid plasma out of fear.
post #34 of 35 Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by idividebyzero View Post

My VT25 has no input lag but the Samsung 7000 I had before it (an exchange) had terrible input lag unless it was in game mode, which is a pain in the ass to enable and it majorly reduced picture quality so I went with the lag. Dont assume that just because its plasma that it wont have input lag, Panasonic is a safe bet but Samsung isnt since they are so feature rich which probably slows down the image processing.

All you do is put whatever connection you have your system connected to on game mode and you never have to worry about it again. Game mode makes a huge difference with input lag, though you need to calibrate it to make it look nice.

Samsung PN50C7000
Yamaha RX-V775WA
BIC Venturi DV64 Towers
BIC Venturi DV62 CLRs Center

Still building but sounds amazing so far
post #35 of 35 Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by umThatGuy View Post
Just ordered the Asus VG236H. Looks like an all around beast. Might still pick up my buddies Panasonic too though, just to have a big TV in the place. But for gaming I think the Asus is gonna do the trick. Thanks for all the help guys, and I'll make a post once I get to try the beast out.
Just got the Monitor today, and I couldn't be happier. If you're looking for size and flair this isn't your guy, but if you want performance and perfect response this is exactly what you want. As I said earlier I never played on an HDTV because they all had input lag and motion blur I couldn't handle, even on displays my friends swore had no lag, but the transition from my SD TV to my ASUS was perfect. I just can't describe how perfect this is for my setup. Can't imagine having made a better purchase. Thanks for all the advice guys.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page