Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

so no TV's ever get damaged during shipment then right?...it happens...plus who wants to deal with the hassle of a return...everything else being equal it's always best to have large items shipped from a location closer to you

I never said they were never damaged. Ive seen em torn up from the BBuy ride home, so Ohio to home is no different...

Melodramatic to say the least, but I felt the same way before I ordered my first tv online. Now, no sweat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

..plus who wants to deal with the hassle of a return...

Which is kind of the point of dealing with Cleveland, there's no return hassle. If it's broke they box it back up and take it with them. As to distance traveled, there's no correlation between distance and occurrence rate for damage. It sits on a truck for longer but that's not what causes damage.
post #33 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 01:05 PM

Well said.
post #34 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

It sits on a truck for longer but that's not what causes damage.

longer on the truck= more potholes, more bumps, more sudden stops etc
post #35 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 01:47 PM

They are a solid member of this forum, I would trust them.
post #36 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 01:48 PM

Order online = save money
I'm not afraid to order a TV online. I first like to see the television in person and check it out, then find the best available deal.
post #37 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I sweated out having ordered a 50" plasma via "internet" due to the shipping, but based on my experience with Cleveand I would never hesitate again. The packaging was doubled/boxed, and they must have THEE best guys transporting as the OUTER box did not even have a scratch on it, muchless the inner box. The guy brought the unit INTO my house and waited while I plugged it in to verify it was "OK."

The price was excellent (though there were a few out there on the internet that beat it by a little...very little). Nope, I would go back with Cleveland Plasma and WILL go back there again.
post #38 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Great input, hope he gets those 8000's in soon
post #39 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I've never ordered from CP but would not have a problem doing so.I only buy things that big or that costly after checking the place out very well.But things can happen in transit and that's when you really find out what kind of company you purchased from.
I just purchased a Panasonic 65S2 from OneCall and would have no problem doing it again it came strapped to a pallet with shock labels and the freight company had it installed in a special area where nothing could come in contact with it not even a scratch.Of course now I may sell it to preorder the Panasonic 65VT30 from CP.
post #40 of 47 Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 AM

Liked: 26
i wanted to revive this old thread and share my buying experience with Cleveland Plasma. I first heard about Cleveland Plasma through this forum. After reading this thread and seeing Cleveland Plasma's posts on this site, i thought i would give them a call and see what they can do for me. I saw on their site they are available 365 a year with outrageous advertised hours...Let me tell you, these guys don't lie. I called them a couple times outside "normal" 9-5 business hours and the phone was answered time and time again. This is very unique. They gave me a ma & pop shop-type of experience with 1-800 cell center hours...something i have never experienced before. The price was better than ANY other reputable seller on the net. i went with Cleveland Plasma with my purchase and did not regret it ONE MINUTE. Chris at Cleveland Plasma is a consumate professional who really does go ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure he is giving his customers the best products, prices and most of all service. The price was the best around, but what impressed me the most was Chris's service and how he really looked out for me, doing EVERYTHING possible to make sure i was completely happy with my purchase through Cleveland plasma. Thank you Chris for puttin up with me...as at times, i can be a pain-in-the ass. I greatly appreciate the products and exceptional service you provide. If i had to star grade Cleland Plasma, i would without hesitation give them 5 out of 5 stars.

If anyone is on the fence and thinking about purchasing a TV, I strongly and sincerely suggest contacting Cleveland Plasma.

Sincerely,

Eddie Arkadian
wink.gif
post #41 of 47 Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 PM

Just bought a 55vt60 from Chris. Arrived in the specified time, and the delivery was first rate, He also spent time on the phone and answered all my questions.

Smokinjoe
post #42 of 47 Old 09-16-2013, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Bought a TV from Chris that was supposed to be delivered today. Received hands down the worst customer experience from the shipping company i have ever received. Immediately contacted chris and he was on the ball taking care of it. Cleveland Plasmas has some of the best customer service i've ever had alongside oppo. From worst to best in a day. I highly recommend chris and cleveland's Plasmas to anyone looking to buy a TV from them. They are good people. Reliable and great prices. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

The Theater:
TV : Panasonic 60VT60
Receiver : Pioneer Elite SC - 55
Power Center : Panamax M7500 Pro
Bluray : Oppo 103
Gaming : Xbox 360
Front L & R : Def Tech BP8080ST
Center : Def Tech CS8080HD
Surround L & R : BPVX
post #43 of 47 Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

so no TV's ever get damaged during shipment then right?...it happens...plus who wants to deal with the hassle of a return...everything else being equal it's always best to have large items shipped from a location closer to you...if you think every carrier treats all their merchandise with delicate hands then you're mistaken

He is correct though. The TC probably came from South Korea. So a trip halfway around the world and then a few more miles isn't going to make much of a difference, especially if you check the TV during the first 24 hours as Chris tells you, so they can arrange a replacement and return of the broken one.

post #44 of 47 Old 03-04-2014, 07:14 PM

Just want to share that I had a great experience with Cleveland Plasma last week. After much research for a new TV, I then had to find a reputable online seller. Again, looked to members and at consumer rating sites.
After comparison shopping for both price and customer service, I decided to buy from Cleveland Plasma. I contacted Chris via email last Tuesday for a price quote on a Samsung PN64F8500. Within 3 hours, Chris replied with a great price. I phoned him to close the deal. He was upfront and to the point. Gave me the facts of what I needed to know regarding price, shipping and options. ZERO pressure. As we were speaking on the phone, I received my receipt/invoice from Chris. 24 hrs later I received my tracking number and the wait began. I checked tracking Sunday night and noticed the tv was in transit. Sure enough, I get a call yesterday (3/3) to inform me that my TV had arrived one day early.
It was delivered today. Box was in pristine condition. Driver was very cooperative and helpful with inspection of both outside and inside contents. Needless to say, I'm a very happy camper.
I'm not posting the price Chris quoted me, as his prices fluctuate since he has several sources he gets TV's from. I'll just say the price was in ECTC territory.
I highly recommend Chris at Cleveland Plasma. Primarily for his excellent customer service and VERY competitive prices. I saved about $700.
Thank you, Cleveland Plasma. Keep up the good work!
post #45 of 47 Old 04-24-2014, 09:39 PM

I just bought a Samsung UN55F8000 from Cleveland Plasma a couple of weeks ago. It hasn't been exactly smooth sailing, but Chris has been great in trying to resolve it for me.

I noticed my set didn't have the "Smart LED" option, so I dug a little deeper and found out that I had a Canadian model (UN55F8000AFXZC) instead of the U.S. model (UN55F8000BFXZA). Chris is in Cleveland (obviously) and I'm in California, so it made no sense. I spent some time reading forums and cobbling together info to learn that the Canadian and European models don't have the "Precision Black" feature, which is what the Smart LED option controls.

When I pointed this out to Chris, he checked with his source. Apparently Samsung made a mistake and shipped a Canadian model to his supplier. Chris has offered to take the TV back, or give me $150 off plus a 5 year warranty.

It really sucks that I have to deal with this problem, but Chris has been attentive and straightforward and seems to be genuinely trying his best to resolve the situation.

Aside from this issue, the shipping company he uses is top-notch, and the delivery guy even said he had up to 15 minutes with me while I unpacked and plugged in the TV to make sure it was working. I had no issues with shipping or condition of the TV.

Now to decide if I want to keep the set or not....

post #46 of 47 Old 04-25-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfsax View Post

I just bought a Samsung UN55F8000 from Cleveland Plasma a couple of weeks ago. It hasn't been exactly smooth sailing, but Chris has been great in trying to resolve it for me.

I noticed my set didn't have the "Smart LED" option, so I dug a little deeper and found out that I had a Canadian model (UN55F8000AFXZC) instead of the U.S. model (UN55F8000BFXZA). Chris is in Cleveland (obviously) and I'm in California, so it made no sense. I spent some time reading forums and cobbling together info to learn that the Canadian and European models don't have the "Precision Black" feature, which is what the Smart LED option controls.

When I pointed this out to Chris, he checked with his source. Apparently Samsung made a mistake and shipped a Canadian model to his supplier. Chris has offered to take the TV back, or give me $150 off plus a 5 year warranty.

It really sucks that I have to deal with this problem, but Chris has been attentive and straightforward and seems to be genuinely trying his best to resolve the situation.

Aside from this issue, the shipping company he uses is top-notch, and the delivery guy even said he had up to 15 minutes with me while I unpacked and plugged in the TV to make sure it was working. I had no issues with shipping or condition of the TV.

Now to decide if I want to keep the set or not....
I would personally swap it out for the US model but if you do decide to keep it, you might want to make sure the warranty will be good since you will have a Canadian TV in the US under a US warranty I assume.
post #47 of 47 Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM

Chris has assured me that the 5-year warranty will be good in the US, and I believe him.

With the $150 off, the final price is getting close to the advertised prices at Abe's of Maine and East Coast TVs... and I know I can't really get a TV from those places for the advertised price. And if I bought from Amazon, I'd be paying way, way more.... I'm leaning towards keeping the TV. I just need to convince myself that it's not significantly worse than the US F8000.

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page