Is Cleveland Plasma a good place to buy from? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed some good deals there, but I don't know about their costumer service and such. I am considering buying from there in a couple months. Has anyone here had any experience buying from them? I just want to make sure its a safe site before I buy anything. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHoosierdaddy View Post

Is Cleveland Plasma a good place to buy from?

Yes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 89
they have a 9.97 Lifetime rating at ResellerRatings...so yes I would most definitely trust them...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Cleveland_Plasma
post #4 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Cleveland Plasma is bad... ass

They're a well-respected shop
post #5 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 295
cleveland plasma i know that they are partner with hhgregg most of there tvs are from hhgregg but cleveland plasma will give better deals.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos play:1 for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos play 1 surrounds.
post #6 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:

I noticed some good deals there, but I don't know about their costumer service and such. I am considering buying from there in a couple months. Has anyone here had any experience buying from them? I just want to make sure its a safe site before I buy anything. Thanks.

They are. Just PM Chris here.
post #7 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM

they are GTG!!!!!
post #8 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 05:43 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Cleveland Plasma gets excellent reviews here and on other forums and ratings sites. They're also a Forum Sponsor. He goes above and beyond to take care of his customers before, during, and after the purchase.

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #9 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I bought a 60" Kuro from Chris @ Cleveland a few years ago, it arrived at my house on time but the screen was cracked (more like shattered), I called Chris while the delivery guys were still at my house and he totally took care of bussiness.

Chris had another Kuro shipped to me super fast, got it in two day's (perfect condition)

Chris went above and beyond making it a GREAT buying experience !!!!!

No other online seller would have gotten me a replacement TV that fast.

And for what its worth, a cracked screen on a panel is not the fault of any seller, even BestBuy has delivered cracked screens,,, a cracked screen is the fault of shipping.

Anyhow, bottom line,,,, Chris and Cleveland plasma,,, HIGHLY RECOMENDED !!!

Cheers
Davyo
post #10 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for all of your responses everyone. Seems like a very nice business (unlike Best Buy, never buying from them again). I will most certainly buy from them now. Again, thanks for the input.
post #11 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

Wow, thanks for all of your responses everyone. Seems like a very nice business (unlike Best Buy, never buying from them again). I will most certainly buy from them now. Again, thanks for the input.

the only thing i'll say negatively about him is watch out for his price increases lately. i've been following the c8000 vt25 and they have both shot up 300-400 overnight. he will tell you that his qty is low on those items. not sure why he needs to spike the prices up like that when this happens. i'm sure they'll sell just fine at those lower levels. i was going to buy the 58vt25 when it was x amt last week. the other issue i have is his 25% restock fee ouch...

also being a sponsor on here isn't going to cause to much bad mouthing, he is a great online retailer. i will not take that away from him, i just feel some others have better "fringe benefits".

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #12 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

cleveland plasma i know that they are partner with hhgregg most of there tvs are from hhgregg but cleveland plasma will give better deals.

I didn't know that CP was a partner of hhgregg...interesting info
post #13 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Advanced Member

Isn't discussing places to buy tv's from against forum rules?
post #14 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 View Post

Nope,,, but quoting prices that TV's are selling for at places is against the rules.

Cheers
Davyo
post #15 of 47 Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post

the only thing i'll say negatively about him is watch out for his price increases lately. i've been following the c8000 vt25 and they have both shot up 300-400 overnight. he will tell you that his qty is low on those items. not sure why he needs to spike the prices up like that when this happens. i'm sure they'll sell just fine at those lower levels. i was going to buy the 58vt25 when it was x amt last week. the other issue i have is his 25% restock fee ouch...

also being a sponsor on here isn't going to cause to much bad mouthing, he is a great online retailer. i will not take that away from him, i just feel some others have better "fringe benefits".

i return a tv from him he never charge me anything for restock he said forget about that. one time he price match the price not even that but he lower the price more i know for sure if you talk to him he can work it out the price and give you the best that he can the prices that he have online are way diferent of what he can give you if you talk to him.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos play:1 for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos play 1 surrounds.
post #16 of 47 Old 02-08-2011, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 View Post

Also not an issue because he is a forum sponsor.
post #17 of 47 Old 02-08-2011, 07:41 AM

My dad tried to order from CP (Sony LCD) and was put on a waiting list and was NEVER notified of anything except that he was on a list. To date, over a year later, he's never heard anything. He ended up buying from someone else.
post #18 of 47 Old 02-08-2011, 11:32 AM
QZ1
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the only thing i'll say negatively about him is watch out for his price increases lately. i've been following the c8000 vt25 and they have both shot up 300-400 overnight. he will tell you that his qty is low on those items. not sure why he needs to spike the prices up like that when this happens. i'm sure they'll sell just fine at those lower levels.

Lately, several excellent retailers have been raising prices on these TVs; sometimes, quite a bit; I just checked one today; I didn't get to the others. They have typically been raised on the same day or within a day; I heard it is due to 'manufacturer incentives'; but, now it could be 'supply and demand' or both factors.
post #19 of 47 Old 02-10-2011, 09:27 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by QZ1 View Post

Lately, several excellent retailers have been raising prices on these TVs; sometimes, quite a bit; I just checked one today; I didn't get to the others. They have typically been raised on the same day or within a day; I heard it is due to 'manufacturer incentives'; but, now it could be 'supply and demand' or both factors.

The falling value of the US dollar has probably not been helping either.
post #20 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 08:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 609
Quote:

We have about 10 networks to buy from. We buy from the person with the best price and best service. The VT25 and 8000 are hot. Sold out from the cheaper vender, now I have to buy from the more expensive guy. Now, depending on the size, they are gone forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvshopper View Post

My dad tried to order from CP (Sony LCD) and was put on a waiting list and was NEVER notified of anything except that he was on a list. To date, over a year later, he's never heard anything. He ended up buying from someone else.

We are not perfect for sure We hate no selling TV's, not sure what happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

I didn't know that CP was a partner of hhgregg...interesting info

I wish we where....

Side note: some may know that we have been testing and calibrating televions of all kinds. Chad B and I will be continuing this in the coming year. We are also going to go into audio gear and projectors Chad was here last night and from what he says he recorded the loudest speaker system he has recorded to date, at I think 113 Decibles.

In this thread >>> Click Here and scroll down. We will soon have a review on Red Dragon Mono Blocks.

In this thread >>> Click Here and scroll down. We will be adding speaker reviews to Swan's new line up.

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #21 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Only thing I seen wrong is shipping cost is high, most places have free S&H. Final price is what matters though.
post #22 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by StvRbrsn View Post

Only thing I seen wrong is shipping cost is high, most places have free S&H. Final price is what matters though.

You might also wish to consider the cost of "free" shipping, such as cracked panels and shippers who won't help move the panel inside and fire it up to see that it's working. Chris' shipping costs are extremely reasonable and it's top-flight shipping service. The delivery person is not allowed to leave till the panel is confirmed intact and working.
post #23 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

You might also wish to consider the cost of "free" shipping, such as cracked panels and shippers who won't help move the panel inside and fire it up to see that it's working. Chris' shipping costs are extremely reasonable and it's top-flight shipping service. The delivery person is not allowed to leave till the panel is confirmed intact and working.

That would make it worth it then. Had free in home, but never setup.
post #24 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Cleveland Plasma is a greatplace to buy from if i lived closer i would buy from him
post #25 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 10:14 AM

What does distance matter? He ships to you.
post #26 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
DAB
AVS Special Member

why is thread still going? YES, they are a great company to purchase from. Do it and you will be happy........
post #27 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 AM

I guess you always buy off one recommendation only?

The longer the thread, the better it is for Cleveland and potential customers. Input is good.
post #28 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What does distance matter? He ships to you.

less distance= less chance of any potential damage during transit
post #29 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

less distance= less chance of any potential damage during transit

Man, you guys afraid to get in the car too

How do you think it got to the US in the first place? Boxes have shock sensors and such, and if its DOA, you get another.
post #30 of 47 Old 02-12-2011, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How do you think it got to the US in the first place? Boxes have shock sensors and such, and if its DOA, you get another.

so no TV's ever get damaged during shipment then right?...it happens...plus who wants to deal with the hassle of a return...everything else being equal it's always best to have large items shipped from a location closer to you...if you think every carrier treats all their merchandise with delicate hands then you're mistaken
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page