Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxST30 Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 191 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #5701 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just received my 50ST30 from Amazon and it has an April Build Date and the Serial Number is LJ1109. Any chances that I have the new A-board??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 23
With a April build date, not likely.
post #5703 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
call panny and get the FBr fixed its like a new tv when its done. it only takes 20 mins
post #5704 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 AM

On hold as we speak!!
post #5705 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_622 View Post

On hold as we speak!!

When I did it, they forced me to update the firmware before they would schedule a service visit. Can probably save yourself an extra phone call by doing that beforehand.
I was going to just lie about having the latest firmware if they asked, but he had me to go the about page and tell him the version number which caught me off guard :P
post #5706 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artondrius View Post

When I did it, they forced me to update the firmware before they would schedule a service visit. Can probably save yourself an extra phone call by doing that beforehand.
I was going to just lie about having the latest firmware if they asked, but he had me to go the about page and tell him the version number which caught me off guard :P

Exactly what he just told me ... TV is still freezing cold though ... I'll try it out later tonight!!
post #5707 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbuzz View Post

I ordered my 42st30 on Oct 2rd, and I received an April built.

And I ordered mine on 11/25.
post #5708 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can anyone here quickly walk me through what I need to do to get the break in color slides running non-stop on the TV (beyond downloading them). Do you use a USB drive with some loop feature or something? Much appreciated. Thanks.
post #5709 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 11:14 AM

You guys are all talking about HD channel. Anyone has any color settings for regular channel not HD. I tried those setting on regular channel and it's not to bad but I'm wondering if anyone has better settings. Thanks
post #5710 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 AM

I also have HDMI cables that goes from my pvr to my plasma. Thanks
post #5711 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post

Can anyone here quickly walk me through what I need to do to get the break in color slides running non-stop on the TV (beyond downloading them). Do you use a USB drive with some loop feature or something? Much appreciated. Thanks.

1. Put the slides on a USB drive (or SD card)
2. Press Viera Tools on the remote, then go to media player
3. Select Photos, press the red button to bring up the slideshow options
4. Set all of the slideshow settings as shown below, then start it
Frame: Off
Photo Effect: Off
Transition Effect: Off
Photo Size: Normal
Burst Playback: Off
Display Interval: Slow
Repeat Playback: On

5. If you're planning to use the D-nice settings, make sure all the settings match with what he listed, then just start the slideshow.
post #5712 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

1. Put the slides on a USB drive (or SD card)
2. Press Viera Tools on the remote, then go to media player
3. Select Photos, press the red button to bring up the slideshow options
4. Set all of the slideshow settings as shown below, then start it
Frame: Off
Photo Effect: Off
Transition Effect: Off
Photo Size: Normal
Burst Playback: Off
Display Interval: Slow
Repeat Playback: On

5. If you're planning to use the D-nice settings, make sure all the settings match with what he listed, then just start the slideshow.

Awesome - thank you very much!
post #5713 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Ordered the 60" ST30 from Amazon on 11/28 and received today. It's a May build, argh!!! Still though, everything looks good so far. A few quick observations:

- No screws included for mounting brackets! Huh?!? I lucked out and managed to find an extra set laying around the house but still... all my other tv's came with the mounting screws.

- No clouding whatsoever on the screen. This blows me away since I went through 4 Sharp 810UN Quattrons before this ST30 and they *all* had clouding issues. Guess that's just an LCD issue?

- Pretty sure I already noticed some FBr'ing. No problem though if Sharp sends someone over to fix it. Don't see any green blobs or buzzing either but I still have to run some slide tests to make sure.

I think this set is going to be a keeper though. Very impressed with the non-cloudy screen. That drove me crazy with my Sharps.
post #5714 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM

is anyone experiencing any buzzing going on with their sets? mine buzzes like crazy.
post #5715 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgsx View Post

is anyone experiencing any buzzing going on with their sets? mine buzzes like crazy.

I'm still running slides but yes, during the white through grey slides the buzzing gets louder, but during normal viewing with the volume up you shouldn't be hearing it.

Also I've had the worst luck with April builds, one with a dead pixel, other with blobs, other with bad motion and all with FBr. Just a heads up.
post #5716 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone got something in from amazon shipped out of phoenix lately? Wondering what build you go if yes
post #5717 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 02:39 PM

Just got mine today, through Amazon. It is a May Build. Just set it up over lunch and didn't notice any issues, looks great. I do have some questions though.

1. If I hook it up to the internet, can I DL the latest firmware?

2.Should I just call Panny now for the new a board fbr issue, even if i haven't noticed it yet.

3.I got the burn in slides, but no matter what I do I get blank error slides in between all the colored slides. The thumbs have exclamation marks and they are titled with a "._'previous slide name'.jpg"(sort of like a hidden file name). I have tried usb and sd card. i have reformatted both, to mac os, and to ms-dos fat. I have tried just only copying each slide over individually. I even enabled my mac to show hidden files, and there are no hidden files in the directory. On another forum some one said they formatted the sd card on their pc(they were using mac before) and this fixed the issue. I do not have a pc though. Seems like such a simple issue, but nothing is working.

4.My previous panny had composite audio out. But this doesn't. I have a 7.1 surround sound headphone receiver. On my previous tv I was using the composite out of the tv for wii and tv audio to the headset receiver. Now for this tv, if I hook up my wii through component, my 360 and ps3 through hdmi, and then the optical out of the tv to my surround sound receiver, will all the surround sound and stereo sound pass through the tv into the receiver? I had heard before that this was not possible with my previous tv (th-pz42700u)

5.What should the ps3 image settings be set to? RGB full or limited? HDMI super white on or off?

Thanks!
post #5718 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 02:43 PM

My worst fears have been realized. Put the 55st30 on the stand last night and let it sit 24hrs to warm up from it's cold trip.

Just plugged it in and hit the power button. Just a very loud buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with no pic whatsoever. Go figure.

Now, should I call Panasonic or Amazon? I'm leaning towards Panasonic. Mainly because they'll come here to fix it, but there goes my 30 day return to Amazon.

Suggestions?
post #5719 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Anyone got something in from amazon shipped out of phoenix lately? Wondering what build you go if yes

yep, from Amazon, ordered during black friday week, shipped from Phoenix. Got a May Build today.
post #5720 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marken View Post

My worst fears have been realized. Put the 55st30 on the stand last night and let it sit 24hrs to warm up from it's cold trip.

Just plugged it in and hit the power button. Just a very loud buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with no pic whatsoever. Go figure.

Now, should I call Panasonic or Amazon? I'm leaning towards Panasonic. Mainly because they'll come here to fix it, but there goes my 30 day return to Amazon.

Suggestions?

Just get a replacement from Amazon. There's no reason not to, their great return policy is one of the best qualities of Amazon. Dealing with Panasonic will be a lot more trouble.
They'll give you free return shipping, and sometimes they'll send out the replacement even before they pick up the old one.
post #5721 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majik13 View Post

yep, from Amazon, ordered during black friday week, shipped from Phoenix. Got a May Build today.

Was the FBr fix flashed onto the hardware? How does everything else look (green blobs, pink on the edges, etc etc with all the other reported problems)?
post #5722 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:

Was the FBr fix flashed onto the hardware? How does everything else look (green blobs, pink on the edges, etc etc with all the other reported problems)?

well as I said in my first post, just a couple post above, i haven't really used the tv too much, just set it up over lunch, and then went back to work. I am not even sure what the "FBr fix flashed onto the hardware" means. I heard there is a firmware update, or something but I dont even know where to find that right now. otherwise, i though it looked good, but I barely used it, cable was on for a few mins, while I was setting things up, and then I saw the 360 and ps3 dash for a few mins, and some of the tv menus. I was pretty sunny in the room too, but I didnt notice anything off hand, but I wasn't really looking. I will have better notes later though.
post #5723 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
when i had my A borad done it all ready had the new fw 2700 or what ever it is all ready on it so i did not need to redown load but yeah you can tell panny i have the new fw and they wont even know.. its not a fw problem though the chip is corrupt.
theysend back the old a board and they fix it and then they send them out again
post #5724 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 View Post

when i had my A borad done it all ready had the new fw 2700 or what ever it is all ready on it so i did not need to redown load but yeah you can tell panny i have the new fw and they wont even know.. its not a fw problem though the chip is corrupt.
theysend back the old a board and they fix it and then they send them out again

how long does it take them to fix it once you call? do they take the tv, or fix at your house? and all st30 a board are defective prior to august builds?
post #5725 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:

Just get a replacement from Amazon. There's no reason not to, their great return policy is one of the best qualities of Amazon. Dealing with Panasonic will be a lot more trouble.
They'll give you free return shipping, and sometimes they'll send out the replacement even before they pick up the old one.

That's what I need to do. I tried plugging it in again and the same thing happened. This time I got down on the floor to hear where the buzz was coming from and I could see the screen has a significant crack in it.

Could it be because it spent 12 hours bouncing around in a truck in 30 degree weather...................nah!
post #5726 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Played around with my new ST30 (May build) a bit more and I noticed a very strange thing when I'm watching tv via my Comcast DVR box. Sometimes I'm getting bright, chunky, white static snow all over the screen. Doesn't matter if I'm watching shows recorded off DVR or if live TV is paused. I'll turn on my tv and it'll be fine for the first second, then there will be a quick flicker, then the snow shows up. Looks like I can get rid of it by going into VieraCast + exiting but it's annoying that I to have to do this every time it shows up.

The snow isn't visible when I have the PS3 or 360 on. Seems to just be a cable thing but it was never a problem with my other tv's.

And I also hear a buzzing from the tv. At first I thought it was my DVR box but I unplugged it and still heard the buzz, so it must be the tv. Does the A board replacement fix this?
post #5727 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Whelp I decided to have Panny come out and deal with the buzzing of my October 2011 built 60ST30. I could risk returning it to Amazon, but with the hit and miss of build dates on TVs from them, I figured I'd be better off sticking with my set. It has a fantastic picture and no issues other than the louder than "normal" plasma buzzing.

I know plasmas tend to buzz a bit by their nature, but this one is abnormally loud as compared to my 09 54G10, which is very quiet. I thought I could deal with it, but the buzzing really does ruin quiet scenes in movies. And I sit 8 feet away.

They will be here Tuesday and I will report back if with how it turns out!

wish me luck!
post #5728 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 05:35 PM

So I just got my 50ST30 and the EEPROM Version shows as 52.5 ... can anyone tell me if I have the software update that fixes the Fbr issues??
post #5729 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q7haeGe1 View Post

I think there are going to be quite a few people "disappointed" by the outcome. Based on what you have said, I personally don't think they should be. But there were quite a few that thought that since the ST/GT/VT all share the same panel. The ST will be better than the current VT. And "VERY LOW" black levels.

Regardless, does sound like a great TV for the money.

Now need to decide what to suggest to a friend of mine. Either get a GT25 for a very good price, or spend a bit more for the ST..... hmmmm

In response to your first paragraph... you begin to develop a direction or a statement, but it winds up sounding unfinished. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to say?
post #5730 of 8443 Old 12-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Just opened my 60ST30. May Build. Going to run some slides, make sure nothing is majorly wrong, and then call up Panasonic tomorrow for the A Board swap.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P60st30 60 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P50st30 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page