Official Samsung 2011 PNxxD8000 Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 161 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #4801 of 5101 Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kjgarrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Northwest Wisconsin
Posts: 2,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I believe it's an AVS rule in deference to the sponsors
kjgarrison is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4802 of 5101 Old 04-21-2012, 12:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

Man that's a killer deal. I'd have done it even though I don't need it. I think Fry's is more about cash flow on the emergency clearance sales, they've had their difficulties in that area from what I've read...

exactly...I wasn't even looking for a new TV

I got a killer deal of just a little more than I paid for the 64D8000 on a 58C8000 back in 2010...hundreds( like $600) less than BB clearance price at the time

Now this deal on the 64D8000 deal comes along at Frys....and a sale of my old 58C8000 on Craigs list means a net $0 out of pocket for the new TV

an impulsive purchase for sure...but a no brainer as well...


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is online now  
post #4803 of 5101 Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Administrator
 
Mike Lang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 11,494
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 313
All non-MSRP price talk belongs in the deals section.

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
Mike Lang is offline  
post #4804 of 5101 Old 04-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Member
 
sony1255's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
does anyone know a good isf certified calibrator in the los angeles area i need to have my pn51d8000 calibrated but i dont know where to look for a good calibrator so anyone whos had it done or knows of one please let me know...thanks
sony1255 is offline  
post #4805 of 5101 Old 04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,772
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by sony1255 View Post

does anyone know a good isf certified calibrator in the los angeles area i need to have my pn51d8000 calibrated but i dont know where to look for a good calibrator so anyone whos had it done or knows of one please let me know...thanks

Contact David Abrams. You can check reports about his work using the link in the signature area at the bottom of my post.

Look at any of the plasma reports in post number two. Don't worry about the fact that not many Samsung owners have written reports, or if they have I've missed them. It's hard to keep up with what's in all the display threads at AVS.

David lives in your area, but others like UMR and D-Nice tour there also.
htwaits is offline  
post #4806 of 5101 Old 04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Member
 
KTM250's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My D8000 is about 10 months old. Like a lot of people when I first got it I was intrigued with the 3D. That did not last long and have not used 3D in the last 8 months. Well last night because there was nothing on regular tv, I decided to see what was on Directv's 3D channels. Well when I tuned to one of the 3D channels low and behold there is a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Now what is funny is that if I go back to 2D I do not see the dead pixel. So it looks like it is something with the 3D mode. Anyone have an idea?
KTM250 is offline  
post #4807 of 5101 Old 04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,772
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM250 View Post

Well when I tuned to one of the 3D channels low and behold there is a dead pixel right in the middle of the screen. Now what is funny is that if I go back to 2D I do not see the dead pixel. So it looks like it is something with the 3D mode. Anyone have an idea?

My idea is that it was a stationary flaw in the source. A pixel is a pixel no matter the number of Ds.

I applaud your loss of interest in 3D.
htwaits is offline  
post #4808 of 5101 Old 04-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Member
 
KTM250's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

My idea is that it was a stationary flaw in the source. A pixel is a pixel no matter the number of Ds.

I applaud your loss of interest in 3D.

Well I did some more looking and it is also there in 2d just really hard to see. 3d mode it looks like a white flashlight shining at u. Of course it's dead center in the screen. Now what to do. My guess is that it will get worse to the point where I will see it easily in 2d. Yep 3d is just a gimmick IMO but if I go to sell this in the future this problem could be a bigger problem
KTM250 is offline  
post #4809 of 5101 Old 04-25-2012, 02:02 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,772
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM250 View Post

Well I did some more looking and it is also there in 2d just really hard to see. 3d mode it looks like a white flashlight shining at u. Of course it's dead center in the screen. Now what to do. My guess is that it will get worse to the point where I will see it easily in 2d. Yep 3d is just a gimmick IMO but if I go to sell this in the future this problem could be a bigger problem

Normally a dead pixel is black. It sounds like your is stuck which means it's still possible to de-stick it. It's usually very hard to get a manufacturer to do anything about a dead or stuck pixel unless there are a lot of them.

We had one the first day our display was on. It was stuck on red. By the second day it was operating normally. I haven't tried to see if it ever got stuck again. That was 4.5 years ago.
htwaits is offline  
post #4810 of 5101 Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Can I ask if the CS black levels issue is fixed with the D8000?
Thanks
petetherock is online now  
post #4811 of 5101 Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Planet Dog
Posts: 4,450
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

Can I ask if the CS black levels issue is fixed with the D8000?
Thanks

It is not
zoyd is online now  
post #4812 of 5101 Old 04-29-2012, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zoyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Planet Dog
Posts: 4,450
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 314
zoyd is online now  
post #4813 of 5101 Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
agogley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,643
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoop2much View Post

No disrespect,but what's the big deal? These sets are pretty much out now with the newer models taking over. Again no disrespect.

Because:

#1) The forum has rules. If you've been on avsforum you'll know that the mods take a dim view on price talk here. They will moderate this thread if it gets too bad and that could result in it being closed. That would not be a good thing for owners.

#2) This thread is to discuss the set itself and it would be best if it didn't become a thread about the best price. That would make finding information more difficult.

#3) There is a forum for price talk here
agogley is offline  
post #4814 of 5101 Old 04-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Member
 
ipoop2much's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well good on me for not talking about price. LOL
ipoop2much is offline  
post #4815 of 5101 Old 04-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Member
 
Markymark34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So after my screen has peeled for the 2nd time I decided to push for the O-Ring fix. A HUGE thanks to agogley for helping me with much needed info. His TV was repaired using this fix a while back.

Both the peeling and new displays were the same model number S63FH-YB06. The peeling screen was manufactured 4/18/2011 while the new display was manufactured 12/3/2011. I included a couple of before and after pictures to share. The look of the displays are a little different when compared. The reflection on the new display looks a little distorted and more reflective compared to the older display.

I also included a picture of what the O-Ring looks like when in place. It's a simple fix of adding a small space in between the front bezel and the display itself.

I also was able to get some info of the product bulletin for those interested. It is dated 7/8/11 which sucks because it should've been fixed the last time Samsung sent someone to replace my display. I posted bulletin information in the Samsung Peeling Poll Thread for those interested if your TV might be affected.

Let me know if you need any additional info I could try and help out with.
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Markymark34 is offline  
post #4816 of 5101 Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Member
 
bym051d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there still a thread about the brightness popping? I've started noticing it during Game of Thrones. I looked through the first 9 pages and didn't see anything.
bym051d is offline  
post #4817 of 5101 Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
All the info and files for the popping fix can be found here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1389562
AvidHiker is offline  
post #4818 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Hi friends
Need some help with my new D8000 64"

- I can't get HDMI 1 to work, and before I call it a fault, it will detect there is a signal but keeps saying "the resolution is not supported on this TV". All other ports work with the same cables, from all sources.

- also I download FW 1021 onto a thumb drive but it doesn't see it. All other content on the drive is visible except the FW, any ideas?

Thanks

PS: I can hear a buzz from 2.8m. Is that an issue on a brand new set?
petetherock is online now  
post #4819 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

Hi friends
Need some help with my new D8000 64"

- I can't get HDMI 1 to work, and before I call it a fault, it will detect there is a signal but keeps saying "the resolution is not supported on this TV". All other ports work with the same cables, from all sources.

- also I download FW 1021 onto a thumb drive but it doesn't see it. All other content on the drive is visible except the FW, any ideas?

Thanks

PS: I can hear a buzz from 2.8m. Is that an issue on a brand new set?

Sure sounds like HDMI port 1 is faulty. I use wireless for updates, have yet to try a thumb drive so no help there.

lovinthehd is offline  
post #4820 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Yes, the problem with HDMI 1 is not something I have heard of before. Samsung support would probably have you perform a factory reset first to troubleshoot, so you might try that (hold exit for 10 seconds).

For firmware updates by USB, you must make sure you unzip the file correctly, otherwise you will end up with the data files an extra folder deep, and it won't see them. You should have a folder on the root directory of your USB drive with a name like "T-GAP8AKUC". When you open that folder, there should be a folder named "image". If instead there is another folder with the same (T-GAP...) name, it will not work. Easiest thing to do then would be to copy that folder back to your desktop, delete everything on the USB drive, then copy it back and try again.

As for buzz from ~10 feet - technically, if it is audible over the TV audio, that qualifies for a panel replacement. But resolving that with exchanges/repairs is almost like winning the lottery it seems (those of us sensitive to it have a hard time finding a reltively quiet set). I suggest you either learn to live with the noise, or return the TV.
AvidHiker is offline  
post #4821 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Newbie
 
XDMbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Greetings,

I am a newbie to avs forum. I recently updated my HT system with a Samsung PN59D8000 (old tv was a Mitzubishi 57" HD DLP projection) and a Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver with polk audio speakers.

My problem is that I am not impressed with the performance of my tv thus far. I am experiencing the following:

Display seems to get light and then dark (back and forth) but it is sometimes hard to notice.

During scenes with smoke or fog the definition looks grainy and the shades of gray displayed are sometimes separated and not blended well.

Faces of people that are not in the close up shot look dirty for some reason.

My question is - Is this normal and I am just not used to these effects since this is my first plasma or do I have a problem?

I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge. I am trying to educate myself to the world of AV and HT but have a long road ahead of me.
XDMbri is offline  
post #4822 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMbri View Post

Greetings,

I am a newbie to avs forum. I recently updated my HT system with a Samsung PN59D8000 (old tv was a Mitzubishi 57" HD DLP projection) and a Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver with polk audio speakers.

My problem is that I am not impressed with the performance of my tv thus far. I am experiencing the following:

Display seems to get light and then dark (back and forth) but it is sometimes hard to notice.

During scenes with smoke or fog the definition looks grainy and the shades of gray displayed are sometimes separated and not blended well.

Faces of people that are not in the close up shot look dirty for some reason.

My question is - Is this normal and I am just not used to these effects since this is my first plasma or do I have a problem?

I apologize for my complete lack of knowledge. I am trying to educate myself to the world of AV and HT but have a long road ahead of me.

It depends on your source material to an extent, also what settings your tv are on for picture (so tell us). Sounds like you might have the Fbr issue (search for Samsung Fbr and you'll find a thread about that, or just look back in this thread, it's referred to frequently). How far away are you when you see the grainy effect? Sounds like you haven't calibrated your set in any way, though...and that can have a great deal to do with the picture. I find this to be an excellent set but I'm not particularly looking for issues and I like film so sometimes grainy is part of the experience in the source, too....

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

lovinthehd is offline  
post #4823 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Newbie
 
batch1nyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Need both the guide stand and base stand for a pn51d8000. I know it can be ordered off samsung parts but thought I'd ask here first as it would end up being around $130 off there. Thanks for any help.
batch1nyy is offline  
post #4824 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Newbie
 
XDMbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

It depends on your source material to an extent, also what settings your tv are on for picture (so tell us). Sounds like you might have the Fbr issue (search for Samsung Fbr and you'll find a thread about that, or just look back in this thread, it's referred to frequently). How far away are you when you see the grainy effect? Sounds like you haven't calibrated your set in any way, though...and that can have a great deal to do with the picture. I find this to be an excellent set but I'm not particularly looking for issues and I like film so sometimes grainy is part of the experience in the source, too....

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I bounce between factory settings with minor personal tweeks - I sometimes use Dynamic (usually for 3D), Cool and Standard.

My sources are Direct TV (HD) connected using 1.3 HDMI routed on pass through setting on my AV receiver.

Other source is Samsung 3D Bluray connected the same as above Direct TV.

I am sure that is not enough info but that is all I really know at this point.
If I have time this weekend, I am going to run direct from the blu ray to the tv to try to eliminate the possibility of it being the receiver causing the problems.
XDMbri is offline  
post #4825 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,452
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMbri View Post

I bounce between factory settings with minor personal tweeks - I sometimes use Dynamic (usually for 3D), Cool and Standard.

My sources are Direct TV (HD) connected using 1.3 HDMI routed on pass through setting on my AV receiver.

Other source is Samsung 3D Bluray connected the same as above Direct TV.

I am sure that is not enough info but that is all I really know at this point.
If I have time this weekend, I am going to run direct from the blu ray to the tv to try to eliminate the possibility of it being the receiver causing the problems.

So you're completely using the default settings, only changing between the presets on Dyanmic/Standard? Cool instead of warm1 or warm2? There are a lot more settings than that ...also search for the D7000/D8000 calibration thread for some ideas on tweeks. Oh, and your HDMI cable isn't 1.3, but your AVR may be. Your HDMI cable is either standard or hi-speed (you generally want hi-speed for 3D). Then there's real calibration (from a pro or buying the gear to do your own...start searching for the 709 calibration disc you can download from here on AVS).

lovinthehd is offline  
post #4826 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Thanks

I will call the service guy and continue to use the tv in the mean time.

I downloaded a "T-GAP8AKUC.exe" kind of file and copied it onto my USB. Will I need to click on it first then transfer to the USB?

Finally I can live with the buzz... Just mentally annoying to know I have a buzzer...

Also I see some settings in the settings thread, can I use them immediately?
Any run in settings?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidHiker View Post

Yes, the problem with HDMI 1 is not something I have heard of before. Samsung support would probably have you perform a factory reset first to troubleshoot, so you might try that (hold exit for 10 seconds).

For firmware updates by USB, you must make sure you unzip the file correctly, otherwise you will end up with the data files an extra folder deep, and it won't see them. You should have a folder on the root directory of your USB drive with a name like "T-GAP8AKUC". When you open that folder, there should be a folder named "image". If instead there is another folder with the same (T-GAP...) name, it will not work. Easiest thing to do then would be to copy that folder back to your desktop, delete everything on the USB drive, then copy it back and try again.

As for buzz from ~10 feet - technically, if it is audible over the TV audio, that qualifies for a panel replacement. But resolving that with exchanges/repairs is almost like winning the lottery it seems (those of us sensitive to it have a hard time finding a reltively quiet set). I suggest you either learn to live with the noise, or return the TV.

petetherock is online now  
post #4827 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LarryInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in RI
Posts: 5,262
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 147
petetherock,

The Samsungs to not like very large capacity stick drives. Try on that is less than 1GB. (256MB seems ideal for these TVs.)

Larry
LarryInRI is offline  
post #4828 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Down Under
Posts: 1,070
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Thanks Larry
It's a 130 mb file, so I tried a 512mb one, no joy... Will see if the service guy can bring along something... No Internet at my new place...
petetherock is online now  
post #4829 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Normally a dead pixel is black. It sounds like your is stuck which means it's still possible to de-stick it. It's usually very hard to get a manufacturer to do anything about a dead or stuck pixel unless there are a lot of them.

We had one the first day our display was on. It was stuck on red. By the second day it was operating normally. I haven't tried to see if it ever got stuck again. That was 4.5 years ago.

you are lucky

I have never seen a pixel "unstick"

perhaps its different in plasma displays as to the likelihood

I have never seen it change in an LCD

Though...to be accurate I have only seen it in lower end TV's as an issue..and I have never seen it in an LED display


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is online now  
post #4830 of 5101 Old 05-03-2012, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
turnne1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Well..as many know here I was one of the lucky ones that was able to get one of the 64D8000's at Frys blowout sale a month ago

Though I had to take their last one...a demo unit at 5% off

I got it home and shortly after it developed a small horizontal black line down the middle of the display

Service came out...they played with some connections in the back of the TV and it would come and go
They decided to replace the panel..which they said included new connectors
Admittedly I may have done some damage to the TV when I had to shoe horn it in my vehicle to get it home

Anyway they replaced the panel..delivered the Tv back and now it has two vertical lines in the display

SO...Samsung is replacing it with the new 64E8000 TV...said I should receive in 10-14 business days

I will keep you posted....I looked at this model at BB the other night
Other than "brighter" it seems pretty much the same in picture quality

and yes..I know that display was unadjusted at the store


Warren

Rm 1 Samsung 64F8500 Onkyo 5508 prepro Sherbourn 5/1500A amp Atlantic technology System 350 THX Ultra speakers
Rm 2 LG 47LE8500 Pioneer SC37 Celestion 305 speaker system
Rm 3 Samsung 51E8000 Yamaha A2010 Kef 2005.2 speaker system
Rm 4 Panasonic 50ST50 Onkyo 5009/906 Mirage Omni sat speaker system
turnne1 is online now  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn64d8000 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Tv 2011 Model , Samsung Pn51d8000 51 Inch 1080p 3d Ready Plasma Hdtv 2011 Model
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off