What's everyones thoughts on the whole break-in period? I'm getting my 59D8000 next week and just want to make sure I do everything right the first time since this will be my first plasma. I have the color pics ready to go on a USB device for when the TV gets in. My question is, if the majority of owners do agree to perform this break-in, what exact settings should the TV be utilizing during the break-in period? So far, my notes state to:
1. Turn off the screen burn protection option (screen saver and pixel shift)
2. Avoid channels with the black side bars (4:3)
3. Avoid channels with the program logo in the corners
4. Avoid "torch mode" (not sure if this is an actual mode on the TV, but would like some additional info on it)
5. Avoid playing games for the first week (this one is going to be difficult...lol)
What "video" mode should we be utilizing during the break-in procedure? (standard, dynamic, movie, etc....)
Also, should there be certain brightness/contrast settings configured during the break-in period?
I apologize for asking so many questions, but I just want to make sure that we all have a solid baseline for breaking in the TV correctly. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks everyone.