Forum Jump: 

post #1501 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post

I have a Samsung PN59D8000 and I have to say that there is still definitely a buzzing noise that comes from the television with the intensity somewhat based on the image currently on the screen. Could not really hear it from the PN59D7000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSV View Post

That's odd. I have my pn64d8000 for a good 2 weeks now and have zero buzz. Nothing like my pn63c8000 was. I've actually had the room totally quite while I searched for a buzz and came up with nothing.

i am with platinum on this one; i have the 51D8000 and the only way i can hear the buzzing from the TV is if i mute all sound and stand about a foot in front of it and listen very intently. if i sit in my couch with normal sound i hear absolutely nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagy View Post

Ok, just got my 59d8000 yesterday. Am trying to read thru the entire manual (huge). I would like to connect my D***** satellite receiver and my PS3 using the HDMI inputs. The manual leads me to believe that in order to get 3D, I can only use the HDMI # 2 (ARC) input only ? I was going to use the PS3 for 3D and some D***** channels are in 3D also. I would have assumed that all 4 inputs could be used. I have not connected the PS3 yet, but the Satellite receiver only worked on HDMI 2, 3 and 4, but not 1.

It doesn't matter which HDMI input you use for 3D. But keep in mind that if your source doesn't support HDMI 1.4, you'll have to manually switch the TV into 3D mode. This may be the case with your satellite box.
post #1503 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoHD View Post

It doesn't matter which HDMI input you use for 3D. But keep in mind that if your source doesn't support HDMI 1.4, you'll have to manually switch the TV into 3D mode. This may be the case with your satellite box.

All the HR-2x of the past several years support it. Maybe the cable doesn't? Maybe the AVR?
post #1504 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 12:34 PM
rad
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzMe View Post

All the HR-2x of the past several years support it. Maybe the cable doesn't? Maybe the AVR?

Yep, no problems with any of my DIRECTV STB, doing auto switch to 3D mode.
post #1505 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markymark34 View Post

Nice! Thanks for the feedback. I think I will put in the call today to have it delivered tomorrow. I was just worried seeing feedback about local dimming issues and calibration stuff.

Peerless makes a very thin wall mount that works on the 64 inch. It can hold 150 lbs. Just make sure you mount it to the studs in the wall. For a mount this size is has the ability to span 3 studs. As for calibration, you don't want to worry about that until after the set is broken in. And my advice (as someone that has experienced it) if you entertain you may want to look into a screen protector. They are pretty easy to install and remove via Velcro straps. Might be a good investment if you plan on having get togethers. FYI no warranty covers the screen being damaged- believe me and my former pn63 c7000.
post #1506 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by snagy View Post

Ok, just got my 59d8000 yesterday. Am trying to read thru the entire manual (huge). I would like to connect my D***** satellite receiver and my PS3 using the HDMI inputs. The manual leads me to believe that in order to get 3D, I can only use the HDMI # 2 (ARC) input only ? I was going to use the PS3 for 3D and some D***** channels are in 3D also. I would have assumed that all 4 inputs could be used. I have not connected the PS3 yet, but the Satellite receiver only worked on HDMI 2, 3 and 4, but not 1.

What are you using for sound? From what I read and experienced, the input 2with ARC is only relevant if you're routing your source through your av receiver and need to feed the sound back to the av receiver from the tv to get the full sound capability of the hdmi (and your receiver needs to be hdmi 1.4 to handle this).

Otherwise all 4 hdmi inputs are just hdmi inputs and it won't matter what your hdmi source is...just be sure to use the high speed hdmi cables, it makes a difference on 3d material (while I still got somewhat an effect on my PS3 using a standard good quality HDMI cable, once I changed to a high speed cable it was night and day difference).

I'd suspect your number 1 input has other problems...I've used mine with various input sources and no issues...

post #1507 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a Samsung PN59D8000 and I have to say that there is still definitely a buzzing noise that comes from the television with the intensity somewhat based on the image currently on the screen. Could not really hear it from the PN59D7000.

My 59D8000 is buzz free, checked up close soon after up and running as I had read of this as a potential issue...would have been returned immediately if it had one.

post #1508 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplasmatom View Post

Peerless makes a very thin wall mount that works on the 64 inch. It can hold 150 lbs. Just make sure you mount it to the studs in the wall. For a mount this size is has the ability to span 3 studs. As for calibration, you don't want to worry about that until after the set is broken in. And my advice (as someone that has experienced it) if you entertain you may want to look into a screen protector. They are pretty easy to install and remove via Velcro straps. Might be a good investment if you plan on having get togethers. FYI no warranty covers the screen being damaged- believe me and my former pn63 c7000.

I think Squaretrade has accidental damage warranty for tv's
post #1509 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Here are the pictures of my Samsung 64D8000. Very happy so far!
LL
LL
post #1510 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMX4X4 View Post
Here are the pictures of my Samsung 64D8000. Very happy so far!
Holy Testicle Tuesday Batman!!!! That is a h3ll of a center channel. I love it man. One question though....what is that you have the TV sitting on? I don't see the spider under that TV.
post #1511 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 PM

I have now had my D8000 for only a few short days now (5 to be exact) and I'm just wondering if there is a trick or two I should know about getting blu rays such as Shrek to display in full screen with a PS3. I tried both the remote to the TV itself and the PS3 controller during the movie to find a fix as I dont want to take any risk whatsoever of suffering IR or Burn in. I couldn't get rid of the black bars on top and bottom no matter what I tried. Like I said the TV is only a few days old so not taking any chances. I've read plenty on here about not playing anything other than full screen and HD during the TV's give or take 200hr break in. Is it something I should worry about? Anyone have any IR or BI issues with a D8000 yet? Can someone please tell me what I can do with either the PS3 or my D8000 to prevent this situation. Maybe nothing as I suspect but if there is something I'd like to know. Thanks
post #1512 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 05:02 PM

It is a Sonax 3 in 1 stand. The only stand I could find to hold the weight of a Tv of that size and my center channel. TV compliments my 7.2 home theatre very nicely.
post #1513 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMX4X4 View Post
It is a Sonax 3 in 1 stand. The only stand I could find to hold the weight of a Tv of that size and my center channel. TV compliments my 7.2 home theatre very nicely.
Are those Paradigm speakers? I'm a big Paradigm fan.

Samsung PN64D7000
Onkyo 706 THX Reciever
Sony PS3
Paradigm Monitor Series Speakers
M&K THX Subwoofer
post #1514 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 08:54 PM

Yep, Paradigm Speakers and Velodyne Deq Subs
post #1515 of 5101 Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleebrz View Post

I have now had my D8000 for only a few short days now (5 to be exact) and I'm just wondering if there is a trick or two I should know about getting blu rays such as Shrek to display in full screen with a PS3. I tried both the remote to the TV itself and the PS3 controller during the movie to find a fix as I dont want to take any risk whatsoever of suffering IR or Burn in. I couldn't get rid of the black bars on top and bottom no matter what I tried. Like I said the TV is only a few days old so not taking any chances. I've read plenty on here about not playing anything other than full screen and HD during the TV's give or take 200hr break in. Is it something I should worry about? Anyone have any IR or BI issues with a D8000 yet? Can someone please tell me what I can do with either the PS3 or my D8000 to prevent this situation. Maybe nothing as I suspect but if there is something I'd like to know. Thanks

While I've not been paranoid about the break in period and have watched whatever I felt like since I've got mine and have no issues...screen fit didn't work for you?

post #1516 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 02:46 AM

Quote:

I haven't seen any IR on my PN59D8000. I watched full screen content for about 40 hours and ran slides for about the same amount of time. The first 3 Shrek movies are all full screen. Only the 4th has the bars on top/bottom. I watched a few movies with black bars early after getting the TV but I had already watched full screen content for several hours. I still have yet to see any IR on this set. I would still watch full screen stuff a bit first just to be safe. You can change the aspect ratio in the screen adjustment part of the menu to fill up more of the screen but it looks worse.
post #1517 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

While I've not been paranoid about the break in period and have watched whatever I felt like since I've got mine and have no issues...screen fit didn't work for you?

No I couldn't adjust the screen size, I dont know if is was some other setting I had set that prevented it or what. While on the PS3 during Shrek, the screen size button on the TV remote would come up "not available" and not give any options to adjust it. Maybe if I try to have it set to Screen fit before I power up the PS3 in the first place. The other post above says that only Shrek 4 displays the black bars on top and bottom, that's the one I was watching so maybe it cannot be fixed for that one?
Thanks
post #1518 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

What are you using for sound? From what I read and experienced, the input 2with ARC is only relevant if you're routing your source through your av receiver and need to feed the sound back to the av receiver from the tv to get the full sound capability of the hdmi (and your receiver needs to be hdmi 1.4 to handle this).

Otherwise all 4 hdmi inputs are just hdmi inputs and it won't matter what your hdmi source is...just be sure to use the high speed hdmi cables, it makes a difference on 3d material (while I still got somewhat an effect on my PS3 using a standard good quality HDMI cable, once I changed to a high speed cable it was night and day difference).

I'd suspect your number 1 input has other problems...I've used mine with various input sources and no issues...

Thanks for all the quick replies. It ended up being the cable on the Directv receiver. I switched it out and I now have the PS3 on HDMI (1) and the satellite receiver on HDMI (2). For sound I use the Digital audio out to my Yamaha 995 for each device till i can afford a new modern receiver. But everything works great and sounds great. That's a hell of a picture straight out of the box for the D8000.
post #1519 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper42 View Post

i am with platinum on this one; i have the 51D8000 and the only way i can hear the buzzing from the TV is if i mute all sound and stand about a foot in front of it and listen very intently. if i sit in my couch with normal sound i hear absolutely nothing.

I guess Samsung might be back to its old tricks as last year and the year before, some TVs buzz and some do not. Buying a Samsung TV is almost like gambling in Vegas. I love the TV, but I sometimes feel that Samsung needs to grow up.
post #1520 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I guess Samsung might be back to its old tricks as last year and the year before, some TVs buzz and some do not. Buying a Samsung TV is almost like gambling in Vegas. I love the TV, but I sometimes feel that Samsung needs to grow up.

I spoke with a television repair person about this. He said there's a chance anyone's plasma could be a noise maker but there's no way to know in advance. It happens with Panasonics and with Samsungs though he finds it a little more prevalent with Samsung. He did say, however, the D series seems to be less frequent with this problem than prior years, A and B in particular.

By the way, I'm in the process of getting my 59D7000 exchanged as I could hear it buzzing from 20 ft away. I've also seen a 59D6500 that you could only hear inside about one foot.

When it comes to plasmas buzzing, it's short-sighted to claim one producer has better quality than another. If the chances are more than 2 to 5% that you get one that buzzes, then it's not something you can predict with any real certainty that a plasma you buy won't buzz. So if you can't say that, what's the point of touting one brand over another?
post #1521 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 AM

For anyone who had their C8000 replaced with the D8000, you should try to get a refund for your old glasses. Samsung is paying me $112.90 for EACH pair of glasses. Since they just reduced the new Bluetooth glasses to $50 per pair, I am able to buy 4 pairs plus have $25 left over. Definitely worth it!
post #1522 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickson00 View Post

For anyone who had their C8000 replaced with the D8000, you should try to get a refund for your old glasses. Samsung is paying me $112.90 for EACH pair of glasses. Since they just reduced the new Bluetooth glasses to $50 per pair, I am able to buy 4 pairs plus have $25 left over. Definitely worth it!

Good idea.

Who do we speak to to try and get that?

Would it be samsung VOC department?
post #1523 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOPANindustries View Post

Good idea.

Who do we speak to to try and get that?

Would it be samsung VOC department?

If Samsung already replaced your TV, then you would have dealt with their Executive Care people (I think that's what it's called). They are based in New Jersey. Anyway, you can reach them by calling regular customer service and tell the rep you need to speak to someone about a replacement in Executive Care and they will transfer you. If they replaced your TV but did not include lasses with it, they will offer to exchange the glasses (which they say could take a long time) or just refund the cost. Opt for the refund.
post #1524 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

I spoke with a television repair person about this. He said there's a chance anyone's plasma could be a noise maker but there's no way to know in advance. It happens with Panasonics and with Samsungs though he finds it a little more prevalent with Samsung. He did say, however, the D series seems to be less frequent with this problem than prior years, A and B in particular.

By the way, I'm in the process of getting my 59D7000 exchanged as I could hear it buzzing from 20 ft away. I've also seen a 59D6500 that you could only hear inside about one foot.

When it comes to plasmas buzzing, it's short-sighted to claim one producer has better quality than another. If the chances are more than 2 to 5% that you get one that buzzes, then it's not something you can predict with any real certainty that a plasma you buy won't buzz. So if you can't say that, what's the point of touting one brand over another?

Very good explanation and nice response. However, my experience with Samsung TVs has not been good. The technology is good but stuff like this really sometimes ruins it. I continue to buy Samsung TVs because in my opinion they offer one of the best screen picture, but it is always something with their TVs.

Most manufacturers follow the method of let's manufacture it and let the consumer deal with any issues with the product. Almost no product testing is done before leaving the manufacturer.
post #1525 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 05:00 PM

Hi!

I was browsing through the online guide of the d8000 to check if my bracket would fit with the 64 inch model and need someone to confirm this.
Seems to me like they inverted the "1" with the "2" or is it really the right answer.
LL
post #1526 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by primal_phil View Post

Hi!

I was browsing through the online guide of the d8000 to check if my bracket would fit with the 64 inch model and need someone to confirm this.
Seems to me like they inverted the "1" with the "2" or is it really the right answer.

Yes they did, it's wider than it is higher..
post #1527 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSV View Post

Yes they did, it's wider than it is higher..

Thnx
post #1528 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:

No I couldn't adjust the screen size, I dont know if is was some other setting I had set that prevented it or what. While on the PS3 during Shrek, the screen size button on the TV remote would come up "not available" and not give any options to adjust it. Maybe if I try to have it set to Screen fit before I power up the PS3 in the first place. The other post above says that only Shrek 4 displays the black bars on top and bottom, that's the one I was watching so maybe it cannot be fixed for that one?
Thanks

I don't know if you can adjust screen size while viewing 3D content. Maybe if you switch to 2D with the remote it will let you. If not then maybe the input coming in at 3D is what is making it "not available?"
post #1529 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 545
post #1530 of 5101 Old 05-13-2011, 11:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Chad B Just left after calibrating a PN64D8000 right next to a TC-P65VT30 He will be posting details on monday or so.....

--More or less it was very close.....

You can't just tease us like that! More details please .
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn64d8000 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Tv 2011 Model , Samsung Pn51d8000 51 Inch 1080p 3d Ready Plasma Hdtv 2011 Model
Gear in this thread - Pn64d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page