Official Samsung 2011 PNxxD8000 Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 5101 Old 03-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Member
 
david1923's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Had problems with buzzing, line across screen in game mode with the pn58c8000 so called had a tech come out 3 times finally I told them I want a total refund instead they said we will give you the new pn59d8000. But I was talking to the senior rep at samsung and he said the buzz is on all plasmsas even 2011 models it's just that some tv's it's louder than others. Nuthin can fix it but he did say if it is buzzing I can return it again. Monday pn59d8000 will be here. If you want photos send me your email address
david1923 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 5101 Old 03-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Newbie
 
glycose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased a 59D8000 earlier this week and after reading a few questions about the buzz, I can confirm there is a faint buzz on my set. If the room is absolutely silent and the TV is muted, I can hear a very faint buzz if I turn my head with an ear toward the screen. During regular watching with the volume at 10-15 I do not hear anything other than the TV audio. I did not own the previous C model so I cannot say whether the buzz is the same or has been lessened.

In my case this is not a deal breaker for me. The TV is beautiful. Loving the DLNA feature to stream media from my PC.
glycose is offline  
post #183 of 5101 Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Member
 
andymnfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymnfun View Post

On the PN51D6500DFXZA, what does the DFXZA mean?

Has it been confirmed the D6500 and D8000 are similar?

Anyone?
andymnfun is offline  
post #184 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 01:20 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I was gonna purchase the Samsung D8000 but after reading how disappointing the blacks were I ended up pulling the trigger on the XBR 52HX909... NOW THIS TV HAS AN IMPRESSIVE PICTURE & BLACK LEVEL :-)~
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #185 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 02:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RobbyTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

So I was gonna purchase the Samsung D8000 but after reading how disappointing the blacks were I ended up pulling the trigger on the XBR 52HX909... NOW THIS TV HAS AN IMPRESSIVE PICTURE & BLACK LEVEL :-)~

yes.... another FLOP year for the Plasma.

Samsung lied about the improvements this year.

only time will tell for sure.... but so far the D8000 is a FLOP.

I would hold out for 2012 or buy a Pioneer Plasma... or maybe look at the VT30 when they come out.

oh and by the way.... The ST30 has Floating Blacks.

yes.... another year I will pass. If I had a time machine, I would set it back when the KRP-600M was less than 3 grand and the KRP-500M was less than 2 grand.
RobbyTV is offline  
post #186 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Member
 
jae3cpamd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

So I was gonna purchase the Samsung D8000 but after reading how disappointing the blacks were I ended up pulling the trigger on the XBR 52HX909... NOW THIS TV HAS AN IMPRESSIVE PICTURE & BLACK LEVEL :-)~

I might wait for the 65hx929.....it does have motion flow!
jae3cpamd is offline  
post #187 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Member
 
jae3cpamd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post

I heard that the 2011's didn't buzz including one person who returned a c8000 due to buzz. But there is one review on BB.com for the d8000 and he says it still buzzes.

Dont you guys have surround sound set-ups. I have 4 samsung plasmas and they all buzz to some degree, but with SS its not an issue. Some of you guys are so picky about buzzing and black level. Doesnt PQ matter! Its so funny!!!!!!!
jae3cpamd is offline  
post #188 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

So I was gonna purchase the Samsung D8000 but after reading how disappointing the blacks were I ended up pulling the trigger on the XBR 52HX909... NOW THIS TV HAS AN IMPRESSIVE PICTURE & BLACK LEVEL :-)~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV View Post

yes.... another FLOP year for the Plasma.

Samsung lied about the improvements this year.

only time will tell for sure.... but so far the D8000 is a FLOP.

I would hold out for 2012 or buy a Pioneer Plasma... or maybe look at the VT30 when they come out.

oh and by the way.... The ST30 has Floating Blacks.

yes.... another year I will pass. If I had a time machine, I would set it back when the KRP-600M was less than 3 grand and the KRP-500M was less than 2 grand.

Really? You're throwing in the towel on the 2011 Samsung Plasmas over a single report of black level measurements? A report from the same guy whose black level measurements have been considerably higher than everyone else in the past? Without knowing the condition of the tv at the time? Did he break it in for 200hrs first? We don't know. Do Samsung's blacks improve over time? We don't know. Did Chad run the tv on Dynamic with 100% contrast for 48 hours before switching it to movie mode and taking his measurements? We don't know.

All I can say is I'm sure glad I'm not the one who ran out and dropped TWICE AS MUCH money on an LCD based one a single preliminary report.

Click here for my home theater setup
Spanbauer is offline  
post #189 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 07:58 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would of waited but I couldn't pass up on this INCREDIBLE DEAL that I got... :-)
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #190 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 AM
 
Nobl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

I would of waited but I couldn't pass up on this INCREDIBLE DEAL that I got... :-)

You paid for inferior PQ, not a good deal.
Nobl3 is offline  
post #191 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all spanbauer I did not pay TWICE AS MUCH, I ended up paying hundreds less than a 51D8000, and yes I pulled the trigger cause I'm sick and tired of hearing all of these promise being made at CES, but what it comes down to is MARKETING BULL****. Plus my HX909 looks WAY better than that silver bezel with chrome spider legs. Enjoy
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #192 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:07 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobl3 View Post


You paid for inferior PQ, not a good deal.

I paid for an AMAZING TV with a 3D Deluxe Starter Kit, 3D Transmitter, and a 3D Blu-Ray player. CHEERS!
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #193 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
mobilejunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 313
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post


Really? You're throwing in the towel on the 2011 Samsung Plasmas over a single report of black level measurements? A report from the same guy whose black level measurements have been considerably higher than everyone else in the past? Without knowing the condition of the tv at the time? Did he break it in for 200hrs first? We don't know. Do Samsung's blacks improve over time? We don't know. Did Chad run the tv on Dynamic with 100% contrast for 48 hours before switching it to movie mode and taking his measurements? We don't know.

All I can say is I'm sure glad I'm not the one who ran out and dropped TWICE AS MUCH money on an LCD based one a single preliminary report.

Chad's measurements are consistently higher than the norm. However, if you use a bit of logic based on historical data, you can see that the d8000's blacks will fall in the same range as the c8000 did. Even for the bigger models. They didn't fix the CS bug, black levels still almost double. And other than the thin bezel, the tv is uglier this year.

To comment on what the one guy said about the senior Sammy tech and that the buzzing can't be fixed. Sure, buzzing to a degree is inherent with plasma tech. BUT the reason he said some are louder than others and reason sammy's are so inconsistent is because of the materials they use. Some factories use metal washers and some use rubber. The metal of course is louder.
mobilejunkie is offline  
post #194 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post


Chad's measurements are consistently higher than the norm. However, if you use a bit of logic based on historical data, you can see that the d8000's blacks will fall in the same range as the c8000 did. Even for the bigger models. They didn't fix the CS bug, black levels still almost double. And other than the thin bezel, the tv is uglier this year.

To comment on what the one guy said about the senior Sammy tech and that the buzzing can't be fixed. Sure, buzzing to a degree is inherent with plasma tech. BUT the reason he said some are louder than others and reason sammy's are so inconsistent is because of the materials they use. Some factories use metal washers and some use rubber. The metal of course is louder.


I agree with u 100% mobilejunkie
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #195 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RobbyTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejunkie View Post

They didn't fix the CS bug, black levels still almost double. And other than the thin bezel, the tv is uglier this year.

Yes... The CS bug was to be fixed this year.

and obviosly Samsung is mute about it as it would hurt sales if they gave us the real information.

who was the person from Samsung who said it would be fixed for 2011?
RobbyTV is offline  
post #196 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 12,053
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobl3 View Post

You paid for inferior PQ, not a good deal.

Sony does make the best LED as of this moment..... I still think plasma is better, but to each his own.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #197 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 AM
 
Nobl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Sony does make the best LED as of this moment..... I still think plasma is better, but to each his own.

Oh, I agree that Sony makes the best LED's no question. However, IMO they are no match for these plasmas.
Nobl3 is offline  
post #198 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Spanbauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,609
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

First of all spanbauer I did not pay TWICE AS MUCH, I ended up paying hundreds less than a 51D8000, and yes I pulled the trigger cause I'm sick and tired of hearing all of these promise being made at CES, but what it comes down to is MARKETING BULL****. Plus my HX909 looks WAY better than that silver bezel with chrome spider legs. Enjoy

I very much doubt your new Sony LCD is completely void of flaws. All televisions and tv tech have issues; you'll find ones with your XBR 52HX909 eventually. Anyway, you must have gotten the thing out of the back of some guys van because the list price for the XBR 52HX909 is $1,300 more than the PN51D8000.

Click here for my home theater setup
Spanbauer is offline  
post #199 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanbauer View Post

I very much doubt your new Sony LCD is completely void of flaws. All televisions and tv tech have issues; you'll find ones with your XBR 52HX909 eventually. Anyway, you must have gotten the thing out of the back of some guys van because the list price for the XBR 52HX909 is $1,300 more than the PN51D8000.

At the moment my Sony is perfect, and no it wasn't purchased out of some guys van, sounds to me like u have some shopping experience with that LOOSER :-)~
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #200 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:07 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobl3 View Post


Oh, I agree that Sony makes the best LED's no question. However, IMO they are no match for these plasmas.

I agree Sony does make the best LED tv's, and that Plasma technology is better but in this case I believe in my Sony. Will c what happens with the VT30
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #201 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyways enough of me and my tv all I wanted to say is I'm disappointed with Samsung Plasma this year and that's why I purchased the Sony... Cheers
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #202 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:17 AM
 
Nobl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

Anyways enough of me and my tv all I wanted to say is I'm disappointed with Samsung Plasma this year and that's why I purchased the Sony... Cheers

I just can't get over the fact that you say you are "disappointed with Samsungs 2011 plasma", yet you haven't even seen one. lol.
Nobl3 is offline  
post #203 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobl3 View Post


I just can't get over the fact that you say you are "disappointed with Samsungs 2011 plasma", yet you haven't even seen one. lol.

I did see one at my local Pauls Tv, they had it side by side with the VT25 and the Panny still had better blacks.
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #204 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ain't knocking the picture quality because from what I saw the colors were spot on at times, and surprisingly the picture had alot of POP to it. The only fault it had was again its black level, and looks cause I can't stand the silver bezel with the chrome spider looking stand
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #205 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Member
 
grizzlymantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can confirm that the chrome stand hasn't tried to climb the walls in my place yet.
grizzlymantis is offline  
post #206 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymantis View Post

I can confirm that the chrome stand hasn't tried to climb the walls in my place yet.

:-)
cbnboy1982 is offline  
post #207 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Nobl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
:d
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlymantis View Post

i can confirm that the chrome stand hasn't tried to climb the walls in my place yet.

Nobl3 is offline  
post #208 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Member
 
grizzlymantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't find the shade of the bezel distracting at all, it's much darker than the CES photos. I have a silver amp and receiver, so I really wouldn't have minded if it matched (brighter) either.
grizzlymantis is offline  
post #209 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:44 AM
 
vinnie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nunya
Posts: 11,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbnboy1982 View Post

At the moment my Sony is perfect

No TV is perfect (not even my Kuro Elite 111FD).
vinnie97 is offline  
post #210 of 5101 Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM
 
cbnboy1982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

No TV is perfect (not even my Kuro Elite 111FD).

Well knock on wood at the moment it is but again that can eventually change after time
cbnboy1982 is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn64d8000 64 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Tv 2011 Model , Samsung Pn51d8000 51 Inch 1080p 3d Ready Plasma Hdtv 2011 Model
Gear in this thread - Pn64d8000 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off