Official Samsung 2011 PNxxD7000 Thread - Page 125 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3721 of 4127 Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Member
 
nikerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzack02 View Post

I'm pretty in the manual it says it has ARC..

From the OP, Page 1:

D7000 Series PDP (exclusive to American market)

Same 1080P panel and Real Black (anti-glare) Filter as D8000
Crystal Full HD video processing engine (omitting LCE circuit) w/ Cinema Smooth (4:4 pulldown).
1080P 3D / 2D-to-3D upconversion / bluetooth-syncing active glasses
Smart TV (Samsung Apps, universal search) w/o web browser
Built-in Wi-Fi connection
Audio out via TOSLINK (no ARC support)
Backlit remote (touchscreen and QWERTY remotes sold separately)
Advanced calibration options (2- and 10-pt grayscale, 3D CMS, gamma adjustments available from user menu)
Brushed metal Touch of Color design (Dark Platinum) with Titan square stand

nikerret is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3722 of 4127 Old 02-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Newbie
 
gary712's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i hookrd up a toslink from tv to receiver and now all is good.I did not turn off anynet, why would i want it off?
gary712 is offline  
post #3723 of 4127 Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary712 View Post

i hookrd up a toslink from tv to receiver and now all is good.I did not turn off anynet, why would i want it off?

It can cause issues when you don't have all Samsung equipment. As long as you don't have anything ON within the Anynet menu such as the receiver, it should be fine. I just turn it off since i use a Harmony remote.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is online now  
post #3724 of 4127 Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I know there is a separate thread for this but since the pops have been fixed I just wanted to say how awesome a tv this is. And since the new ones offer a black level improvement of only 10%, and OLED coming into fruition, the D7000 and D8000 will probably go down as among the best plasmas EVER made. 10%? Can one even we that difference?

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is online now  
post #3725 of 4127 Old 02-03-2012, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 3,633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

I know there is a separate thread for this but since the pops have been fixed I just wanted to say how awesome a tv this is. And since the new ones offer a black level improvement of only 10%, and OLED coming into fruition, the D7000 and D8000 will probably go down as among the best plasmas EVER made. 10%? Can one even we that difference?

Barely. Reduce MLL to .007 foot Lamberts from .008 and you will need a side by side comparison. If they would get black down to .004 like the VT30s the contrast ratio would double and you'd definitely recognize it immediately.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
buzzard767 is online now  
post #3726 of 4127 Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zoyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Planet Dog
Posts: 4,508
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 322
hey Buzz, are the VT30s really at 0.004? I've seen a bunch of 0.005 - 0.006 measurements but nothing below that. (also, do they hold that level after long term?)

-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zoyd is online now  
post #3727 of 4127 Old 02-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Senior Member
 
jamesco411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 379
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

hey Buzz, are the VT30s really at 0.004? I've seen a bunch of 0.005 - 0.006 measurements but nothing below that. (also, do they hold that level after long term?)

Zoyd, I think I remember a reader comment suggesting that D-Nice kept getting .0039 - .004 on the larger top-tier panels.

For what its worth, ChadB had a recent review update on HDJ with a 60" GT-30...if memory serves right I think he measured .0049 ftL.
jamesco411 is offline  
post #3728 of 4127 Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Newbie
 
Chuck92651's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a PN64D700 and had to to run an optical cable from the TV to get sound from Samsung Apps like Pandora or Netflix to my Yamaha RX-v867. I like the PS-3 better for most web apps as it can send higher resolution audio via HDMI (DTS HD Master or Dolby True HD) on Blu-ray. I assume if Netflix ever upgrades their audio to HD, the PS-3 should be able to send HD audio as well (currently Netflix is sending 5.1 for the most part but some material is sent in 2 channel audio on the source material I've checked).
Chuck92651 is offline  
post #3729 of 4127 Old 02-04-2012, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
buzzard767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples, FL & Wausau, WI
Posts: 3,633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

hey Buzz, are the VT30s really at 0.004? I've seen a bunch of 0.005 - 0.006 measurements but nothing below that. (also, do they hold that level after long term?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesco411 View Post

Zoyd, I think I remember a reader comment suggesting that D-Nice kept getting .0039 - .004 on the larger top-tier panels.

For what its worth, ChadB had a recent review update on HDJ with a 60" GT-30...if memory serves right I think he measured .0049 ftL.

I don't normally take the measurement unless the owner specifically requests it. Also, I was unable until last year when I got an X-Rite Display 3. Before that I had a Chroma 5 and it only measures down to .008 fL. I measured one VT30 and saw .005 but the room was not completely dark. At the VE Shootout last fall, a 65VT30 measured .0034.

I have no information on rising blacks other than Internet forum speculation.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

 


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
buzzard767 is online now  
post #3730 of 4127 Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 AM
Member
 
complexx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone had any luck getting/ applying the usb sticks? Results?
complexx is offline  
post #3731 of 4127 Old 02-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
ferrari fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by complexx View Post

Has anyone had any luck getting/ applying the usb sticks? Results?

Try this forum

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1389562
ferrari fan is offline  
post #3732 of 4127 Old 02-05-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew Sabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 64d7000 has noticeable buzzing when the volume is low. Are there any settings to reduce the buzzing. It's a Dec. 11 build date. Thanks

Andrew Sabin
Andrew Sabin is offline  
post #3733 of 4127 Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Senior Member
 
dxjnorto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint George, UT
Posts: 462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

My 64d7000 has noticeable buzzing when the volume is low. Are there any settings to reduce the buzzing. It's a Dec. 11 build date. Thanks

Seems to be the luck of the draw and your hearing. It comes from the panel so there is nothing you can do about it, other than exchange your set and try your luck again. People have said that if you aim your set differently or change your seating position the buzzing can be quite directional and localized.
dxjnorto is offline  
post #3734 of 4127 Old 02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Senior Member
 
BAMABLUHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

My 64d7000 has noticeable buzzing when the volume is low. Are there any settings to reduce the buzzing. It's a Dec. 11 build date. Thanks

My set buzzes to even in Movie, but I just raise my center channel speaker and dialog volume on my receiver. I always use my theater though, so the buzz doesn't bother me. If using only the TV sound I can see the issue.
BAMABLUHD is offline  
post #3735 of 4127 Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Member
 
benshapiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

Try this forum

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1389562

I don't see any mention in that thread of how how to downgrade your D7000 if you had already upgraded to FW 1015. I requested the downgrade USB stick more than 3 weeks ago and have not received it.... has anyone else?

Samsung PN59D7000 | Uverse VIP2250 | Samsung BDD5500 | Apple TV 2
benshapiro is offline  
post #3736 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 06:38 AM
RSN
Member
 
RSN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

My 64d7000 has noticeable buzzing when the volume is low. Are there any settings to reduce the buzzing. It's a Dec. 11 build date. Thanks

My 64d8000 has the same issue...picture is stunning, buzz will not pass muster with the wife. BB is coming out tomorrow with a new set for me, I'll let you know if there is a buzz this time. If there is, I might have to consider other options since my wife, who has way too sensitive hearing , won't be able to adjust to the same degree that I probably could.

Oh well, nothing like the trials and tribulations of the quest for the perfect picture.

RSN
RSN is offline  
post #3737 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by benshapiro View Post

I don't see any mention in that thread of how how to downgrade your D7000 if you had already upgraded to FW 1015. I requested the downgrade USB stick more than 3 weeks ago and have not received it.... has anyone else?

Seems like nobody has, and no telling how long you'll have to wait.

Your only other option is to use Zoyd and Larry's method to manually update the D7000 logic board (doesn't matter what firmware you have installed). A bit technical, but the procedure is pretty well described now.
AvidHiker is offline  
post #3738 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Newbie
 
zhangkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my replacement from amazon last Sat. Sadly, it's another buzzy one. Both of them are Aug, 2011 built shipped from seattle. I don't use the TV speaker at all. And I wall mount the TV with a fixed location. So I don't have choice to move around. I can only hear the buzz at one seat of my sectional. Unfortunately, that's the main seat I usually sit.

My wife noticed that the buzz became louder if it's ON for a while, which I didn't pay attention to. I don't want request for replacement one more time. I feel a bit guilty of using Amazon's great service that way. If the buzz stays the same, I would just live with it. But I am worried it would become louder.

Anyone knows whether the buzz issue would be covered by the warranty from Samsung?
zhangkan is offline  
post #3739 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
a1188323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got mine from Amazon Friday. Thus far, very pleased. No buzzing whatsoever, all sound muted right now and the xbox is the loudest thing I hear. No dead pixels(very high concern, last set had one right in the middle) and thus far, I havent noticed the brightness issues. I was very concerned about buying the samsung, but as of right now, very pleased
a1188323 is offline  
post #3740 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Member
 
dzack02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangkan View Post

I got my replacement from amazon last Sat. Sadly, it's another buzzy one. Both of them are Aug, 2011 built shipped from seattle. I don't use the TV speaker at all. And I wall mount the TV with a fixed location. So I don't have choice to move around. I can only hear the buzz at one seat of my sectional. Unfortunately, that's the main seat I usually sit.

My wife noticed that the buzz became louder if it's ON for a while, which I didn't pay attention to. I don't want request for replacement one more time. I feel a bit guilty of using Amazon's great service that way. If the buzz stays the same, I would just live with it. But I am worried it would become louder.

Anyone knows whether the buzz issue would be covered by the warranty from Samsung?

Pretty if you can hear from more than 10ft they will come out and look at it, not much they can do though
dzack02 is offline  
post #3741 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Wizziwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 1,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1188323 View Post

Just got mine from Amazon Friday. Thus far, very pleased. No buzzing whatsoever, all sound muted right now and the xbox is the loudest thing I hear.

No wonder you can't hear any buzzing. Try turning off your xbox and check again.
Wizziwig is offline  
post #3742 of 4127 Old 02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
Senior Member
 
ferrari fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post

No wonder you can't hear any buzzing. Try turning off your xbox and check again.

I'm just about ready to get the 59D7000 and all the talk about buzzing has me somewhat hesitating. I know plasmas buzz abit. I have a Pioneer Elite PROFHD1 and can barely hear it with volume off, and my ear next to that tv.

I have been to two different Best Buys to see this tv, and have not really heard anything. Now granted, Best Buy is not too quiet, but I have put my head right up to the tv's in the store and really can't hear buzzing.

The 59D7000 will be only for tv viewing with Directv, and on occasion using a smaller size, though very good quality Polk 5.1 system with it. But mostly, I'll use the built in tv speakers ( girlfriend factor as she dislikes louder, better sounding Polks ) Also, we'll be sitting directly in front of the tv and about 10' away.

So, after all this, my question is how loud on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest is the buzzing ? And with the volume on is it really that noticeable ? Thanks in advance.
ferrari fan is offline  
post #3743 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Somewhat louder than "normal" plasma buzzing seems to be common, and there are certainly many complaints of it being "excessive" or "very irritating". Unfortunately, there is no answer to your question. The noise varies from panel to panel, presumably due to loose manufacturing tolerances (these are glass, so each panel will be slightly different). PLUS, I've found that some people can't even hear it because it tends to be high frequency. The few instances of Samsung correcting the buzz were the result of a complete panel replacement (however, this very same repair has also gotten some people a panel with MORE buzz). I have had a service tech look at my panel and it does not appear to be an easy thing to convince them to perform this repair:

He first told me the buzz was normal.
My response was that my friend has the SAME TV with ZERO buzz.
Then he said I probably have bad power or grounding problems.
My response was that couldn't be possible, the wiring was recently updated and completely to code. I asked to him use an outlet checker to verify proper wiring. He checked and had no response.
After all that, he went back to insisting the buzz was normal. He had no instrument to measure the level of buzz.

I know I can keep escalating it with Samsung, but after going through one repair (new main board for different problem) I have absolutely no intention of allowing them to gut my TV again. They will keep replacing things until your warranty runs out or you get fed up, they will not deliver you a brand new TV. In doing so, in my case, they have already wiped out the factory calibrations (service menu settings) that give the TV a great picture right out of the box, and they have not been able to fix it. It's just not worth ending up with new problems after these repairs. I'm not saying Samsung won't make it right eventually, but it's not an easy process.

Moral of the story:

Just make sure you have a good return policy and don't spend too much time on the install. Get it up and running, then decide if it's a buzzer and maybe try an exchange if necessary. It's luck of the draw, plain and simple.
AvidHiker is offline  
post #3744 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Member
 
catalyst6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

I'm just about ready to get the 59D7000 and all the talk about buzzing has me somewhat hesitating. I know plasmas buzz abit. I have a Pioneer Elite PROFHD1 and can barely hear it with volume off, and my ear next to that tv.

I have been to two different Best Buys to see this tv, and have not really heard anything. Now granted, Best Buy is not too quiet, but I have put my head right up to the tv's in the store and really can't hear buzzing.

The 59D7000 will be only for tv viewing with Directv, and on occasion using a smaller size, though very good quality Polk 5.1 system with it. But mostly, I'll use the built in tv speakers ( girlfriend factor as she dislikes louder, better sounding Polks ) Also, we'll be sitting directly in front of the tv and about 10' away.

So, after all this, my question is how loud on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest is the buzzing ? And with the volume on is it really that noticeable ? Thanks in advance.

It's hit or miss, the first one I had was an 8 or 9, the replacement was a 2 or 3. The problem is, you can put your head right up against it and hear nothing....the sound is project outwards from the TV like a laser beam, so standing dead-center 10 or so feet away will give you a more accurate recreation of the sound.

Unrelated, but I've noticed an anomaly on my new set. Honestly, it reminds me of banding on an LCD. There is a really, really faint horizontal line across the TV that is slightly brighter than the surrounding area. It's impossible to notice on darker screens, faint on lighter screens, but whenever there is a camera tilt against a sky or light background, it becomes pretty obvious.

Any ideas on what this could be and how to fix it? I'm thinking it could be uneven voltage (No real idea how this works) to that area of the panel, uneven filter application, or image retention. I have no idea how there would be a whole line of retention on that part of the screen, but just a thought.

It's not a big deal, but it's a bit annoying as it catches my eye whenever there is camera movement against a static background.
catalyst6 is offline  
post #3745 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Member
 
Ne0eN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just pulled the trigger on the PN64D7000 from Amazon. What is the recommended wall mount for this size/weight panel. Monoprice has some ultra-slim low profile mount brackets, but they seem to max out at 63" panel size. I'd like to mount it as close to the wall as possible. TIA.
Ne0eN is offline  
post #3746 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Member
 
nikerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

So, after all this, my question is how loud on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest is the buzzing ? And with the volume on is it really that noticeable ? Thanks in advance.



My set is a 1. Others' sets seem to be at a 10. Some have reported it was noticeable during "regular tv viewing". As stated, mine is less than I expected from a plasma and I am completely satisfied with this set in regard to the buzz level (and pretty much everything else)!

Really seems to be an individual set problem.

nikerret is offline  
post #3747 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Senior Member
 
SRTer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis MO.
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does setting the tv to Game Mode provide any real benifit?
SRTer is offline  
post #3748 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Member
 
alxrmero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 144
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the market for a Plasma and the Samsung D7000 is at the top of my list. I've also heard that the VT series from Panasonic was just crowned the HDTV Plasma of the year. Is there someone here who can point out what are the main differences from the Samsung to the Panasonic? And what reason is there to buy this Samsung over the Panasonic?

Thank you
alxrmero is offline  
post #3749 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by alxrmero View Post

I'm in the market for a Plasma and the Samsung D7000 is at the top of my list. I've also heard that the VT series from Panasonic was just crowned the HDTV Plasma of the year. Is there someone here who can point out what are the main differences from the Samsung to the Panasonic? And what reason is there to buy this Samsung over the Panasonic?

Thank you

You asked the same question in the d8000 thread and the answer is the same.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is online now  
post #3750 of 4127 Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Member
 
nikerret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 182
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by complexx View Post

Has anyone had any luck getting/ applying the usb sticks? Results?

I spent over 45 minutes on Chat with Samsung to be told I already had the newest firmware; which, I knew. He got hung up on what firmware I had and completely ignore my request for the USB sticks with everything explained. At the end, fifteen minutes late for a dinner, he just told me I needed a service call. Try again, later, I suppose.


ETA: Tried again, took about 18 minutes and I have two USB sticks on the way; 5 to 9 business days. Juanita G was much better than the first person.

nikerret is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off