Official Samsung 2011 PNxxD7000 Thread - Page 127 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3781 of 4123 Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Member
 
alexmanny01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Turned my tv on today after work...
The buzzing that was minimal before is beyond loud now.

Crazy stuff. I'm sure it's a power issue now.
alexmanny01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3782 of 4123 Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Newbie
 
zhangkan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanny01 View Post

Turned my tv on today after work...
The buzzing that was minimal before is beyond loud now.

Crazy stuff. I'm sure it's a power issue now.

You mean power line? Or the power supply inside the TV. I suspect it would be the power supply inside the TV.
zhangkan is offline  
post #3783 of 4123 Old 02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Member
 
alexmanny01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think it's the power supply inside
Hope Samsung can fix it...
alexmanny01 is offline  
post #3784 of 4123 Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 24,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanny01 View Post

I think it's the power supply inside
Hope Samsung can fix it...

If it's the power supply, that's an easy fix.
htwaits is offline  
post #3785 of 4123 Old 02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
My buzz is variable, but often MUCH louder when the TV is first turned on. Once it warms up, it's usually not too bad. Service tech said it sounded normal to him.

But, yeah, if you still have no picture, you'll probably get a new power board.
AvidHiker is offline  
post #3786 of 4123 Old 02-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
ferrari fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego, CA.
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari fan View Post

I'm just about ready to get the 59D7000 and all the talk about buzzing has me somewhat hesitating. I know plasmas buzz abit. I have a Pioneer Elite PROFHD1 and can barely hear it with volume off, and my ear next to that tv.

I have been to two different Best Buys to see this tv, and have not really heard anything. Now granted, Best Buy is not too quiet, but I have put my head right up to the tv's in the store and really can't hear buzzing.

The 59D7000 will be only for tv viewing with Directv, and on occasion using a smaller size, though very good quality Polk 5.1 system with it. But mostly, I'll use the built in tv speakers ( girlfriend factor as she dislikes louder, better sounding Polks ) Also, we'll be sitting directly in front of the tv and about 10' away.

So, after all this, my question is how loud on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest is the buzzing ? And with the volume on is it really that noticeable ? Thanks in advance.


Well, now I can answer my own question as my 59D7000 arrived yesterday and I set it up today. It's maybe a 2 or 3 at the most It was made 12-31-2011, so it's not even two months old
ferrari fan is offline  
post #3787 of 4123 Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Member
 
WiSH2oo0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered the 51D7000 from Amazon cause of the great reviews I've read. I've never had a plasma before and have a couple questions.

Last night I was watching Netflix useing my Panny BDT210 Blu-Ray player and feel asleep in my recliner at about 10PM then woke up at 4AM this morning. With this Blu-Ray player Netflix don't kick you offline like when I watch Netflix useing my computer. The Blu-Ray player will just dim the screen after about 15mins of no activity. So when I woke up this morning at 4AM the Netflix screen is still showing with all the shows info that I just watched and that nice big red bar at the top of the screen. This happens quite often on weekend nights. So if this happened with my new D7000 would I have IR in my new plasma?
WiSH2oo0 is offline  
post #3788 of 4123 Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 AM
Senior Member
 
JCarls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0 View Post

I just ordered the 51D7000 from Amazon cause of the great reviews I've read. I've never had a plasma before and have a couple questions.

Last night I was watching Netflix useing my Panny BDT210 Blu-Ray player and feel asleep in my recliner at about 10PM then woke up at 4AM this morning. With this Blu-Ray player Netflix don't kick you offline like when I watch Netflix useing my computer. The Blu-Ray player will just dim the screen after about 15mins of no activity. So when I woke up this morning at 4AM the Netflix screen is still showing with all the shows info that I just watched and that nice big red bar at the top of the screen. This happens quite often on weekend nights. So if this happened with my new D7000 would I have IR in my new plasma?

That's a long time to leave a still image on a plasma. the D7000 has several auto-off timer or screen saver-on timer options to prevent this if you use them diligently.
JCarls is offline  
post #3789 of 4123 Old 02-12-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSH2oo0 View Post

I just ordered the 51D7000 from Amazon cause of the great reviews I've read. I've never had a plasma before and have a couple questions.

Last night I was watching Netflix useing my Panny BDT210 Blu-Ray player and feel asleep in my recliner at about 10PM then woke up at 4AM this morning. With this Blu-Ray player Netflix don't kick you offline like when I watch Netflix useing my computer. The Blu-Ray player will just dim the screen after about 15mins of no activity. So when I woke up this morning at 4AM the Netflix screen is still showing with all the shows info that I just watched and that nice big red bar at the top of the screen. This happens quite often on weekend nights. So if this happened with my new D7000 would I have IR in my new plasma?

Just a heads up using that bluray player with the D7000. Hdmi has to be set to 4:4:4 or else 3D movies will be all yellow. Kind of strange. Not sure why. I love the bd210 though.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is offline  
post #3790 of 4123 Old 02-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
JMUdukes07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 315
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Just a heads up using that bluray player with the D7000. Hdmi has to be set to 4:4:4 or else 3D movies will be all yellow. Kind of strange. Not sure why. I love the bd210 though.

I just got the BD210 this past week. Can you explain what you mean by 4:4:4?
JMUdukes07 is offline  
post #3791 of 4123 Old 02-12-2012, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMUdukes07 View Post


I just got the BD210 this past week. Can you explain what you mean by 4:4:4?

Its an option Under player settings/tv.device connection/Hdmi connection/Hdmi color mode.

I believe its already on the setting as default.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is offline  
post #3792 of 4123 Old 02-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Member
 
syntax53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Was just reading http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...alibration.htm and noticed that under their calibration they have cell light set to 30. I assume it's a misprint? Any way to jack that setting up through service menu or anything? I love the TV except for the brightness issue. It's just barely not bright enough for my tastes, especially when watching hockey. I had to put the TV in dynamic mode last night for it to look even remotely good watching hockey.
syntax53 is offline  
post #3793 of 4123 Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Member
 
alexmanny01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung will be coming by on Thursday to fix my tv.
I asked about USB sticks and they are saying there is no fix...

Sigh

Does anyone have a walk through or YouTube vid to do the fix?
I'm on firmware 1015. Thanks
alexmanny01 is offline  
post #3794 of 4123 Old 02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jcalabria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Well... my 51D7000 was delivered around noon today. Unpacked and fired up OK... it's a beautiful set. Now it's killing me having to go back to work and not being able to play! This set is an upgrade to a Panasonic TC-P46S2.

Best part about the new set is that it was almost "free"... got a notice from Citibank that I had a ton of old Driver's Edge credit card rebates (that I had pretty much forgotten about) that were going to expire if I didn't turn them into their new ThankYou points. I did and they were worth $1000 in Amazon gift cards! Between the $1000 head start on the price of the TV and the brightness issues seemingly conquered, it was time to jump on one before 2011 stock dried up.

Commercial AV Design Engineer, CTS-D Certified
TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

jcalabria is offline  
post #3795 of 4123 Old 02-13-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Just a heads up using that bluray player with the D7000. Hdmi has to be set to 4:4:4 or else 3D movies will be all yellow. Kind of strange. Not sure why. I love the bd210 though.

Interesting. I've noticed that manually setting my Oppo bluray to 4:4:4 allows the HDMI black level to be correctly (and automatically) set in the D7000.
AvidHiker is offline  
post #3796 of 4123 Old 02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax53 View Post

Was just reading http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...alibration.htm and noticed that under their calibration they have cell light set to 30. I assume it's a misprint? Any way to jack that setting up through service menu or anything? I love the TV except for the brightness issue. It's just barely not bright enough for my tastes, especially when watching hockey. I had to put the TV in dynamic mode last night for it to look even remotely good watching hockey.

Misprint, 20 is max. Those are somewhat unusual settings they have there. I've found some of the other content in their reviews to be strange as well, not a very reliable source, IMO.
AvidHiker is offline  
post #3797 of 4123 Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Senior Member
 
SRTer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis MO.
Posts: 319
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Something I just noticed. I think the 3D glasses are able to dim the lenses tin from lighter to darker to match the mode you set the tv to like MOVIE, STANDARD, DYNAMIC, ect.

At least that's what it looks like.
SRTer is offline  
post #3798 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM
Member
 
catalyst6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm still slightly pissed about this horizontal "banding" issue on my set. Like I mentioned a few pages back, really only visible on light screens, but it's there. I can't tell if its an issue with the filter or with the phosphors. I'm crossing my fingers that it is a phosphor issue and it will even out over time.

I tried shining a bright light against the TV (when it was off) to see if I could see any oddities in the filter, but I didn't notice anything.

So close to the mythical "perfect" set
catalyst6 is offline  
post #3799 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Member
 
Darthdingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would you guys recommend this TV over the Samsung LED D8000 series ?

I bought the 55" D8000 LED last week, and so far very mixed feelings. If looked at straight dead center, the picture quality is amazing, but move to the side, and off angle viewing drops down significantly, the colors seem to be cut in half, and almost cloudy. To get the best image you have to always watch from the exact center position.

I calibrated the 55D8000 LED, and the blacks watching StarWars BluRay looked pretty darn good, as do the colors, very vibrant and sharp detailed image quality.

But HDTV seems to be hit or miss, Hockey games are almost blinding to the eye, I turned down the settings a bit, but still, it is hard on the eyes, but it does look very clear, the white uniforms are true white, not cream color, but is so bright.
And I do see some sort of light bleed at the very outside edges of this TV, when there is a solid colors on a HDTV channel, like solid red or solid blue, you can see the outside edges are lighter color, not as deep as center image.

But on the other hand I am scared of Plasmas, I hear about the buzzing issues...burn in...very fragile screen breaks easily...
Darthdingo is offline  
post #3800 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 09:53 AM
Member
 
syntax53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post

Would you guys recommend this TV over the Samsung LED D8000 series ?

I bought the 55" D8000 LED last week, and so far very mixed feelings. If looked at straight dead center, the picture quality is amazing, but move to the side, and off angle viewing drops down significantly, the colors seem to be cut in half, and almost cloudy. To get the best image you have to always watch from the exact center position.

I calibrated the 55D8000 LED, and the blacks watching StarWars BluRay looked pretty darn good, as do the colors, very vibrant and sharp detailed image quality.

But HDTV seems to be hit or miss, Hockey games are almost blinding to the eye, I turned down the settings a bit, but still, it is hard on the eyes, but it does look very clear, the white uniforms are true white, not cream color, but is so bright.
And I do see some sort of light bleed at the very outside edges of this TV, when there is a solid colors on a HDTV channel, like solid red or solid blue, you can see the outside edges are lighter color, not as deep as center image.

But on the other hand I am scared of Plasmas, I hear about the buzzing issues...burn in...very fragile screen breaks easily...

I went through the exact same thing as you with a 60" D7000 LED. I had the exact issues you described. Great on center but washed out off center. Calibrated the TV 15 ways to hell for many hours. My best results were with leaving dynamic contrast on medium, unfortunately.

I returned it and got the 59" D7000 plasma. It's much much better in terms of picture quality and angle. Picture is way way way more uniform-- I'm no longer adjusting settings everytime a different TV show comes on. With that said, it's not NEARLY as bright as an LED. It's pretty good for most content, but as soon as anything gets a lot of white on it, it gets pretty dull due to the automatic brightness control. Hockey is especially bad. I've found if you put the TV in dynamic mode it helps tremendously for hockey though. I haven't decided that I'm 100% in love with it yet due to the brightness issues, but it's definitely better than the LED.

edit: yes it does buzz. I rarely notice it so I don't consider it an issue, but I do here it from time to time.
syntax53 is offline  
post #3801 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Darthdingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntax53 View Post

I went through the exact same thing as you with a 60" D7000 LED. I had the exact issues you described. Great on center but washed out off center. Calibrated the TV 15 ways to hell for many hours. My best results were with leaving dynamic contrast on medium, unfortunately.

I returned it and got the 59" D7000 plasma. It's much much better in terms of picture quality and angle. Picture is way way way more uniform-- I'm no longer adjusting settings everytime a different TV show comes on. With that said, it's not NEARLY as bright as an LED. I haven't decided that I'm 100% in love with it yet due to the brightness issues, but it's definitely better than the LED.

edit: yes it does buzz. I rarely notice it so I don't consider it an issue, but I do here it from time to time.

Thanks for the input

Will I be disappointed in the Plasma's lack of vibrant colors, because watching Pixar movies with my daughter the colors just pop off the screen, and the detail is extremely sharp and clear. Does the Plasma at least give that same crisp and detailed image ?

And what about the dreaded burn in ? I read about that and scares me.

And that Plasma screens are very fragile, and can break easily ?
Darthdingo is offline  
post #3802 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
Member
 
syntax53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post

Will I be disappointed in the Plasma's lack of vibrant colors, because watching Pixar movies with my daughter the colors just pop off the screen, and the detail is extremely sharp and clear. Does the Plasma at least give that same crisp and detailed image ?

No you won't be dissapointed, the colors (other than a full screen of white) are still very good and very crisp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post

And what about the dreaded burn in ? I read about that and scares me.

The TV has features to prevent burn-in. I've played many a video game on my 6-year-old plasma that I recently sold and haven't had any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthdingo View Post

And that Plasma screens are very fragile, and can break easily ?

Are you planning on moving it between rooms every day or something? I don't think they are any more fragile than any other flat screen TV.
syntax53 is offline  
post #3803 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Ne0eN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

Does Samsung publish a list of version changes of their firmware? My new PN64D7000 came with 1011 and I'm curious what fixes were added since then.
Ne0eN is offline  
post #3804 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Newbie
 
Prof3ssor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone that received their USB sticks have an issue installing? My TV will not recognize that there is an update available. My guess is that since I am on 1015 and the info.txt file that they sent along w/ the USB stick indicated version 1014.6 that the TV will not upgrade due to a lower version.
Prof3ssor is offline  
post #3805 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 06:56 PM
Newbie
 
Prof3ssor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof3ssor View Post

Anyone that received their USB sticks have an issue installing? My TV will not recognize that there is an update available. My guess is that since I am on 1015 and the info.txt file that they sent along w/ the USB stick indicated version 1014.6 that the TV will not upgrade due to a lower version.

Samsung is sending me a new stick to downgrade from 1015 and then back to 1014.6
Prof3ssor is offline  
post #3806 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Member
 
alexmanny01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 138
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good luck with that.
They told me the same story about a month and a half ago.
Now they say there is no fix.
alexmanny01 is offline  
post #3807 of 4123 Old 02-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Member
 
Ne0eN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone own a Planet Earth BluRay - original BBC edition narrated by David Attenborough. Disc 2, @ 44:13 min I'm getting a lot of pulsating video noise during one of the dark cave scenes. Is it my TV, the disc, or something else not right? (I'm still under break-in using out-of-the-box settings on my PN64D7000)
Ne0eN is offline  
post #3808 of 4123 Old 02-15-2012, 04:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmanny01 View Post

Good luck with that.
They told me the same story about a month and a half ago.
Now they say there is no fix.

Same here. Im not holding my breath. I did Zoyds logic board update and all is well so Im not waiting for Samsung. I may call them just to hear what they say about it though.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
brian6751 is offline  
post #3809 of 4123 Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Newbie
 
johnny31390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everybody, this is my first post here on avsforum so try and not be too harsh on me. =P Ive been planning on getting a new tv and sound system just to spoil myself when Mass Effect 3 is released. Pulling the trigger on a pn51d7000 was my initial intention as its the perfect size for me, I'm usually 4-6ft away from my current 37" tv, so jumping to a 51" would nearly be double the area. My only concern now seems to lay with the black levels. It seems as though the 59+ inchers are the reason for the excellent reviews, and can't seem to find any direct comparisons showing this i.e. cd/m2. Many of the awesome photos posted here and elsewhere seem to only be of the larger sizes. I am no videophile but blacks are a priority, and would like to know if anybody who has upgraded to the larger sizes seen such an improvement that they could not go back.. Any responses would be MUCH appreciated. Thank you.
johnny31390 is offline  
post #3810 of 4123 Old 02-15-2012, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AvidHiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0eN View Post

Hello,

Does Samsung publish a list of version changes of their firmware? My new PN64D7000 came with 1011 and I'm curious what fixes were added since then.

I don't know of a list, but they do have release notes for some versions when they come out.

In your case, I would absolutely NOT download the latest firmware from Samsung. Instead, use the new 1014.6 beta that muffin uploaded (also from Samsung, but not general release):

http://www.mediafire.com/?9yx26qh8bre98j9

1014.6 has worked wonders for my 59D7000. You may want to stick with 1011 and see if you have brightness pops first, but it seems all sets have them to some degree. You can tell if the fix was applied if during the firmware install you see a window pop up that says "optimizing". If not, your only other option is to use zoyd and larry's method, described here (seems it always works):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1389562
AvidHiker is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off