Official Samsung 2011 PNxxD7000 Thread - Page 138 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4111 of 4127 Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I agree with Willie. Samsung usually will replace the panel without any hassle. On the other hand, the replacement panel may not be much better. You may end up with screen non-uniformity in different areas. So check the new replacement screen carefully before signing off on it.

A third party warranty probably is useless with this sort of condition. They will say it is considered a viewing quality issue and is not covered.

In any case never mention viewing habits when submitting a claim.

Larry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4112 of 4127 Old 02-09-2013, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just replaced my directv HR24-500 dvr with the "genie"- HR34-700. The 3D worked fine with the HR24, but won't work with the HR34. Same exact cables for the dvr swap. I'm assuming the problem resides with the dvr, but any known issues with my PN 64D7000?
post #4113 of 4127 Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 AM

Liked: 11
Has anyone noticed cracking forming inside the plastic trim around their PN64? I've owned this set since 2011 and its just started happening now. Ill take some pictures when I get home later, but its INSIDE the plastic frame. You can run your nail across the front and back and not feel the crack, it seems to be inside the plastic. On my set its in the trim at the lower right of the TV, and is affecting about a 4" section of the plastic trim. It was 3" but this morning when I looked it seems to have grown. Is this a known issue that Samsung is aware of. I was thinking of calling Samsung but since the TV is out of warranty I'm not sure they'd even do anything about it.
post #4114 of 4127 Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 PM

Xfinity just installed their new X1 system in my house and the box that is hooked to my Sammy 7000 will allow me to select output resolution. Should I output 1080p/30 or 1080p/60?
post #4115 of 4127 Old 12-03-2013, 03:29 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI View Post

You check the hours on the panel by pressing mute>7>3>7>enter. The time is shown in the MRT item. Exit by turning off the TV.

Larry

Thanks!! Mine was bought October 23, 2011. I utilized break-in slides for most of the first 100 hours, probably 70, or so. Now, it has 3442 hours. Just throwing that out there!

post #4116 of 4127 Old 02-10-2014, 01:52 PM

Liked: 13
Hey guys, maybe you can help me with something that I have noticed very recently. I have owned the 64D7000 for about two years, I bought a 3 year warranty from BB as I knew this was my first ever Plasma and I didn't know what to expect. I have thoroughly enjoyed this tv and the pq that you get from Plasma. Like most owner's of this set, I have had to deal with fbr, which I also promptly did the fix, I still see it from time to time and I have learned to live with it. I mostly watch television shows with the light on and watch blu rays with the lights off. I can live with the fbr that I still see, It doesn't bother me anymore, it is so subtle now it's not worth getting worked up about BUT most recently as December I have started to noticed vertical lines during panning shows, the lines are very very faint, very subtle, I see them mostly on the right side of the screen, mostly with grayish backgrounds, thank god I do not see them during Hockey. At first I thought i was just seeing things, I thought maybe it was the source but I see the lines all the time now, with directv, ps3 and xbox one. The most i have done that might have done anything to effect the set was to hook up the new Xbox One but I'm not sure that is related. I have included a picture here of what I believe is is uniformity.

Now here is the question, should I learn to live with this like fbr or should I try to get it serviced? Now I have been through the whole service thing before with my JVC Lcos and I know that you have to have the patience of Job when dealing with this stuff. What should I do? Toss the dice and see what BB can do for me or just try to be happy for a few more years until something better comes along?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture

XBL GT: The Jastrom

post #4117 of 4127 Old 02-10-2014, 03:27 PM

Ironic. I've seen these lines too recently. Also the only thing I've done different is hook up a new Onkyo Receiver and an Xbox One (if that matters at all).

I haven't disconnected things to see it that is causing some sort of interference...I may try now though.

B
post #4118 of 4127 Old 02-12-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 44

No lines on my 51D7000, but the fluttering pink blotches (like pink clouds or cotton candy) are getting worse.  You can see them in most large open light areas (open sky, hockey rink, etc.)  The Olympics are really bringing them out.  Hours (MRT) are currently at 9864 at exactly two years since purchase.  Damned shame because TV still looks gorgeous otherwise... in fact, most people don't even notice the blotches unless I point them out or its a very obvious situation (not usually in typical programming).

Commercial AV Design Engineer,

TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #4119 of 4127 Old 02-14-2014, 05:53 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalabria View Post

No lines on my 51D7000, but the fluttering pink blotches (like pink clouds or cotton candy) are getting worse.  You can see them in most large open light areas (open sky, hockey rink, etc.)  The Olympics are really bringing them out.  Hours (MRT) are currently at 9864 at exactly two years since purchase.  Damned shame because TV still looks gorgeous otherwise... in fact, most people don't even notice the blotches unless I point them out or its a very obvious situation (not usually in typical programming).

I am assuming yours is calibrated and this isn't the pink effect caused by the contrast being set to high? I have a 57D7000 but am unsure of the hours. I will have to check. I haven't seen that effect yet.
post #4120 of 4127 Old 02-14-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob67 View Post

I am assuming yours is calibrated and this isn't the pink effect caused by the contrast being set to high? I have a 57D7000 but am unsure of the hours. I will have to check. I haven't seen that effect yet.

Yeah... Calibrated and definitely not anything like a primary clipping. In fact, no adjustment makes any difference at all.

Commercial AV Design Engineer,

TWC-Charlotte, 8640HDC/ODN 7.2.0_11

post #4121 of 4127 Old 02-15-2014, 07:13 AM

Liked: 11
Have just seen where the 59" unit is still available for around 1100.

Considering the age of 7000 and comparing the newer units of this size, is it a good value? From what I've gathered, it seems to be a panel that is similar to the present 8500 series, yet is priced right now, at the 5500 series,

Thanks.
post #4122 of 4127 Old 02-15-2014, 09:33 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest68 View Post

Have just seen where the 59" unit is still available for around 1100.

Considering the age of 7000 and comparing the newer units of this size, is it a good value? From what I've gathered, it seems to be a panel that is similar to the present 8500 series, yet is priced right now, at the 5500 series,

Thanks.

I think it is one of the best sets I have owned. I would say, unless you can find one of the few remaining Panasonic plasmas from last year, this is a great deal.
post #4123 of 4127 Old 02-16-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob67 View Post

I think it is one of the best sets I have owned. I would say, unless you can find one of the few remaining Panasonic plasmas from last year, this is a great deal.

What he said smile.gif

It is a fine set.

mobilelawyer
at your service
post #4124 of 4127 Old 08-29-2014, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 69
How are the black levels for ya'll now on these sets?

Mine has over 6,000 hours on it, and last night was the first time I thought something was seriously screwed up with the blacks. Not that they were ever great to begin with, but they had a legitimate gray look to them, and it wasn't even close. I played TASM2 on it, and I thought it was a PS4 settings issue. I can't seem to locate what that issue would be though, so I'm chalking it up to my blacks finally rising, and badly.

Anybody else getting this?
post #4125 of 4127 Old 08-30-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post
How are the black levels for ya'll now on these sets?

Mine has over 6,000 hours on it, and last night was the first time I thought something was seriously screwed up with the blacks. Not that they were ever great to begin with, but they had a legitimate gray look to them, and it wasn't even close. I played TASM2 on it, and I thought it was a PS4 settings issue. I can't seem to locate what that issue would be though, so I'm chalking it up to my blacks finally rising, and badly.

Anybody else getting this?
Nevermind, turns out it must be a combination of the PS4 and my TV and their settings. When I disable 1080p/24Hz it seems to look as it normally does. Problem is though, now I'm watching in 60Hz and I don't much prefer that.

I wonder what's going on here, or if anybody else also has the same issues. Keep in mind there is still the issue when I turn off CS with that 1080p/24Hz option enabled, so I think there's something else going on with the PS4 that's making this happen.
post #4126 of 4127 Old 09-01-2014, 01:14 PM

I went power on my 51d7000 this morning, the Samsung Smart TV displayed, then displayed the input, then powers off and starts all over again at the Smart TV logo.

I did some searching and read about the weak capacitors (I don't think this applies to my TV), then read it could be the power module board or the main control board.

Any thoughts or anyone have this happen.

I'll kill a man in a fair fight. Or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly when I'm gettin' paid - Jayne
post #4127 of 4127 Old 09-01-2014, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Boot loops are usually caused by a faulty main board. Easy to replace.

-----

Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page