Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 4123 Old 04-17-2011, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelpr View Post

I'm expecting my PN59D7000 this Friday and I'm trying to get the tv mount ready for when the tv arrives. Can someone give me the distance from the top mounting holes on the back of the tv to the top of the tv and the distance from the bottom mounting holes to the bottom of the tv? I tried checking on a floor model at BB but don't know if I got them right (9in from the bottom holes to the bottom of the tv and 8in for the top distance?)

I got the same on mine.

Center of the top mounting holes to the top of the TV = 8"

Center of the bottom mounting holes to the bottom of the TV = 9"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 4123 Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 PM

So the one pixel is black on a green and white screen, but okay on a blue or red screen.

The other is black on a red and white screen only.

Not sure how plasmas work, but is this something that might resolve itself? I definitely can't see the pixels from my seating position, so I think I am going to try to not worry about it. My in-laws had their LCD panel replaced, but their stuck pixels were green all the time, which stood out way more from the seating position. Ignorance would have been bliss.
post #543 of 4123 Old 04-17-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isyoox View Post

So the one pixel is black on a green and white screen, but okay on a blue or red screen.

The other is black on a red and white screen only.

Not sure how plasmas work, but is this something that might resolve itself? I definitely can't see the pixels from my seating position, so I think I am going to try to not worry about it. My in-laws had their LCD panel replaced, but their stuck pixels were green all the time, which stood out way more from the seating position. Ignorance would have been bliss.

I don't think it would hurt to try something like this: http://udpix.free.fr/
post #544 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 AM

Does anyone know if this d7000 is the same as the PSxxd6900 in th UK? If not, anyone know the difference?
Cheers.
post #545 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychamp View Post

Thanks. Will try it. Watched some TV last night and I couldn't spot the two pixels even when trying really hard, so I think I am just going to not worry about it otherwise. I ran some break in screens and on the white screen one of the pixels looked like it had some pink leaking out, instead of being completely black like before. I am hoping maybe the pixels start working, like I have read has happened, but I probably won't even notice them again because I'm not going to look for them anymore.
post #546 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theclam2008 View Post

Does anyone know if this d7000 is the same as the PSxxd6900 in th UK? If not, anyone know the difference?
Cheers.

In terms of physical differences, I believe the UK D6900 doesn't have the RBF.
post #547 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koffas View Post

In terms of physical differences, I believe the UK D6900 doesn't have the RBF.

So I'm looking at spending £700 extra to get the real black filter? Ouch =(
post #548 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Just got my PN59D7000 delivered from Crutchfield on Fri. with the free 3D bundle. Crutchfield is very competitive pricewise on this set. Didn't do the white glove thing, but the two freight guys carried it into the room for me. Box was perfect, and has this little drop/impact dongle thing that tells you if the box was dropped/mishandled abnormally. It was not...

A few quick observations of the set. Picture is outstanding right out of the box. It was in movie mode when I fired it up. I must say the picture is quite possibly the best I've seen. Regular DTV HD is beautiful, and Blu Ray is of course even better. Watched Tron Legacy 3D and it was perfect. No ghosting at all. Tron is more subtle 3d in the style of Avatar, where it's more of a depth thing, verses 3d where stuff is coming/flying at you. Looked very, very good. Black levels are excellent imho. Haven't tried the 2-3d conversion yet. Did not do the firmware update yet either due to the issues reported here. Buzzing on this set is noticeable only if I put my ear almost on the set in a totally silent room. A complete non-issue I'm happy to report. Did notice the dimming issue on the Apps screen, but never on the blu ray movie or the DTV sat feed. On the apps it seems to dim when it's on a static screen like Netflix's red screen and the app screen when it's first enabled. Once "into" the app I never noticed it again...? Hopefully it doesn't show up on the other sources.

So far I can say the 59d7000 has exceeded my expectations, and as I get to play with settings more it will only get better.
post #549 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylane44 View Post

Just got my PN59D7000 delivered from Crutchfield on Fri. with the free 3D bundle. Crutchfield is very competitive pricewise on this set. Didn't do the white glove thing, but the two freight guys carried it into the room for me. Box was perfect, and has this little drop/impact dongle thing that tells you if the box was dropped/mishandled abnormally. It was not...

A few quick observations of the set. Picture is outstanding right out of the box. It was in movie mode when I fired it up. I must say the picture is quite possibly the best I've seen. Regular DTV HD is beautiful, and Blu Ray is of course even better. Watched Tron Legacy 3D and it was perfect. No ghosting at all. Tron is more subtle 3d in the style of Avatar, where it's more of a depth thing, verses 3d where stuff is coming/flying at you. Looked very, very good. Black levels are excellent imho. Haven't tried the 2-3d conversion yet. Did not do the firmware update yet either due to the issues reported here. Buzzing on this set is noticeable only if I put my ear almost on the set in a totally silent room. A complete non-issue I'm happy to report. Did notice the dimming issue on the Apps screen, but never on the blu ray movie or the DTV sat feed. On the apps it seems to dim when it's on a static screen like Netflix's red screen and the app screen when it's first enabled. Once "into" the app I never noticed it again...? Hopefully it doesn't show up on the other sources.

So far I can say the 59d7000 has exceeded my expectations, and as I get to play with settings more it will only get better.

I share the same sentiments Ricky. I too bought it from Crutchfield since they had competitive pricing, for once! I only have the 51" and I was worried that the black levels would be a problem on this smaller size. But comparing it to the c8000 I had earlier, the blacks seem far superior. I really feel like I have finally found the holy grail of plasmas with this one. I'm looking forward to seeing some calibration settings, but even tweaking it on my own I am very happy with the picture. I notice the dimming shifts at times too, but even if that is never fixed through firmware I will be ok with it. I notice the buzzing, but only at near zero volume levels when I am sitting about 9' away or so. No biggy. I also noticed that IR has been very good with this set compared to the c8000 I had before.

Overall I love this very very capable tv. Well worth the price.
post #550 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmatron View Post

I share the same sentiments Ricky. I too bought it from Crutchfield since they had competitive pricing, for once! I only have the 51" and I was worried that the black levels would be a problem on this smaller size. But comparing it to the c8000 I had earlier, the blacks seem far superior. I really feel like I have finally found the holy grail of plasmas with this one. I'm looking forward to seeing some calibration settings, but even tweaking it on my own I am very happy with the picture. I notice the dimming shifts at times too, but even if that is never fixed through firmware I will be ok with it. I notice the buzzing, but only at near zero volume levels when I am sitting about 9' away or so. No biggy. I also noticed that IR has been very good with this set compared to the c8000 I had before.

+2 here! This Wednesday, it will be 1 week since I recieved my 59D7000 from Vanns. No diming issue, and no hum, even when a few inches away. Picture is spectacular, and I'm blown away how thin the tv is for a plasma, looks like a new led lcd. I think Samsung hit a home run here.......Oh and I have avoided doing a firmware update as well, "if it ain't broke......"
post #551 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Congrats! It always fun playing with a new toy. Feel free to post pics of your setup.

As far as the incremental dimming within apps, I had the same issue (Netlix, Pandora, any static screen). It mysteriously went away after I entered/exited the service menu.
post #552 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 05:12 PM

For the third time, can any D7000 owners confirm that they are able to upgrade their firmware?

Thanks,

Zeth
post #553 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetherin View Post

For the third time, can any D7000 owners confirm that they are able to upgrade their firmware?

Thanks,

Zeth

Nope. Not me anyways. Stuck with 1003 for now. Think they pulled the buggy one.
post #554 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks,

Zeth

I was able to the day it came out.
post #555 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks,

Zeth

I'll go check.

So, koffas, that's all you did? Enter and exit?
post #556 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:

I too also bought from Crutchfield, Receieved my 3d glasses starter kit today and my 59d8000 comes tomorrow. Im so excited
post #557 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:

Nope. Not me anyways. Stuck with 1003 for now. Think they pulled the buggy one.

Yeah, that's what I think. It doesn't show an available upgrade. Anyway, thanks guys.
post #558 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz11 View Post

I got the same on mine.

Center of the top mounting holes to the top of the TV = 8"

Center of the bottom mounting holes to the bottom of the TV = 9"

Thanks for the measurements. Hard to believe but this will be my first flat screen (I do have a 100" screen with a projector in the basement but only 720p). I've been working on remodeling my family room just for this tv since last September. Actually, I almost got the PNC7000, glad I waited. My setup should look pretty amazing when it's all said and done.
post #559 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBook Pro View Post
Hey guys,

I've been tempted to upgrade to a D series since they were announced. I spoil myself a bit on TVs and like to upgrade frequently. I'm coming from a PN58C8000 and I'll be curious to compare the two in terms of performance.

I had my C calibrated and I'm happy to post those settings to help you fellas out. The Ds correct settings shouldn't be too far off.

cl 20
contrast 90
brightness 45
sharpness 0
color 45-48 for tv/film - 55 for video games
tint 49/51

advanced
bt darkest
dynamic contrast off
gamma +2
color space custom
red 39 3 7
green 46 63 0
blue 3 0 54
yellow 55 52 8
cyan 37 50 50
magenta 38 1 64

wb 30-29-28-23-18-24
flesh tone -1
edge enhancement on

pic options
Tone: warm 2
size: 16:9
noise filter: off
MPEG noise: off
hdmi black: low
MJC off

Again, these settings won't perfectly translate to the D series as some of these features are discontinued. Hope they help though.

My 64D7000 should arrive on Thursday. I ordered it for $2669 (no tax & free shipping) from EastCoastTVs.

I'll be happy to post pictures, impressions, settings, and any other information you guys request when I take delivery.

Feel free to post or PM me with any questions in advance and I'll respond appropriately. You guys have helped me so its the least I can do.

Sorry for the lengthy post.
Have you received it yet.?
post #560 of 4123 Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 PM

How good does this TV perform during daylight? I'm planning on buying a plasma but the reflectiveness is holding me back a bit
post #561 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurillo21 View Post

How good does this TV perform during daylight? I'm planning on buying a plasma but the reflectiveness is holding me back a bit

I was worried about that too, because I live in a big open loft where one wall is nothing but 20 feet of glass. The tv is up against that wall, but the room is pretty full of light. My last tv was a DLP RPTV so the screen was matte, but I've been really happy with the D7000. The only reflection I notice is when the bright kitchen light is on directly behind the couch. Other than that I sometimes see the white pillar next to my couch when the sun is coming in and lighting it up, but that reflection is pretty dull and the tv's bright enough that it doesn't distract me.
post #562 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 AM

A quick pic (hope I did it right, first time newb) of my setup with new 59D7000 I just got Fri from Crutchfield! Love it so far!!!
LL
post #563 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 AM

Anyone have settings they use to make the ice for hockey not gray and dirty looking? Watching the NHL playoffs leaves me wanting...
post #564 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 84
Quote:

A quick pic (hope I did it right, first time newb) of my setup with new 59D7000 I just got Fri from Crutchfield! Love it so far!!!

Nice pic Rickylane
post #565 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Whew, that's a tight fit
post #566 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRrobin981 View Post

I'll go check.

So, koffas, that's all you did? Enter and exit?

Yup.
post #567 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 11:21 AM

My TV shows 1007 Firmware (PN51D7000) btw. Is this because it is at the firmware level that I am not seeing the YUPP TV app? Also what are the issues with 1007 firmware.. should I talk to Samsung support ?
post #568 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 12:19 PM

Yeah, actually ordered the cabinet for our 50", before I decided to get the 59". It's sitting just outside the cabinet about a 1/2". Worked out perfectly. Might not "breathe" enough if I push it back.
post #569 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychamp View Post

I've got a stuck pixel on my 64D8000; and I would like to try this pixel fix program. However, I need some help in just what to do. Do I download the program to a flash drive, or a dvd, and then run just like I was running break-in slides. BTW, has anyone tried this program and has successful results?
post #570 of 4123 Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
d7000 seems like best bang for buck this year!
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page