http://www.samsungusanews.com/2011/0...ble-than-ever/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
how long should you leave the tv on while running break in slides? how long of a break should you give the tv?
post #903 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
well i ordered the d700 from bb over the weekend but i canceled it the next day
they where chargeing me for the free kit they took money off the tv and half off the kit
but in the end i was paying for it so iam geting my tv from another place
post #904 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp_williams View Post

Awesome. Do let us know as many people are in the same boat. I talked to a chat rep about the same issue:

"Randy B: I recommend you to contact rebate fulfillment center at 1-800-635-8478 for further assistance."

I will be doing that on my lunch break and will let you know the outcome.

can the 64d7000 handle pip with 2 direct tv boxes? or does it work another way?
post #905 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
That is what happened to me on a price match at BB. I still came out less if I had paid for BB sale price and got the 3D kit for free so I played along.

On that note I got the 64D8000 for less than the 64D7000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz3 View Post

well i ordered the d700 from bb over the weekend but i canceled it the next day
they where chargeing me for the free kit they took money off the tv and half off the kit
but in the end i was paying for it so iam geting my tv from another place

post #906 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
However, if you don't have ARC you won't be able to stream the lossless audio codecs. Granted there probably isn't a lot of streaming content using lossless, but it is a limitation.

Quote:

Everyone should read my definitive answers:

If you stream something (Netflix, etc) over the internet to your TV the audio comes out your TV, not your stereo. If you have your TV connected to a AV Receiver through HDMI (where the video and/or audio usually go from AV Receiver to the TV) then ARC (Audio Return Channel) can send the audio back the opposite direction down the same HDMI cable from TV to AV Receiver - and you can blast the sound out of your massive speaker set up rather than the puny TV speakers. Make sense?

It's not a problem though: two options to rectify this: use an optical cable to send the audio from the TV to the AV Receiver or just stream it to your Blu-ray player which should be connected directly to the AV Receiver. Problem solved.

post #907 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Small update - After talking to a supervisor I am now waiting on a callback while they research the promotion. She mentioned she had read something about it but it doesn't sound like the call centers are being trained or informed properly. I'll post again when I hear back from them.

"my credenza allows me to conceal tech geekiness...while giving a euro cabinet furniture impression... " - jaybrubin
post #908 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae3cpamd View Post

When using PIP, one screen must be from the TVs RF tuner (through the coax input) and one other source (HDMI, Component, PC). This is the only option.

This can be found on page 135 of the PN64D7000 Users Manual found here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ATSCA-1007.pdf
post #909 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 11:02 AM

I've been waiting impatiently to get my hands on a 59" D7000 here in Canada and now a Google search turns up a guy claiming this: "That's because there is no D7000 plasma in Canada. D6500 and D8000 only."

He makes it sound like we'll never get it, if so WTF seriously? I don't want to spend the extra hundreds for little benefit on the D8000 and I like the look of the D7000 better. I also don't want to ship from the US, I like to buy stuff like this local in case something goes wrong.

Edit: Great some guy confirmed it with a dealer here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post20274536. Pisses me right off. Canadians get screwed again, the D7000 is the most desirable in the series so of course we don't get it.

Edit 2: Actually Samsung's site confirms it too. The 8 series shows D8000, 6 series shows D6500 but the 7 series still shows C7000. http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/t...ype=subtype_p2 Dammit Samsung, I'm going to bitch at them tell them they've lost at least one sale if they don't bring it.
post #910 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It has arrived. A 64d7000 is sitting in my living room, still boxed up, like a sleeping dragon.

I opened the box upon delivery, and it appears to have arrived intact. The box is almost a foot thick, for a 1.5 inch thick TV. That's a lot of styrofoam packaging.

Tonight, I will attempt to give this baby wings and hang it on the wall. Stay tuned.
post #911 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:

When using PIP, one screen must be from the TVs RF tuner (through the coax input) and one other source (HDMI, Component, PC). This is the only option.

This can be found on page 135 of the PN64D7000 Users Manual found here:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...ATSCA-1007.pdf

Thanks dp.... i might go for the sports bar look on the wall in my basement 1 64d7000 in the middle with a 51d7000 flanked on each side with articulati ng mounts. would be great for nfl, college fb and the ncca bb tourney. would need 3 directv boxes to pull this off!
post #912 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:

One option you might look at is getting an RF modulator like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8V3063...4537200&sr=8-2

If one of your DirectTV box has either an S-Video or Composite output, you can hook that to the RF Modulator and then to the RF tuner input (the coax jack). Change the source on the TV to antenna (I think) and put it to channel three. Hook the other DirectTV box through HDMI as usual. Then hit the PiP button and you're in business!

The only drawback is that the video going through the RF Modulator won't be in HD.
post #913 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:

This is "normal" according to Samsung and they wont do anything about it. Be happy it's not as bad as mpestrada.

Was that directed at me? I wasn't complaining, was trying to imply that the buzzing is negligible

I also neglected to mention that's when it's at it's absolute worst, depends on the scene
post #914 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychamp View Post

Was that directed at me? I wasn't complaining, was trying to imply that the buzzing is negligible

I also neglected to mention that's when it's at it's absolute worst, depends on the scene

Gotcha. No complaining. I just wanted to provide the contrast between your experience and others with a terrible experience and what Samsung would potentially do about it.

My PN64D7000 was delivered last night but I didn't get a chance to check how bad the buzzing is. I hope it's as good or better than yours!
post #915 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Gotcha. No complaining. I just wanted to provide the contrast between your experience and others with a terrible experience and what Samsung would potentially do about it.

My PN64D7000 was delivered last night but I didn't get a chance to check how bad the buzzing is. I hope it's as good or better than yours!

Crossing fingers for ya!
post #916 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:03 PM

My PN64D7000 was delivered intact and is operational.
Looks good, but is sitting on the floor until I can get it on my stand, and when my wall mount comes the stand goes away in favor of a component cabinet (part of grandson-proofing the house).
I was a little worried after reading of others problems with their Amazon purchase using Home Direct shipping.
Mine was handed off to a local outfit, B & H Moving for final delivery.
No White Gloves treatment, they just made sure that the TV would power on, but an acceptable experience.

Looking forward to getting out the DVE and fine-tuning.

And didn't notice any buzzing yet, will listen closely tonight.
post #917 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:

Thanks dp.... i might go for the sports bar look on the wall in my basement 1 64d7000 in the middle with a 51d7000 flanked on each side with articulati ng mounts. would be great for nfl, college fb and the ncca bb tourney. would need 3 directv boxes to pull this off!

DirecTV will be more than happy to take your money and send more boxes. Me, I've got the other problem, way too many boxes.
post #918 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wermey View Post

how long should you leave the tv on while running break in slides? how long of a break should you give the tv?

Right around 0 hours, but I'm in the break in is a bunch of hooey category

To answer your question though, it seems like the consensus is about 150-200hrs, and a lot of people start it right before they go to bed and let it run overnight, regular viewing in Movie Mode in between that, avoiding anything not full screen. So it would take about 2 weeks to do.

As soon as I got the TV I watched what I wanted, letter box, static images, logos, whatever. No IR or any other issues. To each their own, I have more faith in the tech I guess. Don't get me wrong though, I do keep things like Pixel Shift enabled just in case
post #919 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:27 PM

I don't know if anyone tried these settings from the 8000 thread but I think it looks great on my 59" set, especially w/PS3 BluRay. A little dark for day time viewing but you can try increasing cell light/contrast to counter that.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...postcount=1307
post #920 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpestrada74 View Post

So before I went to work I turned the TV off (I let the burn-in disc run overnight). After twenty minutes or so I turned the TV back on and now there is no buzzing. I started up the burn-in disc again and left for the day. My wife calls and says the buzzing is back. She also mentions that the buzzing gets louder and quieter as the colors shift on the burn-in disc.

On another note, I'm on the phone with Samsung and the rep from Executive Customer Relations is telling me that the promotion for the two glasses or the starter kit is only good with "participating retailers". I explained to her that their press release doesn't make any mention of that and she tells me that the press release is wrong.

I asked to be transferred to a manager or supervisor since I'm confident that she's misinformed. Been on hold for 10 minutes now.

Quote:

Awesome. Do let us know as many people are in the same boat. I talked to a chat rep about the same issue:

"Randy B: I recommend you to contact rebate fulfillment center at 1-800-635-8478 for further assistance."

I will be doing that on my lunch break and will let you know the outcome.

There was no mention of the 3D Kit when I ordered my PN64D7000, and one didn't show up with the TV.
I called Amazon and they had me order the kit then they credited my account. It'll be here on the 6th.
post #921 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dettxw View Post

There was no mention of the 3D Kit when I ordered my PN64D7000, and one didn't show up with the TV.
I called Amazon and they had me order the kit then they credited my account. It'll be here on the 6th.

Did you buy direct from Amazon?

"my credenza allows me to conceal tech geekiness...while giving a euro cabinet furniture impression... " - jaybrubin
post #922 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 01:53 PM

Also, can the buzzing be caused by a surge protector? Someone suggested plugging it directly into the wall and bypassing the surge protector altogether.

post #923 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Also, can the buzzing be caused by a surge protector? Someone suggested plugging it directly into the wall and bypassing the surge protector altogether.

You always want to remove any variable when possible to troubleshoot. I'm not sure exactly how a defective surge protector would cause buzzing but it's worth a shot. A lot easier to replace a SP than a TV If you have another outlet close enough I'd try that too
post #924 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:

Did you buy direct from Amazon?

IIRC the Amazon product page said that it was sold by Paul's TV but fulfilled by Amazon. It's different right now as Amazon is temporarily out and the listing is for one of their Marketplace affiliates.
Looking at my order history it says sold by Amazon.
Interesting that the price of the 3D starter kit jumped $60 from last week when I ordered the TV, though of course still much cheaper than list at BB.
post #925 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZamora View Post

Well I just pulled the trigger on a 64d7000 from EastCoast. I should have it by next weekend. When I get it I am gonna compare it side to side to my 58V10. By the way I upgraded to In home white glove delivery or should I have stayed with regular ground shipping for a $100 less? Oh well its done.

Did you get the 3D starter kit from them with your purchase? I am thinking of puchasing from them.
post #926 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepostman View Post

Did you get the 3D starter kit from them with your purchase? I am thinking of puchasing from them.

No I didn't they told me I needed to take that up withe Samsung. So I'll be giving Samsung a call when my TV arrives!
post #927 of 4123 Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychamp View Post

You always want to remove any variable when possible to troubleshoot. I'm not sure exactly how a defective surge protector would cause buzzing but it's worth a shot. A lot easier to replace a SP than a TV If you have another outlet close enough I'd try that too

Plugged the tv directly into the wall and I haven't noticed the buzzing. I also haven't ran the burn in disc either but it seems to have done the trick....for now.

Also waiting to hear back from Samsung and how they plan to honor their new glasses promotion. The supervisor said she remember reading something about it but she never heard anything official. While I would obviously love the starter kit, I'd be happy with just getting the 2 sets of glasses.

post #928 of 4123 Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloimplant View Post

I've been waiting impatiently to get my hands on a 59" D7000 here in Canada and now a Google search turns up a guy claiming this: "That's because there is no D7000 plasma in Canada. D6500 and D8000 only."

He makes it sound like we'll never get it, if so WTF seriously? I don't want to spend the extra hundreds for little benefit on the D8000 and I like the look of the D7000 better. I also don't want to ship from the US, I like to buy stuff like this local in case something goes wrong.

Edit: Great some guy confirmed it with a dealer here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...6#post20274536. Pisses me right off. Canadians get screwed again, the D7000 is the most desirable in the series so of course we don't get it.

Edit 2: Actually Samsung's site confirms it too. The 8 series shows D8000, 6 series shows D6500 but the 7 series still shows C7000. http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/t...ype=subtype_p2 Dammit Samsung, I'm going to bitch at them tell them they've lost at least one sale if they don't bring it.

My local Future Shop guy says they will get the 7000's but they were delayed because some of the parts come from Japan............he said it should be about two weeks from now.
post #929 of 4123 Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 AM

Any of you guys have any problems with the Samsung remote App working with the I-Pad to work the TV?
post #930 of 4123 Old 05-05-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post

My local Future Shop guy says they will get the 7000's but they were delayed because some of the parts come from Japan............he said it should be about two weeks from now.

I would love confirmation on this, because I've heard otherwise. Canada will not get the D7000. I hope your Future Shop guy is right.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Bd D7000 3d Blu Ray Disc Player Silver , Samsung Pn51d7000 51 Inch 1080p 600hz 3d Plasma Hdtv With Pn51d7000 Bdd5500 3d Blu Ray Player 2 Ssg
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page