Official Panasonic GT30 Series Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 128 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3811 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon_Kid View Post

BB is off my shopping list for now. went into a BB on thurs and every panel i wanted was "its out of stock and we are not getting any more", plus their prices are way high. i cant figure out why they keep out of stock items on the wall.

Costco seemed to have the best deals on the panels they had.

I got ours thru Amazon for one thing the price was about $235 less than B.B at the time. iIjust checked Amazon again and they are showing the 55" and 65" models on hand. I did not check the prices however. And with the money I saved I grabbed a new BR player nd pair of 3Active glasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3812 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 07:50 AM

Liked: 10
Ummmmm where are the break out cables for PC VGA input and component inputs? I found nothing in box!? Can anybody help me out on where these break out cables should be located in this HUGE box? They must be hiding somewhere or missing from my set.
post #3813 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkb24 View Post

Ummmmm where are the break out cables for PC VGA input and component inputs? I found nothing in box!? Can anybody help me out on where these break out cables should be located in this HUGE box? They must be hiding somewhere or missing from my set.

It's been awhile since I unpacked my box - but it seems that all the cables were in a plastic bag along with the owners manual, warranty info, etc.

post #3814 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post

It's been awhile since I unpacked my box - but it seems that all the cables were in a plastic bag along with the owners manual, warranty info, etc.

Same here.
post #3815 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 08:35 AM

Empty. Damn it. Just had remote and battery's in it.
post #3816 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
[quote=johnkb24;21728322]Empty. Damn it.[/QU]
Did you get it at a store, or internet? Was it an open box? Should have been in a plastic bag as others mentioned.
post #3817 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 AM

[quote=Noonin;21728336]
Quote:

Empty. Damn it.[/QU]
Did you get it at a store, or internet? Was it an open box? Should have been in a plastic bag as others mentioned.

Brand new, untouched box from Best Buy last night. Just had manual and remote/batteries in plastic bag. Bag was sealed.
post #3818 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 09:55 AM

[quote=johnkb24;21728561]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonin View Post

Brand new, untouched box from Best Buy last night. Just had manual and remote/batteries in plastic bag. Bag was sealed.

I would tell you to double check the box, but, all my stuff was in the bag with the remote, so it sounds like there was a mishap.
post #3819 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

[quote=johnkb24;21728561]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonin View Post

I'd check back with Best Buy - they should provide you with all accessories as described on p.9 of the owners manual.

post #3820 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVizio View Post

I see. I got mine at BB also. Just curious, did you get the warranty from them? It's a huge chunk of change for four years, but I think I'm going to do it. It covers everything. I'm hoping in another year or so when I decide to upgrade it may increase the resale value.

If I was buying a used TV from someone and it had a couple of years of BB coverage on it I would def feel more secure in that purchase.

Still debating though....

Nope, didn't get the warranty. Don't think I'll upgrade for a long time. Kept my 46" LCD for 4-5 years. Would probably nice for peace of mind but I'm not even sure how much it was.

I seem to recall reading a few times about dead pixels shorting out and completely messing up a display. I'm assuming that's not really accurate, or those displays must have had major issues to begin with?
post #3821 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 11:33 AM

[quote=ggsantafe;21728605]
Quote:

I'd check back with Best Buy - they should provide you with all accessories as described on p.9 of the owners manual.

Nope. They told me to call Panasonic or I can return TV. If the only thing missing is these break out cables and my TV has no real issues. I'm happy. But it's always something with me. No luck. Time to call Panny...
post #3822 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 11:42 AM

I have the 65gt30 and every now and then I see a red line go across the screen. It doesn't even last 1/2 of a second and it has only happened 3 times in the week if owning it. I'm not sure if it is a TV issue or a hdmi issue. The hdmi is 30' long and it is 22 awg (from monoprice). I don't want to be outside the return peroid and find out that there is an issue with the tv.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool.
post #3823 of 4163 Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=johnkb24;21728958]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsantafe View Post

Nope. They told me to call Panasonic or I can return TV. If the only thing missing is these break out cables and my TV has no real issues. I'm happy. But it's always something with me. No luck. Time to call Panny...

That's too bad - if you don't need the cables I wouldn't worry about it - if you do - you can order replacements here:http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/EpartR/PartsList.asp

post #3824 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

I have the 65gt30 and every now and then I see a red line go across the screen. It doesn't even last 1/2 of a second and it has only happened 3 times in the week if owning it. I'm not sure if it is a TV issue or a hdmi issue. The hdmi is 30' long and it is 22 awg (from monoprice). I don't want to be outside the return peroid and find out that there is an issue with the tv.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Perhaps someone else here will be more familiar with what you're describing, but I would at least consider the HDMI a culprit. I love monoprice to death, but I ordered 3 HDMIs from them a few weeks back, and out of no where, one of them just died on me. Of course they replaced it, but being that you have a 30 footer, that seems like a lot more room for error.

I know the general consensus with HDMI is either it will work or it won't, but if possible you should hook up a shorter cable and test it our for a while.

Also, can you give any more details? The reason I ask is because I'm susceptible to red, green, blue and yellow flashes on my set. It's the whole phosphor decay rainbow effect. Just wondering if that's it. It's not really noticeable in bright lighting, but at night I can see them.
post #3825 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Johnkb24

"Ummmmm where are the break out cables for PC VGA input and component inputs? I found nothing in box!? Can anybody help me out on where these break out cables should be located in this HUGE box? They must be hiding somewhere or missing from my set."

My cables were in a plastic bag taped to the bottom of one of the styrofoam supports in the box.The remote and batteries were in a different plastic bag. The instruction manual was in a third plastic bag. Make sure you look everywhere before calling or returning the TV.

Bob
post #3826 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:

Perhaps someone else here will be more familiar with what you're describing, but I would at least consider the HDMI a culprit. I love monoprice to death, but I ordered 3 HDMIs from them a few weeks back, and out of no where, one of them just died on me. Of course they replaced it, but being that you have a 30 footer, that seems like a lot more room for error.

I know the general consensus with HDMI is either it will work or it won't, but if possible you should hook up a shorter cable and test it our for a while.

Also, can you give any more details? The reason I ask is because I'm susceptible to red, green, blue and yellow flashes on my set. It's the whole phosphor decay rainbow effect. Just wondering if that's it. It's not really noticeable in bright lighting, but at night I can see them.

The line is about pixel thick that runs the distance of the screen and flashes only for about .25 of a second. It doesn't do it very often and getting another source closer to try to replicate the issue would be difficult. I haven't noticed any rainbow effects.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a pool.
post #3827 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoblK View Post

Johnkb24

"Ummmmm where are the break out cables for PC VGA input and component inputs? I found nothing in box!? Can anybody help me out on where these break out cables should be located in this HUGE box? They must be hiding somewhere or missing from my set."

My cables were in a plastic bag taped to the bottom of one of the styrofoam supports in the box.The remote and batteries were in a different plastic bag. The instruction manual was in a third plastic bag. Make sure you look everywhere before calling or returning the TV.

Bob

This is how mine was packaged also.

post #3828 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 06:58 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

This is how mine was packaged also.

Yep..same here and we actually almost didin't see or find them right away. At least the good part is they made sure they didn't go flying around inside the box.
post #3829 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM

Not sure if this issue... But at friends house watching tv, on 60" gt30, the picture seems to switch from dark to bright... Is there a issue? Or is it something in settings?

Pioneer Plasma 151fd
Oppo BDP-93
post #3830 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY613 View Post

Not sure if this issue... But at friends house watching tv, on 60" gt30, the picture seems to switch from dark to bright... Is there a issue? Or is it something in settings?

I had the same thing happen to me, it was some eco auto dimming feature (I'll see if I can find the setting for it and let you know). I turned it off and it no longer did that.

This is what a forum member told me

Standard has an auto dimming mode for eco purposes.You will notice the brightness shift especially during basketball/hockey games due to the camera flashes triggering it.

All other modes don't have that feature unless c.a.t.s is enabled.

post #3831 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denon_Kid View Post

BB is off my shopping list for now. went into a BB on thurs and every panel i wanted was "its out of stock and we are not getting any more", plus their prices are way high. i cant figure out why they keep out of stock items on the wall.

I agree with Best Buy's prices. I'm surprised they sell anything with the prices they have on the majority of their items.
post #3832 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb32 View Post

I agree with Best Buy's prices. I'm surprised they sell anything with the prices they have on the majority of their items.

I got a killer deal from BB on my 65GT30. But it was months of checking, waiting for one of their sales. They still have my set for the same price I got it for. And it's still a $100 cheaper than the 65ST30.
post #3833 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:

I got a killer deal from BB on my 65GT30. But it was months of checking, waiting for one of their sales. They still have my set for the same price I got it for. And it's still a $100 cheaper than the 65ST30.

Do you mind if you can share the price... wondering how much it is. I'm looking for buying a 65GT30.
post #3834 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 11:26 PM

Hi folks, I noticed my local sears has a 50" GT30 display model for under $1K that does still come with a full manufacture warranty.

Does anyone think it is worth it or a good idea? What should i look for?
Or should i perhaps wait for the ST50's to start coming in?

Would a ST50 possibly be better than last years GT30's even in terms of brightness performance for example?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance.
post #3835 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram48335 View Post

Do you mind if you can share the price... wondering how much it is. I'm looking for buying a 65GT30.

I pm'd you the info.
post #3836 of 4163 Old 03-04-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparisi View Post

Hi folks, I noticed my local sears has a 50" GT30 display model for under $1K that does still come with a full manufacture warranty.

Does anyone think it is worth it or a good idea? What should i look for?
Or should i perhaps wait for the ST50's to start coming in?

Would a ST50 possibly be better than last years GT30's even in terms of brightness performance for example?

Sorry for all the questions, and thanks in advance.

If it came with the warranty, and it's a good deal (which it sounds like to me), and I was permitted to run a few slides on it to check for IR, I don't see what the harm would be. The 50gt30s are becoming quite hard to find new.

You could also look into getting an extended warranty from SquareTrade or Mack.

No body really knows at this point how the 2012 sets will perform against the 2011s.

I personally don't think the ST50 will be a "better" set than the GT30. I have NOTHING to back this up; it's just a gut feeling.
post #3837 of 4163 Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 AM

For owners that frequently view Bluray without zooming (I personally hate zooming), about how long did you wait before doing so?

I am currently a month into owning the set and if I had to guess, I have about 200-250 hours on the unit already. When I watch Bluray's I watch it on regular screen, and every 20 minutes or so I will zoom for a minute or two.

I haven't had any burn in or IR but it is becoming tedious to switch to zoom and frankly I can't stand the zoomed image. Do I need to even bother anymore?
post #3838 of 4163 Old 03-06-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james4523 View Post

For owners that frequently view Bluray without zooming (I personally hate zooming), about how long did you wait before doing so?

I am currently a month into owning the set and if I had to guess, I have about 200-250 hours on the unit already. When I watch Bluray's I watch it on regular screen, and every 20 minutes or so I will zoom for a minute or two.

I haven't had any burn in or IR but it is becoming tedious to switch to zoom and frankly I can't stand the zoomed image. Do I need to even bother anymore?

Over 200 hrs seems quite enough, unless you plan on having a 2:35:1 marathon. If so, just put on some full screen material for a few minutes in between flicks. I have at least as many hours on my set, and the only IR I have is from the TVs own Menu, lol.

Yeah, zooming in sucks.
post #3839 of 4163 Old 03-06-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by james4523 View Post

I've never zoomed or given it a timeout when watching Blu-ray or any of my other movie channels. I have close to 200 hours on mine and it looks perfect.
post #3840 of 4163 Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:

I pm'd you the info.

Thank you very much Sir,
I am all set to buy 65GT30 and will let you know how it goes.
Did you run the 100 hr prep slides and is there any specific setting you recommend for normal TV viewing.

Thanks again
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page