When do the current year Panasonic plasma prices typically start dropping? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a specific budget of $3500 for a new 65 inch plasma, but am in no hurry to make a purchase. Currently, it looks like I will be able to afford the TC-P65GT30, but I am curious if historically the VT model will eventually come down to my price range.

What is the typical price cycle for the new Panasonic plasma models? Do the prices usually stay the same up until the next year's (2012) models start showing up, or do they drop consistently throughout the year?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good question - especially this year with the crisis and collateral damage suffered by Japan. Supply and transportation issues may be addressed in timely fashion, but the marketing/pricing strategy will likely be rather unpredictable. One might expect retail prices to go down through the summer and into the fall, but supply may not meet demand and you know what that means... OTOH, the Korean manufacturers will no doubt take whatever advantage the market presents - look at the current "bundle sales" and other online specials for examples of this trend.

This will be an interesting year...
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page