Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 99 Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane74 View Post

I bought a UN60D6900 around mid-october. Did the firmware update yesterday (01-30-2012) and bricked my tv.

The Smart TV loop cycle goes too fast, I don't have the time to press the "mute 258 exit" key combination.

I called Samsung's customer support. They told me it's impossible I made an update since there were no updates available for this model. I made the update from the TV's menu, I did not download a firmware update from their website or whatever.

Thruth is, there really is no update for this model on their website.

I think they are making firmware updates available for the wrong TV models.

Now I have to wait for over a week for the motherboard to be replaced (it takes a whole week just to get the mobo).

Thank you Samsung, you suck big time! It's 2012, how come it can't be reset to the default FW?!? Technology isn't there yet I guess??

I believe your tv is a LED while plasmas are being discussed here. Not that it matters terribly but how/why did u do an update when it did not prompt you to update the firmware? At least thats what I understood you to say. I am new here and trying to learn about some of these issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 01-31-2012, 01:56 PM

Yeah I know it's a LED tv but the problem is exactly the same.

I wasn't impressed with the 3D performance so I wanted to see if a firmware update would've improved things or if it would've gave more 3D options.

I did the update through the service menu.
post #93 of 99 Old 01-31-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephane74 View Post

Yeah I know it's a LED tv but the problem is exactly the same.

I wasn't impressed with the 3D performance so I wanted to see if a firmware update would've improved things or if it would've gave more 3D options.

I did the update through the service menu.

Thanks. Sorry about the problem. I suppose you cant even see if the firmware got updated (to a phantom level!!). I am wondering if updating s/w using wifi maybe a problem if there is a transmission glitch.
post #94 of 99 Old 04-20-2012, 07:19 AM

What is the latest Firmware for this TV. Running 1013 now.?

Thanks
post #95 of 99 Old 04-20-2012, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
1013 is the latest available for USB installs, but I think there have been more recent revisions (up to 1015) for those who have their TVs connected to the internet. If you have any brightness popping problems, you might want to consider downloading 1014.6 from the first post in this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1389562
post #96 of 99 Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 PM

my tv model is PS43E450A1R. I tried to update the firmware version 1110.1 from 1107, there was no power failure during the process but all of a sudden the tv restarted and continue doing that every 13 second. Can anyone confirm me that the process of menu+2+5+8+exit will take me to the service menu or do i really need to replace the mainboard? Problem is that i don't have samsung support center here in bangladesh and it will take 4 to 6 weeks to delivery the mainboard from samsungparts.com. Is there any way i can access the service menu to restore the firmware?
post #97 of 99 Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Alail, that happened to mine too.

I got the message on my plasma that there was a new version. I said yes, download it. Next day my kids are telling me the TV keeps turning itself on. I have firmware version 1107.

So I downloaded the latest fw off the internet, put it onto a thumb drive, but I still couldn't get the tv to load it. I tried several times. But the tv stopped turning itself on after that effort. Not sure how it fixed itself, but it did.

BTW, I tried pulling the plug for a day and that did NOT fix the problem.

#include stdsig.h
post #98 of 99 Old 04-09-2014, 01:51 PM

Have had the same problem when updating my UE32D5520 using firmware from the website and a USB stick.  Ran the updater, it said the TV would turn back on again. Went away for 2 days and it still wasn't on, so tried turning on using the remote without any luck.  Pulled the cable for a few minutes and plugged back in, now it boots, displays the samsung smart hub logo, then turns off and reboots.  TV is a month out of warranty and I only upgraded it because Amazon told me I needed to to fix a problem I was having with their streaming video app.  Furious, and wouldn't doubt for a minute that samsung wrote the upgrade to brick the tv so i'd have to pay them to get it repaired.

post #99 of 99 Old 04-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
John, I recently had my Samsung TV start cycling like that. As soon as I plugged it in, it would show the Samsung SMART logo, for a few seconds, then restart on it's own. In fact, I couldn't turn the TV off.

This recent problem was NOT related to a firmware upgrade - I had that disabled. Also, the remote control trick didn't get it out of this mode. I tried unplugging the tv for days, etc, but I could not fix it.

What I did do was open the back of the TV (this is my PN59D6500 plasma) and start replacing boards. You can get boards off ebay. Make sure it's from exactly the same TV. I first replaced the large power board (heat sinks, transformers,etc) because I really thought this was a power problem. That did not do it. Then I replaced the smaller logic board (it's in the middle, has some large processors on it). No luck. Finally I replaced the large logic board (lots of processors) and bingo, problem went away. See #1, #2, and #3 in pic. #4 was a loose cable that caused another unrelated problem.

I think the problem was a firmware problem on the board (i.e., the kind of problem that could happen if you updated the firmware and it didn't go well). Since I had no way to get the TV un-bricked, replacing the board was the only way to "update" the firmware.

BTW the boards cost me $25, $40, and $50 in the order I replaced them (as I described above). The $50 board did the trick.

Also, replacing the boards is very easy. Back of the plasma pops right off,

#include stdsig.h
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn59d6500 59 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv Black 2011 Model
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page