Panasonic 58VT25 burn in image :( - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 74 Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I own the panasonic tcp50gt25 set. I had some image problems myself and used the disney flipper thing. played that for an hour or so. that seem to help. it also helps to play alot of full screen 1.85 movies or material. a least for the first 100 hours of owning the set.

Jacob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 74 Old 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post

I own the panasonic tcp50gt25 set. I had some image problems myself and used the disney flipper thing. played that for an hour or so. that seem to help. it also helps to play alot of full screen 1.85 movies or material. a least for the first 100 hours of owning the set.

Jacob

Just to clarify, 1.85:1 is not full-screen 16:9 aspect ratio, there are still very small black bars that usually go unnoticed. The full-screen 16:9 aspect ratio is 1.78:1.

Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

Quick shot of my gear/theater.
post #33 of 74 Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I know all the details. .wrote it wrong. that was not my point.. to watch stuff that fills up the screen for the first 100 hours of breaking in the tv.

Jacob
post #34 of 74 Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 PM

Liked: 10
Burn in on a modern plasma? I call shenanigans.
post #35 of 74 Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob305 View Post

I know all the details. .wrote it wrong. that was not my point.. to watch stuff that fills up the screen for the first 100 hours of breaking in the tv.

Jacob

I was clarifying for others who may read your post and think that watching 1.85:1 AR films fills the entire screen.

Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

Quick shot of my gear/theater.
post #36 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post

Burn in on a modern plasma? I call shenanigans.

I wish! It may not be burn in (I hope it is not), but it has lasted several weeks and several dozen hours of snow / full screen material. I have yet to try the pixel flipper, I'm hoping that will remove the last traces of it. It is mostly visible on gray / light blue screens now.

It's funny how many people say this, but yet... my screen has retention that isn't going away (yet).

- durden -
post #37 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by durden View Post
I wish! It may not be burn in (I hope it is not), but it has lasted several weeks and several dozen hours of snow / full screen material. I have yet to try the pixel flipper, I'm hoping that will remove the last traces of it. It is mostly visible on gray / light blue screens now.

It's funny how many people say this, but yet... my screen has retention that isn't going away (yet).
Just a thought! I would age continue to burn good pixels up to get rid of just a small Burn! It make take weeks or a month to get rid of it but it will go away with just regular full screen!
post #38 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac31391 View Post
Just a thought! I would age continue to burn good pixels up to get rid of just a small Burn! It make take weeks or a month to get rid of it but it will go away with just regular full screen!
Troll alert

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #39 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac31391 View Post
You're so wise! :\\

- durden -
post #40 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
Troll alert
Yeah.. haha. Useful post was useful.

- durden -
post #41 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yeah.. haha. Useful post was useful.
No offense to you and your issue but this guy has been ripping plasmas for months.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #42 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
No offense to you and your issue but this guy has been ripping plasmas for months.
At least he could use proper spelling and grammar when attempting to troll

- durden -
post #43 of 74 Old 05-06-2011, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
At least he could use proper spelling and grammar when attempting to troll
Good luck with your issue hope it fades away

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #44 of 74 Old 05-07-2011, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
I own a plasma set, an LCD, and a DLP set.

I love the pq the plasma set produces but there is no way that I would select a plasma set if I planned on using it for certain purposes.

First is gaming. People will parse words but to me ir that does not go away for long periods of time is burn-in. My experience with a Samsung 2010 set is that you will get this if you play certain games - with bright static elements in it - for longer periods of time.

Will it go away eventually? Who knows, but use of the screen wipe feature overnight for several nights seems to have no impact.

Second no use senerio for a plasma set - for me - would be if I was monitoring channels that have a ticker or prominant logo for long periods of time. If you are a stock market or new junky, look at other technologies to avoid ir.

Third situation is if you plan to use the set for just 4X3 material;or letterboxed films. Constant use of either of these formats will eventually give you uneven brightness on the screen.

With normal use of a set, ir is a minimal risk. These sets are designed for HD and using a full screen HDTV image for a majority of viewing will provide the best viewing experience currently possible. Beautiful picture and color.
post #45 of 74 Old 05-07-2011, 05:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu View Post

I own a plasma set, an LCD, and a DLP set.

I love the pq the plasma set produces but there is no way that I would select a plasma set if I planned on using it for certain purposes.

First is gaming. People will parse words but to me ir that does not go away for long periods of time is burn-in. My experience with a Samsung 2010 set is that you will get this if you play certain games - with bright static elements in it - for longer periods of time.

Will it go away eventually? Who knows, but use of the screen wipe feature overnight for several nights seems to have no impact.

Second no use senerio for a plasma set - for me - would be if I was monitoring channels that have a ticker or prominant logo for long periods of time. If you are a stock market or new junky, look at other technologies to avoid ir.

Third situation is if you plan to use the set for just 4X3 material;or letterboxed films. Constant use of either of these formats will eventually give you uneven brightness on the screen.

With normal use of a set, ir is a minimal risk. These sets are designed for HD and using a full screen HDTV image for a majority of viewing will provide the best viewing experience currently possible. Beautiful picture and color.

Most people don't know the trick to turn on 5 percent overscan every couple of rounds of gaming with a bright hud. It moves the hud around enough that IR won't be a problem.
post #46 of 74 Old 05-07-2011, 07:51 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASKOAA View Post

Most people don't know the trick to turn on 5 percent overscan every couple of rounds of gaming with a bright hud. It moves the hud around enough that IR won't be a problem.

Plasma monitors are not for gaming, period...

To avoid IR, watch all 4x3 programs in zoom mode. Do not use your plasma TV as monitor for network players, when you listening music. You have to understand limitations of technology. If you expect to see a lot of static images, get LCD panel.

I have plasma TV in my home AV setup. But I bought 13" LCD to use as monitor when I play Internet radio, music from my home server etc.
post #47 of 74 Old 05-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

To avoid IR, watch all 4x3 programs in zoom mode. Do not use your plasma TV as monitor for network players, when you listening music. You have to understand limitations of technology. If you expect to see a lot of static images, get LCD panel.

I have plasma TV in my home AV setup. But I bought 13" LCD to use as monitor when I play Internet radio, music from my home server etc.

+1 I am glad I'm not the only one that can see obvious flaws on a PannyFan Boy sponsored site! Ok , now here comes the troll comments or this post gets deleted!
post #48 of 74 Old 05-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

I had a GT20 before this set and gamed on it for 2 years. No problems. DEAL WITH IT.
post #49 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 06:53 AM

God so much headache over a fickle TV. Plasmas are like a demanding, fragile pet. I mean think about it, you are forced to obsess/be paranoid over what you can put on your plasma TV and are guilt ridden over a Boxee box that you left on for 5 minutes. It's a TV, if it can't handle normal content that would be put through a TV, then it fails its number one mission.

Get a dimming (dynamic) Edge/Local LED LCD and be done with it. You sacrifice a little viewing angle for peace of mind, no buzzing, 1/3rd the weight, thinner profile, a more vivid picture during the day, and deeper blacks (yes it's true, especially after 1 year of use) than the plasma.
post #50 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member

lol no it does not have deeper blacks it has whiter whites and every reviewer will tell you the same.
post #51 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naus View Post

God so much headache over a fickle TV. Plasmas are like a demanding, fragile pet. I mean think about it, you are forced to obsess/be paranoid over what you can put on your plasma TV and are guilt ridden over a Boxee box that you left on for 5 minutes. It's a TV, if it can't handle normal content that would be put through a TV, then it fails its number one mission.

Get a dimming (dynamic) Edge/Local LED LCD and be done with it. You sacrifice a little viewing angle for peace of mind, no buzzing, 1/3rd the weight, thinner profile, a more vivid picture during the day, and deeper blacks (yes it's true, especially after 1 year of use) than the plasma.

So many falsehoods dont know where to start

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #52 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:

I had to laugh too at this.. I also love the bright corners on the Edge LEDs.
post #53 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayweh32 View Post

I had to laugh too at this.. I also love the bright corners on the Edge LEDs.

They aren't noticeable with dimming, since they were generally most visible in dark scenes or black bars. The dimming solved most of my complaints with LCDs.

Believe what you want guys, but I don't stress about what I put on my TV, the kids can put whatever they want on it or leave it on a playstation menu for hours. And I get a nice bright picture during daytime football game parties with all the windows in my house open. My TV is more than just for watching movies in a shaded room.
post #54 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Liked: 21
Quote:

They aren't noticeable with dimming, since they were generally most visible in dark scenes or black bars. The dimming solved most of my complaints with LCDs.

Believe what you want guys, but I don't stress about what I put on my TV, the kids can put whatever they want on it or leave it on a playstation menu for hours. And I get a nice bright picture during daytime football game parties with all the windows in my house open. My TV is more than just for watching movies in a shaded room.

Aren't you precious!

post #55 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:

My GT25 performs perfectly fine next to my french doors and big pane side windows. No complaints.

I have many late night gaming sessions where I have fallen asleep with the screen up and no repricasions.

I also enjoy on my TV when I watch sports that there is no motion blur. Gaming is nice with no imput lag and the 3D is far superior to most LCDs.

There are pros and cons to both sets. Lets keep the debate for another thread.
post #56 of 74 Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Leave the debates for another thread please. Durden, did you get anywhere with your IR? I'm actually eager to hear more.
post #57 of 74 Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1_2 View Post

Leave the debates for another thread please. Durden, did you get anywhere with your IR? I'm actually eager to hear more.

I didn't get anywhere with mine. ESPN logo still firmly burned in and now the MLB Network logo is burned in as well (both in the lower right corner). This is a 5 month old G20 that's been in THX mode from day 1. ESPN burned in back in February and MLB logo just a couple weeks ago. Neither show any signs of fading as I can see both from my couch 8 feet away. Now I won't even watch those channels and ironically, I bought the TV for movies and sports. All it took was a few hours (about 3) on each channel. Maybe I got a lemon but achieving burnin on this TV was an extremely simple task (twice).

When gears of war 3 comes out this fall, I'll setup my 5 year old Vizio lcd and play it on that. I won't even attempt to game on the panny G20. With the way things have gone so far, I'd have burnin in 15 minutes!!

PQ sure is amazing during movies though (as long as the scene doesn't have a white background...then it appears like ESPN is sponsoring the latest Blu-Rays!!
post #58 of 74 Old 05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec0995 View Post

I didn't get anywhere with mine. ESPN logo still firmly burned in and now the MLB Network logo is burned in as well (both in the lower right corner). This is a 5 month old G20 that's been in THX mode from day 1. ESPN burned in back in February and MLB logo just a couple weeks ago. Neither show any signs of fading as I can see both from my couch 8 feet away. Now I won't even watch those channels and ironically, I bought the TV for movies and sports. All it took was a few hours (about 3) on each channel. Maybe I got a lemon but achieving burnin on this TV was an extremely simple task (twice).

When gears of war 3 comes out this fall, I'll setup my 5 year old Vizio lcd and play it on that. I won't even attempt to game on the panny G20. With the way things have gone so far, I'd have burnin in 15 minutes!!

PQ sure is amazing during movies though (as long as the scene doesn't have a white background...then it appears like ESPN is sponsoring the latest Blu-Rays!!

Have you approached Panasonic concerning this. What you are decribing is not normal I have two pannys px80 and a GT25 and watch ESPN all the time never noticed any IR what so ever. I'd say there is a good possibility you have a defective panel.

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
post #59 of 74 Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Have you approached Panasonic concerning this. What you are decribing is not normal I have two pannys px80 and a GT25 and watch ESPN all the time never noticed any IR what so ever. I'd say there is a good possibility you have a defective panel.

Nope. Just assumed they wouldn't care since burnin isn't covered under warranty. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they say. Have you heard of any similar stories where Panasonic actually responded favorably?
post #60 of 74 Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec0995 View Post

Nope. Just assumed they wouldn't care since burnin isn't covered under warranty. Maybe I'll give them a call and see what they say. Have you heard of any similar stories where Panasonic actually responded favorably?

That I dont know but if you've been careful with settings might be worth a look from a Panny tech. I can only testify to what I have experienced personally but the ease you are getting stubborn IR is not normal imo

65VT60
55ST60
Calman Enthusiast
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page