Official LG XXPZ950 Owners Thread - Page 38 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1111 of 1122 Old 01-18-2014, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey I had a few questions on this tv regarding a calibration. of the pz950

When I have my meter hooked up to the screen and using a Windowed grayscale design I seem to get two different readings.

The first reading comes when I am inside the calibration menu when it is on the screen on the lower half

The second reading is when I am outside of the calibration menu and have nothing on the screen but the grayscale picture

The issue I am having is due to fact that with the remote it is such a pain to go into the calibration menu, it is like a 4 step process to get into the grayscale settings

So I have a few questions

1 - Am I accessing the grayscale menu incorrectly or is there a shorter method? (I hit Menu, Setup, Video, ISF then expert control ?

2 - How did many of you who accurately calibrated your TV change your meter results ?

Lastly

3 - Beside 8741 is there another service menu code I can use to get the most accurate readings and make adjustments while taking constant readings with my calibration meter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1112 of 1122 Old 01-21-2014, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I guess ALL of the plethora of owners of these sets just vanished.... eek.gif

Fortunately I managed to get LG to replace the panel under warranty. smile.gif

My Home Theater = Investment In My Entertainment!
post #1113 of 1122 Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post

So I guess ALL of the plethora of owners of these sets just vanished.... eek.gif

Fortunately I managed to get LG to replace the panel under warranty. smile.gif

This is probably completely unrelated however I feel the need to share.

This problem occurred only with my Direct Genie DVR. However roughly 50% of the time, when I switched off the DirecTV input to something else (Apple TV, PS3, WD My Cloud) and watched any amount of content and then switched back to the DirecTV DVR, the entire feed was magenta, black and white. I had the box replaced twice and the problem still to this day occurs. It's the only source that has the issue but I'm befuddled by it. It occurs less often today but nonetheless, the problem still occurs eek.gif

[ Side note: The 2nd time I called DirecTV regarding the issue they paired me with a "Technical Support Associate" and the associate insisted my problem was a direct result in me needing to calibrate my display smile.gif I laughed and said no, that's not the problem, the entire display is magenta and she insisted that my display's color setting were inaccurate and needed to be calibrated. wink.gif ]

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #1114 of 1122 Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM

^^^ Very interesting yet troubling.

I can say unequivocally, that I have/had tested all inputs I use including: Blu-Ray, USB/portable drive, Xbox and of course DirecTV. They all exhibit the issue.

Oh and thanks for responding! smile.gif

post #1115 of 1122 Old 01-31-2014, 11:44 AM

Hello. I just received a brand new panel for my: 60PZ950 from LG under Warranty (woohoo!!!) Can anyone provide 'optimum picture settings' for me to use? I understand a "professional calibration" is best but that not in my budget.

post #1116 of 1122 Old 02-01-2014, 07:02 PM

Liked: 13
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-539305/lg-50pz950-picture-setting/ picture settings

this 2011 tv does anyone have the access to the service menu? I have tried multiple methods but none seem to work?
post #1117 of 1122 Old 05-07-2014, 11:46 AM

What a POS! After 2.5 years of having the 60" version of PZ950, the screen died. After a short war with LG they replaced the panel for free.

I'll never buy a TV or related gear from LG. I'm done with this company.mad.gif
post #1118 of 1122 Old 05-07-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer View Post

What a POS! After 2.5 years of having the 60" version of PZ950, the screen died. After a short war with LG they replaced the panel for free.

I'll never buy a TV or related gear from LG. I'm done with this company.mad.gif

Well let me just say this... I documented my issues above that happened way less than your 2.5yrs. They were kind enough to replace mine for free! So I am VERY grateful and WILL continue to purchase their products.
In your case, you were FAR out of warranty period and they STILL replaced it for free. Not sure why you're b1tching?

- Big Marcus

post #1119 of 1122 Old 05-07-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:

Well let me just say this... I documented my issues above that happened way less than your 2.5yrs. They were kind enough to replace mine for free! So I am VERY grateful and WILL continue to purchase their products.
In your case, you were FAR out of warranty period and they STILL replaced it for free. Not sure why you're b1tching?

- Big Marcus

It's easy to judge people via internet, without even knowing the facts, isn't it.

Without talking to their headquarters nothing would've been changed. And I'm not even talking about this model's sh#tty blacks, their 3 top of the line 3d bluray players with hard drive I had, that all went bad.

So, you like them - good for you, but don't judge those who don't.
post #1120 of 1122 Old 05-07-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer View Post

It's easy to judge people via internet, without even knowing the facts, isn't it.

Without talking to their headquarters nothing would've been changed. And I'm not even talking about this model's sh#tty blacks, their 3 top of the line 3d bluray players with hard drive I had, that all went bad.

So, you like them - good for you, but don't judge those who don't.

Judging?

I simply made a legitimate assessment from your post. Now if you come back and say 'but' I've had a plethora of other issues, that's a different story.

post #1121 of 1122 Old 05-07-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Judging?

I simply made a legitimate assessment from your post. Now if you come back and say 'but' I've had a plethora of other issues, that's a different story.

After 14-15 months of owning this thing, I started to get this kind of images:

Been twice in repair (one paid, one free). When it died completely we decided that we have had enough, went to war, and got the new panel. Our third LG blu-ray player has so many glitches I don't even want to start.

After that, decision was made to forget this brand forever. I should've done my research before I bought these devices, so I blame myself.
post #1122 of 1122 Old 08-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzer View Post

I'll never buy a TV or related gear from LG. I'm done with this company.
Interesting...my 60inch died after...2.5 years! (the purple flash then...black). After wanting to slug me with costs due to being out of warranty, mentioned the Australian Cunsumer Law Consumer Guarantee which was strengthened in 2011. They agreed to cover parts and labour. Culprit was the main board.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page