Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

Responding to several recent posts, 1) I hear no buzzing on my 55" VT30, and 2) there is supposed to be a VT30 promotion in June, and it will supposedly be retroactive for early buyers (if you go back and ask about it).

Interesting on both counts. I just ordered a P55VT30 (sniped one of the last 2 available on sale for $400 below MSRP) during lunch so it's nice to hear that I'd get in on any promotion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:

there is supposed to be a VT30 promotion in June, and it will supposedly be retroactive for early buyers (if you go back and ask about it).

From whom? What vendor is this associated with?
post #453 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast View Post

From what I remember seeing, this is a Panasonic promo - any authorized retailer should have the promo...
post #454 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:

From what I remember seeing, this is a Panasonic promo - any authorized retailer should have the promo...

so I need to contact VE and ask for a rebate/adjustment? Since they know who ordered, why would'nt they just contact me?
post #455 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 03:28 PM

OK, I called VE and they know nothing about a rebate for the VT 30...so is this talk about a Panasonic retroactive Promo just a bunch of poop talk?
post #456 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 03:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Panasonic.
post #457 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 03:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

OK, I called VE and they know nothing about a rebate for the VT 30...so is this talk about a Panasonic retroactive Promo just a bunch of poop talk?

The promo is not until June (don't know whether early June or late June), so dealers have not yet been told about it. I cannot guarantee that the store you bought it at will ask Panny about making it retroactive. The information came from posts on the other forum (hdj). The original post was from a Panny employee, and someone else verified that it would be retroactive with his local BB. You're on your own if and when the Promo starts.
post #458 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I can verify that my local Magnolia is promising to honor any deals from Memorial Day sales to glasses/player packages.

My sincere thanks to everyone who makes AVSforum such an awesome resource.
post #459 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:

The promo is not until June (don't know whether early June or late June), so dealers have not yet been told about it. I cannot guarantee that the store you bought it at will ask Panny about making it retroactive. The information came from posts on the other forum (hdj). The original post was from a Panny employee, and someone else verified that it would be retroactive with his local BB. You're on your own if and when the Promo starts.

Well, here's hoping...thanks
post #460 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

When the VT's were pre-ordered, there was either the option of getting a stock TV, or paying extra for calibration. Soif you paid for the calibration, what do you think? How does your new TV compare with what you were watching before?

Seems like I just haven't heard anyone comment about their calibrated VT. I thought the pre-order thread was loaded with folks that ordered the calibrationare we not hearing from them?

A lot of us, myself included, are having our VT30's held at the store (VE in my case) waiting for the firmware update to allow a complete calibration. It is tough to wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.
post #461 of 6439 Old 05-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Ive seen some say that a firmware update is coming in June to fix the calibration issue. Has this been confirmed thats what the firmware update is for? I havent seen this confirmed anywhere, is it just speculation? Has Panasonic acknowledged this as an issue?

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #462 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 12:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins View Post

A lot of us, myself included, are having our VT30's held at the store (VE in my case) waiting for the firmware update to allow a complete calibration. It is tough to wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Can't firmware be updated by the buyer at home?

Michael
post #463 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhopkins View Post

Remember that proper calibration requires the correct settings on your source devices too! i.e. using the wrong color space setting on your BD player can negate all the benefits of having your TV calibrated.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Liaison at SpectraCal
post #464 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

Michael

Of course it can, provided that there is an update to download. You'll have to wait until Panasonic releases the new firmware update.

Techlord
post #465 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

Michael

Yes of course, but what can't be done in the buyer's home is the discounted in store calibration. Those folks have to wait if they want their sets calibrated with the ISF modes (which is the subject of the firmware fix) used.

-Jim
post #466 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 AM

will the gt30 get this calibration update?
post #467 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wermey View Post

will the gt30 get this calibration update?

The ISF fix is VT30 only! I don't know the FW update has any other changes that would affect the S and GT range!
post #468 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan1paxton View Post

The ISF fix is VT30 only! I don't know the FW update has any other changes that would affect the S and GT range!

Did i make the right choice in switching out my 64D7000 for a 65GT30
post #469 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Only the VT series has the ISF modes anyways...you can still cal you GT in Custom..

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #470 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:

Well I'm getting a VT30 but based on demoing a GT30! I just prefer the look of the VT over the GT, but that just my choice! If you are liking the TV just enjoy it!!!
post #471 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post

Remember that proper calibration requires the correct settings on your source devices too! i.e. using the wrong color space setting on your BD player can negate all the benefits of having your TV calibrated.

Prior to calibration Robert of VE asked me what I would be using with the VT30 - make and model of BD player, receiver, and cable/satellite box. I'm assuming that is for the reason that you stated, to match the calibration with the source devices. I would then insure that the devices are set correctly for the calibrated TV. Now it is just a matter of waiting for the update to be released.
post #472 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heckheck View Post

Yes of course, but what can't be done in the buyer's home is the discounted in store calibration. Those folks have to wait if they want their sets calibrated with the ISF modes (which is the subject of the firmware fix) used.

-Jim

You got it, Jim!
post #473 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:28 PM

Hi. I received my 55Vt30 on Tuesday the 24th. Just a short note that my experience with US Appliance was silky smooth; only took about a week to receive the TV via white glove delivery. It appears that the delivery and return policies for US Appliances has been corrected at least to my complete satisfaction with my TV purchase. GREAT price and fast delivery.

Now I have a few questions so far re the VT30:

1. When I check for firmware updates and then exit from the menu, the TV "reboots" and then kills the audio to my Denon 4311!. This is with ANY source such as Satellite, DVD player, etc. If I turn the DENON or the TV off and then back on, the volume is restored. All connections to Denon are HDMI. Only connection to the TV is HDMI out from the Denon. Keep things simple, I always say... Plus I get my lossless bitstream audio from my DVD players.

2. For me Netflix on this TV sucks. I only get 25 choices from ANY of the genres available and some of the choices are repeated across the genres. There is no search option on Netflix, and even the genres are limited. Maybe this is a "work in progress" for Netflix or Panasonic, but I get vastly more selections with my Samsung TV. Netflix is not a critical option for me. I probably will call Neflix on this issue.

3. When I turn the TV off, the damn thing ALWAYS reverts to 3D "medium" depth setting! It is irritating that I have to reset it to "maximum." Irritating. "Medium" is for me essentially worthless. "Maximum" looks pretty good. Those who would tell me to forget 2D>3D is worthless means nothing to me. I enjoy it, especially since there is so little 3D content available to date. I specifically did not buy the VT25 because it does not have this option. I grew up with the dinosaurs and "House of Wax" and "Bwanna Devil" 3D productions in the 50's. I have been waiting ever since, hoping that 3D at the theater (and possibly TV) would be resurrected. My dreams have come true; hope 3D lasts.

Generally I say that the new VT30 is probably the best available on the market today, but the new TV is an INCREMENTAL upgrade from the VT25, and other brands; I have looked at as many as I could at the stores (BB). Unfortunately my exposure to flat screen has been to enjoy the brighter, more "punchier" TV's like my Samsung C9000 that I got last year. I do NOT sit in front of the TV looking for flaws in the blacks or colors. I guess that I will have to "recondition" myself to view TV in the "brightness" ranges of the plasmas and picture modes such as THX. The ONE major thing these Pansosonics have the big advantage: GHOSTING! So far have have seen none on the VT30 (and it was minimal on the VT25's when I was looking at them). The ghosting on my Samsung is quite noticeable, but I have been living with it.

Conclusions? Considering that I am NOT a TV guru and don't rate my choices on cosmetics and black level problems, I might have considered the ST30 or GT30 and saved some more money. Should I have done that? NAH!!!!! I grabbed the brass ring.... no buyer's remorse for me.
post #474 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Biba View Post

1. When I check for firmware updates and then exit from the menu, the TV "reboots" and then kills the audio to my Denon 4311!. This is with ANY source such as Satellite, DVD player, etc. If I turn the DENON or the TV off and then back on, the volume is restored. All connections to Denon are HDMI. Only connection to the TV is HDMI out from the Denon. Keep things simple, I always say... Plus I get my lossless bitstream audio from my DVD players.

While I dont have a VT.. I can tell you this is sort of the norm for the 4311. HDMI handshaking is quite common with AVR's. I have to unplug my A100 (same as 4311 just prettier) about once every 2-3 weeks or so because of handshaking.

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #475 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Frank,
I only stream Netflix from my Panny 3D BluRay player (110). It has a search function, and outputs better PQ. I would think most have a 3D player that streams, so the Netflix issues you mention are not so critical for most people.
post #476 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 01:42 PM

Well it looks like there's some positive impressions about the buzzing side of things so that makes me really happy. I can't wait till I'm able to check one of these guys out (Neither my Best Buy or London Drugs has one in yet to see).
post #477 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 02:27 PM

Hi, Johnny: Mea culpa, my Denon is the A100 (essentially the same as the 4311), and I have a 4311 on another system. This is the first time I have seen another device "capture" my AVR, so I am not sure it is a handshake issue. I have never had this issue with any other AVR. It is only an annoyance so I will let it go; I am not checking firmware often anyway. Thanks.
Hi, John: Yeah, I am not much of a fan of "internet TV" so for now, who cares about Netflix.

Frank
post #478 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 03:04 PM

I've had my vt30 just about a mo. now. My question is this, can the TXH mode, out the box, which is a great picture, can it be fine tuned, via the controls that are available, brightness, contrast, etc., to give an even a better picture or is the preset the "best picture" with the default settings?
post #479 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 03:21 PM

What's everyone's experience with the motion performance on the set?

-Vader
post #480 of 6439 Old 05-28-2011, 03:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpur1622 View Post

I've had my vt30 just about a mo. now. My question is this, can the TXH mode, out the box, which is a great picture, can it be fine tuned, via the controls that are available, brightness, contrast, etc., to give an even a better picture or is the preset the "best picture" with the default settings?

Other than changing from Warm 2 to Warm 1, I haven't changed any setting. I guess you could use a calibration DVD to adjust those basic settings, but IMO PQ is great as is, out of the box, with THX. Profesisonal calibration generally uses Custom mode (something to consider after the June firmware upgrade).
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page