Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 172 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5131 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As I read it, the GT models require access to the service menu to apply D-nice settings. In GT models, one needs to add or subtract from the numbers presented on your panel to get the desired settings:

To access service menuonly on GT models)
Turn on the TV.
While holding down the Vol - (minus) on the back, right side of the display, press the info button on the remote 3 times.
The service menu appear after a few seconds.
Press 1 on the remote twice to get to the WB-Adjust screen.
Press 7 on the remote until the color temperature says Warm.
Press 3 on the remote to cycle through R-DRV, G-DRV, B-DRV, R-CUT, G-CUT and B-CUT and enter the offset values below (DO NOT CHANGE THE ALL-DRV and ALL-CUT VALUES).

Note: These offsets must be entered for both Color matrixes (HD/SD). You access the different matrixes by using a 1080i/p signal for the HD matrix and 480i/p signal for the SD matrix.

SM Offsets
R-DRV: Vol - (minus) 6 times
G-DRV: 0
B-DRV: Vol + (plus) 8 times
R-CUT: 0
G-CUT: 0
B-CUT: Vol - (minus) 5 times

There is no need to access the service menu on ST and VT models....(holding down the Vol - (minus) on the back, right side of the display, press the info button on the remote 3 times....) Don't do it for ST or VT models.

ST and VT models DO NOT NEED to access the "service menu", but only alter the parameters shown in general settings. These numbers are the absolute numbers to which you change any given setting.....NOT (minus), NOT (plus), simply change what you see to D-nice's suggested settings. I copied the original settings on paper for future reference on my panel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5132 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I would just like to say that after about a week and a half with the VT30 that everything is going good and I really like this tv. One of the best, if not the best picture quality I've seen on a tv so far, and I'm coming off of a 60" Pioneer Elite. The differences between the two tv's are minor and I know alot won't agree with me, but I give a slight edge to the VT30 in what I like for picture. Positives about the Pioneer, well it definitely had better blacks and the picture displayed a little less noise and looked more film like, but not much more. As for the VT30, well obviously it's 3d, which the Pioneer wasn't, but besides that, better motion resolution, more highly detailed picture, no dirty screen effect, and to me, a brighter picture. I've read people complain about the VT30 not being able to do a full white properly and watching hockey doesn't look right. Well for starters, an actual ice surface at a rink isn't pure white like LED's show, but hockey games on the VT30 are alot better then on the Pioneer. The white ice looks much more realistic then the Pioneer showed. And for my point to more detailed, when watching hockey with close ups on players, they faces are more defined, but the big difference I see is on the VT30 I can actually clearly see the ventilation holes on the players jersey's, where they could not be seen on the Pioneer Elite.

So far a great tv, now if only people would have glasses around here I could actually give 3d a try.
post #5133 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

I'm coming off of a 60" Pioneer Elite.

Is your 151 for sale?

HH
post #5134 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Advanced Member

It was, but sold it.
post #5135 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Got my 65TV30. Unfortunately, the built date is August and not November like the sales person said! I'll have to check the EEPROM version and report back. Hopefully it's 84.46.
post #5136 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @TOMMY@ View Post

Got my 65TV30. Unfortunately, the built date is August and not November like the sales person said! I'll have to check the EEPROM version and report back. Hopefully it's 84.46.

Got mine yesterday-->

HH
post #5137 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 01:04 PM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerHarley View Post

Got mine yesterday-->

HH

Why the that's a good date!
post #5138 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reklaw View Post

As I read it, the GT models require access to the service menu to apply D-nice settings. In GT models, one needs to add or subtract from the numbers presented on your panel to get the desired settings:

To access service menuonly on GT models)
Turn on the TV.
While holding down the Vol - (minus) on the back, right side of the display, press the info button on the remote 3 times.
The service menu appear after a few seconds.
Press 1 on the remote twice to get to the WB-Adjust screen.
Press 7 on the remote until the color temperature says Warm.
Press 3 on the remote to cycle through R-DRV, G-DRV, B-DRV, R-CUT, G-CUT and B-CUT and enter the offset values below (DO NOT CHANGE THE ALL-DRV and ALL-CUT VALUES).

Note: These offsets must be entered for both Color matrixes (HD/SD). You access the different matrixes by using a 1080i/p signal for the HD matrix and 480i/p signal for the SD matrix.

SM Offsets
R-DRV: Vol - (minus) 6 times
G-DRV: 0
B-DRV: Vol + (plus) 8 times
R-CUT: 0
G-CUT: 0
B-CUT: Vol - (minus) 5 times

There is no need to access the service menu on ST and VT models....(holding down the Vol - (minus) on the back, right side of the display, press the info button on the remote 3 times....) Don't do it for ST or VT models.

ST and VT models DO NOT NEED to access the "service menu", but only alter the parameters shown in general settings. These numbers are the absolute numbers to which you change any given setting.....NOT (minus), NOT (plus), simply change what you see to D-nice's suggested settings. I copied the original settings on paper for future reference on my panel.

Exactly right.

(I think I linked DNice's original clarification of this in the FAQ as well).
post #5139 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Link not working:

Sorry but the page you are looking for cannot be found.

HH

Please see the link in my signature line if you are trying to find the mini-FAQ
post #5140 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks guys. I'm 15 hours away from my November built 65VT30 delivery. Here is my plan:
1. Run slides for >100hr.
2. Update firmware to 2.1, then to 2.2.

After that, is there a recommended setting? I know D-Nice's setting won't work well with 2.1. What to do? Try C-net/FlatpanelsHD/Home Theater settings and see which is better?

Tommy: Are you planning to get a custom calibration? If not, there is no current reason to update with the unofficial firmware.
post #5141 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reklaw View Post

Link not working:

Sorry but the page you are looking for cannot be found.

HH

This is the content of the mini faq link from "PLASMA FLAT PANEL DISPLAYS" topic forum

I just checked the links in the mini-FAQ that Reklaw copied (Post 5130), and for some reason, they end up directing my browser to sites that are either wrong or don't work.

I've found they work consistently only through the original post (see link in my signature line). Not sure why this is: it's really weird. In any event, getting to the original mini-FAQ will get you to the correct links.

Here is the direct link: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post21210910 (It's post 2918)
post #5142 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:

I would just like to say that after about a week and a half with the VT30 that everything is going good and I really like this tv. One of the best, if not the best picture quality I've seen on a tv so far, and I'm coming off of a 60" Pioneer Elite. The differences between the two tv's are minor and I know alot won't agree with me, but I give a slight edge to the VT30 in what I like for picture. Positives about the Pioneer, well it definitely had better blacks and the picture displayed a little less noise and looked more film like, but not much more. As for the VT30, well obviously it's 3d, which the Pioneer wasn't, but besides that, better motion resolution, more highly detailed picture, no dirty screen effect, and to me, a brighter picture. I've read people complain about the VT30 not being able to do a full white properly and watching hockey doesn't look right. Well for starters, an actual ice surface at a rink isn't pure white like LED's show, but hockey games on the VT30 are alot better then on the Pioneer. The white ice looks much more realistic then the Pioneer showed. And for my point to more detailed, when watching hockey with close ups on players, they faces are more defined, but the big difference I see is on the VT30 I can actually clearly see the ventilation holes on the players jersey's, where they could not be seen on the Pioneer Elite.

So far a great tv, now if only people would have glasses around here I could actually give 3d a try.

Mark, I have seen all of those complaints over the years in the Pio from people who said the ice didn't look white on their tvs. If you are looking for your tv to display true colors then that is actual what their tv is doing. I am a Pio owner 4280 and formerly 500M, and always felt their ice/rink color was a true representation. I am a season ticket holder for Penguins. The ice isn't close to pure white. Funny thing is though, if you watch the game on thier scoreboard it looks pure white. Of course that is LED..

I am considering a 65VT30 and a PN64D8000. Currently leaning towards the Sammy due to major price difference.
post #5143 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Got mine yesterday-->

HH

This is awesome . Mine is August build but thankfully it has the EEPRom update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Tommy: Are you planning to get a custom calibration? If not, there is no current reason to update with the unofficial firmware.

I read your FAQ and seems like even an ISF calibrator is having a hard time calibrating this TV.
post #5144 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

Mark, I have seen all of those complaints over the years in the Pio from people who said the ice didn't look white on their tvs. If you are looking for your tv to display true colors then that is actual what their tv is doing. I am a Pio owner 4280 and formerly 500M, and always felt their ice/rink color was a true representation. I am a season ticket holder for Penguins. The ice isn't close to pure white. Funny thing is though, if you watch the game on thier scoreboard it looks pure white. Of course that is LED..

I am considering a 65VT30 and a PN64D8000. Currently leaning towards the Sammy due to major price difference.

I definitely don't expect the ice to be pure white, it's not even close either on the VT30, but for some reason I found any hockey game on the 151 to be too dark. When the world juniors was here a few years ago, the picture from the rink was too dark to what the 151 showed. The VT30 is still a bit darker then in person, but alot more close to what it actually is. Plus the jersey details should be noticeable on the Pioneer, they weren't on mine and they are clearly visable when you are standing beside someone wearing an authentic jersey. This was on interviews on the ice before the game, so the cameras weren't far away. The VT30 shows more detail I would say.
post #5145 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is awesome . Mine is August build but thankfully it has the EEPRom update.

I read your FAQ and seems like even an ISF calibrator is having a hard time calibrating this TV.

Yes, if you are going to go for a procalibration, I wouldn't waste money with anyone who hasn't already done a lot of these with good results. DNice and Chad B and two who have that experience and know how.
post #5146 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:

Yes, if you are going to go for a procalibration, I wouldn't waste money with anyone who hasn't already done a lot of these with good results. DNice and Chad B and two who have that experience and know how.

D-Nice and Chad B don't do western Canada. I'm looking through posts in the calibration forum to locate a good ISF tech. I don't mind spending the money, but it has to be done correctly!
post #5147 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

Why the that's a good date!

I was showing my bewilderment-->, due to the fact, we got our new Pannys delivered about the same time with, a 6 month difference in the build dates.

HH
post #5148 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 04:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

D-Nice and Chad B don't do western Canada. I'm looking through posts in the calibration forum to locate a good ISF tech. I don't mind spending the money, but it has to be done correctly!

Paging htwaits!
post #5149 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
My 5 week old 65vt30 is a May build and no FBR's that i can see. So far it's been perfect. Still lacks the pop of my 50" 5020 Kuro, but i am happy with the bigger screen.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #5150 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 06:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:

You can contact Michael Chen to see if he works in your area.

furrypig01@yahoo.com

Or check out the "Where are you located ..." thread that's linked at the bottom of my post. Here is a link to that thread with a post relating to Michael. You can also read reports about his work in the owners thread that's linked at the bottom of my post.
post #5151 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 06:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

paging htwaits! :d

:d
post #5152 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

You can contact Michael Chen to see if he works in your area.

furrypig01@yahoo.com

Or check out the "Where are you located ..." thread that's linked at the bottom of my post. Here is a link to that thread with a post relating to Michael. You can also read reports about his work in the owners thread that's linked at the bottom of my post.

I plan to email Michael after I have a few hundred hours on the TV. Thanks! This is a great place. I learned a lot
post #5153 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 06:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I plan to email Michael after I have a few hundred hours on the TV. Thanks! This is a great place. I learned a lot

If it were me, I would contact him now to see if you are in his normal territory range. If you need to make a reservation for a tour it's better to do it early.
post #5154 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 105
I need VT30 owners to be HONEST with me, does this tv have DSE ( dirty Screen Effect)?? I had 3 Pioneer kuros(110, 111) and they all had DSE. I am very sensitive to it.

I am looking at the 55vt30, I went to best buy today, in the magnolia section I looked at it, it didn't appear to have any DSE but it had pretty bad image retention ( from abuse in a store) so it was hard to verify what some of the things I saw was DSE or image retention.

I play mostly games (console and pc) and DSE is a major distraction to me. Thanks!
post #5155 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

If it were me, I would contact him now to see if you are in his normal territory range. If you need to make a reservation for a tour it's better to do it early.

Already done!
post #5156 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvette94 View Post

I need VT30 owners to be HONEST with me, does this tv have DSE ( dirty Screen Effect)?? I had 3 Pioneer kuros(110, 111) and they all had DSE. I am very sensitive to it.

I am looking at the 55vt30, I went to best buy today, in the magnolia section I looked at it, it didn't appear to have any DSE but it had pretty bad image retention ( from abuse in a store) so it was hard to verify what some of the things I saw was DSE or image retention.

I play mostly games (console and pc) and DSE is a major distraction to me. Thanks!

To answer your question, no, and if it does, it is very faint. I had a Pioneer Kuro 151 and watching hockey or playing NHL 2012 on PS3 the DSE was very distracting, so I know what you are talking about. Also one of the reasons why I wanted a new tv. So far, I have not noticed any DSE while watching a hockey game. It was very easily noticeable for me on the Kuro, but can't see it on the VT30. I also saw it on some Bluray pans on the Kuro, but not on the VT30. Best option is to go to the store when hockey is on and see if you notice it. When I went, one of the stores the salesman was trying to sell me hard on the Samsung and I noticed bad DSE on it compared to the Panasonic.
post #5157 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:

To answer your question, no, and if it does, it is very faint. I had a Pioneer Kuro 151 and watching hockey or playing NHL 2012 on PS3 the DSE was very distracting, so I know what you are talking about. Also one of the reasons why I wanted a new tv. So far, I have not noticed any DSE while watching a hockey game. It was very easily noticeable for me on the Kuro, but can't see it on the VT30. I also saw it on some Bluray pans on the Kuro, but not on the VT30. Best option is to go to the store when hockey is on and see if you notice it. When I went, one of the stores the salesman was trying to sell me hard on the Samsung and I noticed bad DSE on it compared to the Panasonic.

Thank you very much for the response!! From what I can tell at the store the 55vt30 had no dse ans this is huge for me!! Was such a pain with my kuros. Is the phosphor lag better then the kuro?

Also I never had issues of image retention on my kuro, should I expect the same from the vt30?
post #5158 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:

Great post but don't you know that now you've angered the Pioneer Elite gods. I can feel the Earth shaking with your post indicating the VT30 is better than your Pioneer.

No worries, I totally agree with all points made! The VT30 is an awesome display.

Enjoy!

ZaneZ
post #5159 of 6439 Old 01-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvette94 View Post

None. I watch quite a bit of soccer and it's easy to spot on many other tvs.
post #5160 of 6439 Old 01-29-2012, 12:14 PM

Okay I'm new to plasma as of lately before I had the xvt3d554sv vizio led tv, it went dead and didn't want to bother getting a repair man to fix lasted a year right outside of warranty which I think is pathetic and didn't want to give vizio any more of my money never getting a vizio tv again pic was good but quality wasn't if it went out on me in a year. Now I pulled the plug on the vt30 55 inch is this tv better or should i cancel my order. How do I keep up with a plasma, led there is no work but I hear you have to work with plasma suggestions please. Also any settings calibration I should tweak it with out the box to get best picture and what's the issue with floating blacks etc how can this be fixed if I experience it. Any other information you guys can think of will help me greatly feel free to post and let me know again first plasma. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Oneore thing is there burn in effect with this tv or IR and how do I avoid it thanks
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page