Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 174 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5191 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone have their VT30 randomly turn off and then turn right back on again?

Happened last night, I probably have over 600 hours on this VT30 and it's otherwise doing well. No other devices on the Monster Power Center turned off, the cables were all checked and plugs, etc. No remote in line of sight to cause this, no power dips in the house, all other appliances or electronics are fine.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5192 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 07:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

I would check with the particular calibrator you plan to use; however, most of the written recommendations from calibrators I've seen recommend at least around 250 hours; therefore, you should be fine.

Thanks mvp2005fan. I recall one recommended calibrator in the Arizona area. I'll have to search the threads for his name. But as for the TV right out of the box with me touching NO SETTINGS at all it is great!
post #5193 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

I don't believe there is a difference.

Some pros prefer the former term because the television really isn't "broken in" by using it.

The one commonly used term that most avoid when talking about panel prep is "burning in".

Thaniks. The reason I asked was because in DNice instructions not to use slides as break-in. So I think he is saying there is a difference.
This procedure is NOT designed nor recommended to be used as Break-in
post #5194 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post

Anyone have their VT30 randomly turn off and then turn right back on again?

Happened last night, I probably have over 600 hours on this VT30 and it's otherwise doing well. No other devices on the Monster Power Center turned off, the cables were all checked and plugs, etc. No remote in line of sight to cause this, no power dips in the house, all other appliances or electronics are fine.

Thanks in advance

Were you touching the TV at the time? I've had static (even when I couldn't feel it) do some similar things to home theater equipment (especially that awful grey metal Scientific Atlantic cable DVR).
post #5195 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

Thaniks. The reason I asked was because in DNice instructions not to use slides as break-in. So I think he is saying there is a difference.

Hmmm...you're a much more careful reader than I am. I guess I'll shut up and let DNice speak to the difference.
post #5196 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
breakin is a hold over term about early plasmas and even CRTs.
To use the term would suggests that after 150hrs the screen will be IR/Burnin proof.It won't be.
DNice must be specific
about slides so people don't blame him for IR because "it said panel burnin prep".
Basically the plasma panels loose brightness in different rates depending on color. IE, blue loses fastest and green slowest.
His prep is to even the loss of brightness
of new pixels so his
measuring and subsequent offsets are the same on your set as they are on the ones he calibrated.
post #5197 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
No, was far away from it and watching.

I did take a closer look and noted that the plug was 1/3 of the way out of the Monster Power Center (plug for the tv) --

Would that do it? I don't mean to sound stupid, but would the tv turn off and then right on again? I thought if it shut off, it wouldn't just turn back on itself again, am I wrong? I figure you'd have to power it on with Power button or the remote

thnx
post #5198 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWldLif View Post

breakin is a hold over term about early plasmas and even CRTs.
To use the term would suggests that after 150hrs the screen will be IR/Burnin proof.It won't be.
DNice must be specific
about slides so people don't blame him for IR because "it said panel burnin prep".
Basically the plasma panels loose brightness in different rates depending on color. IE, blue loses fastest and green slowest.
His prep is to even the loss of brightness
of new pixels so his
measuring and subsequent offsets are the same on your set as they are on the ones he calibrated.

Thanks for the explanation.
post #5199 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

I did take a closer look and noted that the plug was 1/3 of the way out of the Monster Power Center (plug for the tv) --

Would that do it? I don't mean to sound stupid, but would the tv turn off and then right on again? I thought if it shut off, it wouldn't just turn back on itself again, am I wrong? I figure you'd have to power it on with Power button or the remote

thnx

Intermittent connection?

Having it 1/3 of the way out is asking for trouble.

Michael
post #5200 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel7 View Post

The reason I asked was because in DNice instructions not to use slides as break-in. So I think he is saying there is a difference.

That's D-Nice's disclaimer which he probably included because so many misconceptions about his calibration process have arisen. His procedure has been offered for one and only one reason.

Given a new, out of the box, display of the same model as the one calibrated by D-Nice, following his calibration procedure will result in a display that comes as close as possible to the one that D-Nice calibrated. In the past, for some of the displays that he has posted settings for, he has estimated that following the procedure exactly will get you within five percent of the results that he achieved on the display that he calibrated. I don't recall if that that estimate varies by display model, but it might.
post #5201 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

thnx

Have you ever experienced a power outage? Any device left in the state (on/off) at the time of the power outage will still be in that state when the power comes back on. So no, after a power outage you do not have to turn devices back on. They are already on, but just waiting for power.

No plug should ever be left partially out of a power socket. That may have caused the TV to be without power for a short time. If you have all your plugs securely in their respective sockets, and have the same problem again then you may have a problem with your display's power supply. Of course, if other devices in your house lose power at the same time it's not the TV's problem.
post #5202 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Liked: 10
Wanted a bit of advice. Just ordered the tc-p65vt30 and wanted to know which wall mount is the one to go for. Ideally I wanted it mounted across 3 studs (because I like to be really cautious). I wanted a static mount that was as low profile as possible. The monoprice low profiles will only mount on two studs and the sanus mount on amazon that will extend and mount on 3 mounts looks a bit thick to me.

Any advice is much appreciated.
post #5203 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saz_1 View Post

Wanted a bit of advice. Just ordered the tc-p65vt30 and wanted to know which wall mount is the one to go for. Ideally I wanted it mounted across 3 studs (because I like to be really cautious). I wanted a static mount that was as low profile as possible. The monoprice low profiles will only mount on two studs and the sanus mount on amazon that will extend and mount on 3 mounts looks a bit thick to me.

Any advice is much appreciated.

I used the Sanus VMPL3B for my 65VT30. Supports either tilting or low-profile. Goes across three studs. Very sturdy. I used the low profile mount and cut into the wall for power and cables.
post #5204 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 01:41 PM

I've been enjoying my second 65VT30 for about 2 weeks now (the first I returned because of fluctuating brightness). The picture is great, no FBr or any other problems that I've noticed so far, and I'm having the set professionally calibrated in mid-February. However, it is a June build with an EEPROM value of 84:44. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere in this forum, but if the set isn't exhibiting FBr, is there any reason to install the EEPROM update? If so, does it matter if the installation occurs before or after calibration?
post #5205 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM

I have attached my calibration report for everyone. Just a little history, I ran through all the D-Nice procedures and setting prior to the professional calibration by Gregg Loewen of Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc. All I can say is wow what a difference look at the changes in the report, the picture is a day and night difference. So those that are on the fence about a professional calibration on this set go for it you do not know what you are missing.

Sept Build, Firmware 2.1 then 2.2 applied.
200 hours of break-in slide prior to D-Nice settings.

The panel is so much brighter and colors are way more accurate it's incredible

Sorry could only upload 5 out of the 6 files but you will get the point.Attachment 235999

Attachment 236000

Attachment 236001

Attachment 236002

Attachment 236003
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #5206 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfleming007 View Post

I have attached my calibration report for everyone. Just a little history, I ran through all the D-Nice procedures and setting prior to the professional calibration by Gregg Loewen of Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc. All I can say is wow what a difference look at the changes in the report, the picture is a day and night difference. So those that are on the fence about a professional calibration on this set go for it you do not know what you are missing.

Sept Build, Firmware 2.1 then 2.2 applied.
200 hours of break-in slide prior to D-Nice settings.

The panel is so much brighter and colors are way more accurate it's incredible

Thanks so much for sharing these-- your calibration was really worth it!

Great decision!
post #5207 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 03:33 PM
tcc

Liked: 17
@cfleming007: would you mind if I asked how much it cost for the service? You can PM me if you're more comfortable that way.

Still on the fence about this for my 65vt30 as I'm pretty happy with D-Nice's settings.
post #5208 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternutty View Post

I've been enjoying my second 65VT30 for about 2 weeks now (the first I returned because of fluctuating brightness). The picture is great, no FBr or any other problems that I've noticed so far, and I'm having the set professionally calibrated in mid-February. However, it is a June build with an EEPROM value of 84:44. Apologies if this has already been asked and answered elsewhere in this forum, but if the set isn't exhibiting FBr, is there any reason to install the EEPROM update? If so, does it matter if the installation occurs before or after calibration?

Most people would update the EEPROM before having their display calibrated. If you are using any of the calibrators who's work is reported (post #2 for flat panels) in the link at the bottom of my post then I would recommend that you contact the one you're working with for their advise.

If you're having BB do the calibration then it probably doesn't make any difference. Their calibrations are superficial at best.
post #5209 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfleming007 View Post

I ran through all the D-Nice procedures and setting prior to the professional calibration by Gregg Loewen of Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc.

Thanks for your calibration report. I've included it in the flat panel (post #2) lists that are linked at the bottom of my post.

Enjoy.
post #5210 of 6436 Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcc View Post

@cfleming007: would you mind if I asked how much it cost for the service? You can PM me if you're more comfortable that way.

Still on the fence about this for my 65vt30 as I'm pretty happy with D-Nice's settings.

It might work better for you to contact the calibrator directly. Prices can vary depending on several factors. Somewhere in the $350 to $400 range is common for many situations. The first issue is where you are located in relation to the calibrator and his local area or tour areas.
post #5211 of 6436 Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here's some information from their website and the areas they cover: http://lionav.com/payonly.php

YMMV, of course -- so contacting the person you wish to hire directly is the way to go (as htwaits has said above).
post #5212 of 6436 Old 02-02-2012, 06:37 PM

Liked: 11
well,after purchasing a Samsung PN64D8000 a few weeks before xmas,I found myself also purchasing a Panasonic TC-65VT30 which arrived today.WOW that thing is heavy! Decided to put the Sammy downstairs in the "mancave" and putting the "Panny" upstairs in the familyroom above the mantle,on the wall above the gas insert fireplace.Anyone interested in donating Wheaties cereal,5 Hr energy drinks,a pair of stilts,and Popeyes forearms,Im gonna need them to lift this huge piece of solid flat panel Plasma above my head.Of course,I will have to paint the Familyroom before I mount it so I dont have to deal with dismounting it again in the near future,so if anyone is a good painter and doesnt mind cutting in the edges,I give you FIRST dibs on the remote after its all done! Any takers??????
post #5213 of 6436 Old 02-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
have you thought about an engine hoist?
post #5214 of 6436 Old 02-02-2012, 11:17 PM

For anyone using D-Nice reference settings, I can tell you there is nothing like having him calibrate your TV. I was using his reference settings and I was very unhappy with the color. D-Nice calibrated my VT30 today and its night and day. There is no substitute. I was ready to sell the plasma. After the calibration I am a happy camper.
post #5215 of 6436 Old 02-03-2012, 01:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard32 View Post

For anyone using D-Nice reference settings, I can tell you there is nothing like having him calibrate your TV.

Thanks for posting your comments about having your display calibrated. I've included a link to your report in the flat panel (post #2) lists that are linked at the bottom of my post.
post #5216 of 6436 Old 02-03-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pochoboy View Post

have you thought about an engine hoist?

Hmmmmmmm
post #5217 of 6436 Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard32 View Post

For anyone using D-Nice reference settings, I can tell you there is nothing like having him calibrate your TV. I was using his reference settings and I was very unhappy with the color. D-Nice calibrated my VT30 today and its night and day. There is no substitute. I was ready to sell the plasma. After the calibration I am a happy camper.

lizard32

11 years at AVS ((New Member)) 0.0004981 posts per day, I think you might have the record-->

If D-Nice lived by me, I would not be contemplating returning my 65VT30-->

HH
post #5218 of 6436 Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 AM

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good calibrator for the VT30 near Oklahoma (or who occassional tours the area?) I'm considering having a calibration done sometime in the future.
post #5219 of 6436 Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 AM
gce

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terzaghi View Post

Does anyone have a reccomendation for a good calibrator for the VT30 near Oklahoma (or who occassional tours the area?) I'm considering having a calibration done sometime in the future.

Try this thread. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=586330
post #5220 of 6436 Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:

Just go to Lionav.com and their pricing is right on the Site. Gregg was awesome explained eveything all the way through. Not only is he one of the best but he is also the Lead THX instructor for the Nation. He's got some really good stories as well. Belive me when I say it the changes between D-Nice setting which are very good (Thanks D-Nice) are night and day. I woud do again in a heart beat. I am scheduling Gregg to come back and do my other 3 sets as well.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page