Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 189 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5641 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarlton View Post

Got my Panasonic TC-P65VT30 Saturday. On hour 99.5 of the slides. The TV looks small with my speakers!

I love those speakers!
You probably got enough bass .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5642 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazybear View Post

Ugh, sorry to hear that. That's got me worried as well since I ordered from Amazon. I placed the order Saturday morning and still haven't received a call to schedule a delivery, though I'm taking into account that Monday was a holiday.

As for build dates, doesn't look like there's a compiled list anywhere which is a bit surprising. All I could find were ones that were included in individual reviews:

August build, Serial MJ1214XXXXX
serial number XX1244, build date September 2011
The build date is August 2011.. The serial number is MJ1216xxxx
January 2012 build. Serial is MJ2011xxxxxx

I hope that the only ones Amazon has left aren't returned units that they didn't find any problems with on their end. And I know some delivery people get anal when you want to test out the TV before you sign for it. Hm, I have a bad feeling about this now...

EDIT: BTW, which store did you get the TV from through Amazon? Mine shows I purchased it from Amazon and not some other store (For example, 'purchased from Paul's TV and fulfilled by Amazon).

Also, has anyone who has had issues considered contacting Panasonic to get it fixed rather than returning it? According to the warranty info they do on-site repairs for the larger TVs which I know the P65VT30 falls under. Just seems like it would be more convenient than getting TVs shipped over and over again.

All of them: fulfilled by Amazon

To be honest, we have completely lost faith in Amazon. They actually tried to replace the last P65VT30 with a used one someone had returned already and which was also damaged and had a 1213 build date to boot. I posted photos of the last 2 TV's: http://www.zodfly.com/amazon/

Now on the fifth, they are floating the "you should buy locally" and want to just give us a refund, instead of trying to resolve this issue and fix the problems on their end, so good luck with buying a large TV from these people. We have been dealing with this since December 1st, and it has been the worst experience I have ever had with a large purchase.

Edit: after escalating this issue, I received a call from Amazon CS today, they guy came across as making it sound like it was our fault, had this condescending attitude to boot. No resolution but to get a refund.
post #5643 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 AM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnV View Post

To be honest, we have completely lost faith in Amazon.

That's horrible luck you've had from Amazon! I've purchased 3 Plasmas for Amazon thru the years and have had no problems at all.

Sorry for your luck and understand why you would not go back.
post #5644 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxdisciplexxx View Post

I'm in need of some ideas here!

When playing Forza 4(racing game) on my 55vt30 I can't help but notice all this shutter/glitch effect on the road and surroundings. What do you think I should tweak to get a sharper image without so much shutter?

Just to cover things my setup is this
-D-Nice settings
-HDMI plug
-Input Label is in GAME
-Reference levels for X360 set to standard
-HDMI color space on auto

So what setting do I need to adjust here? Bump it up from 60Hz maybe?

I had the same issue with Skyrim and MW3...turn off the motion smoother and disable pixel orbiter and it should go away
post #5645 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I use custom mode for tv, blue ray and gaming.. different settings for each, but I was curious, does anyone know what exactly count our does? I tend to think that it makes the picture more sharper.

Anyone recommend some good 3d settings? I have my tv calibrated but I'm not happy with the 3d settings, there is something that just doesn't look good about it, kind of a dull washed out picture.
Mo
post #5646 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsbr View Post

I had the same issue with Skyrim and MW3...turn off the motion smoother and disable pixel orbiter and it should go away

Disable pixel orbitor would make huds or score tickers stay on screen at same spot.
post #5647 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 12:58 PM

For 3D, google James Cameron's avatar setting. Do not download just apply the setting. After applying the setting, I found the 3D effect noticeably better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

I use custom mode for tv, blue ray and gaming.. different settings for each, but I was curious, does anyone know what exactly count our does? I tend to think that it makes the picture more sharper.

Anyone recommend some good 3d settings? I have my tv calibrated but I'm not happy with the 3d settings, there is something that just doesn't look good about it, kind of a dull washed out picture.
Mo

post #5648 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 24
aren't those settings for VT25? I have 55VT30?
post #5649 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 01:22 PM

hiya,

I'm based in the UK and thinking of buying the P50VT30B. I'd like to get the very latest build if possible.

Does anyone know the serial number on the box which would indicate the most recent build? preferably a 2012 build if they did any that recent!

Kind regards,

Bren
post #5650 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Disable pixel orbitor would make huds or score tickers stay on screen at same spot.

That's the point....the op is having trouble with things moving/being jittery during gaming. Leave it on, jitter/leave it off, no jitter
post #5651 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsbr View Post

That's the point....the op is having trouble with things moving/being jittery during gaming. Leave it on, jitter/leave it off, no jitter

Mine is on and I get no jittery screen. I do not notice it at all.

His issue has nothing to do with the pixel shifter
post #5652 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 PM

What I see is a screen flicker/ tear/ jitter along the entire height of the screen when I pan left and right in skyrim. If you do it fast, the flicker turns into a blur. I don't notice it in other games as Much, or really at all, but it's probably there. I have my 360 connected via component to denon 3808, then to vt30 via HDMI. Video processing in the denon is turned off. I did not notice this on my previous lcdrp. Im using dnice settings. So it sounds like I may need to change some setting in my 360? I noticed the difference immediately after playing skyrim on the new tv and it definitely was not there with my old tv

Any help is appreciated
post #5653 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Mine is on and I get no jittery screen. I do not notice it at all.

His issue has nothing to do with the pixel shifter

Its not the pixel shifter/orbiter that does it - it's the motion smoother. (I realize i had the orbiter in my first response)
post #5654 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terzaghi View Post

What I see is a screen flicker/ tear/ jitter along the entire height of the screen when I pan left and right in skyrim. If you do it fast, the flicker turns into a blur. I don't notice it in other games as Much, or really at all, but it's probably there. I have my 360 connected via component to denon 3808, then to vt30 via HDMI. Video processing in the denon is turned off. I did not notice this on my previous lcdrp. Im using dnice settings. So it sounds like I may need to change some setting in my 360? I noticed the difference immediately after playing skyrim on the new tv and it definitely was not there with my old tv

Any help is appreciated

It's the smoother (at least on my tv)...not the orbiter I mentioned earlier. My apologies for any confusion
post #5655 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM

Motion smoother is off. Doesn't help with it on or off.
post #5656 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 PM

Well its official, after 4 weeks with the sharp 70 inch 632 led, and just not satisified with the DSE and the full array diamonds appearing in light colour screens I coudn't take it andmore and I decided to exchanged for the vt30,,,,, new TV coming Tuesday, please tell me I will love it
post #5657 of 6439 Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM

motion smoother off, tried it in thx mode, game mode, etc... same issue =/
post #5658 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 06:48 AM

See if your tv is on 50hz while gaming. If yes, change it to 60hz. If you've got a xbox 360 you can do this in settings.
post #5659 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not a big hockey fan, but watched my first Blues game on my 65vt30 last night. During fast camera pans, when the puck was shot down the ice, I noticed a ghosting effect on the blue lines and at times around the players (almost like a faint double image). Does anyone else notice this while watching hockey. This probably happens only 20% of the time, but it's noticeable when it does.

My 52" Sony LCD exhibits severe blurring during hockey motion, while the Panny Plasma has this ghosting. Is hockey just a tough sport for flat panels, due to rapid motion?

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Sabin
post #5660 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 AM

I also notice this double image on panning scenes mostly in reality type shows like pawn stars, house hunters, Holmes inspection, etc. I have notices on others shows (including blu ray) to a lesser degree. It's mostly noticeable on vertical lines such as corners of walls, doors, windows.
post #5661 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

See if your tv is on 50hz while gaming. If yes, change it to 60hz. If you've got a xbox 360 you can do this in settings.

I did not see anywhere in the xbox 360 settings menu to change from 50hz to 60 hz.
post #5662 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgambarota View Post

I also notice this double image on panning scenes mostly in reality type shows like pawn stars, house hunters, Holmes inspection, etc. I have notices on others shows (including blu ray) to a lesser degree. It's mostly noticeable on vertical lines such as corners of walls, doors, windows.

My wife and I watch many of those shows you mentioned and we have not seen that on our 65VT30.
post #5663 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

I'm not a big hockey fan, but watched my first Blues game on my 65vt30 last night. During fast camera pans, when the puck was shot down the ice, I noticed a ghosting effect on the blue lines and at times around the players (almost like a faint double image). Does anyone else notice this while watching hockey. This probably happens only 20% of the time, but it's noticeable when it does.

My 52" Sony LCD exhibits severe blurring during hockey motion, while the Panny Plasma has this ghosting. Is hockey just a tough sport for flat panels, due to rapid motion?

Thanks,
Andrew

This is normal for hockey. Camera pans fast in that sport and you get that ghosting from time to time but it is what it is
post #5664 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Can someone help me understand what the proper settings are on the PS3 for use with the 65VT30 and DNICE settings?

PS3 settings in question:

BD / DVD Video Output Format (HDMI) Auto, RGB, or Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr
http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...ings.html#2462

Set the video output format to use when playing a BD or DVD. Set this option when the system is connected to a TV using an HDMI cable. Adjust the settings as necessary for the TV in use.
Y Pb / Cb Pr / Cr Super-White (HDMI) on or off
http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...uperwhite.html

RGB Full Range (HDMI) Limited or Full
http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...fullrange.html

I've read that DNICE suggests to turn Deep color off, that I have already done.

I think I had all of the settings set appropriately for my old TV but not sure how they should be set for the VT30.

thanks.

You began to answer these questions, but have not seen a completed answer/analysis. What are the ideal PS3 settings?

Thanks everyone/anyone who replies!
post #5665 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 12:45 PM

OK, this is my first post ever. I've been researching what TV to buy for 6 months. I knew about the Fbr issues, so when I went to BB, I told them I wanted a build date of August, 2011 or later. The mgr said he couldn't tell when it was without opening the box, but assured me it would be no problem.

Well, it came two days ago, and sure enough, it was a July, 2011 build date, serial #MG1185XXXX. Ugh!

But, based on the info I found about the PDP EEP menu, I checked my settings, and it has a value of 62.46! So, does that mean it is OK??

I know this is a "fixed" value for the GT30 TV, but does it also apply to the GT31? I got a really good deal, with Skype, 3D glasses and 3D Blu-Ray DVD player all thrown in...

Any help from you very knowledgeable people would be great!!!
post #5666 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:

I did not see anywhere in the xbox 360 settings menu to change from 50hz to 60 hz.

Change the setting to 1080p even if u already have, the screen will flash and you'll get to choose keep this or go to 50hz or some siht like that, don't remember but will check later. If you choose yes it will go to 50hz if I remember correctly, u do not want that sir.

I have no issues in BF3 multiplayer or Mass Effect 2. Btw I can now game endlessly lolol! Will be interesting to see how long term static things will affect my tv though, like fifa huds and stuff.
post #5667 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

Change the setting to 1080p even if u already have, the screen will flash and you'll get to choose keep this or go to 50hz or some siht like that, don't remember but will check later. If you choose yes it will go to 50hz if I remember correctly, u do not want that sir.

Red Herring.

This is only a feature of units designated 'PAL' and has no bearing on 360 gaming other than for backwards compatible PAL original Xbox titles. It is primarily there for video playback support of 50Hz encoded video.
post #5668 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvan View Post

Well its official, after 4 weeks with the sharp 70 inch 632 led, and just not satisified with the DSE and the full array diamonds appearing in light colour screens I coudn't take it andmore and I decided to exchanged for the vt30,,,,, new TV coming Tuesday, please tell me I will love it

You will love it .. There!!
post #5669 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Well, my 65VT30 arrived today and this thing is amazing. My first impression was, this tv just might not be for me. It looked dull and washed out, but then I played around with the settings in standard and custom and boy am I amazed. My wife - a non-electronics enthusiast - can't stop commenting on how real the picture looks and my 1 year old son keeps trying to touch the tv. If it keeps this way, I won't ever go back to an LCD/led.

fdsfds
post #5670 of 6439 Old 02-24-2012, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotchaa View Post
Given they are still using a refined in house developed LSI, I expect we will see the same issues with color and luminance this year unless they have revamped code and taken into account the numerous detailed reports from the field and lab provided

Weren't these issues fixed in the 2.1 FW update on the VT30 to allow for more accurate color calibration?

Thanks

Andrew Sabin
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page