Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 191 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5701 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF View Post

Anyone here using a Lion Mac mini as a video source? The video is choppy and apparently doesn't play well with certain TV enhancement features. I'm hoping someone knows what to turn off to help this problem.

Not a mini, but whenever I hook up my 2011 MBP .. the video is smooth for the most part [except in very fast moving scenes ]..

OS X ver. 10.7.3

I have most, if not all, enhancement features turned off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post

Don't risk it!! The 65" is one heavy SOB!!

This TV's not heavy. Now my old Sony 40" XBR TV was heavy! Right around 300lbs with that thick glass.
post #5703 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.agarwal View Post

Does anyone know the weight of this TV? My tv stand can only take upto 105 pounds plus I am not sure if my fireplace can take their weight. Stand itself is 30 pounds.

is pretty heavy, like 140 I think for the 65", but you know those glass shelf stands that say they can hold 150lbs, well I have seen a 378lb person stand on one and it didnt break so I think most stands are over rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

I keep posting on this forum one day saying the PQ is awesome the next day saying it sucks. Out of sheer desperation I decided to purchase a Sony XBR 929 LED to compare too.. perhaps I like that pop/brightness of an LED after all.. I'll post my comparison results. Gaming on the VT30 just doesn't do it for me, the PQ is so dull no matter if I use custom or game mode. I think the one thing that I just hate about tvs these days are the amount of settings.. it drives one crazy.
Mo

the lcd's are just crap IMO, total fake colors and bad contrast

get your TV professionally calibrated and you will see how much better it is then a LCD

I do ISF calibration and I have only calibrated 1 of these so far (only 2 VT25's and only a few GT,ST25's) but I have done a new Elite which is a LED LCD and its not bad but still has many problems like non-uniform brightness and problems due to the backlighting and its local dimming - also brightness would bleed into the black bars on a 2.35:1 movie when something bright was at the edge - color accuracy is pretty bad and ahrd to correct still not being perfect for all ire ranges

nothing, and I mean nothing has come close to the last Elite's from Pioneer and I am not the only one who thinks so, many reviews still hold it as the "reference" for all others because I got to say the color accuracy was second to none save a $25,000+ medical imaging screen and it still is

but the Pioneer had a setting called "Pure" and it was just about perfect, the ISF modes (this TV has those also) were just a little better - on these TV's the THX mode is not as perfect and the ISF modes are a lot better, but you need to have it professionally calibrated to get the ISF modes to work

I want the retro skin back please
post #5704 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 AM

Finally pulled the trigger on the 65vt30. Ran the slides as per D-nice(every time I see that name I can here the song in my head) along with the settings. Mostly happy but if there is more I want it. The TV is about 15 days old with about 4 to 5 hrs a day worth of watching after the first 100 with the slides. My question is, is there an optimal range of hours at which to consider professional calibration.

TIA: Menace

I'd rather give you $10 than 10 minutes. I can always earn $10, where do I go to earn 10 minutes.
post #5705 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 AM

New to this forum, a BIG thank you to all of you who post this awesome information. I have searched this forum and read through MOST of the posts to this thread. So, I apologize in advance if someone has already posted on the topic I have a question about.

I waited and finally pulled the trigger on the Panny 55ST30, I own 2 other Panasonic Plasmas, so I was confident in the decision, but wanted to wait it out until the FB issue was resolved. Fast forward 9 months to last week and unboxed this wonderful display.

Nov 2011 build, but SN is xx1205xx

I notice, really only when watching sports (basketball and hockey) the screen flicker, as if someone in the room with me just took a picture with the flash on....at this very same time, the screen brightness changes (lighter or brighter mainly, occasionally darker) Would this be part of the FB issue?

I read the link on tfoltz's signature and he talks about viewing basketball and hockey games, so before I call to begin a claim...would someone be able to chime in on my issue if I have accurately described it??? Its pretty annoying, but really only visible when viewing sports (which is my main viewing content) I hate to get all worked up if this is a normal issue, and if so, is there a way to lessen the 'noticeability' of it?

thanks!
post #5706 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazybear View Post

The 65" is 140 lbs.

So my TV is coming this Tuesday, hopefully in one piece. Anything wrong with trying out the 3D right away or watching a whole 2-hour movie in 3D?

Should be fine, but if you want to be cautious limit your menu access (to tv and disc) and zoom it if it has black bars. This TV has burn in potential. I got the word MENU burned in to my screen within the first 30 hours of use and could not get it to go away.
post #5707 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 AM

We have joined the ranks of 65VT30 owners! Bought it from a local store. Build date is Jan 2012.

Did the 100 hrs break-in slides and entered D-nice's settings. Then found out the settings are per input. Argh. Then found out the settings are also per 2D/3D. We put in D-nice's settings for 3D as well but noticed the colors are noticeably muted. More googling led us to Cameron's avatar 3D settings for the VT25 and we tried that (took us more time to undo D-nice's settings than punching in Cameron's). The colors are almost as vibrant as under 2D but the 2D picture still seems to be brighter. So what works for us in the end is D-nice's settings for 2D, and Cameron's Avatar settings for 3D. We've watched 6 - 7 movies (some with black bars) and 4 - 5 hours of HDTV and no sign of IR.

The PQ is a tremendous step up from our 55" Sony Grand Wega LCD, which had a beautiful picture in its best days, but is definitely past its prime and had lost much of its black level performance (probably a new bulb will help). The Sony is now consigned to gaming duties.

The Avatar 3D blu-ray special must be one of Panasonic's best marketing ploy. We never intended to get a 3D TV, but after watching Avatar in 2D, we wondered what it would look like in 3D. Our player is 3D capable, the receiver is 3D capable, here's a 3D blu-ray, the Sony is so old, so ... why not get a 3D TV? The rest, as they say, is history. And of course, we've since bought a bunch of 3D movies as well. The best one we've seen so far in 3D is How to Train Your Dragon. The worst one is Journey to the Center of the Earth.
post #5708 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:

I keep posting on this forum one day saying the PQ is awesome the next day saying it sucks. Out of sheer desperation I decided to purchase a Sony XBR 929 LED to compare too.. perhaps I like that pop/brightness of an LED after all.. I'll post my comparison results. Gaming on the VT30 just doesn't do it for me, the PQ is so dull no matter if I use custom or game mode. I think the one thing that I just hate about tvs these days are the amount of settings.. it drives one crazy.
Mo

Can't wait to hear your impressions.
post #5709 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post

it all depends on weather its 720p or 1080i

its probably 1080i but if its 720p then it shouldnt do that unless its not really 720p but your box is changing it to that or maybe the provider is turning 1080i into 720p because of some reason

but usually sports and anything with fast motion looks better in 720p then 1080i - now 1080p that would probably look better but I bet its just 1080i ran through a processor to make it 1080p

I have the DVDO VP-50 and it basically makes everything look better, even an Nintendo Wii - Jay Adelson from Revision 3 actually sold his house because the person who came to look at it couldnt believe that an Nintendo Wii could look that good and when he said it all comes with the house they were sold right there, lol - he mentioned this a few times to friends and it was also on video a couple of times from shows he does and taking about products

the VP-50 is older now there are newer ones but its still the same great processing, everyone should have one IMO after seeing what it does there is no way I can watch normal TV without it, it even does a good job with blu rays but they are usually already perfect so not much is needed

I understand that a good video processor would benefit OTA and DVDs, but is it worth the money for blurays, Xbox, and PS3?

The one you have is still over $700 so I was just curious.

Thanks
post #5710 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftkidney View Post

on these TV's the THX mode is not as perfect and the ISF modes are a lot better, but you need to have it professionally calibrated to get the ISF modes to work

Owners can also use ControlCAL G/VT30 Edition v2 to activate and adjust the VT30's ISFccc interface.

Of course, you should do a proper calibration to get the best out of it.

Need to find a Professional Calibrator?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me with your Display & City

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #5711 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Gaming on this tv is farrrrrrrrrrrrrr from dull on Custom and Game Mode

I use custom and it would be hard for any tv to top the greatness that I get with gaming

I also have no problems or issues gaming on my VT30.
post #5712 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck5421 View Post

After a lot of research and trying several different TV's I finally settled on the P65VT30 ( my first plasma ever) and love it. I have had it for about two weeks and just the other day I noticed line bleed when a guy was standing next to some blinds while watching cable tv. Now I notice it all the time when there is any type of stripes, lines, or text on a lite background and it bothers the crap out of me since I paid $3000 for this tv. is this a common issue with all Plasma Tv's or did I just get a bad one?

I see it (line bleed) too on my 55VT30. It's not always apparent or there but in certain scenes and in certain circumstances I do see it. It's usually pretty feint but like you, once I did notice it, I probably have noticed more than most would watching the same set if they didn't already know it was there or to look for it. Thankfully it's only occasionally that it shows up but when it does, it bothers me too considering the price paid and the caliber of television the VT30 is billed to be. In every other respect/aspect however, I'm completely happy with my set so I'm willing to forgive this one flaw. I've had mine pro calibrated and while that didn't help the occasional line bleed issue, it did improve the picture quality by a good margin and I had already been greatly impressed with it before the calibration.
post #5713 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsound8 View Post

what system / games are you playing? Mine looks like crap with both my PS3 and 360 with any games that play at less than 60 frames per second and I still haven't found a fix. Unacceptable judder and some screen tearing.

Games like MW3 look freakin amazing but Skyrim looks like crap. Have you found a fix I'm unaware of or does the judder not bother you?

I play xbox and ps3

My xbox games are currently mw3, nba 2k12, Madden 12, Both Batman games

My ps3 games are all 3 Uncharted and MLB the show 12 (coming this weekend)

I have no issues and the games look amazing...And I am a stickler for games looking amazing
post #5714 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Sorry, I tried skimming the thread and evenually gave up and can't find the answer on the Panny site.

Any chance the VT30 comes with a swivel stand? Lack of this feature is a showstopper for me so hoping they now have it -- last time I was in the market the flagship Panny's did not. We use this feature on our current main set at least 5-6 times a day...

Thanks.
post #5715 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 02:15 PM
gce

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post

Sorry, I tried skimming the thread and evenually gave up and can't find the answer on the Panny site.

Any chance the VT30 comes with a swivel stand? Lack of this feature is a showstopper for me so hoping they now have it -- last time I was in the market the flagship Panny's did not. We use this feature on our current main set at least 5-6 times a day...

Thanks.

No swivel on the VT30's
post #5716 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

I play xbox and ps3

My xbox games are currently mw3, nba 2k12, Madden 12, Both Batman games

My ps3 games are all 3 Uncharted and MLB the show 12 (coming this weekend)

I have no issues and the games look amazing...And I am a stickler for games looking amazing

Same here, graphics wise.

I play Fifa 12, Battlefield 3(A LOT) and Mass Effect 2(A LOT). In a week I will play Mass Effect 3 non stop, lol ^.^
post #5717 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gce View Post

No swivel on the VT30's

I also needed a swivel mount for my VT30 application. I mounted my VT30 on a lazy susan turn table that was designed for a CRT type TV and it works great. The lazy susan is solid oak, painted black and is slightly larger than the footprint of the VT30 stand. When I first placed the VT30 on the swivel, I did not like the stablity. The lazy susan swivel came with a 12 inch diameter bearing which was too small. I found a 18 inch diameter bearing on-line that was only 1/4 inch thick and replaced the original lazy susan bearing. It is very stable and works great.

JNMNL52--TC-P55VT30, Panasonic DMP-BDT310 BluRay Player, Bose V25 Home Theater System Media Center, Monster 1000HD HDMI cables.
post #5718 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 55
How can I connect headphones directly to the 65vt30, without a receiver?
post #5719 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvision7m View Post

I see it (line bleed) too on my 55VT30. It's not always apparent or there but in certain scenes and in certain circumstances I do see it. It's usually pretty feint but like you, once I did notice it, I probably have noticed more than most would watching the same set if they didn't already know it was there or to look for it. Thankfully it's only occasionally that it shows up but when it does, it bothers me too considering the price paid and the caliber of television the VT30 is billed to be. In every other respect/aspect however, I'm completely happy with my set so I'm willing to forgive this one flaw. I've had mine pro calibrated and while that didn't help the occasional line bleed issue, it did improve the picture quality by a good margin and I had already been greatly impressed with it before the calibration.

thanks.
I have quite some time before my return/exchange period is up so I will see if I can live with it long term. my only dilemma if I decide not to keep it is in all my research it seems the vt30 is one of the better tvs to get currently. I've considered waiting for the VT50 but there is no guarantee it won't have it either and I doubt it will be priced near what I paid ($2,799+tax) for the 65".
post #5720 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I own the 65ST30 and see line bleed on this set a lot more than I ever did on my 50px80u. It could be the larger size, but I think they somehow made it more prevalent on 2011 sets.

PSN: PrankT

post #5721 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11underpar View Post

New to this forum, a BIG thank you to all of you who post this awesome information. I have searched this forum and read through MOST of the posts to this thread. So, I apologize in advance if someone has already posted on the topic I have a question about.

I waited and finally pulled the trigger on the Panny 55ST30, I own 2 other Panasonic Plasmas, so I was confident in the decision, but wanted to wait it out until the FB issue was resolved. Fast forward 9 months to last week and unboxed this wonderful display.

Nov 2011 build, but SN is xx1205xx

I notice, really only when watching sports (basketball and hockey) the screen flicker, as if someone in the room with me just took a picture with the flash on....at this very same time, the screen brightness changes (lighter or brighter mainly, occasionally darker) Would this be part of the FB issue?

I read the link on tfoltz's signature and he talks about viewing basketball and hockey games, so before I call to begin a claim...would someone be able to chime in on my issue if I have accurately described it??? Its pretty annoying, but really only visible when viewing sports (which is my main viewing content) I hate to get all worked up if this is a normal issue, and if so, is there a way to lessen the 'noticeability' of it?

thanks!

What you are seeing are flashes from cameras. You won't notice it in baseball or football because they are played on grass suffices - nom reflective - but hockey and basketball are both played on extremely reflective surfaces. I have this effect on all of my tv's, my 2 lcd's, 1 led, and my plasma. The lighter to brighter is a tough one, only thing I could say is different camera angles will give you different light settings, but I'm reaching on this one.

fdsfds
post #5722 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Mo

I have both. Panasonic TC-P65VT30 and Sony XBR-55HX929 [ room ]

Although I personally prefer the Panny, the Sony is incredible and most of the family/friends prefer it over the Plasma!

The pop on the Sony [especially the blacks which are better than the Panny!! ] is superb, if that's what you're looking for! The blacks are inky [almost wet looking ] but don't push the brightness to below 40 or it'll crush the blacks!

The thing with 929s [ I went thru 3 before finding the *good* one] is vertical banding [ more apparent on the 65"ers ] which may or may not fade away after 100 hrs [ yes this TV gets much better after 100-150 hrs! ].

Then, there is clouding and blooming. There's nothing you can do about the clouding issue. Some sets have more than others. Local Dimming is disabled [ and cannot be enabled ] when you hit the HOME button [ menu screen ] or use the web browser. Why Sony chose to do this, is beyond me.. and most other owners!

The blooming is another downside of these full array locally dimming sets. My Samsung B8500 had it, the LG LH90 has it and so does the HX929! However, lowering the Backlight may help some!

What really turned me off [ hence this set resides in my room ] is the off angle viewing!! UGH! I wish Sony had used IPS Panels over TN like LG used for their LH90 sets! Poor... POOR, washed out PQ when viewing off center, which gets progressively worse!!

The banding may fade after 100-150hrs [ like on mine ], the blooming is bearable by lowering the backlight [ I have it set at 2 for night and 4 for the daytime. Be sure to disable the Ambient Sensor!! ], the clouding is your draw of the luck.. But, nothing you can do about the poor off angles!!!

Also, I hope you have a decent sound system [ HTiB or at least a soundbar if nothing else ] because the speakers on the 929 are beyond pathetic!!

Either way, I hope you get a good set and enjoy it!!!

Test for Vertical Banding here [ use solid colors ] : http://www.walvisions.com/TestPatterns.html
post #5723 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 05:23 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsound8 View Post

what system / games are you playing? Mine looks like crap with both my PS3 and 360 with any games that play at less than 60 frames per second and I still haven't found a fix. Unacceptable judder and some screen tearing.

Games like MW3 look freakin amazing but Skyrim looks like crap. Have you found a fix I'm unaware of or does the judder not bother you?

Ive yet to find a solution to the judder on skyrim. It's on GOW 3 as well, not quite as bad though.
post #5724 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

It was calibrated by me

Sure was. Kinda missing my Kuro you took home with ya.

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #5725 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfoltz View Post

I own the 65ST30 and see line bleed on this set a lot more than I ever did on my 50px80u. It could be the larger size, but I think they somehow made it more prevalent on 2011 sets.

Possibly you're right. This is my first plasma and my first television to show any line bleed but it's also the best picture quality I've ever had as well so you have to take the good with the bad I suppose. Another member posted that no display is perfect and I know that to be true, they've all got their respective issues so to me this is a minor though no less annoying one in the larger scheme of things. I think the line bleed is caused by Panasonic having to meet very stringent energy star standards so the set cannot output the correct amount of electricity eliminate the line bleed completely. Hopefully the VT50 will finally knock Panasonic and the VT series into KURO territory. Here's hoping anyway.
post #5726 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Thanks a bunch for the info, I hope that the 929 will be something I like, we will see. I'll post my 2 cents if anyone cares when I get the Sony on Monday.
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post

I have both. Panasonic TC-P65VT30 and Sony XBR-55HX929 [ room ]

Although I personally prefer the Panny, the Sony is incredible and most of the family/friends prefer it over the Plasma!

The pop on the Sony [especially the blacks which are better than the Panny!! ] is superb, if that's what you're looking for! The blacks are inky [almost wet looking ] but don't push the brightness to below 40 or it'll crush the blacks!

The thing with 929s [ I went thru 3 before finding the *good* one] is vertical banding [ more apparent on the 65"ers ] which may or may not fade away after 100 hrs [ yes this TV gets much better after 100-150 hrs! ].

Then, there is clouding and blooming. There's nothing you can do about the clouding issue. Some sets have more than others. Local Dimming is disabled [ and cannot be enabled ] when you hit the HOME button [ menu screen ] or use the web browser. Why Sony chose to do this, is beyond me.. and most other owners!

The blooming is another downside of these full array locally dimming sets. My Samsung B8500 had it, the LG LH90 has it and so does the HX929! However, lowering the Backlight may help some!

What really turned me off [ hence this set resides in my room ] is the off angle viewing!! UGH! I wish Sony had used IPS Panels over TN like LG used for their LH90 sets! Poor... POOR, washed out PQ when viewing off center, which gets progressively worse!!

The banding may fade after 100-150hrs [ like on mine ], the blooming is bearable by lowering the backlight [ I have it set at 2 for night and 4 for the daytime. Be sure to disable the Ambient Sensor!! ], the clouding is your draw of the luck.. But, nothing you can do about the poor off angles!!!

Also, I hope you have a decent sound system [ HTiB or at least a soundbar if nothing else ] because the speakers on the 929 are beyond pathetic!!

Either way, I hope you get a good set and enjoy it!!!

Test for Vertical Banding here [ use solid colors ] : http://www.walvisions.com/TestPatterns.html

post #5727 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNMNL52 View Post

I also needed a swivel mount for my VT30 application. I mounted my VT30 on a lazy susan turn table that was designed for a CRT type TV and it works great. The lazy susan is solid oak, painted black and is slightly larger than the footprint of the VT30 stand. When I first placed the VT30 on the swivel, I did not like the stablity. The lazy susan swivel came with a 12 inch diameter bearing which was too small. I found a 18 inch diameter bearing on-line that was only 1/4 inch thick and replaced the original lazy susan bearing. It is very stable and works great.

Thanks.

Where did you get the lazy susan? I looked into this when I was last shopping several years ago and couldn't easily find one that was a good fit and not obnoxiously big.

I do find it frustrating Panasonic keeps not having a swivel option. They used to claim it was going to each year at CES -- and actually had working swivel stands there -- then when the production model would come out it was always missing that feature. I wasn't at CES this year so I don't know if they even bother making that claim anymore. I guess for some it's just a like-to-have but my family considers it their favorite feature. They would settle for a mid-range LCD screen before they've give up being able to rotate the screen throughout the day.
post #5728 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citivas View Post

Any chance the VT30 comes with a swivel stand?

Thanks.

I bought a Regal 60-In. 4-in-1 TV Stand with Mount by Walker Edison for $268.97 from the usual suspects.

It holds my new 65" VT30 just fine. The mount swivels perhaps 30 degrees either direction. Very well made for this sort of prefab furniture thingy.
post #5729 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 06:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Remember we talked about this prior to your VT30 purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLS2 View Post

Sure was. Kinda missing my Kuro you took home with ya.

post #5730 of 6439 Old 02-27-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvision7m View Post

Possibly you're right. This is my first plasma and my first television to show any line bleed but it's also the best picture quality I've ever had as well so you have to take the good with the bad I suppose. Another member posted that no display is perfect and I know that to be true, they've all got their respective issues so to me this is a minor though no less annoying one in the larger scheme of things. I think the line bleed is caused by Panasonic having to meet very stringent energy star standards so the set cannot output the correct amount of electricity eliminate the line bleed completely. Hopefully the VT50 will finally knock Panasonic and the VT series into KURO territory. Here's hoping anyway.

I also own the 65VT30 and have noticed that the line bleed is much more noticeable than my older 50 inch Panny 800U. For what it's worth, I had 2 Samsung 64 7000s and the line bleed was much worse on those sets.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page