Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 197 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5881 of 6436 Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Senior Member
 
terzaghi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribby2001 View Post


That's what I suspected afterall since passing 5.1 from HDMI would probably violate some rule.

But no matter since I was primarily trying to figure out OTA TV-audio to the HT-audio system.

And once again, is that optical Digital Out jack on the TV a Mini-Toslink jack?

I'm not familiar with Toslink connectors but I'd rather do without the included optical adapter/dongle thingee (less loss).

I'm using the optical output adapter with zero issues. It will not create any loss in audio quality whatsoever, either by ear or measurement.
terzaghi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5882 of 6436 Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
BillP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: PA
Posts: 13,696
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartin View Post

New owner of Panny TCP 65VT30. Not overly impressed with factory picture settings. Anyone advise on some good settings?

Right here.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post21184220
BillP is offline  
post #5883 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
JohnnytheSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: The Twin Cities
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK...just found out I have some IR (not burn-in, hopefully) of the Food Network logo on the bottom right of my screen. It's only visible on the green slides from Evangelo, but I'm worried about it of course.

Some background: I have about 1000 hours on my VT30 purchased in September, ran D-Nice's panel prep for about 120 hours, and have been using his settings exclusively. I have the TV on Size 1 for cable, Size 2 for every other input (Blu-ray, 360, PS3), and Pixel Orbiter ON for everything as well. I'm about to get in to some heavy gaming with the release of Mass Effect 3, and there is a small HUD on the bottom that disappears during talking and cutscenes (maybe a 65/35 split with the HUD the former percentage).

What can I do to get rid of the IR? Should I run the Evangelo slides frequently? Is it safe to run slides with the D-Nice panel prep settings or on Vivid to accelerate it's removal? Leave them on the regular D-Nice mostly calibrated settings when running slides? Run the larger pack of slides (w/ 100 or so colors)? Run the screen wipe back-to-back-to-back?

I'm worried about this, and it's going to bug me especially since my game will run at least 50 hours and I'll probably keep it in my Xbox for the next several months. If I'm seeing Food Network at this stage in my TV's life, it's likely I'll see the 2.35:1 bars down the line as we watch a 70/30 split with those movies, and who knows what else.

HELP!
JohnnytheSkin is offline  
post #5884 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
The pic has the ability to be quite good. But the following issues have me thinking return.

1. Ambient light filter is not even in the same zip code as my kuro. During the day, my kuro stays tight while the vt craps itself and goes to the laundromat to get washed out.

2. The real deal breaker for me. I spent a fair amount of time in the menus after about 50 hours and had the word Menu displaying itself on green and grey slides. After running pixel flipper for 3 full nights, it is still there plain as day. I feel pretty comfortable calling that burn in. I cant even watch one full discovery show without image retention.
And please dont start talking about my viewing habbits being the culprit. My kuro is set the same way and never a hint of IR.

3. Most of the color settings don't even seem to work, so dialing this beast in is brutal.

4. Black levels not great, but I knew that ahead of time. I could deal with this if not for the other BS.

I would try sammy out now that there is a firmware fix for the pops, but I am not sure I would be any happier.

Its sad that this is what we have to choose from.

PS I had not even seen the previous post when I wrote this! Pathetic. Shame on Panny

Choosing a 2011 flat screen is like choosing between GOP nominees.

BTW Slides will not help. Just get Disney wow disk and run the pixel flipper with high contrast period. It prolly won't help though. It may only be on the green slides for us atm but I think this is just a signe of things to come with this set. Btw, 1000 hours in, why were you running slides?

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5885 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
mohanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
You should try the XBR 929 SOny Led, I just got it and love it way more than my 55VT30. I got it from amazon.com, can't go wrong with a free 30 days return policy. I've only had it for 48 hours, so plan on playing around with it more to make sure, but my wife and I like it better than the panny. Just FYI.
Mo
mohanman is offline  
post #5886 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

You should try the XBR 929 SOny Led, I just got it and love it way more than my 55VT30. I got it from amazon.com, can't go wrong with a free 30 days return policy. I've only had it for 48 hours, so plan on playing around with it more to make sure, but my wife and I like it better than the panny. Just FYI.
Mo

Unfortunately, no 65 inch. I need at least the 64 inches or not worth ditching the kuro. It really does sound interesting that you like it that much more than the vt30. You mind telling me your experience with the led? Sounds like it might be worth waiting for 2012s.

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5887 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperMcFly View Post

The pic has the ability to be quite good. But the following issues have me thinking return.

1. Ambient light filter is not even in the same zip code as my kuro. During the day, my kuro stays tight while the vt craps itself and goes to the laundromat to get washed out.

2. The real deal breaker for me. I spent a fair amount of time in the menus after about 50 hours and had the word Menu displaying itself on green and grey slides. After running pixel flipper for 3 full nights, it is still there plain as day. I feel pretty comfortable calling that burn in. I cant even watch one full discovery show without image retention.
And please dont start talking about my viewing habbits being the culprit. My kuro is set the same way and never a hint of IR.

3. Most of the color settings don't even seem to work, so dialing this beast in is brutal.

4. Black levels not great, but I knew that ahead of time. I could deal with this if not for the other BS.

I would try sammy out now that there is a firmware fix for the pops, but I am not sure I would be any happier.

Its sad that this is what we have to choose from.

PS I had not even seen the previous post when I wrote this! Pathetic. Shame on Panny

Slides will not help. Just get Disney wow disk and run the pixel flipper with high contrast period. It prolly won't help though. It may only be on the green slides for us atm but I think this is just a signe of things to come with this set. Btw,
1000 hours in, why were you running slides?

The Sammy will be a bit brighter and have better colors, but if you think the Black levels are bad on the VT30 then you will not be happy with the Sammy.

I had slight image retention from a constant HUD in a game I play. I was able to get rid of it. What I'm not able to get rid of, after a month of ownership, is the "MENU" IR.

This is just crazy to me. I understand that Panny can't be held responsible for other sources, but how in the hell do they implement a menu display that is more damaging then anything else.

I know in the owners manual it explicitly states that IR/Burn in is not covered under warranty, but If it doesn't go away, I think I'll have a fighting chance to get something done about that.

It would be a direct problem with the set because of something THEY (Panasonic) did!

Oh, and be VERY careful when you see the "No input found" screen saver come up. It wreaks havoc within minutes.

Many other people on here don't seem to be having any issues with IR, so maybe certain sets are more prone than others.
MrVizio is offline  
post #5888 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Wow. This is completely unacceptable. I expect to see burn in on ghetto sets that are years old! Having a tatto of the word MENU on a brand new $3000 set is ludicrous. Some people may not be getting this because they like the IMO dim and muted look of a "calibrated" set. Which is fine, thats just not desired by many eye balls out there.

This steaming pile is going back. I really wanted to like this set. Oh well, back to the little 2008 set that works as it should.

And my settings are not far off from Dnice settings other than normal for color temp instead of warm2 and a couple contrast clicks

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5889 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Senior Member
 
MrVizio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperMcFly View Post

Unfortunately, no 65 inch. I need at least the 64 inches or not worth ditching the kuro. It really does sound interesting that you like it that much more than the vt30. You mind telling me your experience with the led? Sounds like it might be worth waiting for 2012s.

Sharp Elite 70" C' mon, just do it.
MrVizio is offline  
post #5890 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
mohanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperMcFly View Post

Unfortunately, no 65 inch. I need at least the 64 inches or not worth ditching the kuro. It really does sound interesting that you like it that much more than the vt30. You mind telling me your experience with the led? Sounds like it might be worth waiting for 2012s.

Look a couple posts back or the page before, I described my two cents as best as I could regarding the two tvs. I'm loving the sony, the gaming on it is so much better, I think my score has improved in COD... hehe
mohanman is offline  
post #5891 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Member
 
bayoubear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperMcFly View Post

Unfortunately, no 65 inch. I need at least the 64 inches or not worth ditching the kuro. It really does sound interesting that you like it that much more than the vt30. You mind telling me your experience with the led? Sounds like it might be worth waiting for 2012s.

sure there is...
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-XB...1141404&sr=8-1
bayoubear is offline  
post #5892 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Not sure how I missed the 65". Thanks for that. I did look at the elite again but can't justify the price. I will take a closer look at the Sony. Thanks

What also is killing me is the crippled power use on these. As soon as an all white or bright image pops up, the limiter kicks in and the screen looks like someone threw a shovel full of dirt on the screen.

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5893 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
As I ponder the return of the VT30 I checked the slides to see if Menu tatto has dissipated after trying to get rid of it all week, and what I find is the Menu still shows and now I can clearly read on the green slide "Planet Green" on the right. Keep in mind I only watched two shows yesterday with that logo and have been running pixel swapper for the last 18 hours.

If are thinking about buying a vt30, don't.

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5894 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew Sabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you're thinking about buying a vt30, I highly advise you proceed. The PQ is tops among currently available sets. Its likely you got a bad vt30. I'd venture to say the vast majority of vt30 owners are very happy, myself included. At the current reduced prices, new buyers can get a great picture for their money.

Andrew Sabin
Andrew Sabin is offline  
post #5895 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Member
 
Gamester5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would also advise to buy one. I have had mine since December and it is flawless. I would guess you got a bad set, return it and get a replacement.
Gamester5 is offline  
post #5896 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamester5 View Post

I would also advise to buy one. I have had mine since December and it is flawless. I would guess you got a bad set, return it and get a replacement.

Flawless in what sense? Maybe the IR is due to a bad panel, which it sounds like there are many. The ambient filter is crap and that is a fact. And many of the color settings don't even work.

And the voltage limiter creates dirt screen far more so than the 9gs. I respect that you enjoy your vt30 but flawless is not a word I would use to describe it. Even the 9g was not flawless.

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5897 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Andrew Sabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,055
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No tv ever made or that will be made is flawless, but the vt30 is one of the best sets out. The filter is actually one of the best, better than the samsung and most current plasmas. The kuro filter might be better, but is it worth double the price? My 65vt30 looks good even with moderate light. Most serious viewing should be done with minimal light anyway.

Andrew Sabin
Andrew Sabin is offline  
post #5898 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
TopperMcFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lakes Region NH
Posts: 1,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Not going to beat a dead horse. The vt30 is awesome. You win

I did not realize this set was only to be used for serious viewing and that rampant posts of IR are to be disregarded. Not sure what I was thinking.

Not sure how many of you that are defending this set have a 9g running side by side. Not in the same house but side by side.

If the IR is due to a bad panel I would def call this a very good set that is in no way worthy of a thousand dollar premium. Just my 2 cents

Gunga Gulunga..... Gunga Kunga Galunga..... On your deathbed you will receive total consciousness. So I got that goin' for me.
TopperMcFly is offline  
post #5899 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM
Member
 
tribby2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

... I'm loving the sony, the gaming on it is so much better, I think my score has improved in COD... hehe

How's that Sony 3D working for you?

I sent my Sony LED back with the atrocious 3D flaw - DDoouubbllee VViissiioonn (crosstalk). Heard it is a design defect on EVERY Sony 3D TV and Sony will not, can not, rectify the defect. Before I bought a Panny plasma I was a Sony only consumer going back decades. I just recently retired a perfectly working 30 year old Sony CRT "Made in Japan". No more! Sony has lost it!

Now a happy owner of 3 Panny 2011 plasma sets - 65" VT, 50" GT & 42" ST. They are all beautiful.
tribby2001 is offline  
post #5900 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 04:35 PM
Member
 
wcmartin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2k View Post

I was traveling a bit and couldn't post this earlier. About a month ago, D-Nice came to calibrate my 65VT30.
He took about 3+ hours, patiently explained what he was doing, and answered whatever questions I had.

All I can say is WOW! It is getting better and better. My wife can't stop telling how good the TV is. When we watch movies in the night, in complete dark, darker scenes blend very well with the background.

Thanks D-Nice!

Enough has been said already, but I'll add it one more time, based on first hand experience. I would strongly recommend to get it calibrated by someone who is experienced working with such sets.

I,m currently running the slide colors. Wasn't aware D-Nice did house calls. Beside I live in Hamilton, Canada. He is probably in U.S. somewhere. So I guess there is an advantage to the house call and pro calibration. Will it compare to the 100 hr slide and his manual input?
wcmartin is offline  
post #5901 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Member
 
93SHOcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribby2001 View Post

That's what I suspected afterall since passing 5.1 from HDMI would probably violate some rule.

But no matter since I was primarily trying to figure out OTA TV-audio to the HT-audio system.

And once again, is that optical Digital Out jack on the TV a Mini-Toslink jack?

I'm not familiar with Toslink connectors but I'd rather do without the included optical adapter/dongle thingee (less loss).

While I have yet to try it, I thought that was the purpose of the ARC (audio return channel) of the HDMI 1.4 standard. The VT30 supports ARC and if you have a recent receiver it will probably support it as well. The ARC would take the audio signal from the VT30 (e.g if the VT30 received an OTA TV signal) and send it back to the receiver over the HDMI cable (reverse of normal direction which would have the receiver feeding the VT30 over the HDMI).
93SHOcar is offline  
post #5902 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Newbie
 
one100bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok guys help me out. I received my 65VT30 from BB 2days ago and it came with a manufacture date of April 2011, Serial # MH1116xxxx and has pdp eep of 84.43. I am trying to look for the FBrx but can't seem to notice it. Should I exchange it for another one and hope I get a later build date? Is it easy to notice the fluctuation? BB said they can deliver on Friday. What should I do? Also I noticed that no has posted any info regarding PDP EEP 84.43 if it's good or bad?


Thanks.
one100bill is offline  
post #5903 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 09:38 PM
Member
 
geomark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by one100bill View Post

Ok guys help me out. I received my 65VT30 from BB 2days ago and it came with a manufacture date of April 2011, Serial # MH1116xxxx and has pdp eep of 84.43. I am trying to look for the FBrx but can't seem to notice it. Should I exchange it for another one and hope I get a later build date? Is it easy to notice the fluctuation? BB said they can deliver on Friday. What should I do? Also I noticed that no has posted any info regarding PDP EEP 84.43 if it's good or bad?


Thanks.

It's bad. You want 84.46 and a build date of at least August with serial number XX1215XXXX or greater. I would exchange it for another one. It's possible the one you have has been sitting in their warehouse awhile. Your other option is taking delivery and contacting Panasonic for the Aboard swap. I hear it's a simple process.

Need. More. Bass.
geomark is offline  
post #5904 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Newbie
 
one100bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, I will exchange it. Hope they give me a better one. Lets say that it is not any better, should I just get Panasonic to repair it? If so, will it be just as good as one with a manufacture date of August or later? Thanks.
one100bill is offline  
post #5905 of 6436 Old 03-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bluescale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by geomark View Post

It's bad. You want 84.46 and a build date of at least August with serial number XX1215XXXX or greater. I would exchange it for another one. It's possible the one you have has been sitting in their warehouse awhile. Your other option is taking delivery and contacting Panasonic for the Aboard swap. I hear it's a simple process.


FYI, I purchased my television on a Saturday, called n Sunday to open a ticket with Panasonic to get the FBr fix, and the tech was at my house Tuesday afternoon to replace the a-board. It was a very painless process.
Bluescale is offline  
post #5906 of 6436 Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartin View Post

I,m currently running the slide colors. Wasn't aware D-Nice did house calls. Beside I live in Hamilton, Canada. He is probably in U.S. somewhere. So I guess there is an advantage to the house call and pro calibration. Will it compare to the 100 hr slide and his manual input?

It would be a whole lot better!

PS: You may wish to search for "htwaits" on this forum for a list of qualified calibrators for the VT 30 who service your area.
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #5907 of 6436 Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mvp2005fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by one100bill View Post

Ok guys help me out. I received my 65VT30 from BB 2days ago and it came with a manufacture date of April 2011, Serial # MH1116xxxx and has pdp eep of 84.43. I am trying to look for the FBrx but can't seem to notice it. Should I exchange it for another one and hope I get a later build date? Is it easy to notice the fluctuation? BB said they can deliver on Friday. What should I do? Also I noticed that no has posted any info regarding PDP EEP 84.43 if it's good or bad?


Thanks.

Does the television otherwise look good to you? You may wish to consider hanging on to it and having Panasonic come do the fix if the panel is otherwise to your liking, given some of the other potentially more serious sample flaws that others have reported. (As others have said, it's a pretty easy fix).

Also, FWIW, while having the latest EEPROM is desirable, not every panel with the eariler EEPROM has noticable fluctuation, and (and DNice has noted) even with the fix the fluctuation still exists, albeit greatly attenuated.

Good luck!
mvp2005fan is offline  
post #5908 of 6436 Old 03-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Member
 
tribby2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93SHOcar View Post

While I have yet to try it, I thought that was the purpose of the ARC (audio return channel) of the HDMI 1.4 standard. The VT30 supports ARC and if you have a recent receiver it will probably support it as well. The ARC would take the audio signal from the VT30 (e.g if the VT30 received an OTA TV signal) and send it back to the receiver over the HDMI cable (reverse of normal direction which would have the receiver feeding the VT30 over the HDMI).

That is also my understanding of ARC.

My A/V receiver is only HDMI 1.3 (no ARC) which is why I have the Oppo BDP-95 - dual HDMI outputs. One HDMI for audio to the A/V receiver and the second HDMI to the TV. Hence my need for the optical Digital Audio Out of the TV back to the A/V receiver for OTA broadcasts.
tribby2001 is offline  
post #5909 of 6436 Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member
 
mohanman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribby2001 View Post

How's that Sony 3D working for you?

I sent my Sony LED back with the atrocious 3D flaw - DDoouubbllee VViissiioonn (crosstalk). Heard it is a design defect on EVERY Sony 3D TV and Sony will not, can not, rectify the defect. Before I bought a Panny plasma I was a Sony only consumer going back decades. I just recently retired a perfectly working 30 year old Sony CRT "Made in Japan". No more! Sony has lost it!

Now a happy owner of 3 Panny 2011 plasma sets - 65" VT, 50" GT & 42" ST. They are all beautiful.

I'm honestly loving the sony much more, the PQ is amazing. I'm a big gamer, and that is where the money is. The movies/tv is only slightly better, I think its brighter and sharper. I have not yet tried 3d, I don't like 3d anyway, it gives me headache. I was never impressed by 3d on the panny, watched avatar, and shrek 4, it was kind of a bland picture.

The only negativity so far on the sony is that if you move from one part of the room to the other, the picture changes every so slightly, but I think that is a problem with all LEDs/LCDs.

I'm selling my VT30 if anyone in Michigan is interested.. 55" 2 year warranty still left.

Mo
mohanman is offline  
post #5910 of 6436 Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Senior Member
 
mvision7m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sullivan County, New York
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopperMcFly View Post

As I ponder the return of the VT30 I checked the slides to see if Menu tatto has dissipated after trying to get rid of it all week, and what I find is the Menu still shows and now I can clearly read on the green slide "Planet Green" on the right. Keep in mind I only watched two shows yesterday with that logo and have been running pixel swapper for the last 18 hours.

If are thinking about buying a vt30, don't.

It's a shame you've had such a poor experience with your VT30. While I have seen some short term I.R. I have not had ANY burn in or permanent I.R. I've had my set since October of 2011. Hope your next set works out for you.
mvision7m is offline  
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off