Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #5971 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

...so anyone who says that IR is no longer a problem on 2011 sets is misinformed

I don't recall anyone saying that (permanent burn-in is another matter and is pretty rare with 2011 sets). The moral of the story is to avoid hours upon hours on the same channel if a static logo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartin View Post

My 65VT30 manufacture date is Nov 2011. Have 2.2 firmware and eeprom 84.46. Have had set for two weeks. I'm noticing screen flicker (flashing) reqularly when watching hockey games. It's not the brightness fluctuate I have read about. Any ideas for fix? Is this an adjustment or service call to Panasonic. I have done the 100 hr and D-Nice calibration set-up. Flicker was there before the calibration set-up. Any ideas?

I notice the same thing on my ST30. I believe this is related to ABL, but I'm not sure. To me it looks the same as a CRT that is set at a refresh rate that's too low. I only notice it on a scene when there's a lot of bright content, which is why I think it might have to do with ABL.
post #5973 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0busin3ss View Post

Hi,

During the first 100 hours -probably 55- 65%. The logo was always on during the shows, off during commercials, so it was not a constant on situation. The set seems fine for now, I can barely see any residual DC artifacts.

What picture mode were you using?

Tyler Pruitt - Pro Calibrator - BionicAV
Technical Support - SpectraCal

THX Certified - Video Calibration

post #5974 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjeepmale View Post

Another thing not I noticed. When using Youtube in Vieracast I can't get the same content as searching from a pc. I even added a video to my favorites and went to the tv to try and play it, well it didn't appear. Is this app limited on the content or a parential setting that I need to adjust? Anything else I should be aware of with the apps on the tv?

I have Apple TV and ONLY there can I "login" to my YouTube account to see my Favorites. Not sure if YouTube via Viercast on the Panny TVs allow you to login to see them.

But I will say that there is one video of Kanye West's song that I can save as a Favorite and play on my PC but it does not show up even via Apple TV.
post #5975 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

My 65VT30 manufacture date is Nov 2011. Have 2.2 firmware and eeprom 84.46. Have had set for two weeks. I'm noticing screen flicker (flashing) reqularly when watching hockey games. It's not the brightness fluctuate I have read about. Any ideas for fix? Is this an adjustment or service call to Panasonic. I have done the 100 hr and D-Nice calibration set-up. Flicker was there before the calibration set-up. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, this has been reported in this thread before, and there have been no satisfactory "fixes" I've seen yet. I believe it is an inherent limitation of the panel and plasma technology, so I doubt a service call will be helpful; however, if you want, give them a holler and please let us know if they are able to do anything. Good luck!
post #5976 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

I don't recall anyone saying that (permanent burn-in is another matter and is pretty rare with 2011 sets). The moral of the story is to avoid hours upon hours on the same channel if a static logo.

1+ Any plasma is at risk for IR, especially if one watches lots of hours of the same fixed images in a relatively short period of time, especially early on in the life of the set. (That's why I think LED/LCDs are better for folks that like to do this.)

Personally, I've blocked History channel, but have watched every other channel people have mentioned here and don't have a problem--the most I ever watch straight is 3 hours for a football game.
post #5977 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 09:59 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post

I notice the same thing on my ST30. I believe this is related to ABL, but I'm not sure. To me it looks the same as a CRT that is set at a refresh rate that's too low. I only notice it on a scene when there's a lot of bright content, which is why I think it might have to do with ABL.

Yeah I think I have noticed this when contrast is turned up. The thing to try is turning down contrast, the theory being that if you turn it down enough then the screen doesn't reach the ABL limit as much and 'clip' anymore.

Also one thing to be careful of is camera flashes! When I first set up my VT I was of course watching very carefully and it took me a bit to clue in that the random flashes of brightness in hockey games were camera flashes not a problem with the set.

In general you have to question whether problems you see are with the source material. Another example I was paranoid about fluctuating brightness, but almost all of the fluctuations I saw were the same when I played the same clip on an LCD monitor and probably due to encoding of the material.
post #5978 of 6436 Old 03-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_mahaney View Post

It sounds like an HDMI problem (shouldn't have to do specifically with ARC). Did you try switching cables, or trying different inputs on both the TV and Marantz (TV HDMI 1 to Marantz HDMI 2, TV HDMI 2 to Marantz HDMI 3, etc)? Make sure as many variables as possible are eliminated, it could be a very simple fix.

It turns out that this problem only happens when Marantz 7005 HDMI output #1 (ARC) is connected to VT30 input #1 (ARC). When I change the input or the output, it goes away.

FIne with me, I guess, since I never use the ARC anyway. But so odd.
post #5979 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 03:25 AM

Lately I've been noticing that during certain scenes I see a horizontal line right in the middle of the TV screen that doesn't match anything in the picture itself. I have seen others where there where blinds in the back ground and the person standing in front of them would have the lines matching the blinds running across their face. Any thoughts? I thought I read that someone else had the issue but no idea what came about it.

About my set: All different sources running (directv, blu-ray, streaming) using D-nice's settings. Had the set since Aug, Sept?
post #5980 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Well, I found a deal on a 2011 Samsung 64D8000 and pulled the trigger. No matter what I did, my VT30 just had too many issues. The black level was not as great as I expected, the colors were too robust, terrible line bleed, jittery motion, but worst of all was the flickering screen. After an ISF calibration the problems were better, but still there. I am new to plasma, and have had rear projection and LED in the past, but the reports of deep black level drew me to the VT30. Since I have owned it I was always wondering about the "superior motion handling" of plasma technology, as my set looked like someone was dragging the picture across the screen, and with the motion smoother on it was totally unnatural. When watching a blu-ray in the right lighting conditions the picture was jaw dropping. Unfortunately the TV was too fickle, and would only look good on a Wednesday, between 2 and 4 PM, facing north, etc...

Part of the issue was with Comcast in my area. It is a pretty bad signal, and I was getting a lot of pixelation, and noise that wasn't there on blu-ray. Sometimes I wondered if the PQ was so high that it just amplified the problems with my signal, or anything that was not the highest resolution possible. This still didn't fix my black levels, or colors, etc.

So now after a few days with the Samsung, I will report that all is not perfect, but definitely the set I should have bought in the first place. With just some minor tweaks in the menu the PQ looks almost as good as my VT30 after a full calibration. The motion is much smoother, to my naked eye the black level looks almost as good, my cable signal looks a hundred times better, the 3D is almost perfect, the glasses are minimally a hundred times more comfortable, and most of all, and I can't stress it enough, there is minimal flicker! It is still there, but not even remotely close to as bad as the VT30. Now I feel like I am getting the benefits of plasma technology without all of the drawbacks of before.

Panasonic came out twice to look at my set and tell me that it is performing perfectly, and the flicker will be as bad on any PDP panel, so I believed them. The icing on the cake was a couple of weeks ago I had to go to the electronics store to pick up a laptop bag, and looking over the sales floor they had about a hundred TV's on the wall. Most of them were on "torch mode", but there was one in the bunch that was flickering like crazy. I thought, "hey, that set flickers as bad as mine. I wonder what kind of TV that is?" I walked over to it, and guess what... VT30. At that moment, I knew that change was inevitable, and I was so frustrated that I almost shelled out for a new Elite. Thankfully I took a deep breath, and looked for a good deal before pulling out my wallet.

So a few days ago, at the same store, they had one of their last D8000's on a really good sale, so I pulled up a seat and watched it for about an hour, played with the settings, etc. and now I have a VT30 for sale. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see what the hype is about, but it is just not the set for me. For some reason I find it baffling that a man can live with an artificial heart replacement, but a television manufacturer can't make a TV set without issues.
post #5981 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsore View Post

Well, I found a deal on a 2011 Samsung 64D8000 and pulled the trigger. No matter what I did, my VT30 just had too many issues. The black level was not as great as I expected, the colors were too robust, terrible line bleed, jittery motion, but worst of all was the flickering screen. After an ISF calibration the problems were better, but still there.

Glad you got something you can be happy with!

May I please ask: who did your calibration?
post #5982 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post

What picture mode were you using?

THX tweaked a bit. Contrast set at 58 and color turned up. Essentially the Cnet settings.
post #5983 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Like all the other reviews, I wanted to give my glowing review of my calibration by Doug Weil. Doug spend over 5 hours thoroughly explaining each step of his expert calibration my Panasonic 65VT30. The combo of increasing my understanding of the technology, the benefits of the changes (before/after measurements), and most importantly the substantial improvement in my PQ (with good PQ before), greatly exceeded my expectations. Going into the calibration I expected the end result would maximize the potential of my display, but the post calibration PQ, has increased the PQ from good to outstanding.

I highly recommend Doug's services to anyone in his travel area in the Midwest and Southeast, etc. I'm fortunate that he's located in my metro areas of St. Louis. To top it off, Doug is a very nice guy and gave me advice in other areas as well

Andrew Sabin
post #5984 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Glad you got something you can be happy with!

May I please ask: who did your calibration?

David Evans of 21st Century Calibration in Portland, OR. He was awesome. Calibrated the set twice. The first time he spent about five hours with it, and then he came back to tweak it, and ended up spending about another four hours on it. I'll be using him again on this set.
post #5985 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Jigsore,

I can tell you I just got my 65vt30 calibrated on ISF mode and there is a huge difference between THX mode and ISF. The calibrated ISF mode produces much better PQ than THX. My calibrator spent 5 hours fine tuning ISF mode. They're limited adjustments available in THX mode.

I had the Samsung 64d7000 for a few days and it buzzed like crazy...I could hear it with the volume at a moderate level. Also the black level on the Samsung was not as deep as the Panasonic. The motion handling on both sets is comparable from my recollection. I notice no objectionable flicker on my vt30 (and I'm very picky). I do see the same line bleed on all Plasma, that's more noticeable on larger sets. The line bleed is rarely visible during normal content. Plasma aren't advisable as a computer monitor anyway. Everyone has their opinion, but I'd say both the Panasonic and Samsung are great plasmas. Properly calibrated in ISF mode, the Panny has amazing PQ. There's definitely no perfect TV...even the best sets like these 2 have tradeoffs. I don't know if I could live with the Samsung buzzing.

Andrew Sabin
post #5986 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevea2be View Post

Lately I've been noticing that during certain scenes I see a horizontal line right in the middle of the TV screen that doesn't match anything in the picture itself. I have seen others where there where blinds in the back ground and the person standing in front of them would have the lines matching the blinds running across their face. Any thoughts? I thought I read that someone else had the issue but no idea what came about it.

About my set: All different sources running (directv, blu-ray, streaming) using D-nice's settings. Had the set since Aug, Sept?

This sounds like line bleed to me. I see it most on the green rating screen preceding previews. The first time I saw it, I thought something was horribly wrong. Turns out it's a common phenomenon on some plasmas.

Take a look at the second photo on this page. It describes what you're seeing with the blindes exactly:

http://www.tweakguides.com/HDTV_10.html
post #5987 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:

Well, I found a deal on a 2011 Samsung 64D8000 and pulled the trigger. No matter what I did, my VT30 just had too many issues. The black level was not as great as I expected, the colors were too robust, terrible line bleed, jittery motion, but worst of all was the flickering screen. After an ISF calibration the problems were better, but still there. I am new to plasma, and have had rear projection and LED in the past, but the reports of deep black level drew me to the VT30. Since I have owned it I was always wondering about the "superior motion handling" of plasma technology, as my set looked like someone was dragging the picture across the screen, and with the motion smoother on it was totally unnatural. When watching a blu-ray in the right lighting conditions the picture was jaw dropping. Unfortunately the TV was too fickle, and would only look good on a Wednesday, between 2 and 4 PM, facing north, etc...

Part of the issue was with Comcast in my area. It is a pretty bad signal, and I was getting a lot of pixelation, and noise that wasn't there on blu-ray. Sometimes I wondered if the PQ was so high that it just amplified the problems with my signal, or anything that was not the highest resolution possible. This still didn't fix my black levels, or colors, etc.

So now after a few days with the Samsung, I will report that all is not perfect, but definitely the set I should have bought in the first place. With just some minor tweaks in the menu the PQ looks almost as good as my VT30 after a full calibration. The motion is much smoother, to my naked eye the black level looks almost as good, my cable signal looks a hundred times better, the 3D is almost perfect, the glasses are minimally a hundred times more comfortable, and most of all, and I can't stress it enough, there is minimal flicker! It is still there, but not even remotely close to as bad as the VT30. Now I feel like I am getting the benefits of plasma technology without all of the drawbacks of before.

Panasonic came out twice to look at my set and tell me that it is performing perfectly, and the flicker will be as bad on any PDP panel, so I believed them. The icing on the cake was a couple of weeks ago I had to go to the electronics store to pick up a laptop bag, and looking over the sales floor they had about a hundred TV's on the wall. Most of them were on "torch mode", but there was one in the bunch that was flickering like crazy. I thought, "hey, that set flickers as bad as mine. I wonder what kind of TV that is?" I walked over to it, and guess what... VT30. At that moment, I knew that change was inevitable, and I was so frustrated that I almost shelled out for a new Elite. Thankfully I took a deep breath, and looked for a good deal before pulling out my wallet.

So a few days ago, at the same store, they had one of their last D8000's on a really good sale, so I pulled up a seat and watched it for about an hour, played with the settings, etc. and now I have a VT30 for sale. Don't get me wrong, I can definitely see what the hype is about, but it is just not the set for me. For some reason I find it baffling that a man can live with an artificial heart replacement, but a television manufacturer can't make a TV set without issues.

Good, detailed post. Glad you found a set that works for and satisfies you. Wish you the best of luck with it. Enjoy.
post #5988 of 6436 Old 03-15-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sabin View Post

Jigsore,

I can tell you I just got my 65vt30 calibrated on ISF mode and there is a huge difference between THX mode and ISF. The calibrated ISF mode produces much better PQ than THX. My calibrator spent 5 hours fine tuning ISF mode. They're limited adjustments available in THX mode.

I had the Samsung 64d7000 for a few days and it buzzed like crazy...I could hear it with the volume at a moderate level. Also the black level on the Samsung was not as deep as the Panasonic. The motion handling on both sets is comparable from my recollection. I notice no objectionable flicker on my vt30 (and I'm very picky). I do see the same line bleed on all Plasma, that's more noticeable on larger sets. The line bleed is rarely visible during normal content. Plasma aren't advisable as a computer monitor anyway. Everyone has their opinion, but I'd say both the Panasonic and Samsung are great plasmas. Properly calibrated in ISF mode, the Panny has amazing PQ. There's definitely no perfect TV...even the best sets like these 2 have tradeoffs. I don't know if I could live with the Samsung buzzing.

My VT30 has the THX, and Custom modes calibrated, and I have tried every setting in the book, including turning the contrast, and brightness all the way down just to see if the flicker would go away. Unfortunately it didn't. And it is not something that most people see. My wife said that she couldn't tell what I was talking about, but the calibrator said he sees it too and believes the problem is with power supplies not providing enough juice to power the white levels of the display so they can maintain Energy Star ratings. To me that makes sense.

I have read several other posts, and articles where people have mentioned the same thing you said, "I am very picky", but I don't think it is a matter of that. I think it is something your eyes pick up, or don't. Actually, I feel like I was pretty lucky with the quality of the VT30. I didn't have any FBR, or buzzing, and after calibration the picture was amazing outside of the flicker. This Samsung is definitely not a perfect set, and it does have some issues like minor FBR, and the black level is not as good (although without a meter it is hard to tell), also, the build quality is not as solid, the stand is ugly, etc. Not to mention that I have had terrible quality control issues with Samsung in the past.

I really tried to overlook the issues I was having on the Panasonic, but in the end it just didn't work for me. If you don't see the flicker, you have a heck of a nice TV set. It has been pretty strange to try to sell this thing. So far everyone has said "why are you selling the Panasonic and buying the Samsung?" And then I tell them the truth about seeing the flicker, then they are not interested. Oh well. At least I can enjoy movies and TV a little more in the mean time.
post #5989 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

My VT30 has the THX, and Custom modes calibrated, and I have tried every setting in the book, including turning the contrast, and brightness all the way down just to see if the flicker would go away. Unfortunately it didn't. And it is not something that most people see. My wife said that she couldn't tell what I was talking about, but the calibrator said he sees it too and believes the problem is with power supplies not providing enough juice to power the white levels of the display so they can maintain Energy Star ratings. To me that makes sense.

I have read several other posts, and articles where people have mentioned the same thing you said, "I am very picky", but I don't think it is a matter of that. I think it is something your eyes pick up, or don't. Actually, I feel like I was pretty lucky with the quality of the VT30. I didn't have any FBR, or buzzing, and after calibration the picture was amazing outside of the flicker. This Samsung is definitely not a perfect set, and it does have some issues like minor FBR, and the black level is not as good (although without a meter it is hard to tell), also, the build quality is not as solid, the stand is ugly, etc. Not to mention that I have had terrible quality control issues with Samsung in the past.

I really tried to overlook the issues I was having on the Panasonic, but in the end it just didn't work for me. If you don't see the flicker, you have a heck of a nice TV set. It has been pretty strange to try to sell this thing. So far everyone has said "why are you selling the Panasonic and buying the Samsung?" And then I tell them the truth about seeing the flicker, then they are not interested. Oh well. At least I can enjoy movies and TV a little more in the mean time.

It sounds like you are sensitive to phosphor based displays. Did you have any issues in the past while using CRT computer monitors?

Tyler Pruitt - Pro Calibrator - BionicAV
Technical Support - SpectraCal

THX Certified - Video Calibration

post #5990 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post

It sounds like you are sensitive to phosphor based displays. Did you have any issues in the past while using CRT computer monitors?

Funny you ask that because I haven't used one in quite some time, but saw a few in an office building not long ago and noticed it immediately.
post #5991 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhvdketi1 View Post

There was a whole section dedicated to this issue in 50GT30 review at UK AV forum. It is referred to as 50Hz bug.
There are also very active threads on the same forum that discuss the issue. Seems like everybady cares but Panasonic

Everything I have read about the 50hz bug is related to European broadcast issues. I would describe the issue I have like this: put on a blu ray disc, and switch to 48hz mode, only that is how I see the picture all the time, regardless of the settings. I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one, but it's a bummer. I considered going the full array/local dimming LED route, but the only one that looks really great is the Elite. The Sony HX929 looks really good to me too, but for the money you might as well get the Elite. On the other hand, I personally think the Elite is about $3-$4k too much money. It has issues too, and although I could afford it if I really wanted to, it would be way to hard to justify. For the retail price, it would have to pretty much be perfect. The one on display at my local BB has three dead pixels, FBR, and they haven't even sold one yet...
post #5992 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post

This sounds like line bleed to me. I see it most on the green rating screen preceding previews. The first time I saw it, I thought something was horribly wrong. Turns out it's a common phenomenon on some plasmas.

Take a look at the second photo on this page. It describes what you're seeing with the blindes exactly:

http://www.tweakguides.com/HDTV_10.html

That would be my blinds issue there. Thanks Blue! Have you or anyone else been able to have it corrected?

The article says "Some of these issues may be reduced over time on a plasma as the phosphors age" My set didn't do this before (that I noticed anyway) and it's not doing it a whole lot but is it a sign of things to come?
post #5993 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 04:55 AM

Liked: 18
I noticed the same issue on my VT30 early on but haven't seen it since. I've also had my set professionaly calibrated after 200 hours of use and not sure if this has resolved the problem or it just went away with time....
post #5994 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Well I have the ST30 and only see flicker on bluray 24p because I have it set to 48Hz setting - at 60Hz it goes away but adds the 3:2 pulldown.
Glad you found a TV set which pleases you.
post #5995 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:

Well, I found a deal on a 2011 Samsung 64D8000 and pulled the trigger. No matter what I did, my VT30 just had too many issues. The black level was not as great as I expected, the colors were too robust, terrible line bleed, jittery motion, but worst of all was the flickering screen. After an ISF calibration the problems were better, but still there. I am new to plasma, and have had rear projection and LED in the past, but the reports of deep black level drew me to the VT30. Since I have owned it I was always wondering about the "superior motion handling" of plasma technology, as my set looked like someone was dragging the picture across the screen, and with the motion smoother on it was totally unnatural.

I have this same issue of jittery motion during pans on regular directv stations and while watching blu rays. Is this a common issue or do others have this same issue?
post #5996 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgambarota View Post

I have this same issue of jittery motion during pans on regular directv stations and while watching blu rays. Is this a common issue or do others have this same issue?

I don't have any jittery motion with my Directv or blu-rays through my PS3. Every now and then a little double image during some hockey games but I know it's because their on the road and it's the feed but still it isn't bad enough to not enjoy watching it.
post #5997 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 03:20 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:

I believe that energy star compliance nonsense is what creates the minor line bleed I see on my set and others see on theirs as well as the flicker you see on yours. It isn't a deal breaker to me by any means (the line bleed I mean) but before I got this set I fully believed all manufacturers had overcome issues like line bleed, buzzing, IR and burn in but they haven't. They've improved in those areas but even given today's very advanced technology the issues persist to a degree. To me, minor (and I mean, only minor) errors in color accuracy or color temp etc. are more acceptable than line bleed/flickering because the latter are more easily visible to the naked eye than the former, at least to me. That's my opinion anyway and I'm thankful that the only issue I've had so far with my VT30 is that minor line bleed. All things considered, line bleed is at the lower end of the scale of maladies compared to what others have dealt with. Wish there was a setting that allowed you to turn energy star on/off. Almost like a "sport" mode on a sports car, economy for daily use but performance for movie night. Maybe one day. Or maybe the technology will advance enough to overcome any energy related issues and the set will always be in high performance mode without any negatives.
post #5998 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 04:44 PM

Did he say anything about pictur flicker when watching hockey games?
post #5999 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Did he say anything about pictur flicker when watching hockey games?

It is anything bright on the screen, so yes to Hockey. I watch a fair amount of Hockey, and since the ice is white = flicker on plasma. The theory is that plasma takes so much more power to run than LED, so they limit the power draw on these panels, and in turn, the white levels suffer. I don't know if that is true, but I have seen it commented on several times. My original post was just to comment that my Samsung seems to have much less flicker. If the Panasonic didn't have that issue I would be pretty thrilled with the set. Everything else was a minor annoyance.
post #6000 of 6436 Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That would be my blinds issue there. Thanks Blue! Have you or anyone else been able to have it corrected?

The article says "Some of these issues may be reduced over time on a plasma as the phosphors age" My set didn't do this before (that I noticed anyway) and it's not doing it a whole lot but is it a sign of things to come?

I dont think this is something one fixes. It's just something you accept. Unless you start seeing A LOT of line bleed, I wouldn't sweat it.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page