Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 207 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6181 of 6436 Old 04-19-2012, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question about AVATAR 3D.

I sent after my two copys but apparently it wasn't the right numbers. I do not have the blu-ray box left(210) but I have the TV box(VT30).

However, are the numbers that's needed to receive my copys on the actual hardware? If so, where?

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6182 of 6436 Old 04-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

its the MgO crystals thingie I am talking about

this is from the article "MgO crystals on top of or embedded into the phosphor layer" and "spatial discharge to initialize the panel (also to produce low light emission in first subfield)," according to xrox's summary. Neither of these technologies has been implemented in 2010 plasmas, including those of Panasonic."

they arent in the 2011 ones either and probably not in the 2012 ones

yea Pioneer didnt do that well with selling the Elites but 2 years latter and one has to assume that the make the same stuff has to cost less - and why would panasonic purchase the technology from pioneer if they werent going to use it?

with that being said I love my friends 65VT30, it looks great and I havent seen any problems with the picture - the best thing is its so much bigger then my 50" Elite

I will probably just keep my Elite until some newer displays come out that are better then it, I saw the oled displays at ces and they were effing awesome! lets hope that in 2 years they are cheep enough and good enough - or the 4k displays but those will probably be not so good for the first few years of the production like plasmas sucked when they first came out - I paid $15,600 for a 480p plasma when they first came out and it doesent even work anymore

I want the retro skin back please
post #6183 of 6436 Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizyo View Post

Question about AVATAR 3D.

I sent after my two copys but apparently it wasn't the right numbers. I do not have the blu-ray box left(210) but I have the TV box(VT30).

However, are the numbers that's needed to receive my copys on the actual hardware? If so, where?

Cheers

You need the UPC code cut off the box of the 210. Sorry, but the promotion was for their BluRay players, not their plasmas. Without the 210 box, you're out of luck.
post #6184 of 6436 Old 04-23-2012, 04:29 AM

Hi guys, I almost bought a VT30 65" on the weekend but came across a few problems while haggling with the retailer. They won't install the tv on the stand, just deliver it and leave me to do the rest. They told me I should lie the tv flat on a bed and install the stand that way but I'm pretty sure that's not how to do it for large panels. I figure it would take 3 people, 2 to hold the tv and one to screw it to the stand. Is that correct?

Also, the dimensions of the base from Panny's website seem really large compared to my current 50" plasma. I can fit my tv and a center speaker on the stand. Is the base really 15.8 inches deep? Can anyone measure their stand for me. Sucks if I'll have to find a different location for the center speaker. Here's the current stand I'm using it can support up to 250lbs so I could use it for the VT30 65".

I need to figure these things out before I go ahead and buy it

Fronts: Energy Veritas V51
Front Height: Energy V-Mini
Center: Energy Veritas V52
Surround: Energy RC-R's
Sub: Energy ESW-CS8
Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR3008
TV: Panasonic TC-P65VT30

post #6185 of 6436 Old 04-23-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
You just need to pull the base and it's other parts out of the box, put the stand together and then lift the tv out of the box and set it down the stand, then install the screws. It will be supported well by the stand until you install the screws.

The tv's are so low that you may have a problem with the center channel. I bought a stand with room for the center so the IR sensor wasn't a problem. You'll have a sensor and glasses transmitter close together on the bottom. Your stand should support the tv just fine.
post #6186 of 6436 Old 04-23-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaR3D View Post

Hi guys, I almost bought a VT30 65" on the weekend but came across a few problems while haggling with the retailer. They won't install the tv on the stand, just deliver it and leave me to do the rest. They told me I should lie the tv flat on a bed and install the stand that way but I'm pretty sure that's not how to do it for large panels. I figure it would take 3 people, 2 to hold the tv and one to screw it to the stand. Is that correct?

Also, the dimensions of the base from Panny's website seem really large compared to my current 50" plasma. I can fit my tv and a center speaker on the stand. Is the base really 15.8 inches deep? Can anyone measure their stand for me. Sucks if I'll have to find a different location for the center speaker. Here's the current stand I'm using it can support up to 250lbs so I could use it for the VT30 65".

I need to figure these things out before I go ahead and buy it

Yes, the depth of the pedestal stand is 15.8 inches.

You can easily install the TV on the stand with 2 adults, provided they can lift the TV safely.

Since it looks like wall mounting is not an option for you (unless you are willing to move one of those panels), you could conceivably go with a ceiling mount, a smaller center speaker, or a different TV stand. I still prefer wall mounting whenever possible for the look and flexibility.
post #6187 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 02:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I had a VT30 65" display set in my home for a grand total of two nights before I returned it - it had clocked 2870 hours...!! Manager had said it had less than 3 weeks... so I invoked the refund clause...

Now they have called me to offer a brand new set - it's about $800 off the last known lowest price in my area...

The quandary is - we won't see a VT50 65" until June and there's no GT50 65" available here..

So my dilemma:
- get this which is not bad for price alone...
- get the Sam E8000 which has better blacks?
- wait two months for the VT50, which will cost more than $2000 more Down here...
post #6188 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Wonder if any others have the issue of their centre speaker blocking the remote / 3D IR sensor?
Will some mirrors or a IR repeater work for the 3D transmitter?
post #6189 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

Wonder if any others have the issue of their centre speaker blocking the remote / 3D IR sensor?

There may be another way to control using an rs232 or Ethernet connection. I saw a post where someone was using Ethernet to control their ST30. Of course these need a pc or smartphone and through the USB you can use a keyboard or maybe a xbox controler. I don't know about these things so I can't help with that but I'm sure the info is out there.
post #6190 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, I saw a IR to RF transmitter thing from Monster:
"MonsterVision™ MAX 3D Eyewear System with Active Sync™"

That might be a plan B...
post #6191 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp2005fan View Post

Yes, the depth of the pedestal stand is 15.8 inches.

You can easily install the TV on the stand with 2 adults, provided they can lift the TV safely.

Since it looks like wall mounting is not an option for you (unless you are willing to move one of those panels), you could conceivably go with a ceiling mount, a smaller center speaker, or a different TV stand. I still prefer wall mounting whenever possible for the look and flexibility.

Granted i have the 55" VT30, the BDI avion with the stadium stand on the back looks awesome. My wife and I like it and it does rotate.. see:
http://www.bdiusa.com/theater/arena_9970.shtml

though its expensive crap.. I spent about $2300 on the stand and the mount
post #6192 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post

If this is an sticky issue for you, I'd wait for the VT50 as you were considering in the post above. It will use Bluetooth for the 3D connection and LOS shouldn't be an issue.
post #6193 of 6436 Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Granted i have the 55" VT30, the BDI avion with the stadium stand on the back looks awesome. My wife and I like it and it does rotate.. see:
http://www.bdiusa.com/theater/arena_9970.shtml

though its expensive crap.. I spent about $2300 on the stand and the mount

I have the same BDI USA furniture, and get this...I mounted this all by myself! I couldn't believe it but with ingenuity, I attached the stand onto the back, then laid the entire cabinet and stand flat on its back, then laid the tv out on the floor, attached the hooks to the back, slid it onto the stand via the hooks then ....CAREFULLY lifted it from the top of the stand, then screwed it all in. Boy that was a pain the a**. Here it is...and yes it does rotate a good amount of degrees.
LL
post #6194 of 6436 Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 AM

Been a while since I posted, Just thought I would share that while Watching Guitar center sessions last night. ( Joe Bonamassa ) I was playing along with him and trying to figure out the Chords to the song " So its like that"

Long story short I ended up leaving the TV paused for well over an hour . Forgot about it because the wife had dinner ready.

I see no traces of IR. Or Burn in.
post #6195 of 6436 Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaramill View Post

I have the same BDI USA furniture, and get this...I mounted this all by myself! I couldn't believe it but with ingenuity, I attached the stand onto the back, then laid the entire cabinet and stand flat on its back, then laid the tv out on the floor, attached the hooks to the back, slid it onto the stand via the hooks then ....CAREFULLY lifted it from the top of the stand, then screwed it all in. Boy that was a pain the a**. Here it is...and yes it does rotate a good amount of degrees.

Wow thats crazy you did yourself, that vt30 is freaking heavy! and I have the 55". The BDI cabinet is nice but it doesn't fit my Yamaha 2010BL receiver very well, very snug, and it gets hot especially with my new dish hopper DVR. Dish is awesome! Some of the stickies the rubber foot things that are there when you close the door also fell off..
post #6196 of 6436 Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Wow thats crazy you did yourself, that vt30 is freaking heavy! and I have the 55". The BDI cabinet is nice but it doesn't fit my Yamaha 2010BL receiver very well, very snug, and it gets hot especially with my new dish hopper DVR. Dish is awesome! Some of the stickies the rubber foot things that are there when you close the door also fell off..

Oh trust me I didn't want to do it but since I just moved to a new place....in a new STATE, I was basically on my own. And not knowing anyone, had I not figured it out, I would've had to ask help from the maintenance people in my building.

Funny thing is when I attached it using the special stand that goes with that particular furniture, I attached at the top and realized it seemed a bit high, so I had to go through the whole process one more time!

But once I set it up, the viewing is JUST a tad above my seated eye level position which for me I like because it's as if I were in a movie theater looking slightly up.

But I do love the BDIUSA furniture. I fit all 6 of my components. I have DIRECTV also.
post #6197 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Some family members watched CNN for 12 hours a day for two days -- now there's a ghost image of the CNN logo and the ticker at the bottom --

it's most evident on lighter backgrounds..

clearly, image retention.

I ran the color slides for a few hours, it's less, but still there --

Can I expect this to slowly go away over a few months?

Thanks guys
post #6198 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post

Some family members watched CNN for 12 hours a day for two days -- now there's a ghost image of the CNN logo and the ticker at the bottom --

it's most evident on lighter backgrounds..

clearly, image retention.

I ran the color slides for a few hours, it's less, but still there --

Can I expect this to slowly go away over a few months?

Thanks guys

Yes, it should go away over time (but I would avoid CNN for a while).
post #6199 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM

Thanks,

it just drives me nuts that more networks aren't aware of potential for image retention and don't switch to either animated or transparent logos --
post #6200 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 PM

I have my 65VT30 on a BDI Arena stand behind my BDI cabinet - the cabinet is separate from the stand .. has been doing great
post #6201 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:

I have my 65VT30 on a BDI Arena stand behind my BDI cabinet - the cabinet is separate from the stand .. has been doing great

Awesome. I got a great deal on the stand (used on Amazon) and it is very sturdy. At first I was thinking "how could this stand hold up a beast of the 55VT30??", then I mounted and it definitely holds it upright & tight. Good to hear it can handle the 65VT30 as well.
post #6202 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:

Thanks,

it just drives me nuts that more networks aren't aware of potential for image retention and don't switch to either animated or transparent logos --

We are a minority. Don't expect anyone to worry about IR.
post #6203 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 PM

Hello everybody! I'm a Soldier just barely getting back from playing in the sand box my past 6 months deployed came quick because of the time I spent reading and doing research on TVs so that I'll be prepared when I get back. I'm finally here and I'm now as confused as ever. I have about $2800 to spend and if you're given a chance, would you pick a 65VT30 or wait for a 65GT50? How would the price difference compare? I'm not an obsessed HD guy but I want the best PQ when watching sports and movies. I won't be playing games on this set. My viewing distance is about 12 to 13 feet. My living room is between bright and dark. How's 3D and SD viewing on on the VT30? I saw an uncalibrated VT30 at BB and it was excellent. Please help me!
post #6204 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 05:54 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonip_15 View Post

Please help me!

In your situation I would also look at the 65ST50.
post #6205 of 6436 Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 77
Quote:

Hello everybody! I'm a Soldier just barely getting back from playing in the sand box my past 6 months deployed came quick because of the time I spent reading and doing research on TVs so that I'll be prepared when I get back. I'm finally here and I'm now as confused as ever. I have about $2800 to spend and if you're given a chance, would you pick a 65VT30 or wait for a 65GT50? How would the price difference compare? I'm not an obsessed HD guy but I want the best PQ when watching sports and movies. I won't be playing games on this set. My viewing distance is about 12 to 13 feet. My living room is between bright and dark. How's 3D and SD viewing on on the VT30? I saw an uncalibrated VT30 at BB and it was excellent. Please help me!

Agreed with the above suggestion, the ST50 is regarded as the best bang for buck TV right now. If you don't want to go for the VT50, that's what id suggest. Check out the Panasonic 2012 thread for lengthy discussions. A few reviews too.

On a personal note, thank you for your service!

PANASONIC VT50 FOR SALE!!!!

Panasonic 60VT60 3DTV
Denon AVR 4311CI
Klipsch F-30 Fronts
Klipsch C-20 Center
Klipsch S-20 Sides
Klipsch B-20 Rears
PA 120 12" Sub
Dune HD Smart D1
PS3 Slim
DirecTV HR34 DVR

post #6206 of 6436 Old 04-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Should I get the upcoming Panasonic VT Plasma or the WT LED LCD if I'm planning on spending about 30-40% of my time on it gaming? My Sharp Aquos just died after 4 years and I am considering getting one of these two new Panasonic sets. Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
post #6207 of 6436 Old 05-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just curious if others still notice fluctuating brightness after the updates. My VT30 is an August build, has the latest EPROM update and I still notice some fluctuating brightness here and there. Is this common? Do others see it too?
post #6208 of 6436 Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_b View Post

Just curious if others still notice fluctuating brightness after the updates. My VT30 is an August build, has the latest EPROM update and I still notice some fluctuating brightness here and there. Is this common? Do others see it too?

The update reduced it, but did not eliminate it.
post #6209 of 6436 Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 AM

So I've run this "snow" pattern and continued the slides overnight -- 8 hours a night -

the ghosted image (IR) is less by about 50%,but still there. I'm pretty sure over time this will go away hopefully, but may need a few months.

Will continue to post -- distressing that so little would cause persistent image retention.
post #6210 of 6436 Old 05-02-2012, 04:29 PM

Liked: 19
Quote:

Hey man, thanks for your hard work, dedication and efforts over there (in the sand box).

On to your questions. I have a 55VT30 (pro calibrated) and love it. I'm not a big fan of 3D but I do own a few 3D blu-rays. The 3D on my set is impressive to say the least, at least to me but since I'm not as into 3D as others in this forum, someone else here may be a better judge. As for PQ, I've never seen a calibrated Pioneer Elite plasma in use but I've seen plenty of other HDTVs including my previous TV and the PQ on my VT30 is outstanding by comparison. If it were my money and I were in the market for a set right now, I'd wait it out a little to see what the VT50 brings to the table and see how it stacks up against the VT30 and other contenders. It'll be soon enough now that they'll be reviewed and nit picked by people who know a lot more about these things than I do (and by what you said about not being an obsessed HD guy, that may go for you too). Watching blu-rays via PS3 really shows off the very high level of imagery this thing can reproduce, Netflix often looks fantastic also depending on the internet speed I'm getting at a given time and regular TV looks well, regular. Not bad, not great. HD channels look sharp, crisp and I haven't had any issues whatsoever with motion resolution so it's all gravy.

Either way you end up going I wish you luck with finding a set that makes you happy.

Thanks again.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page