Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 211 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6301 of 6439 Old 05-31-2012, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Thats odd,they had version 2.220 up earlier this morning, now its not there.Just do the update via your tv,unless your worrying on bricking it.Call panasonic and ask why they took it down.I hope there where no bugs.

My wireless connection has been flaky for the last few weeks. Two update attempts today failed. I was hoping the new software might help.

The frustrating part is it won't let us connect to Netflix until the update is done.

The wireless download worked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6439 Old 05-31-2012, 09:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodges69 View Post

WOW...no issues reported on the VT 30 in 10 days..
I am really convinced I own the best plasma out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Maybe you're the only one left. Everyone else bought a VT50.

From the comments that I've read, no one seems to have noticed the wink.

Disclaimer: Don' now but might some day in the undefined future own a Panasonic display.
post #6303 of 6439 Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 AM

My set is running great. Had some image retention issues that have since faded away. On a separate subject... who is recommended for calibration in the Mpls/St. Paul area?

Cheers-
post #6304 of 6439 Old 06-02-2012, 11:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0busin3ss View Post

My set is running great. Had some image retention issues that have since faded away. On a separate subject... who is recommended for calibration in the Mpls/St. Paul area?

Cheers-

Look at the signature area at the bottom of my post, or the first post above your post for a link to the best thread for that information.
post #6305 of 6439 Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0busin3ss View Post

Cheers-

I travel to the Twin Cities a few times a year. I've sent you a PM with more details.

Doug

Clearly Resolved Image & Sound
Lion AV Consultants
ISF & THX Video Calibration
Real-time Twitter Home Theater News
post #6306 of 6439 Old 06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 28
*Firmware 2.220 just released, it showed up on my VT30 for download.. I just installed it, so far so good.. Vieracast smoother and quicker..
post #6307 of 6439 Old 06-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Liked: 12
someone has 3D calibration setting in the firmware 2.220????
post #6308 of 6439 Old 06-10-2012, 10:54 AM

Hello fellow VT30 owners,
I just recently got a 65VT30 and I'm loving it!biggrin.gif
I have a question about HDMI connections, I have 2 HDMI cables hooked up and a low profile wall mount.
Right now I just have the cables hooked straight into the #1 & #2 HDMI inputs on the set.
I was going to get a right angle adapter(s) to take the stress off the inputs, I know one will work fine but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the second right angle connection or an alternative?
Thank you, BZ:)
post #6309 of 6439 Old 06-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Long-time reader, first post. I am posting the same item to the forums for the DMP-BDT500 and RX-V671 in hopes that the solutions needed will generate somewhere.

I have recently done a home theater upgrade. Adding a Panasonic 65VT30 Plasma TV, Panasonic DMP-BDT500 BD player, and a Yamaha RX-V671 receiver. Up to now I have been unable to get ARC to work in a repeatable manner after system shut-down, and regardless of the manner of input, the receiver will only display that it is processing a PCM signal – hence I have never seen the receiver display window emit a DTS-DH or TRUE-HD readout, only PCM. I’m nearing 60 years of age, but this should not be rocket science. I have the manuals for the TV and player, and the receiver CD is now loaded to my tablet so I have it to refer to. I am at a loss. I have attempted to review the hundreds of pages of comment on the AVS VT30, BDT500 and RX-V671 forums and even attempted some of the recommended solutions. It may also be that in skimming all of this material I have inadvertently missed my solution hiding in the text. The hardware setup follows with I hope sufficient detail.

VT30:
HDMI1(ARC) connected to V671 HDMI ARC
HDMI3 connected to BDT500 HDMI main
All HDMI audio settings set to DIGITAL

BDT500:
Main HDMI connected to VT30 HDMI3
Sub HDMI connected to V671 HDMI1 (most recent but not original configuration)
Audio settings True-HD (Bitstream), DTS-HD (Bitstream), Secondary audio OFF, HDMI audio output ON, TV speakers ON

V671
HDMI ARC connected to VT30 HDMI1(ARC)
HDMI1 connected to BDT500 HDMI sub (most recent but not original configuration)
HDMI Control ON, ARC Control ON

With the TV on and set to HDMI1 and the V671 on and set to TV, I can view the V671 wallpaper and access the receiver’s on screen menus. When I set the V671’s HDMI and ARC both to ON I get an audio signal to the receiver from the TV whether the TV is processing a cable box of BD input. Two problems. Firstly, the receiver appears to be only receiving a PCM signal regardless of input being processed by the TV. Secondly, once powering down the system, on subsequent power up there is no audio signal getting to the V671. In the receiver’s setup menu the HDMI and ARC options still show set to ON. If I toggle these off and then reset them to on, the audio connection is again made to the TV.

In my original configuration all HDMIs went to the TV and the TV used ARC to send digital audio to the receiver. Thinking that the BD audio PCM problem is that perhaps the TV HDMI1 ARC output can only pass a PCM audio signal, today (June 12, 2012) I purchased additional HDMI cable to directly connect the BD player HDMI sub output to the V671 HDMI1 input. On using the BD player with V671 set to HDMI1 and the HDMI cable between the TV and the V671 (the ARC connection) disconnected as it now not necessary with a direct cable between the V671 and the BDT500, the V671 display window still insisted it is receiving a PCM signal.

As far as ARC is concerned, the connection can be made, but it cannot be maintained after power off. The settings are retained, but It appears that the electronic audio connection is lost, and not reestablished at power up. I have no idea what the PCM only issues is. I have swapped and purchased new HDMI cables. Last week when I installed the BDT500 it immediately went online for a firmware update. Last night I did a firmware update for the VT30. This morning I did a firmware update for the V671 (1.18).

I am eager to entertain solution proposals. I suppose it is possible that one or more of the units was delivered not fully operational, but goodness knows how to identify which unit is the problem and then convince the vendor of same.

Regards;

Brian Amirault
post #6310 of 6439 Old 06-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBEN PORTILLO View Post

someone has 3D calibration setting in the firmware 2.220????

Google "James Cameron Avatar 3D settings.". They were for the VT25 but many of the settings re the same.

fdsfds
post #6311 of 6439 Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamirault View Post

Long-time reader, first post. I am posting the same item to the forums for the DMP-BDT500 and RX-V671 in hopes that the solutions needed will generate somewhere.
I have recently done a home theater upgrade. Adding a Panasonic 65VT30 Plasma TV, Panasonic DMP-BDT500 BD player, and a Yamaha RX-V671 receiver. Up to now I have been unable to get ARC to work in a repeatable manner after system shut-down, and regardless of the manner of input, the receiver will only display that it is processing a PCM signal – hence I have never seen the receiver display window emit a DTS-DH or TRUE-HD readout, only PCM. I’m nearing 60 years of age, but this should not be rocket science. I have the manuals for the TV and player, and the receiver CD is now loaded to my tablet so I have it to refer to. I am at a loss. I have attempted to review the hundreds of pages of comment on the AVS VT30, BDT500 and RX-V671 forums and even attempted some of the recommended solutions. It may also be that in skimming all of this material I have inadvertently missed my solution hiding in the text. The hardware setup follows with I hope sufficient detail.
VT30:
HDMI1(ARC) connected to V671 HDMI ARC
HDMI3 connected to BDT500 HDMI main
All HDMI audio settings set to DIGITAL
BDT500:
Main HDMI connected to VT30 HDMI3
Sub HDMI connected to V671 HDMI1 (most recent but not original configuration)
Audio settings True-HD (Bitstream), DTS-HD (Bitstream), Secondary audio OFF, HDMI audio output ON, TV speakers ON
V671
HDMI ARC connected to VT30 HDMI1(ARC)
HDMI1 connected to BDT500 HDMI sub (most recent but not original configuration)
HDMI Control ON, ARC Control ON
With the TV on and set to HDMI1 and the V671 on and set to TV, I can view the V671 wallpaper and access the receiver’s on screen menus. When I set the V671’s HDMI and ARC both to ON I get an audio signal to the receiver from the TV whether the TV is processing a cable box of BD input. Two problems. Firstly, the receiver appears to be only receiving a PCM signal regardless of input being processed by the TV. Secondly, once powering down the system, on subsequent power up there is no audio signal getting to the V671. In the receiver’s setup menu the HDMI and ARC options still show set to ON. If I toggle these off and then reset them to on, the audio connection is again made to the TV.
In my original configuration all HDMIs went to the TV and the TV used ARC to send digital audio to the receiver. Thinking that the BD audio PCM problem is that perhaps the TV HDMI1 ARC output can only pass a PCM audio signal, today (June 12, 2012) I purchased additional HDMI cable to directly connect the BD player HDMI sub output to the V671 HDMI1 input. On using the BD player with V671 set to HDMI1 and the HDMI cable between the TV and the V671 (the ARC connection) disconnected as it now not necessary with a direct cable between the V671 and the BDT500, the V671 display window still insisted it is receiving a PCM signal.
As far as ARC is concerned, the connection can be made, but it cannot be maintained after power off. The settings are retained, but It appears that the electronic audio connection is lost, and not reestablished at power up. I have no idea what the PCM only issues is. I have swapped and purchased new HDMI cables. Last week when I installed the BDT500 it immediately went online for a firmware update. Last night I did a firmware update for the VT30. This morning I did a firmware update for the V671 (1.18).
I am eager to entertain solution proposals. I suppose it is possible that one or more of the units was delivered not fully operational, but goodness knows how to identify which unit is the problem and then convince the vendor of same.
Regards;
Brian Amirault

Hi Brian. Did you ever figure your issue out? Try turning arc to off and then play a disc on your blu-ray player. See if it bitstreams then and this will help diagnose the problem. Let me know.

fdsfds
post #6312 of 6439 Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 PM

It was figured out for me. Although not mentioned in the manual, the HDMI signal passed to the TV from an output device is converted by the TV to PCM, as the TV only has stereo speakers. Thus when you ask the TV to pass on the audio signal via the ARC HDMI connection to an ARC capable receiver, it only has the PCM signall available.

My assumption was that an unaltered signal was massed from a BD player to the receiver when the TV was used as "middleman". Thus I could not understand why the receiver would ALWAYS show PCM as the processed input.

THe solution was to NOT pass all signals to the TV and then on to the receiver as required, but to pass everything to the receiver and then usse the receiver's HDMI output to pass signal to the TV. The RX-V671 has a pass through function that allows this (and the switching of inputs) without having to turn on the amp.

It is the capability I wanted, but using a different route as I could not get to my destination on the route I was trying.

Brian
post #6313 of 6439 Old 06-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Advanced Member

Glad to hear you got it figured out. Enjoy your system.

fdsfds
post #6314 of 6439 Old 06-25-2012, 10:08 PM

I agree, glad to hear so many folks are enjoying their panels, that is what they were made for. Just watched "John Carter" with the third Gen Panasonic 3-D glasses ( after an ISF calibration in early April) and it was just awesome from the first to the last frame, same with "Underworld Awakening" in 3D, and in 2D "Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol" was simply stunning, that of course in addition to the sports that are so realistic it is like being there, and all of the great TV. I love my 55VT30 and hope you all do as well, best panel I have ever owned.
post #6315 of 6439 Old 07-08-2012, 12:05 PM

Hello guys,

I just bought a 55vt30 here in brazil, just amazing.

My question is, I would like to watch netflix, as I am a newbie e don't know all the options , is there "netflix" options around viera connect or hidden around other menus?

Thanks guys

Henry
post #6316 of 6439 Old 07-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Netflix is in Viera Connect.

fdsfds
post #6317 of 6439 Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM

I've had a 55VT30 for about 3 months (50" PZ80U before that) and have been pretty happy with it. We've had some IR (but nothing majorly in our face). Also some variable brightness (very rare though).

One major issue for us has been that the back panel vibrates when the bass frequency hits certain (low) levels. Doesn't happen will everything, but has been triggered by Bis Markie's rapping (Yo Gabba Gabba DVD), Dinosaurs stomping (Ice Age) or even spoken dialog (Dodgeball).

We've tried to get it repaired under warranty (Panasonic's solution was their official sponge kit under the back panel with spaces to separate the wall mount). Unfortunately, it has made the problem worse to the point where they have issued a return authorization to my dealer to allow me to reselect. Trouble is, I'm having doubts about my selection..especially if we replace with a GT50 which is regarded as the equivalent, but where IR might in fact be worse(?)

So putting this to other VT30 users:

1) Have you had this back panel vibration? How did you solve it?
2) Would you swap for a 2012 model (excluding VT50 due to price point) and if so, what?

Or would you just use your AVR for audio and live with the defect?

TIA,
post #6318 of 6439 Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 40
lajaro, the equivalent to the VT30 is the VT50. If they are willing to replace your defective 2011 model with a 2012 model, they should give you the same size VT50 for free (the GT50 is NOT the equivalent, and you should not accept the GT50 as an even swap).
lajaro likes this.
post #6319 of 6439 Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP View Post

lajaro, the equivalent to the VT30 is the VT50. If they are willing to replace your defective 2011 model with a 2012 model, they should give you the same size VT50 for free (the GT50 is NOT the equivalent, and you should not accept the GT50 as an even swap).

That's what I was initially hoping for and I would tend to agree. However, it looks like they (either Panny or the dealer - don't know which) are treating this as a refund. i.e. I get all my $$$ back, and have to repurchase at current prices. So depending on what I want, I'd have to pay extra. (VT50 price is higher than what I paid for the VT30 on clearance).
post #6320 of 6439 Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajaro View Post

I've had a 55VT30 for about 3 months (50" PZ80U before that) and have been pretty happy with it. We've had some IR (but nothing majorly in our face). Also some variable brightness (very rare though).
One major issue for us has been that the back panel vibrates when the bass frequency hits certain (low) levels. Doesn't happen will everything, but has been triggered by Bis Markie's rapping (Yo Gabba Gabba DVD), Dinosaurs stomping (Ice Age) or even spoken dialog (Dodgeball).
We've tried to get it repaired under warranty (Panasonic's solution was their official sponge kit under the back panel with spaces to separate the wall mount). Unfortunately, it has made the problem worse to the point where they have issued a return authorization to my dealer to allow me to reselect. Trouble is, I'm having doubts about my selection..especially if we replace with a GT50 which is regarded as the equivalent, but where IR might in fact be worse(?)
So putting this to other VT30 users:
1) Have you had this back panel vibration? How did you solve it?
2) Would you swap for a 2012 model (excluding VT50 due to price point) and if so, what?
Or would you just use your AVR for audio and live with the defect?
TIA,

Did you buy the item open box or clearance?

I assume that if it was open box or clearance then there is no logical way to expect the brand new model sealed as a replacement with no money exchanged. No?

If it was brand new sealed box then Panasonic should send you one of the same free and have the defective one returned.
post #6321 of 6439 Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM

I am posting here as well in the hopes of getting a response as I am shocked at Panasonic.
Well a long time fan of Panasonic Plasmas here, in fact I am on my third the TCP55VT30. Loved every aspect of it until I tried to play my PAL disks. After a long time twice with customer service I was told that these models as well as future models cannot accept a PAL signal. I have been watching PAL movies for more than 10 years on my Plasma TVs and simply cannot believe this, it is absolutely ridiculous . Every TV I know can accept a PAL signal, what is Panasonic thinking? Anyone know of any kind of work around?
Thanks,
Jeff
post #6322 of 6439 Old 08-02-2012, 05:00 AM

Liked: 11
While it sounds like you have some issue with the rattling, I wouldn't expect a flat panel TV to handle low frequencies very well. If you decide not to swap out for GT50 perhaps you could invest in a home sound system. I haven't used the volume on my 65VT30 once in 8 months.
post #6323 of 6439 Old 08-02-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terzaghi View Post

While it sounds like you have some issue with the rattling, I wouldn't expect a flat panel TV to handle low frequencies very well. If you decide not to swap out for GT50 perhaps you could invest in a home sound system. I haven't used the volume on my 65VT30 once in 8 months.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

While I agree low-frequency rattle when in specific cases is somewhat to be expected, when it happens with spoken dialog (after repair attempts have made it worse) it's not acceptable. Also, I do have a 6.1 setup but sometimes you just want to turn the living room set on.

All moot points now though as we no longer have this set.
post #6324 of 6439 Old 08-04-2012, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Got my 65VT30 calibrated last week by THX calibrator Michael Osadciw (www.thehighestfidelity.com). Michael did an outstanding job. TV looks amazing. Picture quality is so natural now and the black levels are very deep. For anyone in the Toronto area, I highly recommend Michael to calibrate your set. Well worth it. smile.gif

Cheers from the Great White North.
My gear: ANTHEM AVM50v, STATEMENT A5 - ARCAM DV139, CD17 - PANASONIC 65VT30 (THX Calibrated) - SONY BDP-S5000ES - PANAMAX 5500EX - M&K V1250THX sub - TANNOY EYRIS DC3, DCC, DC1 - AUDIOQUEST Cables - SHUNYATA RESEARCH Power cords - HARMONY One - PRIMACOUSTIC Recoil Stabilizers
post #6325 of 6439 Old 08-05-2012, 06:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybk View Post

Got my 65VT30 calibrated last week by THX calibrator Michael Osadciw (www.thehighestfidelity.com).
Thanks for posting your calibration comments. I've included a link to your post in the flat panel (post #2) lists that are linked in the signature area at the bottom of my post.
post #6326 of 6439 Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 PM

guys is possible to use dlna this way

tv with netgear only with laptop with wireless, no access point.....

would it work?

tv media server would recognize my files?
post #6327 of 6439 Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I'm pretty sure you need to plug in the netgear router into your laptop. And have a dlna client onboard, like what's built into win7 premium or ultimate. Then you can go wireless to the tv. I've done this with my home pc hooked to a router. Then I can use a laptop to get to the tv all wirelessly. There may be a way to setup the router when wired to the laptop then unplug the wire afterwards.
post #6328 of 6439 Old 08-19-2012, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Is there a way to set THX for each source? Currently, it is the same across all sources, which is irksome if you use THX for both cable and blu-ray.

fdsfds
post #6329 of 6439 Old 08-19-2012, 05:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Riddle View Post

Is there a way to set THX for each source? Currently, it is the same across all sources, which is irksome if you use THX for both cable and blu-ray.
Yes, you can make different video adjustments for each input (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc). If your cable box us connected to HDMI 1, you can turn your display to HDMI 1 and go ahead and change the video settings to your heart's content, and those changes will only affect HDMI 1. Then, if your BluRay is connected to HDMI 2, you can change the display to HDMI 2 and go ahead and make any changes you want there, and they will only affect HDMI 2,etc, etc.
post #6330 of 6439 Old 08-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

My cable is set to HDMI2 and Blu-ray set to HDMI1. When I change settings on Hdmi2 for THX mode and then change to Hdmi1 the settings I changed for 2 are now the same on 1. Thx and Game mode both operate this way, while all others are independent across the sources. So I can set different settings for custom across all sources, but thx is the same across the board. If anyone knows a workaround, it would be greatly appreciated.

fdsfds
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page