Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 40 - AVS Forum
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 12:26 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

link doesnt work?

In a nut shell we have a Panasonic insider guy who was kind enough to look into the firmware update that's been supposeingly spreading around in Europe who claim it reduces or fixes FB's on several picture modes.

Panasonic guy.

"Thanks. I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble unless it's merited. I just would like answers. Why is there firmware with no details as to what it does specifically ? Why is it limited to a single region? Why is it only working in certain modes and not all? Just isn't acceptable for any company IMO."

We got real close when the Panasonic guy said, "I have some idea what's going on here. I just need get verification"

However all just came to a dead end when some people opened there big mouth.

Originally Posted by Calvin35
"I understand where you are coming from. However it is my opinion that whoever released the firmware will end up losing their job once they are discovered. I don't want anyone that was trying to help out the consumer to be ratted out buy said consumer. Panasonic as a company did not appear to be doing anything to fix the FBr. If Panasonic was working on it then please let us all know that the issue is being worked on."

Panasonic guy reply.

"Re: 2011 Panasonic Fluctuating Brightness Master Discussion Thread
That's not the way it works here in any way.anything given to the public has a paper trail of submissions and approvals. And legal looks into it. Anything I asked for simply narrows it down faster for me."

Then another guy had to say his peace.

"Re: 2011 Panasonic Fluctuating Brightness Master Discussion Thread
I agree ! The only person or group of people who seem to give a sh-t about helping out and now we want to get them in trouble . What a crock!"

Panasonic guy reply.

"Here we go again. You literally spell it out and people still say this ^^. I'm not going to investigate anything now to make you at ease. I was literally trying to help."

Then the mod had to get involved and do this.

mod.

"Exactly. I'm shutting this down for a day or so. Some folks need to grow up. And don't even consider bringing up FBr in the owners threads."

jmpage2's Avatar jmpage2 12:27 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

Looks like we hit a dead end again on the VT30 FB issue.

http://www.**************.com/showth...Thread/page134

What do they say in times like this? Two steps foward and One step back, or something along those lines? just when I thought the mystery would be solved.

For those complaining that the link does not work, you need to replace the *'s with "high def junkies".

Honestly RadTech when you claim that "we hit a dead end" that is a total misrepresentation and shows exactly why the thread was locked.

1. Users in EU Spain and a few other places have gotten firmware versions after complaining of the floating brightness issue that have greatly improved or eliminated the problem (there is proof now via Youtube videos that shows the before/after affect of the new firmware).

2. Other markets (even other EU markets) customer care is totally unaware of this firmware... which could mean any one of a number of things, including that Panasonic is a huge company that doesn't communicate well internally.

3. AVJunkie, a Panasonic employee commented that he would investigate this when he was next in Japan, since all FW development happens there.

4. People panicked and thought that avjunkie was going to "shut down a bunch of rogue programmers working on the FBR fix" and somehow get the fix swept under the rug, get people fired, etc.

5. In exasperation AVJ says he will just drop it and not cause these people to have a stroke.

6. Elway locked the thread, because people were acting like idiots.

And honestly, I don't see why it matters to you anyway, you have already returned your VT30 and said you want to get an HX929, which will have its own issues for people to obsess about.
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 12:35 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

For those complaining that the link does not work, you need to replace the *'s with "high def junkies".

Honestly RadTech when you claim that "we hit a dead end" that is a total misrepresentation and shows exactly why the thread was locked.

1. Users in EU Spain and a few other places have gotten firmware versions after complaining of the floating brightness issue that have greatly improved or eliminated the problem (there is proof now via Youtube videos that shows the before/after affect of the new firmware).

2. Other markets (even other EU markets) customer care is totally unaware of this firmware... which could mean any one of a number of things, including that Panasonic is a huge company that doesn't communicate well internally.

3. AVJunkie, a Panasonic employee commented that he would investigate this when he was next in Japan, since all FW development happens there.

4. People panicked and thought that avjunkie was going to "shut down a bunch of rogue programmers working on the FBR fix" and somehow get the fix swept under the rug, get people fired, etc.

5. In exasperation AVJ says he will just drop it and not cause these people to have a stroke.

6. Elway locked the thread, because people were acting like idiots.

And honestly, I don't see why it matters to you anyway, you have already returned your VT30 and said you want to get an HX929, which will have its own issues for people to obsess about.

You need to read my posts better I still have the VT30.

Not sure what you call it but it kind of hit a brick wall back there thanks to some people. And the Mod didn't help much ether when he locked the Forum up, which I believe was a very bad decision.
MikeAlletto's Avatar MikeAlletto 12:35 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

You need to read my posts better I still have the VT30.

Not sure what you call it but it kind of hit a brick wall back there thanks to some people. And the Mod didn't help much ether when he locked the Forum up, which I believe was a very bad decision.

Its not locked anymore.
m4bama's Avatar m4bama 12:42 PM 06-30-2011
How did the last firmware update for the VT30 go addressing the THX calibration did the update go smooth and how did it calibrate after that.
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 12:42 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAlletto View Post

Its not locked anymore.

The damage is done, I think well be lucky to here back from the Panasonic insider anytime soon.
MikeAlletto's Avatar MikeAlletto 12:45 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

The damage is done, I think well be lucky to here back from the Panasonic insider anytime soon.

In the insider thread he indicated he is going to look into it still.
rogo's Avatar rogo 12:48 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

You are a bit confused. The sets are calibrated and then the color control (chroma gain) is set to 40. This particular setting has been producing the best result. Regardless, the color decoders do not work properly and are supposedly the subject of the next firmware update.

I more mis-spoke than was "confused", but regardless, you are working around the problem.
Raven Crimson's Avatar Raven Crimson 12:52 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Yep, I can see it, you better get a new tv.

Umm, you have tried this on YOUR TV with YOUR Xbox and can see the problem? I wasn't talking about seeing anything on the video itself. The video's motion problem is the camera not keeping up, not the issue I'm talking about.
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 01:32 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAlletto View Post

In the insider thread he indicated he is going to look into it still.

I was just following the FB thread didn't know he posted in the other thread after the mod close the FB thread. Another reason why I like AVS Forums more because of some of the mods over there. Also I don't like how they bash AVS Forums whenever they get a chance.
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 01:39 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4bama View Post

How did the last firmware update for the VT30 go addressing the THX calibration did the update go smooth and how did it calibrate after that.

THX was actually never an issue with calibration before or after firware update. Its the ISF night and Day modes that where off....
Michael2000's Avatar Michael2000 02:36 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Panasonic is just meh.. I wrote to them a while ago because of the promotion and told them that the store i bought my VT30 from wouldn't honor the promotion and if there is anything they could do.. they replied

"no, we can't help in this matter"

Thats all.... what kind of answer is that? thanks for nothin panasonic.. jerks

Mo

I suppose if the promotion was going on, and you had purchased within the last 30 days from a store with a 30 day return policy, you could always return the set, and rebuy it with the promotion.

Personally, if Panasonic and/or retailers are not going to promote a promotion, what good is it? They are just giving temporary discounts or freebies to people who were going to buy anyway. It idea is to induce people to buy who would not have otherwise. You have to advertise the promotion to do that.

Michael
whipit's Avatar whipit 07:30 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook View Post

link doesnt work?

Just type the long version of hdj.
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 09:06 PM 06-30-2011
Some good news.. http://www.**************.com/showth...878#post252878

#3367
Wizzu
Re: 2011 Panasonic Fluctuating Brightness Master Discussion Thread
Good news.

On the spanish site, a link has been posted by user Lelako to a (finally!) usable version of the 1.313 firmware for the G30 (and supposedely, for the ST30).

It's been tested by Euskokali on his G30 and it worked....

I installed it on the P42G30 unit I have here and bingo, no more noticeable FBr.

At last a working medication!

The "fixed" modes are Cinema, THX and Professional.
No real change with Dynamic, Normal, photo and game modes. Personally I don't care, but I know people who will be angry with the un-fixed game mode... :-(

So there is hope!
Vader182's Avatar Vader182 09:36 PM 06-30-2011
Do you guys really see the issue that often? I mean, I had my set calibrated by Ed Johnson, but I only see it once in a while and with very specific content. For some reason, two David Fincher films (Social Network and Fight Club) were the only two that triggered it, and it was really subtle.

Also, despite being pleased with motion because of my bd player forcing 3:2 itself, I'm growing increasingly curious why nobody else seems to notice the motion issues, which I consider the biggest problem on the set...

-Vader
shiarua's Avatar shiarua 09:56 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182
Do you guys really see the issue that often? I mean, I had my set calibrated by Ed Johnson, but I only see it once in a while and with very specific content. For some reason, two David Fincher films (Social Network and Fight Club) were the only two that triggered it, and it was really subtle.

Also, despite being pleased with motion because of my bd player forcing 3:2 itself, I'm growing increasingly curious why nobody else seems to notice the motion issues, which I consider the biggest problem on the set...

-Vader
I guess you'd have to come look at my set and tell me if you see it. I don't, but I guess I don't know what to look for or just dont notice it.

I have 3:2 to auto on the TV, the Oppo puts out 1080p24 and the tv is set to 96hz
Vader182's Avatar Vader182 10:00 PM 06-30-2011
They look 'hyper-real'. Almost as if a subtle motion smoother was on. It just doesn't like filmlike let alone lifelike.

-Vader
Techlord's Avatar Techlord 11:08 PM 06-30-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post
They look 'hyper-real'. Almost as if a subtle motion smoother was on. It just doesn't like filmlike let alone lifelike.

-Vader
It sounds like your describing interpolation which is LCD specific, perhaps you have a somewhat defective set.
Vader182's Avatar Vader182 11:55 PM 06-30-2011
I've heard a couple of others describe similar issues, but only a couple. I suppose that has to be the case since everyone keeps raving about the 60hz motion, but like I said, I let my blu-ray player do the converting for me into 3:2, and it's some of the best, most natural motion I've ever seen out of the cinema.

...just wondering if anyone else had it.

-Vader
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 10:27 AM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post

I've heard a couple of others describe similar issues, but only a couple. I suppose that has to be the case since everyone keeps raving about the 60hz motion, but like I said, I let my blu-ray player do the converting for me into 3:2, and it's some of the best, most natural motion I've ever seen out of the cinema.

...just wondering if anyone else had it.

-Vader

Hi Vader, I use 60Hz mode allways now because of the very annoying flicker on 96Hz mode. Motion looks good to me on ether mode, however I have experienced what you are describing before in 60Hz mode. I was watching a SD source and it only happened a few times when I first got the Tv, to fix it I had to reset the cable box and power off the Tv. So I don't know which was causing it but the problem was fixed.
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 10:39 AM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader182 View Post

Do you guys really see the issue that often? I mean, I had my set calibrated by Ed Johnson, but I only see it once in a while and with very specific content. For some reason, two David Fincher films (Social Network and Fight Club) were the only two that triggered it, and it was really subtle.

Also, despite being pleased with motion because of my bd player forcing 3:2 itself, I'm growing increasingly curious why nobody else seems to notice the motion issues, which I consider the biggest problem on the set...

-Vader

You know my feelings on the issue, but that would be a good question for Panasonic because if Panasonic doesn't see this FB issue as often as we do, or doesn't consider this a big deal, then it could very well get blown under the table. I will say that hope is never a bad thing, and do hope that Panasonic will fix or band-aid this issue, hopefully though it's in all picture modes.
calvin35's Avatar calvin35 11:56 AM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

You know my feelings on the issue, but that would be a good question for Panasonic because if Panasonic doesn't see this FB issue as often as we do, or doesn't consider this a big deal, then it could very well get blown under the table. I will say that hope is never a bad thing, and do hope that Panasonic will fix or band-aid this issue, hopefully though it's in all picture modes.

If europe is getting the fix then Panasonic would be crazy to not release it in na. I think that any fix released in na will be because off what is going on in europe.
m4bama's Avatar m4bama 12:34 PM 07-01-2011
It seems that firmware should work itself over here by fall.
Cinema626's Avatar Cinema626 12:38 PM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4bama View Post

It seems that firmware should work itself over here by fall.

and where did you get this info?
mohanman's Avatar mohanman 03:52 PM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post

I suppose if the promotion was going on, and you had purchased within the last 30 days from a store with a 30 day return policy, you could always return the set, and rebuy it with the promotion.

Personally, if Panasonic and/or retailers are not going to promote a promotion, what good is it? They are just giving temporary discounts or freebies to people who were going to buy anyway. It idea is to induce people to buy who would not have otherwise. You have to advertise the promotion to do that.

Michael

Nevermind the store I bought it from honored it and gave me the glasses and avatar. I mean I payed retail for the 55" (2799.00), its only fair I get that stuff especially when I bought the set 10 days before. Panasonic just didn't care, they suck in my book. But whatever.. I remember when I bought the 42" plasma, they kept calling me to get their warranty extension service.. the lady kept pestering, pestering, pestering. I told her to leave me alone.
Mo
RadTech51's Avatar RadTech51 03:52 PM 07-01-2011
At the moment this appears to be Panasonic's official response.

"In response, I can confirm that the update in question was a Spanish firmware fix update for a loss of signal experienced in some areas of Spain. Unfortunately, as areas in the UK are not affected by this loss of signal this update will not be released."
Allan1paxton's Avatar Allan1paxton 03:59 PM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadTech51 View Post

At the moment this appears to be Panasonic's official response.

"In response, I can confirm that the update in question was a Spanish firmware fix update for a loss of signal experienced in some areas of Spain. Unfortunately, as areas in the UK are not affected by this loss of signal this update will not be released."

I think from this response we can see how Panasonic UK intend to deal with this situation!! I have therefore decided that if I do get this TV I will flash it with 1520 ala Pazman!!
MikeAlletto's Avatar MikeAlletto 04:00 PM 07-01-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanman View Post

Nevermind the store I bought it from honored it and gave me the glasses and avatar. I mean I payed retail for the 55" (2799.00), its only fair I get that stuff especially when I bought the set 10 days before. Panasonic just didn't care, they suck in my book. But whatever.. I remember when I bought the 42" plasma, they kept calling me to get their warranty extension service.. the lady kept pestering, pestering, pestering. I told her to leave me alone.
Mo

Glad you got the promo but why do you think it should come from Panasonic? You didn't buy the tv from panasonic you bought it from another retailer so your agreement is between the retailer and you. Promos are not honored by every retailer, it is up to the retailer to accept the promo and offer it to customers. This is not in any way a panasonic issue. If it were really that big of a deal you should have just told your retailer that you are within your return period (if you were) and you were going to just return the product and buy it from someplace else.
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar Cleveland Plasma 09:11 AM 07-02-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema626 View Post

and where did you get this info?

Firmware update come out all the time for all types of products. They will get it right sooner or later if there are any bugs left.
Digitally challe's Avatar Digitally challe 12:42 PM 07-03-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Firmware update come out all the time for all types of products. They will get it right sooner or later if there are any bugs left.

Let's hope they get it right sooner than later.
Tags: Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
First ... 38  39  40 41  42  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop