Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk] - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 6439 Old 05-09-2011, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

any info on the 85" VT30 yet? expected price. release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogo View Post

As far as I know, there is no such thing. Certainly it was not shown or described at CES. There might be a successor to the VX200 (is that the current high end one?) coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

Nothing of the sort has ever been announced. There is an 85 as part of the professional series not mean for consumers (I think it is the vx200 series and is very expensive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneaddict View Post

I know nothing has been officially announced, that's why i was checking in to see if someone has heard anything.

There were a few articles floating around the Net with some info about it. Here's one:

http://www.techyglobe.com/news/panas...-3d-plasma-tv/

Late 2011 if the article is to be believed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 6439 Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Generally speaking, things announced by manufacturers take their own sweet time to ship. I would not be on things not even announced shipping this year.

There is no difference in HDMI cables. If you can see the picture without visible dropouts or sparklies, the cable is working at 100%. No other cable will display a better version of that picture. You're simply wrong if you think there is a better digital cable than one that is already working. (Oh, and plasma didn't die because of logistics problems, nor does OLED ship in big boxes because it comes from Korea.)
post #153 of 6439 Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello to the forum.

50VT30 want to buy a Panasonic, but I read that there are some pretty annoying brightness fluctuations. Do you know something about this problem?. That I would not return to meet again with a parachute problem the Panasonic blacks floatings VT20

Thank you very much friends

PD: My English is not very good, excuse me.
post #154 of 6439 Old 05-10-2011, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyokushinkai View Post

Hello to the forum.

50VT30 want to buy a Panasonic, but I read that there are some pretty annoying brightness fluctuations. Do you know something about this problem?. That I would not return to meet again with a parachute problem the Panasonic blacks floatings VT20

Thank you very much friends

PD: My English is not very good, excuse me.

I have had my 55VT30 for a week and I have seen this minor fluctuation half a dozen times. However it is very minor, nothing like the youtube video or as dramatic as some posts have suggested.
post #155 of 6439 Old 05-10-2011, 09:27 AM

My 55" VT30 is about a week old and I've seen this seveal times. Each time it lasted about a second or so, but the fluctuation was fairly significant in brightness. Almost as if someone pressed a button or made a major picture adjustment. I'm fairly sure that each time the picture mode was "standard" which I find I don't use very often, and I don't think it has ever occured in "THX", which I mainly use. I'm hoping that this is something that will not occur in THX..otherwise it may become an issue for me.
post #156 of 6439 Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Send a message via AIM to Dominus
I had my 55VT30 delivered this morning. Now begins the break-in period with slides and settings from D-Nice. In a few days I will report back and answer what questions I can.

Countdown 100 . . .

I finally pulled the trigger. Life is good.

Cheers!
post #157 of 6439 Old 05-10-2011, 11:40 AM

I picked mine up last night not sure when the break in will start.. Sometime in the next few days.
post #158 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy202022 View Post

I have had my 55VT30 for a week and I have seen this minor fluctuation half a dozen times. However it is very minor, nothing like the youtube video or as dramatic as some posts have suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast View Post

My 55" VT30 is about a week old and I've seen this seveal times. Each time it lasted about a second or so, but the fluctuation was fairly significant in brightness. Almost as if someone pressed a button or made a major picture adjustment. I'm fairly sure that each time the picture mode was "standard" which I find I don't use very often, and I don't think it has ever occured in "THX", which I mainly use. I'm hoping that this is something that will not occur in THX..otherwise it may become an issue for me.

Thank you very much for your answers
post #159 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 AM

Either my TV doesn't have fluctuations, or I totally miss them...

PC/PS3 Gaming, Movies, Comcrap Cable... So either people make these things up to have something to complain about, or my eyes just aren't good enough to spot them, because I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with my TV, just that its big, its bright and I have zero regrets buying it.

(P.S. Are there repeatable steps to reproduce this fluctuation thing, so I can actively watch for it?)
post #160 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecoast View Post

I appreciate people posting both the postivies and the issues they are experiencing with this new model. I was thinking about buying it but I haven't heard of any dramatic improvements over last years models and still some issues with the newest model. I think I'll get my old CRT fixed up and wait yet another year for something as good as a KURO. I was hoping this was the year.
post #161 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post

I appreciate people posting both the postivies and the issues they are experiencing with this new model. I was thinking about buying it but I haven't heard of any dramatic improvements over last years models and still some issues with the newest model. I think I'll get my old CRT fixed up and wait yet another year for something as good as a KURO. I was hoping this was the year.

Or you can wait for OLED, as long as you don't mind waiting.

post #162 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRogue View Post

Either my TV doesn't have fluctuations, or I totally miss them...

PC/PS3 Gaming, Movies, Comcrap Cable... So either people make these things up to have something to complain about, or my eyes just aren't good enough to spot them, because I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with my TV, just that its big, its bright and I have zero regrets buying it.

(P.S. Are there repeatable steps to reproduce this fluctuation thing, so I can actively watch for it?)

It is typically certain scenes that do it on my VT20. I have a copy of Tombstone on Blu-ray, and it is a darker movie (lots of night scenes with black). It is repeatable, because I just rewind the movie to the same parts that do it, and it happens over and over again. It is a lot less noticeable on certain content. I can watch 100 blu-rays and it is only really noticeable on about 10 movies. Typically scenes with a lot of black and white (outside night shot and street lamps) are the worst. Or if there is dialog in a movie and the scene is dark and it has two people talking, and let's say two cameras filmed the scene. Camera 1 on person 1 and camera 2 on person 2. The switching between those two cameras as each person talks causes the issue for me as well. This is just subjective to what I have seen though.
post #163 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 09:41 PM

I see a lot of talk about gamma problems in THX mode which is disappointing, but to me at least, I wouldn't drop this kind of money on any flat panel without getting calibration done, which should fix the gamma problem. Just my 2 cents.

It is like faulting that the greyscale is off. I just see it as a common thing out of the box and get it adjusted through calibration.
post #164 of 6439 Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanplumber View Post

I see a lot of talk about gamma problems in THX mode which is disappointing, but to me at least, I wouldn't drop this kind of money on any flat panel without getting calibration done, which should fix the gamma problem. Just my 2 cents.

It is like faulting that the greyscale is off. I just see it as a common thing out of the box and get it adjusted through calibration.

There are no adjustments to increase or adjust gamma in THX mode on this display. Custom mode and Pro modes allow for different gamma settings.

Precision Video Calibrations
THX Certified Video Calibrator
Calibrating Florida and Georgia
post #165 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 646
post #166 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Panasonic Ships 3D Sets
Expects To Cut Glasses Price
By Greg Tarr -- TWICE, 5/11/2011
New York - Panasonic gave the shipments of the majority of its 2011 Viera 3D plasma and LCD TV lines a formal sendoff here Wednesday, and indicated that a new lower price for 3D glasses will soon be on the way.
SpectraCal"New custom calibration software created by SpectraCal for Panasonic's VT series TVs, will be available for purchase by Panasonic value-added dealers and installers to provide fast and easy custom calibration services for their clients."
Although it had previously shown its 2011 3D plasma and LCD sets at January's International CES and then again at a line review last March, the company offered yet another promotional opportunity with the press to present the technology and feature packages shipping in its new VT (65 and 55 inches), GT (65, 60, 55 and 50 inches), and ST (all sizes 42 to 65 inches) 3D plasma series sets and its DT LCD 1080 displays (32 and 37 inches).

New this time was the announcement of new dealer calibration software designed for Panasonic by SpectraCal to enable precise picture calibration of VT Series models based on SMPTE performance criteria and optimized for the ambient lighting conditions of the room. Measurements are taken in the home through the software using a special meter that is placed on the screen to read color, grayscale and luminance so the software can make automatic adjustments to the set.

All a set owner would have to do after the calibration is switch from day to night modes on the TV to achieve the best picture results for the room.

Panasonic is selling the software, which is distinguished by its ability to make rapid adjustments, to those dealers who wish to offer their clients a value-added customized service for the purchase and installation of the advanced TV models and home theater systems.

Meanwhile, with word that LG and Vizio have launched inexpensive HD LCD TVs using lower-cost passive 3D glasses technology, and Samsung has cut the pricing on its active-shutter glasses, Panasonic said it is making preparations to sell a new pair of rechargeable active-shutter eyewear that is compatible with its 3D TVs at a retail price, "somewhere south of $99." The exact time and release date will be disclosed later.

Currently, Panasonic is planning to offer in June a special limited time promotional bundle with glasses and a 3D Blu-ray Disc copy of "Avatar" to help promote the new sets. The VT series is the only series that offers one pair of 3D glasses standard with the purchase of the TV.

All of the new plasma and LCD models this year will feature some form of connectivity, with step-up model series featuring the new Viera Connect app-based TV platform that has the ability to access downloadable video games, connect to exercise equipment to monitor heart rates and assist with treadmill workouts (among others), and access out of market sporting events via the NHL, NBA, MLB and MSL. For streaming video content the VieraConnect platform adds access to HuluPlus, CinemaNow and AlphaLine services, among others.

The VieraConnect models all have access to an app "market" where they can buy literal dozens of applications created for the TVs by third party developers.

Panasonic VieraConnect sets also include Skype video conferencing through the TV.

All models this year also offer DLNA compliance.

John
post #167 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Too late for me (my 55" VT30 is being delivered tomorrow).
post #168 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by falsedawn View Post
Panasonic Ships 3D Sets
Expects To Cut Glasses Price
By Greg Tarr -- TWICE, 5/11/2011
New York - Panasonic gave the shipments of the majority of its 2011 Viera 3D plasma and LCD TV lines a formal sendoff here Wednesday, and indicated that a new lower price for 3D glasses will soon be on the way.
SpectraCal"New custom calibration software created by SpectraCal for Panasonic's VT series TVs, will be available for purchase by Panasonic value-added dealers and installers to provide fast and easy custom calibration services for their clients."
Although it had previously shown its 2011 3D plasma and LCD sets at January's International CES and then again at a line review last March, the company offered yet another promotional opportunity with the press to present the technology and feature packages shipping in its new VT (65 and 55 inches), GT (65, 60, 55 and 50 inches), and ST (all sizes 42 to 65 inches) 3D plasma series sets and its DT LCD 1080 displays (32 and 37 inches).

New this time was the announcement of new dealer calibration software designed for Panasonic by SpectraCal to enable precise picture calibration of VT Series models based on SMPTE performance criteria and optimized for the ambient lighting conditions of the room. Measurements are taken in the home through the software using a special meter that is placed on the screen to read color, grayscale and luminance so the software can make automatic adjustments to the set.

All a set owner would have to do after the calibration is switch from day to night modes on the TV to achieve the best picture results for the room.

Panasonic is selling the software, which is distinguished by its ability to make rapid adjustments, to those dealers who wish to offer their clients a value-added customized service for the purchase and installation of the advanced TV models and home theater systems.

Meanwhile, with word that LG and Vizio have launched inexpensive HD LCD TVs using lower-cost passive 3D glasses technology, and Samsung has cut the pricing on its active-shutter glasses, Panasonic said it is making preparations to sell a new pair of rechargeable active-shutter eyewear that is compatible with its 3D TVs at a retail price, "somewhere south of $99." The exact time and release date will be disclosed later.

Currently, Panasonic is planning to offer in June a special limited time promotional bundle with glasses and a 3D Blu-ray Disc copy of "Avatar" to help promote the new sets. The VT series is the only series that offers one pair of 3D glasses standard with the purchase of the TV.

All of the new plasma and LCD models this year will feature some form of connectivity, with step-up model series featuring the new Viera Connect app-based TV platform that has the ability to access downloadable video games, connect to exercise equipment to monitor heart rates and assist with treadmill workouts (among others), and access out of market sporting events via the NHL, NBA, MLB and MSL. For streaming video content the VieraConnect platform adds access to HuluPlus, CinemaNow and AlphaLine services, among others.

The VieraConnect models all have access to an app "market" where they can buy literal dozens of applications created for the TVs by third party developers.

Panasonic VieraConnect sets also include Skype video conferencing through the TV.

All models this year also offer DLNA compliance.
I'm planning on picking up a GT30 around Xmas time so I hope they continue to offer the Avatar 3D Blu-ray and glasses or I'll be thoroughly disappointed.
post #169 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The Eagles Have Landed !! The Eagles Have Landed !!

tell Chad to get busy

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #170 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnymac51 View Post
There are no adjustments to increase or adjust gamma in THX mode on this display. Custom mode and Pro modes allow for different gamma settings.
I know the new GT30's have a cinema mode too, so I would hope the Pro mode or the cinema mode with calibration would yield better results then the THX mode anyways.

Good to know that the THX mode has no gamma adjusts though for anyone buying one of these new VT30s. Thanks for sharing.
post #171 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLennerth View Post
I'm planning on picking up a GT30 around Xmas time so I hope they continue to offer the Avatar 3D Blu-ray and glasses or I'll be thoroughly disappointed.
Just buy one of the 3D blu-ray players now then for $150ish. That would be the surest way to make sure you have Avatar 3D, just in case the TV promotion ends. Also I just saw a GT31 at Best Buy yesterday and it came with the Skype camera, 2 3D rechargeable glasses, a wifi adapter, and Avatar in 3D. I don't think the contents in the box would change for that model if worse comes to worst.
post #172 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 PM
boe
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by centauro74 View Post

Or you can wait for OLED, as long as you don't mind waiting.

OLED may be nice but I don't think I have that much patience. I'm already stretched thin as I thought I'd be getting a 10G Kuro a couple of years ago. I don't think I'll be seeing a 65" or larger OLED in the near future (although it certainly would be nice).
post #173 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM

I started the break in process last night and I can see some what I think is posterization in 3 differant spots but I can only see it at extreme viewing angles is this something I should be worried about?
post #174 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breedbeyond View Post

I started the break in process last night and I can see some what I think is posterization in 3 differant spots but I can only see it at extreme viewing angles is this something I should be worried about?

What do you consider extreme viewing angles to be?
post #175 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

Posterization? In monochromatic break-in slides?

post #176 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:45 PM

looking at the tv from all the way to the side. I don't see it till I get to almost a 90 degree angle. I only see it in three spots. No where else on the screen. I don't know if posterization is the right word. I don't think it would show up in a picture altho I can try.
post #177 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked: 646
post #178 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM

Here are 2 crappy cell phone pics of what I am seeing.
LL
LL
post #179 of 6439 Old 05-12-2011, 11:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Quote:

Here are 2 crappy cell phone pics of what I am seeing.

I can't help asking, why are you looking at your display from that angle?
post #180 of 6439 Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 AM

It's just a temp spot while I do the break in. It's in my theater room till the break in is done then it will be moved into the living room. The way it is setup now I see it from that angle when I walk in the room.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65vt30 65 Inch 3d Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic , Plasma Hdtv , Panasonic Viera Tc P55vt30 55 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread - P65vt30 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page