AVS Forum banner

Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxVT30 Series Thread Discussion Thread [No Price Talk]

757K views 6K replies 740 participants last post by  whipit 
#1 ·

2 Days ago the Panasonic TC-P55VT30 hit the streets. The Panasonic TC-P65VT30 have hit too. In Europe VT30 will be available in 42, 50, 55 and 65 inches and will be called TX-P42VT30, TX-P50VT30, TX-P55VT30 and TX-P65VT30. The TV is basically the same.

Chad B ( Read about Chad B, Click Here ) stopped by for a visit and tested and reviewed the TC-P65VT30 >>> Click Here

The Eagles Have Landed !!

Review of the European Model TC-P50VT30 >>> Click Here

Another Review for the VT30 >>> Click Here She tested very well !!

See less See more
#4 ·
Is it just me or did that review not come across as "stellar"?

According to the article they went back to glass over panel approach which is traditional Panasonic which hasn't been as good as the one sheet design. I thought D-Nice said it was still one sheet even with the one pane design?

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/20366576

Is panasonic offering any deal with an extra (2nd) pair of glasses?

Nothing right now, but not all of there models are out yet either.

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC /forum/post/20367334

Although I generally think bigger is better, I still think they should have had a 50" US version as that is an appealing size for some people.

That's true for me. I would have almost certainly gone for a 50" VT30, but my room just won't take a 55". It leaves me looking at a Sammy PN 51D7000/8000. Or maybe I'll wait to see how the Sony HX929 performs.

#14 ·
#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandaroy /forum/post/20367054

Pu, we want your thoughts! Start writing and posting photos.

I added a few more photo's to the set, similar to the ones I added last night but hopefully a bit more clear.

Amazing TV so far, couldn't be happier and I haven't done any tinkering with the settings as I plan on waiting a bit for it to break in before I tune it up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33831810@N03/?saved=1

#18 ·
Any way you can take a picture of the power cord where it goes into the Set? I want to see how much farther it sticks out compared to the rest of the back for the mount I am installing.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC /forum/post/20367334

Although I generally think bigger is better, I still think they should have had a 50" US version as that is an appealing size for some people.

I'm mad because there isn't a 60" model

55" is only 5" bigger than I have now and 65 is TOO big. I may have to settle for the GT or ST to get a 60" but that doesn't really sit too well with me.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork /forum/post/20371312

55" is only 5" bigger than I have now and 65 it TOO big. I may have to settle for the GT or ST to get a 60" but that doesn't really sit too well with me.

Exactly how I feel right now... My 50G15 is just a little too small... but 55" doesn't seem like a big enough jump... and 65" is soo big for my area...

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishniknork /forum/post/20371312

55" is only 5" bigger than I have now and 65 is TOO big. I may have to settle for the GT or ST to get a 60" but that doesn't really sit too well with me.

Are you putting it in an enclosure or between furniture? I'll be putting the 65" on a wall about 8' from my bed but I don't have an enclosure to worry about so 65" will be fine at 8'. I think 80" might be too big at that distance.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe /forum/post/20371848

Are you putting it in an enclosure or between furniture? I'll be putting the 65" on a wall about 8' from my bed but I don't have an enclosure to worry about so 65" will be fine at 8'. I think 80" might be too big at that distance.

It wouldn't be in an enclosure but space is a little limited and I thought seating distance might be a problem. Right after I posted my complaint here I did a little measuring. With a few adjustments I could probably make it fly but there's also the extra expense incurred buying a TV larger than I wanted.

I've still got some time to decide and I'd like to catch some reviews to compare the VT with the GT series before I purchase. Maybe if I get a really good deal I'll spring for the 65VT but I'd rather have a 60". Then again if the VT series has the same brightness fluctuations and what-not as the GT I may as well get the GT, save some dough and have the size I want.

Heh-heh, seems kind of funny NOT wanting the biggest!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.