LG says: "Get an iSF Cal to help eliminate LINE BLEED on my PX950..." - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I called up LG Customer Service to have a technician come out to my place to check out my 'Horrific LINE BLEED' on my 50PX950. Of course, they sent out a 3rd party(Outsourced) Tech, who barely spoke any English, what a surprise. He took a few pics & videos of my problem and said he would follow up with me. Now he's heard from the LG TSR Dept spokesperson & first they said my HDTV pdp was in good working order, but that I might get an iSF calibration to help with the line bleed issues. Come again?!?!?!? I've never seen that as a fix on any of the forums that i frequently visit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

I called up LG Customer Service to have a technician come out to my place to check out my 'Horrific LINE BLEED' on my 50PX950. Of course, they sent out a 3rd party(Outsourced) Tech, who barely spoke any English, what a surprise. He took a few pics & videos of my problem and said he would follow up with me. Now he's heard from the LG TSR Dept spokesperson & first they said my HDTV pdp was in good working order, but that I might get an iSF calibration to help with the line bleed issues. Come again?!?!?!? I've never seen that as a fix on any of the forums that i frequently visit.

Sounds like snake oil to me...the only way you might help mask it is to make the pic a little dimmer...you can try that yourself and see if it helps. (I rather doubt it would though) My Panny 60u was pretty bad with line bleed too. The Kuro I bought used last year has virtually none. You probably are going to have to live with it. Have you checked another set like yours at a store? If it shows the same issue it's no doubt normal for the set you have.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanBuck View Post

Have you checked another set like yours at a store? If it shows the same issue it's no doubt normal for the set you have.

My LG PX is a 2010 model, most retailers have the PZ model. And i didn't notice it as much on current retailers' display sets.

I'm not going to live with it & I'm trying to work with LG to get them to swap it out in favor of a 2011 PZ model. They're having 1 of their techs, as opposed to a 3rd party tech, come out next week to observe the line bleed. We'll go from there, i have plenty of examples to show him. Wish me luck................
post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyguitar1963 View Post

My LG PX is a 2010 model, most retailers have the PZ model. And i didn't notice it as much on current retailers' display sets.

I'm not going to live with it & I'm trying to work with LG to get them to swap it out in favor of a 2011 PZ model. They're having 1 of their techs, as opposed to a 3rd party tech, come out next week to observe the line bleed. We'll go from there, i have plenty of examples to show him. Wish me luck................

You do have to realize that line bleed is pretty normal for most plasmas though...the only one I ever saw virtually without it was the Pioneers. It's not a defect...it's just the way they are. I read that Samsungs suffer from it too, and I know the older Pannys did...not sure about the newer ones. If you can get it swapped for a 2011 that is (perhaps) improved in that regard though go for it. LG should already be well aware that their sets have line bleed. Maybe yours is worse than normal but I bet it's like all the others of the same model. Good luck!
post #5 of 5 Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Line bleed is not necessarily a defect. An ISF calibration can help with line bleed slightly, but not that it will remove it completely. It is just the way plasmas handle the picture. Some tvs are better than others with it.

If you are unhappy with the panel, you need to prove that it does have a defect. Look at it from the side and see if you have circular blotches all over the screen. Run a 3d movie and see if your 3d glasses and tv go haywire in a bright white scene. Those are defects. That is why my panel is being replaced, as ordered by the tech.

Keep in mind, LG has no obligation to give you a brand new model tv, but only to replace the panel if defective. If they do not have any panels available and they cannot be ordered, then it might be possible.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page