LG pz750 50" & 60" Plasma - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 137 Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed that last time I spent a few hours calibrating, I still have some IR from the IRE calibration menu screen. Ive run white wash and color wash for 10-15 minutes each a few times but I can still see it when I look real close. Now im hesitant to calibrate anymore just because of the IR it causes...

I will try ur settings this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 137 Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 PM

I understand that I started to have the same issues where I'd have the setting screen and the ire box outlines that wouldn't go away. I did whitewash and color wash over and over and it just stayed there. I ended up giving it a break every 30 minutes or so after that and it slowly went away. So I understand why you would be hesitant as I definitely am myself after that scare.
post #123 of 137 Old 03-11-2012, 10:59 PM

I thought I'd post my calibration settings on this thread since the PZ750 is almost identical to the PZ950...

Calibration-LG 60" PZ950-UA
Use time Under 1900 hrs.
Xrite I1display 2 with ColorHCFR Software
Did NOT use DVD for Greyscale as used built in TV's IRE 20 step-Inner.

Calibrated at night with a side foyer ceiling light on so as not to hit screen which is my ideal viewing for Flix watching. Also used inside of black plastic garbage pail (cleaned of course) to calibrate sensor.

Just Scan
Energy Saving-off

Expert 2
Contrast-Night 87 (Day 95)
Brightness-Night 55 (Day 59)
HSharp-57
VSharp-57
Color-50
Tint-50

Expert settings/Control
Dynamic Contrast Off
Noise Reduction Off
Super Resolution On
Gamma High
Black Level Low
Film Mode On
Color Gamut Standard
Edge Enhancer On
Temp-WARM

As you can see, I like pics to POP hence the high sharpness and Edge Enhancer and deep contrast. I will try to post Graph showing RGB almost DEAD ON Straight line Across Greyscale.
Here u go. Hope ya like!!!
RGB >>>
5/ -2 -1 0
10/ 0 -1 7
15/ -1 1 7
20/-5 1 5
25/-5 0 4
30/-7 0 -1
35/-13 2 1
40/-12 1 0
45/-11 6 -7
50/-20 1 -3
55/-25 1 -13
60/-21 1 -10
65/-24 2 -2
70/-25 2 -16
75/-22 3 -12
80/-28 0 -5
85/-35 2 -16
90/-31 5 -7
95/-30 4 -6
100/-50 2 -8

Gamma was a bit tricky so used Disney WOW HD for Brightness and Contrast.
Extremely happy with these settings. I just now need to know how to set Gamma and rest of Color settings to feel 100 percent complete.

I someone could tell me what their black levels are like after these exact settings, that would be awesome! I don't think they are crushed but others might.

Special thanks to thread user pz750 for inspiring me to do with his settings and for his great advice!
post #124 of 137 Old 03-11-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derod68 View Post

I thought I'd post my calibration settings on this thread since the PZ750 is almost identical to the PZ950...

Calibration-LG 60" PZ950-UA
Use time Under 1900 hrs.
Xrite I1display 2 with ColorHCFR Software
Did NOT use DVD for Greyscale as used built in TV's IRE 20 step-Inner.

Calibrated at night with a side foyer ceiling light on so as not to hit screen which is my ideal viewing for Flix watching. Also used inside of black plastic garbage pail (cleaned of course) to calibrate sensor.

Just Scan
Energy Saving-off

Expert 2
Contrast-Night 87 (Day 95)
Brightness-Night 55 (Day 59)
HSharp-57
VSharp-57
Color-50
Tint-50

Expert settings/Control
Dynamic Contrast Off
Noise Reduction Off
Super Resolution On
Gamma High
Black Level Low
Film Mode On
Color Gamut Standard
Edge Enhancer On
Temp-WARM

As you can see, I like pics to POP hence the high sharpness and Edge Enhancer and deep contrast. I will try to post Graph showing RGB almost DEAD ON Straight line Across Greyscale.
Here u go. Hope ya like!!!
RGB >>>
5/ -2 -1 0
10/ 0 -1 7
15/ -1 1 7
20/-5 1 5
25/-5 0 4
30/-7 0 -1
35/-13 2 1
40/-12 1 0
45/-11 6 -7
50/-20 1 -3
55/-25 1 -13
60/-21 1 -10
65/-24 2 -2
70/-25 2 -16
75/-22 3 -12
80/-28 0 -5
85/-35 2 -16
90/-31 5 -7
95/-30 4 -6
100/-50 2 -8

Gamma was a bit tricky so used Disney WOW HD for Brightness and Contrast.
Extremely happy with these settings. I just now need to know how to set Gamma and rest of Color settings to feel 100 percent complete.

I someone could tell me what their black levels are like after these exact settings, that would be awesome! I don't think they are crushed but others might.

Special thanks to thread user pz750 for inspiring me to do with his settings and for his great advice!

I found Gamma goes up and down based off of your Contrast, mine would stay straight until 70 or so then peak way up, I set my Contrast right at 30 ftl and this fixed that problem. How'd setting it up go with the Inner fields? I wish I would have known thats what those were though, I had no clue lol. I heard using a full field with a plasma can throw off the sensor, not sure though. I am happy with my settings, first time I did it was during day though with big picture window shining on it didn't realize how much that can throw it off it made it horribly green, redid it last night and have a completely smooth greyscale ramp across the board.
post #125 of 137 Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM

To be honest, I have to do again and emphasize a little more on gamma. If I followed according to the greyscale for dummies site, I found I wasn't getting the "punch" I wanted from pics.

As far as the full screen ire's, u r right. States better to do with window, however, I found a bit tedious an wanted to see results on chart which showed excellent all the way across, so I don't believe the window screens make much of a difference. Also, LG's menu screens are a but large and intrusive so I feel the window thing is pretty obsolete because of this. That's just my much noobish opinion on that.

I recently noticed you on this thread since I've been busy as if late but I def want to pick ur brain like I did with pz750, especially how the heck u tweaked the CMS with the i2 (maybe I was too lazy an exhausted with the IRES alone to read further..lol).

I want to try your settings on mine real soon!!! Will throw on Expert 1 to check out .
post #126 of 137 Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by derod68 View Post

To be honest, I have to do again and emphasize a little more on gamma. If I followed according to the greyscale for dummies site, I found I wasn't getting the "punch" I wanted from pics.

As far as the full screen ire's, u r right. States better to do with window, however, I found a bit tedious an wanted to see results on chart which showed excellent all the way across, so I don't believe the window screens make much of a difference. Also, LG's menu screens are a but large and intrusive so I feel the window thing is pretty obsolete because of this. That's just my much noobish opinion on that.

I recently noticed you on this thread since I've been busy as if late but I def want to pick ur brain like I did with pz750, especially how the heck u tweaked the CMS with the i2 (maybe I was too lazy an exhausted with the IRES alone to read further..lol).

I want to try your settings on mine real soon!!! Will throw on Expert 1 to check out .

Ya the CMS is in the last part of his guide you'll need the AVS test disk to calibrate those, and it's VERY frustrating to say the least. Either the LG has a poorly implemented CMS, as he mentions in that section, or I'm doing it wrong cause no matter what I do I cannot get any colors other than red under 9 delta E and one of those colors, green to be exact was way messed up even under 9. I had to changed it back because the setting I had was causing bad pixelation in dark greens. I think it's possible I should be using the stmpe-c standard over the rec709 standard because I did burn the AVS disk to a DVD but according to the guide it's still bluray content just playing from a burned DVD. Oh and yes I agree the LG menus are horrible for calibrating, think they would've thought of this huh? By the time I was done I was so sick of waving around that darn magic remote to exit and reenter the menu. Lol

Try setting your tv up by the greyscale site. I know what you're talking about by "punch" and I used to think the same thing. After you do watch you're tv for a week and then go back to you're old settings with punch ill tell ya you'll wanna switch back almost immediately as nothing will look natural to you. I have a cheapy 18 inch set in my bedroom that pretty much is all punch and after setting up my Lg tv by standard the one in the bedroom drives me insane. Plus you never see a show or movie the way the director intended it. Joe Kane from the DVE-HD disk talks extensively about this.
post #127 of 137 Old 06-15-2012, 02:09 AM

Guarddog13, could you post your latest settings? (thanks in advance)

As you described, I found these settings from post #120 too green, too.
I have European model of 50PZ950s and all settings from this forum seems good for my set.
I'm very curious, how your latest calibration settings will work on my TV. smile.gif
post #128 of 137 Old 06-15-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_dvb View Post

Guarddog13, could you post your latest settings? (thanks in advance)

As you described, I found these settings from post #120 too green, too.
I have European model of 50PZ950s and all settings from this forum seems good for my set.
I'm very curious, how your latest calibration settings will work on my TV. smile.gif

Those were my most recent calibration settings that I got off a new device. I updated them when I did the calibration. It does appear slightly green but after watching it for a few months I don't notice it, also friends and family who have seen it claim it's the best they have seen a tv...I'm just curious if it appeared green because this the tv was so red/blue out of the box. The grey scale is actually completely grey all the way across so could just be my eyes. biggrin.gif
post #129 of 137 Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 PM

Thank you for the explanation.
You are right about the tv was so red/blue and even yellow (THX mode) out of the box.
It's amazing that settings you made fit to my set very good.
post #130 of 137 Old 06-15-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_dvb View Post

Thank you for the explanation.
You are right about the tv was so red/blue and even yellow (THX mode) out of the box.
It's amazing that settings you made fit to my set very good.

Well that yellow is what the tv will look to the human eye if it's way to red. Use that same greyscale for the 3D mode to you'll be amazed at what 3D looks like calibrated.
post #131 of 137 Old 07-09-2012, 09:48 AM

Has anyone heard of color shifting? I have a 60PZ750 that I bought in November and it has a problem with the color. It is very faint. I had to point it out to my wife who sees it now. When there is a solid color on the tv that is a lighter shade of a color and there is movemenrt that shade of color wants switch between a lighter shade and a darker shade very quickly and it looks like a flash almost. It has been very hard to explain to the people in India who take the customer service calls and the local LG certified techs have had my tv twice and cant seem to get it fixed. The service # is 60PZ750-UG.AUSZLHR. Maybe someone can help explain this or help me figure out a way to gey this resolved because I hate watching my tv.
post #132 of 137 Old 08-01-2012, 07:51 AM

Liked: 37
bump up our own thread not much talk about this tv lately
post #133 of 137 Old 08-07-2012, 03:29 PM

New update just released this week. Not sure what it does.
post #134 of 137 Old 12-14-2012, 09:18 PM

Liked: 37
Lol I need to learn how to calibrate for real or pay somebody
post #135 of 137 Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 PM

I have an issue with brightness on my 50PZ750 TV. The screen doesn't seem to like pure white in too much of the frame and darkens down to compensate. I've turned off the Energy Saving settings, but still no luck on pure whites. Very frustrating.
post #136 of 137 Old 04-28-2013, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 106
That's normal on a plasma. It is done to reduce power consumption. Nothing you can do about that, except maybe buy an older model with a higher peak luminance ratio (most older ones achieved 90% which is barely perceptible, but newer plasmas are around 60~70% due to Energy Star applying significant restrictions.)
post #137 of 137 Old 01-17-2014, 12:58 PM

Liked: 13
Hey I had a few questions on this tv regarding a calibration. of the 60pz750

When I have my meter hooked up to the screen and using a Windowed grayscale design I seem to get two different readings.

The first reading comes when I am inside the calibration menu when it is on the screen on the lower half

The second reading is when I am outside of the calibration menu and have nothing on the screen but the grayscale picture

The issue I am having is due to fact that with the remote it is such a pain to go into the calibration menu, it is like a 4 step process to get into the grayscale settings

So I have a few questions

1 - Am I accessing the grayscale menu incorrectly or is there a shorter method? (I hit Menu, Setup, Video, ISF then expert control ?

2 - How did many of you who accurately calibrated your TV change your meter results ?

Lastly

3 - Beside 8741 is there another service menu code I can use to get the most accurate readings and make adjustments while taking constant readings with my calibration meter?
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Infinia 50pz750 Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page