Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma? - Page 22 - AVS Forum
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last
Plasma Flat Panel Displays > Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma?
Ebi64's Avatar Ebi64 06:58 PM 07-06-2011
Hello my bothered brothers. Just want to share I was down in Newport Beach area. The Fry's & BB stores both has peeling issues on their 64D8000's. The numb nuts there were not aware of the issue till I pointed it out for them.

As for my situation still using the first bad replacement screen. Was hoping for All Clear and Fixed Alert by now.

spdntrxi's Avatar spdntrxi 07:17 PM 07-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi64 View Post

Hello my bothered brothers. Just want to share I was down in Newport Beach area. The Fry's & BB stores both has peeling issues on their 64D8000's. The numb nuts there were not aware of the issue till I pointed it out for them.

As for my situation still using the first bad replacement screen. Was hoping for All Clear and Fixed Alert by now.

sorry.. I have a June build and one corner peeling.. otherwise this panel is amazing. I have not broke it to my retailer yet.. but my salesguy knows about peeling ( I showed him on their set).. all he did was point at the VT30.. they push pannys hard at this store.
Franin's Avatar Franin 07:57 PM 07-06-2011
Ive just recently bought mine how long was it before you noticed the screen peel?
spdntrxi's Avatar spdntrxi 08:32 PM 07-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

Ive just recently bought mine how long was it before you noticed the screen peel?

Soon as I took the +1 sticker off the bezel.. the peel was hiding behind it
Franin's Avatar Franin 08:46 PM 07-06-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post

Soon as I took the +1 sticker off the bezel.. the peel was hiding behind it

Ill check mine when i get home.
spdntrxi's Avatar spdntrxi 08:56 PM 07-06-2011
Quote:

Ill check mine when i get home.

when my TV is cold.. the peel is worse.. when it's been on for a few hours the peel is smaller and thus harder to see.. @ viewing distance I cant tell ofcourse.
Franin's Avatar Franin 11:12 PM 07-06-2011
Quote:

when my TV is cold.. the peel is worse.. when it's been on for a few hours the peel is smaller and thus harder to see.. @ viewing distance I cant tell ofcourse.

I recieved mine 3 weeks ago how long have you had your display ?
spdntrxi's Avatar spdntrxi 06:09 AM 07-07-2011
Quote:

I recieved mine 3 weeks ago how long have you had your display ?

1st week
Franin's Avatar Franin 08:11 AM 07-07-2011
Quote:

1st week

When were they released?
depechemode76's Avatar depechemode76 08:15 AM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDLVR View Post

I waited almost the entire 30 days on my first, and will do the same
on my second. both times started very very small, would have never
noticed it had I not known from this board, by the end the first just
entered the pixels,on my second looks to be the same, both times
just one location, top left corner, everywhere else looks great.
by the end with the tv off it was easy to spot from my 12ft. seating
distance, honestly if it was a dent or something in the back that
i could not see or would not get worse i wouldnt keep swapping them out.

HDLVR, thanks for the response. So close to the 30 day warranty you were able to see the peeling 12ft away? That sounds pretty bad. Can you tell me how bad the peeling got and if it was on both top corners? Well IMO I think the people that have returned their sets for new ones and haven't experienced peeling will eventually. The tv is great and I'm going to ride it out. The peeling has just gotten to the pixels, but I can't see it unless I'm right infront of the tv and it has to be off...My tv has no buzzing like other's do. Looks like Samsung provides 1yr Labor and Parts warranty...I'm hoping by that time they should have a solution or hoping the peeling doesn't get much worse...
FlasHBurN's Avatar FlasHBurN 11:51 AM 07-07-2011
Interesting, I just got a email saying that @SamsungService just "Favorited" my tweet that I sent the other day:
"@SamsungService Tons of people whose anti-reflective coating is peeling on their Plasma's. http://t.co/gKvhthx #SamsungScreenPeeling "
smitty's Avatar smitty 01:15 PM 07-07-2011
That is interesting. Maybe Samsung is starting to change their approach.

I sent another email to them yesterday with links to this thread and some similar threads, and they replied that, while they do not have the option to access third-party websites, "we have forwarded your E-mail message to the proper individuals. The issue will be taken care of. We value your comments."

So maybe there's hope.
jonathange's Avatar jonathange 04:16 PM 07-07-2011
Ok round 2 I received my replacement pn64d8000 last Saturday it has a June build date and so far no peel or any other problems, keeping my fingers crossed!
HDLVR's Avatar HDLVR 05:20 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode76 View Post

HDLVR, thanks for the response. So close to the 30 day warranty you were able to see the peeling 12ft away? That sounds pretty bad. Can you tell me how bad the peeling got and if it was on both top corners? Well IMO I think the people that have returned their sets for new ones and haven't experienced peeling will eventually. The tv is great and I'm going to ride it out. The peeling has just gotten to the pixels, but I can't see it unless I'm right infront of the tv and it has to be off...My tv has no buzzing like other's do. Looks like Samsung provides 1yr Labor and Parts warranty...I'm hoping by that time they should have a solution or hoping the peeling doesn't get much worse...

Your welcome, let me clarify, by the end of thirty days i could clearly
see it from 12ft. with light in the room, I still didnt notice it while watching
the t.v. and I only had it in the top left corner, all other places were
perfect. Mine was well into the pixels by the end, i think they will get a
handle on this, its a great display and I have zero interest in any other set
so hopefully this gets resolved.
agogley's Avatar agogley 06:17 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlasHBurN View Post

Interesting, I just got a email saying that @SamsungService just "Favorited" my tweet that I sent the other day:
"@SamsungService Tons of people whose anti-reflective coating is peeling on their Plasma's. http://t.co/gKvhthx #SamsungScreenPeeling "

I'm not particularly happy. Everyone complains but when it comes to taking action...like sending a 140 character tweet, nobody takes action. All people have to do is #samsungscreenpeeling. But only you and I have done it.

If you want Samsung to take notice, do something.
agogley's Avatar agogley 06:18 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDLVR View Post

Your welcome, let me clarify, by the end of thirty days i could clearly
see it from 12ft. with light in the room, I still didnt notice it while watching
the t.v. and I only had it in the top left corner, all other places were
perfect. Mine was well into the pixels by the end, i think they will get a
handle on this, its a great display and I have zero interest in any other set
so hopefully this gets resolved.

I feel the same way. I love the display except for the peeling and have no desire for anything else.
spdntrxi's Avatar spdntrxi 06:20 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by agogley View Post

I feel the same way. I love the display except for the peeling and have no desire for anything else.

add me to that same list.. actually debating with myself on maybe not swapping.. my peel is into the pixels but has not gotten any bigger since day1... the panel is dead quiet.. no pixel issues.. no apparent IR issues.. perfect.
Carl Lee's Avatar Carl Lee 06:27 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:

I'm not particularly happy. Everyone complains but when it comes to taking action...like sending a 140 character tweet, nobody takes action. All people have to do is #samsungscreenpeeling. But only you and I have done it.

There are those of us that don't have the time to tweet or even know how. I know I dont even have a twitter account as I don't need one.
HDLVR's Avatar HDLVR 06:41 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:

I did a tweet to @samsungservice, I will do it again as you have shown,
thanks for doing that.
HDLVR's Avatar HDLVR 06:43 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:

add me to that same list.. actually debating with myself on maybe not swapping.. my peel is into the pixels but has not gotten any bigger since day1... the panel is dead quiet.. no pixel issues.. no apparent IR issues.. perfect.

Yeah I have a couple days left, I just may hold on to this one until
its resolved, no buzzing or other issues, my neighbors probably think
we are nuts with all the t.v. deliveries....
Franin's Avatar Franin 06:56 PM 07-07-2011
Checked mine last night but will keep an eye on it . Im glad I stumbled on this thread.
FlasHBurN's Avatar FlasHBurN 07:33 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:

And I don't even own a Samsung! (yet)
GSDTrainer's Avatar GSDTrainer 07:47 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:

So you are willing to drop a couple of grand on a defective product and keep it then call it perfect? All I can say is WOW what reality do you live in? That is what Samsung is hoping for and that this gets swept under the rug. If it was me I would be returning as many as it takes to get one that is to my satisfaction. When Samsung starts having to eat all those refurb TV's then they might take notice. Tweeting about it from a group that probably comprises .01% of the people buying these sets isnt going to amount to anything IMO.
spdntrxi's Avatar spdntrxi 08:02 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDTrainer View Post

So you are willing to drop a couple of grand on a defective product and keep it then call it perfect? All I can say is WOW what reality do you live in? That is what Samsung is hoping for and that this gets swept under the rug. If it was me I would be returning as many as it takes to get one that is to my satisfaction. When Samsung starts having to eat all those refurb TV's then they might take notice. Tweeting about it from a group that probably comprises .01% of the people buying these sets isnt going to amount to anything IMO.

well I mean in the 30 days I have w/ the retailer.. After which I have to take it up with Samsung. Atleast if you register it online you get an extra 3months from samsung. Really curious what winter might bring with colder temps. I'm really hoping for some kind of in the field fix.. honestly how hard could it be to reapply some adhesive in one tiny corner.. probably would not be able to even tell.
Hudson1's Avatar Hudson1 08:25 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDTrainer View Post

Do really think Samsung is unaware of this issue? Of course they are! I imagine their manufacturing engineering group is working overtime to figure out why some of the RBF filters are peeling. Trust me... the reasons probably aren't obvious why the majority of screens are fine while many others aren't.

Until they have a certain handle on the manufacturing conditions that are responsible for the problem and, just as important, the changes needed to insure they've rectified the problem, we aren't going to hear much out of them. Sending them a few tweets isn't going to change that, either.
sony-pany's Avatar sony-pany 09:15 PM 07-07-2011
Just got back from Best Buy. I told them about my Peeling issue and its not been 30 days yet and they are exchanging my TV with new One,
Techlord's Avatar Techlord 11:22 PM 07-07-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

Do really think Samsung is unaware of this issue? Of course they are! I imagine their manufacturing engineering group is working overtime to figure out why some of the RBF filters are peeling. Trust me... the reasons probably aren't obvious why the majority of screens are fine while many others aren't.

Until they have a certain handle on the manufacturing conditions that are responsible for the problem and, just as important, the changes needed to insure they've rectified the problem, we aren't going to hear much out of them. Sending them a few tweets isn't going to change that, either.

How are you getting this inside information that Samsung is actually aware of or even doing anything about this peeling issue? You must either know someone within the company or you work for Samsung, then again you "imagine" their manufacturing engineering group is working overtime which is a guess at best. Things will only progress if the "right people" know about it, from what I've read in this thread it doesn't seem like that has happened "yet".
rmongiovi's Avatar rmongiovi 12:35 AM 07-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlord View Post

Things will only progress if the "right people" know about it, from what I've read in this thread it doesn't seem like that has happened "yet".

They've agreed to buy my set back. This is hitting them in the pocketbook. That's how you get a large company's attention. If this is really as prevalent as it seems to be from our unscientific survey, the only thing that's saving them is that most of the folks who bought the sets aren't like the folks who read this forum - they don't know about the issue and they aren't as critical about their sets. If Samsung admitted this as an official issue and it hit the news, the number of sets they have to repair/replace would be sure to go way up.
Roy
Techlord's Avatar Techlord 01:43 AM 07-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmongiovi View Post

They've agreed to buy my set back. This is hitting them in the pocketbook. That's how you get a large company's attention. If this is really as prevalent as it seems to be from our unscientific survey, the only thing that's saving them is that most of the folks who bought the sets aren't like the folks who read this forum - they don't know about the issue and they aren't as critical about their sets. If Samsung admitted this as an official issue and it hit the news, the number of sets they have to repair/replace would be sure to go way up.
Roy

Great news, perhaps they want to have a look at what everyone's talking about! No manufacturer will publicly admit to defects unless someone with a set actually complains about the peeling issue, with places like Twitter and Face Book the word tends to spread like wildfire! We all know that there's a lot more out there who haven't noticed the peeling yet, nowhere near the numbers on this forum! If Samsung knows what good for them they should repair/replace these peelers to people even after the manufacturers warranty!
Hudson1's Avatar Hudson1 04:45 AM 07-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlord View Post

How are you getting this inside information that Samsung is actually aware of or even doing anything about this peeling issue? You must either know someone within the company or you work for Samsung, then again you "imagine" their manufacturing engineering group is working overtime which is a guess at best. Things will only progress if the "right people" know about it, from what I've read in this thread it doesn't seem like that has happened "yet".

I don't have inside information but this is not hard to figure out. When Amazon suspends sale of a major television due to customer reports of a problem, don't you think there would be some substantial discussions going on between them and Samsung? When Best Buy gets a bunch of returns for a quality issue, the same would go on from that, too. Have we now covered what are likely Samsung's two largest USA customers? When your two largest customers report the same problem, the "right" people know about it right away.
First ... 20  21  22 23  24  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop