Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma? - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 08:58 AM

Location: Raised in San Jose, CA live in Manteca CA currently
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My tech arrives this afternoon in CA. I wonder what he will try to fix it or tell samsung to send me a new TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Forgot to mention, the build date on my defective panel was february 2011, as opposed to the march date for the set itself.
post #93 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebi64 View Post

My tech arrives this afternoon in CA. I wonder what he will try to fix it or tell samsung to send me a new TV.

Honestly, it probably could be fixed with a few drops of the right type of adhesive, but they swap the panel inside your set instead.
post #94 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM

best buy should be here within the hour with my replacement 64D7000. Im wondering if i should let them hang out while i unbox to check it.
post #95 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton111 View Post

Honestly, it probably could be fixed with a few drops of the right type of adhesive, but they swap the panel inside your set instead.

The reason I'm concerned is that the plasma panel undergoes a great deal of thermal stress each time it's turned on and off. If the film adhesive is iffy, this is a problem that's bound to spread.
Roy
post #96 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 12:58 PM

2nd set just arrived....has the same deal in the upper right hand corner..picture coming. I am so frustrated I have no idea what to do at this point.
post #97 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrmstrng View Post

2nd set just arrived....has the same deal in the upper right hand corner..picture coming. I am so frustrated I have no idea what to do at this point.

get the panny vt30. Your luck has run out with Sammy.

Looks like this is a serious design issue with the Sammy.
post #98 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 01:11 PM

If i didnt get this set for <$2800 I would consider.
post #99 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If i didnt get this set for <$2800 I would consider.

In that case, keep exchanging until you get one without a peel. Or call Sammy to exchange the panel.
post #100 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 01:59 PM

Does anyone know if the best buy 30 day return policy refreshes with each replacement unit that comes? Or do i have to return this one ASAP to stay within the 30 day window from the first purchase.
post #101 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Does anyone know if the best buy 30 day return policy refreshes with each replacement unit that comes? Or do i have to return this one ASAP to stay within the 30 day window from the first purchase.

I believe it is 30 days from when you get the replacement, but check with them.
post #102 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Quote:

30 days with each replacement
post #103 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotskins View Post

30 days with each replacement

Ok great...i guess if only this corner has it ever so slightly and after around 20 something days of lots of viewing it hasnt gotten worse im going to keep it.
post #104 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 02:59 PM

The tech has left and we discovered there is no protective film on the screen that needs to be removed. The screen top layer had pealed away from itself. The tech saw and acknowledge the peal/bubble of the screen layer. After opening the panel slightly he pressed it down with his thumb and said Bada Bing good as new. LOL. No he didn't say those exact words but almost. He was trying to convince me it would be OK and I has a whole year to see if it peals again. He has never heard of such a defect in his lifetime. After some prodding and showing I was not alone thanks to these forums. A new panel will be ordered and installed in a week or so. Here are a couple of pics after he finger pressed the layer back into place with no adhesive added. Good luck to the rest of you.

What is the longest continuous time you can run this TV safely?
LL
LL
post #105 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM

For people having problems with their tv's, like the flickering and the screen filter peeling,very loud buzzing, ect, I would be blasting it all over facebook on samsungs page. Post pictures,video's and all!

They are so big on social media so if they were getting alot of unhappy customers on there then they would be likely to act and fix the problem.

I would not waste time submitting the fault by phone because they dont reach anywhere higher than the person in customer service centre.

When I get my tv next week if it has any of these issues then I will be making my voice heard here: https://www.facebook.com/SamsungTV

Please everyone "jump in"...
post #106 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:

The tech has left and we discovered there is no protective film on the screen that needs to be removed. The screen top layer had pealed away from itself. The tech saw and acknowledge the peal/bubble of the screen layer. After opening the panel slightly he pressed it down with his thumb and said Bada Bing good as new. LOL. No he didn't say those exact words but almost. He was trying to convince me it would be OK and I has a whole year to see if it peals again. He has never heard of such a defect in his lifetime. After some prodding and showing I was not alone thanks to these forums. A new panel will be ordered and installed in a week or so. Here are a couple of pics after he finger pressed the layer back into place with no adhesive added. Good luck to the rest of you.

I have been running my TV for 15hrs a day for 14 days straight. With 2 or 3 days going up to 18hrs straight. No peeling.........Yet! I will keep doing this for the rest of my remaining 30 days. If it peels its going back!
post #107 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOPANindustries View Post

For people having problems with their tv's, like the flickering and the screen filter peeling,very loud buzzing, ect, I would be blasting it all over facebook on samsungs page. Post pictures,video's and all!

They are so big on social media so if they were getting alot of unhappy customers on there then they would be likely to act and fix the problem.

I would not waste time submitting the fault by phone because they dont reach anywhere higher than the person in customer service centre.

When I get my tv next week if it has any of these issues then I will be making my voice heard here: https://www.facebook.com/SamsungTV

Im in!!! If mine peels or starts buzzing in the next two weeks.
post #108 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 06:03 PM

Good on you guys, we are loyal samsung customer and we will not take any BS!

Keep posting on facebook, we will be heard!!

Do it on multiple walls and daily, use these samsung walls:

https://www.facebook.com/SamsungUSA

https://www.facebook.com/SamsungService

https://www.facebook.com/SamsungTV

Together we can have the loudest voice!!
post #109 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
How many of these problems have you had that Samsung refused to fix?

I'm not sure what your point in doing this is other then to try and make yourself feel better?

Samsung knows if and when they have a problem. These are BRAND NEW models with a new filter and new electronics.

Maybe you shouldn't have bought the first models out of the gate if you can't handle having to have some waranty work done?

I'm not trying to appologize for Samsung, but the fact is crying about it on facebook isn't going to make them fix what they fix already any faster or any better.

Quote:

buytme
post #110 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

You haven't even received your television and you're complaining already. Why did you buy it, anyway???
post #111 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson1 View Post

You haven't even received your television and you're complaining already. Why did you buy it, anyway???

Because I feel for people that have spent so much money and are receiving defective product.

A friend of mine has a 63C8000 and it buzzes loader than you can scream, I don't know how he handles it, he tried to get it fixed and service people says it not faulty....What the??

Apart from that it has a fantastic picture so I am going to buy the 64D model. I have been reading forums and absorbing every bit of info and was surprised to see this buzzing goes back the last three years of samsung models.

And now with this peeling issue, along with picture brightness flickering issue that has popped up that was not there in 63C model, well I just think it's unacceptable.

On the subject of this picture brightness flicker issue, do you guys think it could have something to do with this new "micro dimming" technology they put in the plasma for the first time? The c model did not have micro dimming!
post #112 of 1203 Old 05-27-2011, 11:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Even if you do get third set what are you going to do when it peals in the future? Your gut should be telling you to walk away from Samsung plasmas for the time being!

Techlord
post #113 of 1203 Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 AM

Same issue with my new Samsung Plasma; Crutchfield is giving me a new one. I am so close to peeling it all off; I don't like the glossy screen. Would rather a matte finish. Other than that TV is great. will post after receiving the new one.
PN59D8000 - Crutchfiend customer service has always been superb.
post #114 of 1203 Old 05-28-2011, 08:00 AM

Crutchfield
post #115 of 1203 Old 05-28-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:

The tech thumb press did not last and the Infamous Peel has return to haunt me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....

Glad I made him order a new panel.
post #116 of 1203 Old 05-28-2011, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I looked a all the d and c 7000-8000 models they had at mags and bb. No peelings seen I hope it's fixed

Johnny
Klipsch,Denon,Parasound,Sunfire
post #117 of 1203 Old 05-30-2011, 11:19 AM

my 2nd set has a small amount in both upper corners but hasn't reached the actual panel...i guess im going to stick with this set and deal with Samsung in the future instead of bestbuy. I cannot take the time to have to swap out the set when im at work M-F so Ill just hope the samsung tech will fix it if it gets worse in the future.
post #118 of 1203 Old 05-30-2011, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

my 2nd set has a small amount in both upper corners but hasn't reached the actual panel...i guess im going to stick with this set and deal with Samsung in the future instead of bestbuy. I cannot take the time to have to swap out the set when im at work M-F so Ill just hope the samsung tech will fix it if it gets worse in the future.

Your taking a big risk here if it does peals later, don't assume Samsung will fix the problem!

Techlord
post #119 of 1203 Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I just saw my first 59D8000 tonight at Visions West Edmonton. I looked for the pealing and sure enough .......a half round pealing corner in the upper left 3/4" or so.

I was interested in Samsung this year but there is no way I am going to chance it..........especially when the picture on the 55ST 30 and 55VT 30 both appeared vastly superior although my first impression could change (black level was obviously better on both Panasonic's).
post #120 of 1203 Old 05-31-2011, 01:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR1963 View Post

I just saw my first 59D8000 tonight at Visions West Edmonton. I looked for the pealing and sure enough .......a half round pealing corner in the upper left 3/4" or so.

I was interested in Samsung this year but there is no way I am going to chance it..........especially when the picture on the 55ST 30 and 55VT 30 both appeared vastly superior although my first impression could change (black level was obviously better on both Panasonic's).

I will say that Samsung has some of the best technology out there, but there manufacturing is flawed and cheaply done! All of their potential sales loss is going to cost Samsung and the money spent repairing current customer's sets, all of that money could have been spent improving manufacturing quality! When will Samsung learn their lesson? How embarrassing!

Terchlord
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page