Antiglare / Antireflective coating peeling on new Samsung plasma? - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1203 Old 02-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Guys quick question?

So like I wrote before my D7000 started peeling 15 months after I bought it and Samsung responded by sending me a new screen. Right away I was able to see that the new screen had a buzzing that the original one did not have and a struck pixel near the middle. I called Samsung and after 2 months they told me to live with it.

Lets just say social media has some "pull" and Samsung responded positively. Now I'm not sure if its worth the "risk" to get another unit that may buzz loader and have more than one stuck pixel. Should I role the dice and hope for a better unit? Other than it no turning ON I know for a fact I'll have to keep this one if I go through with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1203 Old 02-19-2013, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Guy View Post

Guys quick question?

So like I wrote before my D7000 started peeling 15 months after I bought it and Samsung responded by sending me a new screen. Right away I was able to see that the new screen had a buzzing that the original one did not have and a struck pixel near the middle. I called Samsung and after 2 months they told me to live with it.

Lets just say social media has some "pull" and Samsung responded positively. Now I'm not sure if its worth the "risk" to get another unit that may buzz loader and have more than one stuck pixel. Should I role the dice and hope for a better unit? Other than it no turning ON I know for a fact I'll have to keep this one if I go through with it.

Anyone? Time is of the essence since I've been contacted by the service contractor near me.
post #1203 of 1203 Old 02-23-2013, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

So after a lot of effort Samsung sent another screen. This one works as its suppose to. I still cant understand why Samsung would not send a complete TV and instead they send a screen, speaker and most if the electronics and spent 30-40 minutes working on this. They only reused the brushed metal frame and one electronic from the inside. Silly.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page