Slide images from Mac to SD card issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've loaded Evangelo2's slides from my iMac onto an SD card, and on my new 55ST30 I get a blank image between each photo, with a box and "!" in it, and the tv says "cannot read file." So, my slide show isn't going too well so far...Any info.?? I haven't found anything in the manual yet to help me, but I haven't read the whole thing yet. Thank you all for your time!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 59
You need to have the Sd card formatted in a windows computer. I believe it needs FAT32 formatting. Then it should work fine.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Forget the slides, there's no need for them. Just calibrate as best you can, watch and enjoy your plasma. That's why you bought it in the first place.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #4 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 05:57 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenyoungers View Post

I've loaded Evangelo2's slides from my iMac onto an SD card, and on my new 55ST30 I get a blank image between each photo, with a box and "!" in it, and the tv says "cannot read file." So, my slide show isn't going too well so far...Any info.?? I haven't found anything in the manual yet to help me, but I haven't read the whole thing yet. Thank you all for your time!!

The Mac computer adds some sort of companion file to each JPG and the TV can't read those files. Others have posted Mac tricks to strip these companion files (Mac peeps will have to tell you how).

But i agree with the above - unless you're intending to have an ISF calibrator come to your house within the week to calibrate your TV, there really is no need to run the slides or do any sort of break-in as it serves no other purpose other than a quick panel preparation for calibration.

Watching full screen HD, movies, and other content right out of the box at normal picture settings pretty much does the same thing - and you get to enjoy the set instead of obsessing about it.

Why do you want to run the slides?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.
Pic of My A/V setup - http://cdn.avsforum.com/f/f1/900x900..._Img_4867.jpeg
Gallery - http://www.avsforum.com/g/a/2082686/randywalter...
post #5 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks everyone for all the info!! Very helpful. I'm running the slides so I can use D-Nice's settings, after following his instructions. I'm following his instructions TO THE LETTER-EXACTLY. I just thought I would do it to get the best pic. possible. What can it hurt? I've been following this forum for the last few months, and D'Nice seems to have a good rep. with everyone, so I decided to give it a try.We loaded the slides with my mother-in-law's windows pc, and it's going great now. I still have my older 07 Panny 720 model in the main room, my new one is in the office running the slides, so the family can still watch tv...I ordered my 55ST30 on April 16, to get the free Skype camera, but the tv was backordered, so I just got it yesterday. I'm so excited!! It's beautiful, and I can't wait to check out some B-Ray!! I thought most of us here would agree that D'Nice knows what he's talking about...Am I wrong? I thought that advice from a Certified Calibrator about settings and panel prep. on this new model, that he recently tested and calibrated, would be advice that I would be OK with. So you guys think D'Nice is full of s*** or what? Any more info. or ideas are welcome. Thanks again!!
post #6 of 6 Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 59
You'll be fine with D-nice's procedure so no worries. He is now recommending to run the slides for 150 hours because of slight gamma shift between 100 and 150 f.y.i.

About the "what can it hurt" question, the only thing that comes to mind is the tv will be running at full bore with the added heat which may be above normal levels but I'm sure the tv can handle it without any issues.
Reply Plasma Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page